Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Someone said I needed a trigger warning for this:

I don't know why.

Real talk though. On one hand, it does feel like the SJW/Tumblr crowd massively overused it, and thus the alt-right backlashed against it because ~reasons~ (same reason for all the genders Tumblr seems to claim: read online bullying). I think the tl;dr of it is that the alt-right here is pushing that "YOU'RE A BUNCH OF PUSSIES" when in reality it is delegitimatizing those who would actually like them, such as soldiers or rape victims.

Or an even shorter tl;dr: :pedophiles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/769168756539088896

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yes but did he mean cocksucker in a homophobic way or was he just pallin' around

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

quote:

You… I need you to, just friggin. I want you to record this and make it public because I am after you. Thank you.”

I need you to, just friggin.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Loling @ "African-American leaders of many different countries"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Lotka Volterra posted:

Maybe Liberia had representation? They sorta count

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/769172299866050561

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/769172315817054208

Will the law actually do something this time...?

Probably not because lol nothing matters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This kind of fraud is proof we need strict voter ID laws.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lotka Volterra posted:

She's talking naturalised first-generation immigrants. It's a reasonable thing to say for anyone who isn't on as rabidly anti-immigrant platform as Team Trump.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Important news from the art world: Christie's is having an Americana auction September 21-22, from the collection of none other than Ronald Reagan

http://www.christies.com/salelandin...Ronald%20Reagan

Now's your chance to own a piece of history!

For example:

pony skin rug

"You ain't seen nothing yet" needlepoint cushion

clock thing

cowhide ottomans

Briefcase table

Nancy Reagan snuff bottle

TEXAS

Tissue box, engraved "Blow elegantly Mr. President"

and the piece de resistance:

Signed fragment of the Berlin Wall

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yes but did he mean cocksucker in a homophobic way or was he just pallin' around

Yes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i want those boots so loving bad

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Darth Walrus posted:

She's talking naturalised first-generation immigrants. It's a reasonable thing to say for anyone who isn't on as rabidly anti-immigrant platform as Team Trump.

somehow I doubt they are meeting with leaders of the Somali or Ethiopian immigrant communities, and are instead counting whoever they can get in a room as "leaders from many different countries"

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Sure am glad I taught you that word...

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Defenestration posted:

Important news from the art world: Christie's is having an Americana auction September 21-22, from the collection of none other than Ronald Reagan

http://www.christies.com/salelandin...Ronald%20Reagan

Now's your chance to own a piece of history!

For example:

pony skin rug

"You ain't seen nothing yet" needlepoint cushion

clock thing

cowhide ottomans

Briefcase table

Nancy Reagan snuff bottle

TEXAS

Tissue box, engraved "Blow elegantly Mr. President"

and the piece de resistance:

Signed fragment of the Berlin Wall

Goddamn late-20th century Anglo-American material culture was the worst.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

reminder that we litigated this very thing itt

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Sure am glad I taught you that word...

Except LePage knows who stole the loving dope. Shifty, D-Money, and Smoothie.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Den equivalent of Trump is LaRouche

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"They attended the meeting and told him things and he listened"

She is literally describing the mechanics of a conversation. How is any of this real.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

iospace posted:

Someone said I needed a trigger warning for this:

I don't know why.

Real talk though. On one hand, it does feel like the SJW/Tumblr crowd massively overused it, and thus the alt-right backlashed against it because ~reasons~ (same reason for all the genders Tumblr seems to claim: read online bullying). I think the tl;dr of it is that the alt-right here is pushing that "YOU'RE A BUNCH OF PUSSIES" when in reality it is delegitimatizing those who would actually like them, such as soldiers or rape victims.

Or an even shorter tl;dr: :pedophiles:

You can get pizza like that in detroit a lot, however it only looks like that if you are ordering just a cheese pizza, with a normal amount of toppings it looks way more normal, and its also really good as it always has the cheese caramelized on the crust

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Except LePage knows who stole the loving dope. Shifty, D-Money, and Smoothie.

:golfclap:

WoodrowSkillson posted:

You can get pizza like that in detroit a lot, however it only looks like that if you are ordering just a cheese pizza, with a normal amount of toppings it looks way more normal, and its also really good as it always has the cheese caramelized on the crust

Oh, is it time for pizza chat? 'Cause, as a Detroiter, I got some strong opinions about Detroit-style pizza.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

iospace posted:

is there a word for when people spend too much time on the internet and extrapolate from tumblr or /pol/ into irl politics? there should be if not

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

is there a word for when people spend too much time on the internet and extrapolate from tumblr or /pol/ into irl politics? there should be if not

Surely the Germans have a compound word perfect for this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

:golfclap:

Oh, is it time for pizza chat? 'Cause, as a Detroiter, I got some strong opinions about Detroit-style pizza.

Sup, only 3 more weeks till our citywide purgatory begins again

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

go3 posted:

i want those boots so loving bad

See, I'm more of a Nancy Reagan snuff bottle man.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neckbeards.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

it has been suggested by some scholars that the recent resurgence of far-right populism is rooted in feelings of inadequacy and humiliation.

There is a very very large group of quiet and powerful racists who have brains that work like this:

"I'm not racist. Everyone has a fair and equal shot."
<african american woman drives past in a car better than theirs>
"loving BLACKS GETTING poo poo BEFORE I DO gently caress THIS TRUMP '16"

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Isn't it customary for other countries to give weird, sort-of-nationally-themed gifts to the leaders of other countries while visiting? I know I once saw a list of weird poo poo people have given Obama on international visits.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sorry, insurers are losing too much money on Obamacare.

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/769148712354324481

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Surely the Germans have a compound word perfect for this.

Geistesschwache

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mad Hamish posted:

Isn't it customary for other countries to give weird, sort-of-nationally-themed gifts to the leaders of other countries while visiting? I know I once saw a list of weird poo poo people have given Obama on international visits.

Yes.

Poland gave him a bunch of Witcher swag :laugh:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

reminder that we litigated this very thing itt

oh hey you got the joke.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

haveblue posted:

Yes.

What?! Poland is the best, hot drat.

I don't even play that game, I just think that's hilarious. :laffo:

I was under the impression that the notion of a widespread Tumblr crowd that is overtly politically correct in the dumb way right wingers use the term is a myth by, well, the right wingers and people trying to earn independent cred. Even if such a thing exists outside the Internet it's unlikely to be a large enough demographic to take seriously.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

haveblue posted:

Yes.

How is that one listed as the worst? The Witcher is great.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

oh hey you got the joke.

i haven't had coffee yet you bully

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i haven't had coffee yet you bully

Be careful loving around me without adequate caffination!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/769177810678067200

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Zerilan posted:

How is that one listed as the worst? The Witcher is great.

Think of the political cartoons if Obama picked up The Witcher 3 instead of golf on his vacation.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lightning Knight posted:

I was under the impression that the notion of a widespread Tumblr crowd that is overtly politically correct in the dumb way right wingers use the term is a myth by, well, the right wingers and people trying to earn independent cred. Even if such a thing exists outside the Internet it's unlikely to be a large enough demographic to take seriously.

A lot of the over the top tumblr folks are trolls created by people to mock them drat SJWs. Then alt-right type folks use them to prove PC has gone crazy and the cycle continues.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Lightning Knight posted:

What?! Poland is the best, hot drat.

I don't even play that game, I just think that's hilarious. :laffo:

There is some reality to it, like students getting a production of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson cancelled, or many instances of speakers being cancelled, some of them not even right wing assholes, but it's way overblown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

A lot of the over the top tumblr folks are trolls created by people to mock them drat SJWs. Then alt-right type folks use them to prove PC has gone crazy and the cycle continues.

You must be joking, that would NEVER happen.

*shiftily glances towards the Conservapedia thread*

• Locked thread