Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hey goons, guess what day it is.

It's LEG DAAAAAAY.

Thank
Goons
It's
Leg day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is good to hear at age 30

My body is hanging in there

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's not the years man, it's the mileage.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lifting at >30 makes old aches feel better at the expense of new aches. At 40 I assume it starts being net negative, and at 50 you will probably die.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

notZaar posted:

It's not the years man, it's the mileage.

Good coz my body was garage kept for 30 years before lifting

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

Also i tested my testosterone levels

It cost like 20 bucks and and a blood test and day later i found out that my levels are naturally very high :getin: Almost at the breaking point of too high

Sweet.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Acelerion posted:

Lifting at >30 makes old aches feel better at the expense of new aches. At 40 I assume it starts being net negative, and at 50 you will probably die.

Lmao if you don't plan on being crushed by the barbell while beating your personal best on the bench press at an old age

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

SpeedyCow posted:

Good coz my body was garage kept for 30 years before lifting

im a 99 cobra mustang with a rebuilt title and a 200 shot of nitrous

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Wamdoodle posted:

Lmao if you don't plan on being crushed by the barbell while beating your personal best on the bench press at an old age

I'm going for the "rupture huge aneurysm while deadlifting" angle, myself.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Groke posted:

I'm going for the "rupture huge aneurysm while deadlifting" angle, myself.

Also a noble pursuit

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
At age 33 I do way more dumb poo poo that is likely to destroy my body than I ever did In my teens/20's......liftin' n aggressive hugging for life....

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Fallows posted:

im a 99 cobra mustang with a rebuilt title and a 200 shot of nitrous

I live my life a quarter squat at a time

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Gaz2k21 posted:

At age 33 I do way more dumb poo poo that is likely to destroy my body than I ever did In my teens/20's......liftin' n aggressive hugging for life....

Sex, Drugs, Rocking Chair

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dum Cumpster posted:

So this thread's been running for a couple years now. Is everyone other than the firefighter, emaciated sally, roid dude, and the crossfitter(s) jacked and tan now?

Kind of but I got really into jiu jitsu so I'm running a lot and thereby cancelling out all my gains.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

let me refer you to this diagram in the appendix of Starting Strength which proves that is impossible and that all athletes in all sports would benefit from having more muscle

thin runners are an optical illusion caused by asphalt/track heat haze

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
I squatted 315 for the first time last friday for 3. Previously I did 285 for 5 but I was squatting A2G.

Today I hit my 5 rep target. Feels good man. So far I've hit the 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 1 plate OHP I've had as goals for a while. 4 plate deadlift is the only one left but I still feel a ways off.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Doc Hawkins posted:

let me refer you to this diagram in the appendix of Starting Strength which proves that is impossible and that all athletes in all sports would benefit from having more muscle

thin runners are an optical illusion caused by asphalt/track heat haze

I dunno man those womyn runners in these recent Olympics had some sexy hamstrings.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Party Alarm posted:

I squatted 315 for the first time last friday for 3. Previously I did 285 for 5 but I was squatting A2G.

Today I hit my 5 rep target. Feels good man. So far I've hit the 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 1 plate OHP I've had as goals for a while. 4 plate deadlift is the only one left but I still feel a ways off.

As a tiny, tiny man who can do >3 plates on deadlift, you can do it!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Party Alarm posted:

Congratulations

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I, too, miss fun

BF1 or nah?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I've got a terminal case of Hank Hill rear end. Solutions boys?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a dog from hell posted:

I've got a terminal case of Hank Hill rear end. Solutions boys?

squat mate

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I don't really like squats but I've been doing them at a low weight and high volume. I get a hella pump but I'm not sure it's optimal, it mostly goes to my quads.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
activate the glutes mate

become one with the glutes

you have to feel it in your rear end

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

a dog from hell posted:

I don't really like squats but I've been doing them at a low weight and high volume. I get a hella pump but I'm not sure it's optimal, it mostly goes to my quads.

Romanian deadlifts might help, no quads used.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

a dog from hell posted:

Put the weight up a bit.

Then imagine a large needle sitting needle-up on the ground filled with roids. Manually inject the roids using your rear end.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Put the weight up a bit.

Then imagine a large needle sitting needle-up on the ground filled with roids. Manually inject the roids using your rear end.

I need my hips and knees to work well so that I have income. In my experience squatting is how most people injure themselves.

Roids seem like they would be fun. Unfortunately I don't know a trustworthy source and I like my junk to work properly.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Holy gently caress boys it's grim

I weighed in at a GAUNT 185

I struggled to bench 205x5x5

That dueds fuckin, close to shootin

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
lmao wtf happened i used to look up to you

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Fallows posted:

lmao wtf happened i used to look up to you

~*tRaVeLinG*~

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Don't worry I plan to be 220 by New Years again

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
man i found a really loving tender spot on my quad(it band?) imagine if you were directly sideways with your it band right on a foam roller ,and you rotated just a few degrees to where its on the very outside of your quad. it hurt so bad I was afraid to keep rolling. but thats just more reason I need to roll it, right? maybe this is why my knees bitch at me all the time. it's a weird angle so I dont really get it good in my regular routine. also should i get a log of salami and use that instead of the foam roller, then eat it afterward?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
1: if it hurts as you roll, keep rolling.

2: yes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Defiant Sally posted:

I weighed in at a GAUNT 185

*frowns, turns head back from computer* Honey? Canadians use kilograms, right?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
defiant sally, where did it all go wrong

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Zzulu posted:

defiant sally, where did it all go wrong

I was in Southeast Asia for 14 weeks. It was pretty cool but Asians are loving awful at food, especially Indonesians, which is the worst food I've had anywhere in the world. Even their western food sucked rear end. The only redeeming feature of Indonesian food was that a Big Mac meal in Surabaya was $2 so I was hammering burgs as often as I could. Laos was okay, Thailand was good until you've hit your 20th plate of pad thai or massaman curry and never want to touch it ever again.

So yeah basically I starved to death for 14 weeks.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I could ever get sick of masaman curry.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do you manage to lose weight eatin asian foods

Just eat all the rice and all the sauces, forever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In other news, today I declared that the Swedish summer is officially over and we're probably not getting any more relatively warm days so now is the perfect time to start BULKING, which I have waited The Entire Summer to start doing

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
hell yeah, it's lovely weather from now until may next year!

• Locked thread