Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Come As You SARS
Jul 27, 2015
Is this a video game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
At certain times of the week, if you paid silly amounts of money.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Watched some videos of it, looks like it might be cool some day.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Texibus posted:

Watched some videos of it, looks like it might be cool some day.

Spoiler: it won't be

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
well i came across someone's sig in the cf forums that was like

" Crowfall is gonna be the next WoW, because its not gonna be the next WoW "

makes you think

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Lastgirl posted:

makes you think

3deep5me

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I saw from the latest emails they're referring to guilds by crests now. Is that a design them in game thing or are they just running with whatever silly little crests they whip up?

Because the goon guild will naturally need the most ridiculous thing possible. Perhaps a sloth rampant on a field of vert.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I love the terminology of heraldic poo poo because that's the only place in history sloths have ever been referred to as rampant, I'm pretty sure. Maybe I'm discounting those giant sloths they found out about a few years ago though.

E: Let's see if I remember this poo poo right. A sloth rampant on vert, with flaunches of amber, acorned in mercury.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Aug 13, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I'm assuming you design your crest. In Shadowbane you got to pick an emblem, a background pattern and then 3 colors from a big list. It's probably similar.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
probably dont want people to havve too much reign on crest design lest we get hentai themed banners

it happened on war thunder~ but on the planes

Orv
May 4, 2011
If the Shadowbane people were allowed to make horrifying crests they'd be of a racist nature rather than sexual.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

they'd be both

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm not going to google "swasitka goatse" but I'm confident it would return results.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Lastgirl posted:

probably dont want people to havve too much reign on crest design lest we get hentai themed banners

If it's an MMO that won't let me cannibalize nerds under the banner of Tracer's rear end, then it no MMO for me.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

Well, there's already an octopus crest, sooooo... Too late for that.

It's probably more a Hydra reference, tho. :godwin:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anoia posted:

Well, there's already an octopus crest, sooooo... Too late for that.

It's probably more a Hydra reference, tho. :godwin:

We could always base it on one of the other goon standbys like the grenade, the goonswarm bee or one of the symbols from smaller goon guilds.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Orv posted:

I'm not going to google "swasitka goatse" but I'm confident it would return results.

The game Naval Action let you upload a clan flag for your ships. The goon flag was this:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pavlov posted:

The game Naval Action let you upload a clan flag for your ships. The goon flag was this:

:eyepop:
That's a work of art.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Crowfall is letting people redeem stuff in their pre-order packages for store credit on an item-by-item basis. If you had VIP tickets, they are worth $15 of credit each. If you had a package that let you reserve a guild name, that can get you $80 of credit.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Crowfall is letting people redeem stuff in their pre-order packages for store credit on an item-by-item basis. If you had VIP tickets, they are worth $15 of credit each. If you had a package that let you reserve a guild name, that can get you $80 of credit.

I could buy a car at this point if they sold it on their store. Still got 2 years left of vip and the collectors edition.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Pavlov posted:

The thumbs are on the wrong side.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

eSporks posted:

The thumbs are on the wrong side.

Uh what

Like on top or inside or

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They are on the right side, i don't think he got what it is supposed to represent.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

makes you think

woa

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Uh what

Like on top or inside or
For some reason I thought goatman was laying down with legs in the air. After doing some extensive research, the thumb orientation is correct.

Why aren't we talking about the duelist? He looks so rad and I cant wait to name my guy Stuart little. If burrow mode is what I think it it is, it's a cool excuse for MMO "invisible in plain sight" style stealth. I want to see a pic of him next to another class, I hope he is comically short.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

eSporks posted:

For some reason I thought goatman was laying down with legs in the air. After doing some extensive research, the thumb orientation is correct.

Why aren't we talking about the duelist? He looks so rad and I cant wait to name my guy Stuart little. If burrow mode is what I think it it is, it's a cool excuse for MMO "invisible in plain sight" style stealth. I want to see a pic of him next to another class, I hope he is comically short.

Dev just said he is waist high on the knight and will be hard to target.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Is this gonna be like WildStar where the most insufferable community personalities also love the rodent race? There's just something so endearing about meltdowns accompanied by their adorable avatars. :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
They have a smaller hitbox, so since they have a statistical advantage the hardcore 1vX sperglords will all use them, yeah.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

small races should have dramatically smaller hit point pools imo

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

small races should have dramatically smaller hit point pools imo

And the ability for all larger creatures to punt them like we've always dreamed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Roll up guinea pigs, choose names referencing laboratory testing, complain about the animal rights violations we've suffered in the name of science.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Unguided posted:

Roll up guinea pigs, choose names referencing laboratory testing, complain about the animal rights violations we've suffered in the name of science.

Dibs on Avon.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Are any of you with a bunch of credits gonna buy a castle to serve as goonhouse?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i just started a patreon and if i get enough funding i will build the goonhaus

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I have a company garrison and a "three cell stronghold - medium fortification", if that's enough we have a goonhouse. I mean, i do have over 800 bucks of store credit, without cashing in the collectors edition and 2 years of vip, so if it isn't i guess i can kick in for a bigger one.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I will get the castle with my credits and if people wanna kick VIP tokens my way that is fine but I'm not gonna make a loving website about it.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

malhavok posted:

i mean, i do have over 800 bucks of store credit, without cashing in the collectors edition and 2 years of vip

is there a :staredog: large enough

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Capntastic posted:

I will get the castle with my credits and if people wanna kick VIP tokens my way that is fine but I'm not gonna make a loving website about it.

idk, providing for goons is a noble effort and maybe some people think its worth a few buckerinos

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Capntastic posted:

Oh yeah, gently caress no. I wasn't volunteering for responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

is there a :staredog: large enough

I got that many credits from cashing in my VIP doodads