Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer

zeldadude posted:

Well the more of a certain endorsement you do the more they'll pay you. I just finished up the Jordan one last week and got something like 5000 vc for 3 appearances. Plus all of the Jordan sneakers are free for me now, even custom ones I create!

I'm pretty sure you can do different endorsements on different characters as well, so you could effectively unlock all the shoes for free for mypark by going onto a second character and finishing the adidas one etc etc.

Holy poo poo i wish i knew this! I have never gone for the endorsements always just trying to max out my connections. Thanks for the info, might have to start yet another MyCareer even though the first year is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
:allears:

http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/832/nba-live-mobile-/

oh EA...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

It's basically madden mobile but instead of playing short drives or single plays you have to play whole (cut down) games so everything takes forever and it lets you really feel how bad the controls are. Also there's no content.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I want to know how much EA has spent on NBA Live and how much it's made in the last 5 or 6 years.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wasn't planning on buying 2k17 then I read about MyGM/MyLeague league expansion. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mygm-myleague-league-expansion/10153690401877267 Looks like I'll be buying this game again. Going to be nice to be able to add the Sonics without deleting other teams.
All this game needs now is more classic teams and a mode where you play classic moments like in 2k12 and 11.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 21, 2016

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I was planning on buying this anyways, but it's now 100% certain. Expansion is awesome.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Guys, just play myleague with a custom dream team roster and earn your coins that way:

i'm playing on default sliders hof difficulty

my current team is:

Starting 5: Steph Curry, '96 Jordan, Lebron James, peak Kevin Garnett, and Kareem Abdul Jabar

Bench: MVP Steve Nash, '98 Kobe, Kevin Durant, Dirk Nowitzki, and Shaq

random subs: '00 Vince Carter, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Tracy McGrady

repping those dope af old school raptors jerseys while earnin mad coins

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spacebump posted:

I wasn't planning on buying 2k17 then I read about MyGM/MyLeague league expansion. https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k17-mygm-myleague-league-expansion/10153690401877267 Looks like I'll be buying this game again. Going to be nice to be able to add the Sonics without deleting other teams.
All this game needs now is more classic teams and a mode where you play classic moments like in 2k12 and 11.

yea I was kinda on the fence for 'do I want this at launch or maybe wait a little' but yea gently caress it I'll buy it at launch for something neat like that.

Totally agree bringing back classic moments would make it pretty much perfect

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Someone should get around to making a 2K17 thread

Some photos that we put out today

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
That old Dream Team is super not good, sorry

Edit: I see this was already covered in the main NBA thread

morestuff fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 31, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Gweetings, fwiends!-

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Since the Dream Team there is at least complete: Is 2K17 gonna have actual role players / bench warmers for the classic team rosters or are they gonna stick the same 4-5 generic scrub guards at the end of every bench again? I like taking the classic teams online but only having like an 8-man rotation for most of them is pretty limiting if you play any of today's teams.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

hopterque posted:

Gweetings, fwiends!-

lmao, i'm gonna be buying this game anyway because i'm weak willed but if I was on the fence those screenshots would definitely not encourage me

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don't make video games, so I can't say for sure, but these games make me think it is very very hard to make mouths look good. This series also seems to make it impossible to have suits look like they're not inflated. See the man on the left.

These games animate basketball really well, but they definitely look pretty shaky elsewhere.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The face in general is really hard to make in any medium of art

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
There is a reason why the visual quality of the game skyrocketed when we started to do face scans rather than sculpts.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

Someone should get around to making a 2K17 thread

I'll make one, but a little closer to release. These tend to be "NBA 2K" Megathreads that just get recreated once a year anyway, so post as much 2k17 media as you want.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metapod posted:

The face in general is really hard to make in any medium of art

I'd just like better control over my nose. The profile/full on sculpting is somewhat helpful but I'd like it if I could have a nose that wasn't the size of the Chrysler Building.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao

https://twitter.com/williamchyr/status/759977188208828417

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

holy poo poo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Did they change the part where you can spam pause the game at any time for two minutes? That seriously might be the biggest deciding factor if I get the game this year or not.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yeah, the guys online who pause the game for half a second after every made basket or whistle or free throw are annoying as poo poo.

I do miss the part where you could force your opponent to watch replays of your rad dunks though, I admit I frequently zoomed in and out of the dunked-on guy's stupid face for 10 seconds to be a jerk.

I think the last time that was in there was in 2K14.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 1, 2016

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

2k17 screenshot compares

To set some expectations, right is a Promo image from 2K, left is a quick screen capture on PS4 by a reporter, so not exactly apples to apples.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lol Jimmy Butler's face in 2k17

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

If you've been on OS you've heard this a billion times already, but these players look too beefy. It could just be the jersey but I'd like to have seen the players bodies a little more accurate after years of WWE models

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
On the other side, I just saw some Gamescon footage and KD has arms that look like literal sticks, so it seems another year of not being able to decide between beefed up or scrawny baby boys as the base.

Game itself looks good, though, and obviously once things are moving and all it's less odd.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kds arms are sticks he's stretched out to the extreme

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, the guys online who pause the game for half a second after every made basket or whistle or free throw are annoying as poo poo.

I do miss the part where you could force your opponent to watch replays of your rad dunks though, I admit I frequently zoomed in and out of the dunked-on guy's stupid face for 10 seconds to be a jerk.

I think the last time that was in there was in 2K14.

It was also pretty dece psychological warfare to force them to sit your whole timeout if they're being impatient

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Hey guys, new trailer came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAZduTwQbo

Also a trailer from earlier in the week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAZduTwQbo

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Did you change the in game pausing mechanism?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Posted new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
You had me until Coach K

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im p excited about Coach Mike McClintock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I hope Jackson Ellis is back

• Locked thread