Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I still don't get why they tried to turn Hitman into a story game when the best plot they could come up with was "some guy tries to frame the hitman for murder"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training Im gonna stream episode 2 of quake in a bit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My new wifi isnt really great for streeaming so im watching a quake speedrun instead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also blows my mind that id went from Doom to Quake in like 2 years. WHat an insane leap in tech and level design

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

My new wifi isnt really great for streeaming so im watching a quake speedrun instead

i used to speed run quake sometimes when i was a teenager but i know for a fact id have no idea what im doing now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/lifelower/status/763928032096563201

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://soundcloud.com/cringe-audio/alfred-chicken-nintendo-phone

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

hahaha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Finished Episode 2 this morning. THat last level was badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So far it's been episode 1 < 2 < 3 for me. Let's see if Epjsode 4 can keep up the trend.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

I think the only thing this guy likes or knows can be good in a game is novelty. Well, he admits that, so i guess i don't just "think" it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i found another cool game on *big megaphone yell* MY STREAM. its not wolf fang cool but its weird and also another data east thing its called boogie wings. its a horizontal shmup thats going for like like a ragtime/vaudeville theme but weird. the main gimmick is your plane has a physicsy skyhook that comes with a bomb you can either bludgeon enemies with or throw and once you throw that you can use the hook to grab and throw enemies and stage elements. if you mash the fire button you start emitting a huge lightning attack and when your plane gets shot down you go on foot and you can pick up and throw poo poo around and hop into other, weirder vehicles. its neat and i like it but i dunno if the gameplay is really all that strong, the lightning attack is super good and the only drawback is needing to mash pretty fast. the stages kinda drag on. the other vehicles are all way more interesting than the plane but the only way to use them is to get your plane shot down you can't just jump out. its still worth a look in this retro gamer's opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2o-qpHRSKc

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 16, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive got two levels left in Quake 1 and I don't want it to end. Is quake 2's campaign any good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Ive got two levels left in Quake 1 and I don't want it to end. Is quake 2's campaign any good

no

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

quake 2 pioneered running around linear brown corridors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

"The gameplay is very similar to that featured in Quake, in terms of movement and controls, although the player's movement speed has been slowed down, ... the player is given mission-based objectives that correspond to the storyline, ... CGI cutscenes are used to illustrate progress through the main objectives, ... There is also a hub system that allows the player to travel back and forth between levels, which is necessary to complete certain objectives"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna puke.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol, its incredible how badly id hosed up after romero left

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

In Training posted:

"The gameplay is very similar to that featured in Quake, in terms of movement and controls, although the player's movement speed has been slowed down, ... the player is given mission-based objectives that correspond to the storyline, ... CGI cutscenes are used to illustrate progress through the main objectives, ... There is also a hub system that allows the player to travel back and forth between levels, which is necessary to complete certain objectives"

this description is pretty much wrong. the cgi cutscenes are literally an animation saying YOU HAVE COMPLETED LEVEL 1 NOW ENTERING LEVEL 2. the mission-based objectives are either find the key or hit the end level button. hubs just means the levels have load times inside of them.

quake 2 is not good that description is a poor description of why its not good is all

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

absolutely anything posted:

i found another cool game on *big megaphone yell* MY STREAM. its not wolf fang cool but its weird and also another data east thing its called boogie wings. its a horizontal shmup thats going for like like a ragtime/vaudeville theme but weird. the main gimmick is your plane has a physicsy skyhook that comes with a bomb you can either bludgeon enemies with or throw and once you throw that you can use the hook to grab and throw enemies and stage elements. if you mash the fire button you start emitting a huge lightning attack and when your plane gets shot down you go on foot and you can pick up and throw poo poo around and hop into other, weirder vehicles. its neat and i like it but i dunno if the gameplay is really all that strong, the lightning attack is super good and the only drawback is needing to mash pretty fast. the stages kinda drag on. the other vehicles are all way more interesting than the plane but the only way to use them is to get your plane shot down you can't just jump out. its still worth a look in this retro gamer's opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2o-qpHRSKc

Boogie Wings (aka THE GREAT RAGTIME SHOW) really is fun. I wish I could watch someone play it in real life because the game has lots of little details that you miss if you're playing yourself and YouTube videos aren't hi-res enough.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is final fantasy tactics 1.3 worth playing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

is final fantasy tactics 1.3 worth playing?
Not especially. A hard mode hack is a cool idea, but 1.3 is mostly just a tedious mode hack.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
trying to 1CC Sunset Riders for the SNES cuz I spent like 80 bucks on it but it's so hard... so hard.

also trying to beat mushihimesama arrange on the ps2. even with autobomb the tlb is loving insanely difficult

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

trying to 1CC Sunset Riders for the SNES cuz I spent like 80 bucks on it but it's so hard... so hard.

seriously, gently caress this piece of poo poo:

he's ended my run like fifteen times now and i'm gettin really mad!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lol. loving Chief Wigwam

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Chief Wigwam: mycophobia, you're under arrest for attempted 1cc.
mycophobia: D'OH!
Chief Wigwam: Yeah, that's what they all say. They all say "d'oh".

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
hell i was happy enough just to get to the end of it in 2player mode

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

Chief Wigwam: mycophobia, you're under arrest for attempted 1cc.
mycophobia: D'OH!
Chief Wigwam: Yeah, that's what they all say. They all say "d'oh".

Lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
play Bayou Billy next

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

play Bayou Billy next

Isn't that game bad? I've heard bad things

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
its a high octane multi-genre thrillride for Real Gamers only

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

I played thru q2 awhile ago and thought it was ok but what you should do is go to google and type quake injector

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Ive got two levels left in Quake 1 and I don't want it to end.
your boy at machinegames has you covered

https://twitter.com/machinegames/status/746363189768650752

see also: arcane dimensions and all the other frankly ridiculous amounts of mapsets out there. quake injector is cool and good if you can tolerate java on your pc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana was honestly worse than I was expecting. One of the ugliest games Ive ever seen, I couldn't finish the first level

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Haha. Looks like John Romero made you his bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Daikatana was honestly worse than I was expecting. One of the ugliest games Ive ever seen, I couldn't finish the first level

some of the levels require you to pixel walk to jump up up higher areas and proceed by design