Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

Meanwhile at Nintendo

doxxed. doxxed. you're all doxxed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
that donkey kong looks like he doesn't want to be there

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Real hurthling! posted:

Im the chalkboard

What chalkboard :confused:

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Kevyn posted:

They should have made one for Wii U called F U

Yes. They should have.

EX-GAIJIN AT LAST posted:

Should've made a terrible version for the Wii U and named it F-U.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

What chalkboard :confused:

The black rectangle in the back too big and wide to be a tv

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Real hurthling! posted:

Thats the NX

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Real hurthling! posted:

that's a loving CABINER

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Futaba Anzu posted:

that's a loving CABINER

Wuzzat?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Supercar Gautier posted:

There will never ever be a Melee HD, and the name of the new edition of SSB4 will very obviously be "Super Smash Bros for [System Name]".

Super Smash Bronx

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Acne Rain posted:

Super Smash Bronx

40 years too late

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Please Ms. Rogers lay us some NX news for the last week of August.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Its like a break room kitchen cabinet
you can see the individual doors

also almost everything on that list is hilarious including the generic "focus" trademark name that is nowhere near eccentric or descriptive enough for nintendo and that theyre going to buy from ford apparently

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
also nintendo is totally going to launch with a smash brothers with like no info having gotten out or anything

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That is because everyone is looking for information for a new smash bros when they should be looking for their new IP, the smash sisters

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Elfgames posted:

also nintendo is totally going to launch with a smash brothers with like no info having gotten out or anything

if its just a port of the existing game(s) theres no interesting info to leak or whatever

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, a Smash NX that comes out anywhere near launch would most certainly just be a new edition of the latest game.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would be okay with that tbh, add the DLC characters, combine the 3ds and wii u stages/modes, throw in the original classic mode and the ice climbers, you've got yourself a deal

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-08-26-we-have-to-do-better-when-we-launch-nx#comments

Nintendo knows the Wii U launch was hosed, vows to do better with the NX.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
So it's almost the end of August and no mention of a Nintendo NX Direct event to announce it - is September announcement not likely to happen anymore?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Boten Anna posted:

WHERE IS WHITE LINK'S LOWER BODY OH GOD WHAT HAPPENED

Breath of the Wild spoilers: Link and Wario become one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

InFlames235 posted:

So it's almost the end of August and no mention of a Nintendo NX Direct event to announce it - is September announcement not likely to happen anymore?

The rumors are post tgs annoucement so its gonna be 2-3 weeks still.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

InFlames235 posted:

They have to announce it in September, or else they're shooting themselves in the foot. There won't be enough time to disseminate information towards the general public about it otherwise. Who's going to buy a console they know nothing about?

God I really want this thing to succeed. I hope there won't be too many Quality Nintendo Business Decisions at launch, but who knows.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

The rumors are post tgs annoucement so its gonna be 2-3 weeks still.

I think it will be before TGS. The NX is getting it's own Direct. I can feel it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nintendo Directs are now called NX.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

InFlames235 posted:

We'll probably find out of the NX Direct about 22 hours before it happens.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I still think there's a chance they wait until after black Friday, got to sell those 3DS's before announcing it's successor.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

InFlames235 posted:

the september announcement IIRC was just literally one guy that said it would happen in september

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

smell this posted:

Nintendo Directs are now called NX.

There will be a Nintendo NX to announce their new console, the Nintendo Direct.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

InFlames235 posted:

This is Nintendo we're talking about. Some Wednesday in September there'll be a Tweet from NOA saying "Tune in tomorrow for a Direct unveiling Nintendo's new platform codename NX! 5PM EDT." And that will be all the forewarning we get.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

We need a new Nintendogs for the Nintendonx, call it Nintendongs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
We have that, it's called Miiverse.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The new system is called the Nintendo Direct because it beams games directly to your brain.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
New system is Nintendo Direct NX Focus

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Nx can be pronounced "necks" so I imagine the game controller is placed on your neck as a collar, perhaps it is a shock collar and it shocks you when you get hit in the game for inmersion

Or if you try to stop playing

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Acne Rain posted:

Nx can be pronounced "necks" so I imagine the game controller is placed on your neck as a collar, perhaps it is a shock collar and it shocks you when you get hit in the game for inmersion

Or if you try to stop playing

The collar has a mega stone, and when your bond with Nintendo is strong enough you can Mega Evolve. Of course style us already love Nintendo so much we don't need a mega stone. I have become Reggie-greatn many times

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/769227436001103872

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/769228036143099904

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

That's a protected account, there's nothing to see from those links.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ah, well it's Emily Rogers, relying to a rumor about the detachable controllers having motion control. She says
A) It's true
B) The screen prototypes were 6.2 inches and 720p with multi touch
C) The prototype base units had two USB ports

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/A5JgD_LjZdo

Gamesplain is on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Just lol if Nintendo is dumb enough to release Melee HD.

"Let's just... split the player base. Again," said Sakurai, but he didn't have time to follow it up with "PSYCHE!" before it went to press.

On the bright side, all the Melee people who clog up fighting game tourneys would be able to play without hauling in a CRT. It's just like... Sm4sh is probably the most fun I've ever had playing Smash Bros, and that's coming from somebody who easily clocked a few hundred hours on melee with my friends during college. Why's everybody so eager to take steps backwards?

• Locked thread