Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Did they add a shortcut in the first stage for eliminating the fire? I feel like that wasn't there before.

Also like how the voice acting is shaping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

Did they add a shortcut in the first stage for eliminating the fire? I feel like that wasn't there before.

Also like how the voice acting is shaping up.

I didn't think that was there before either, but I easily could have missed it. I guess it must be new.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
It's new but also completely useless as the ladder you kick down gets you further into the level faster.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

It's new but also completely useless as the ladder you kick down gets you further into the level faster.

It all depends where you dropped your souls. Going bloodstain-hunting adds quite a bit to the usually routes.

Edit: also you can roll through that fire with fire resistance. Also I don't think the ladder is shorter? To get to that ladder, you have to get up on the roof by the first well. Then the ladder takes you to the roof of the building that's adjacent to the fire shortcut. The next thing you do from there is drop down...

Snak fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 25, 2016

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
You can drop down from the ladder almost directly into the gauntlet before the beach. Running through the fire is a lot more running and aggroing things before that.

But dropping the water does allow you to fight a new dev ghost.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Also I love that some dev ghosts spawn on their on in Twlight. That's probably my favorite thing about it.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
Good Christ the magic system is confusing. Took me foreeeeeever to figure out what the hell "jutsu cost total" means. Seems simple now that I know but knowing is not half the battle with this game it seems. It is the battle.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Finished all the game has to offer and I'm liking the new stuff a lot. I really like the oni infested twilight stages for getting some good gear but the bosses getting adds sucks big time. I'll probably do a new game and mess around with axes, handcannons and heavy armor.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The twilight stages change every night so check back if some of them are grayed out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

btw here's the survey http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_us everyone tell them to make twilight missions not on a daily timer

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 25, 2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

lets hang out posted:

btw here's the survey http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/nioh_b_us everyone tell them to make twilight missions not on a daily timer
i dont see a problem with a daily timer, prevents burn out and gets people coming back

how do you change arrow ammo types

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
They just automatically map to square (normal arrows) and triangle (spirit arrows). You just fire with the appropriate button while aiming, no switching required. The same is true for your other ranged weapons.

Finished most of the content and I'm loving this game. I am a huge fan of the blacksmithing, since I can dress how I want and still have good equipment stats. Re-forging seems like a crapshoot, though I did get healing on hit with my favorite katana, which trivializes quite a lot of fights.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

You can drop down from the ladder almost directly into the gauntlet before the beach. Running through the fire is a lot more running and aggroing things before that.

But dropping the water does allow you to fight a new dev ghost.

I don't understand. The fire shortcut takes you straight to the ladder where you dumped the water which takes you right to the bridge above the entrance to the beach. Which shortcut are you saying is faster?

Edit: today I recorded a video of opening every shortcut without fighting anything, so either I'm missing an entire shortcut somewhere, or we are talking about different things. I'll post the video tomorrow.

^of course blacksmithing is a crapshoot, its literally rerolling. The best part is you only have to reroll the effects you choose, so you can keep any that you want. That's really neat.

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 26, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's a backstab skill in the ninja tree :eyepop:

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

lets hang out posted:

there's a backstab skill in the ninja tree :eyepop:

There's a lot of weird stuff in the ninja tree, and a lot of it wasn't there in the alpha.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im bad at this game how do i get good at this game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Okay that cave stage is somehow amazing. gently caress bats forever, though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

summoning seems dead tonight. where are the pros looking to show off for me?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

summoning seems dead tonight. where are the pros looking to show off for me?

hi hello

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there's no password system yet huh?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there is. hit triangle from the map and set a secret word, then go to the torii gate in the starting point and "yokai realm with a companion", enable the secret word and then one person waits for companion and the other person searches for companion. it's really easy.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 26, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in game or main menu only? can't find it in options in the level

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

yeah for password you do it from the map

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
I helped people all night. Got a rad clip from it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_3YLYjeLcQ

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

here's my dumb video of the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiBg7mxXbQc

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
i feel like every single half-baked complaint about dark souls was essentially their GDD for this game

this might be the first game in my life i take a pass on because it's too difficult. i guess this is what getting old means

alternatively, dual swords are loving hot trash poo poo garbage and i'm just being overly punished for taking a massive handicap, but :shrug:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Emalde posted:

alternatively, dual swords are loving hot trash poo poo garbage and i'm just being overly punished for taking a massive handicap, but :shrug:

Dual swords, and by extension Water Sword, is broken as all hot gently caress.

All enemies go down to the meat thresher! Hi, are you one of those low level Yokai that wants to jump on and poison me? You just fell down? Time to get eviscerated.

High level Yokai? No problem, get in the thresher! Got a human up against a wall? They better hope they told their loved ones goodbye, because they're not coming home.

I may like this game too much.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

All enemies go down to the meat thresher! Hi, are you one of those low level Yokai that wants to jump on and poison me? You just fell down? Time to get eviscerated.

High level Yokai? No problem, get in the thresher! Got a human up against a wall? They better hope they told their loved ones goodbye, because they're not coming home.

Yeah, it's really good.

Dual Katanas are pretty neat.

Single Katana is my favorite though.

What I really like about this game is the options. So many viable playstyles. It's more like Bloodborne than Darksouls in pace and variety. You've got 4 different weapons, each with their own pacing, and within that, 3 stances that are different speeds. Obviously the endgame is mix and matching stances, but as a new player, it's really easy to settle into a single weapon and stance parring, which by itself has the complexity of a Dark Souls weapon.

The combos are tricky for me. But it's a forgiving game. With Dual Katanas, I use low stance a lot, and I like to use the God of Wind combo. But I have a <50% success rate at actually executing the double slash. But when I mess up the timing? I still do a whole combo. It's just a crappier one. Most of the combos feel like this, where failing to execute a special move doesn't leave you high and dry, doesn't make you wiff horribly, you just do a shittier move. So the game has really good flow. In a lot of games, when you gently caress up a combo, it really messes with you rhythm, and while it can still get you killed here, I feel like it's more fluid.

This game is really good.

Like pre-order good.

Not from amazon though. Maybe gamestop.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Phantasium posted:

water sword is by far the least successful technique i've attempted in the DS tree, 100% of the time i've just been slapped in the face for all attempts at it, even against yin-yang'd youkai with zero ki

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Emalde posted:

water sword is by far the least successful technique i've attempted in the DS tree, 100% of the time i've just been slapped in the face for all attempts at it, even against yin-yang'd youkai with zero ki

The fact that it starts from a block is key, because it lets you get up close, in range, and then as soon as someone hits you with an attack that leaves them open, unleash (watery) hell on them. I don't use it a lot, though, because I don't really like high stance with Dual Katanas.

I mostly like regular katana with high stance. That poo poo is so dope. I know people miss the ki pulse combo finisher, but I really like the ki pulse dodge because I feel a lot more mobile. The combo finisher can easily get you killed if you time it poorly, and being able to ki pulse by rolling makes it easier for me to find an opening.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=prjQtXkSW2Q

I kid you not I must've died like 100 times to this boss

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
water sword is great, you're just a big blender that fucks up anything backed into a corner

does anyone know what the dodge skill for dual katana low stance does? I've tried it out and can never get it to activate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The spear spin is funny as hell when you get the hold button keep swinging skill

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bruce Lee would be proud

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snak posted:

Yeah, it's really good.

This game is really good.

:yeah:

Snak posted:

Like pre-order good.

Not from amazon though. Maybe gamestop.

:psyduck:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think he just means he doesn't want to wait for shipping?

I don't think I do either but I got options outside of GameStop.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

I've preordered exactly 2 games in my life. Both from amazon. Neither of them got here on release day like they said they would when I ordered them. I can walk into gamestop on the day the game comes out and get it.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Amazon has quickly become absolute garbage at shipping things before, on, or even near release date. Best to just digital download things at this point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prime gets me the game at 7pm launch day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Amazon gives you like 20% off though.

Gamestop won't give you anything off and its loving gamestop. If you're going to buy it from gamestop don't pre-order at all, just walk in on release day and buy it retail like normal.

I'm hooked on buying things digitally because having to swap discs sucks and getting things at midnight is great if you're impatient. But if I'd get physical I'd go Amazon absolutely.

Belzac posted:

Amazon has quickly become absolute garbage at shipping things before, on, or even near release date. Best to just digital download things at this point.

All you gotta do is call customer support and they'll send you free poo poo. I've gotten 2 copies of several games because they messed up poo poo like that, gave away or sold a copy to a friend.

Hell I got them to give me $100 because I bought a PS4 and two days later they posted a bundle with a bunch of free games. Their customer support will pretty much do whatever you want.