Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

tater_salad posted:

bwahahahh I was waiting for somethign to happen to the kid in the foreground. Then I watched it again.

Not enough happened to the little rear end in a top hat in the background,.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

FuturePastNow posted:

Here's a video that isn't fake, from mother Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-fBgzwikA

I'm not even sure what set it all off. Just a severe bump in the road? I went back to watch but it doesn't seem like he crashed into anyone. Wonder how far away they found bottles (not that they probably bothered to look).

Wisconsin.gif?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

I'm not even sure what set it all off. Just a severe bump in the road? I went back to watch but it doesn't seem like he crashed into anyone. Wonder how far away they found bottles (not that they probably bothered to look).

In Russia it's safe to assume the driver was drunk. He rear-ended the truck in front of him.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Dienes posted:

Not enough happened to the little rear end in a top hat in the background,.

What in the gently caress was that kid's plan even

"okay just gonna jam myself in between these two cows here, OUT OF THE WAY STUPID COWS LET ME JAM MYSELF BETWEEN YOU, oh poo poo im jammed between two cows MOM HELP"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Daily OSHA reminder not to crawl into poop holes, cross posting courtesy of Strange News thread:

bitterandtwisted posted:

quote:

Norway man rescued after climbing into public toilet
Firefighters in Norway have pulled a man from the inside of a toilet after he lowered himself in to retrieve a friend's phone and became stuck in the tank below.
Mr Berntsen Larsen said he had volunteered to enter the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season.
"I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG.
"It was drat disgusting - the worst I have experienced. There were animals down there too."
To make matters worse, Mr Berntsen Larsen quickly threw up after entering the tank, which was standing room only.
Mr Berntsen Larsen sustained injuries to his upper arms and said he believed he had been bitten several times. He was treated at hospital and given antibiotics.
He was not successful in retrieving the phone.Norway man rescued after climbing into public toilet

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

FuturePastNow posted:

Here's a video that isn't fake, from mother Russia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-fBgzwikA

I never noticed before, at ~1:30, and mostly off-camera, a blue-cab flatbed truck pulls across the three inner lanes of opposite direction traffic in the distance, trying to stop people from getting closer. :3:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sam Hall posted:

What in the gently caress was that kid's plan even

"okay just gonna jam myself in between these two cows here, OUT OF THE WAY STUPID COWS LET ME JAM MYSELF BETWEEN YOU, oh poo poo im jammed between two cows MOM HELP"

From the way he was smacking/elbowing that one cow, I thought maybe he was trying to get between them to take a shortcut and they were too close. But it looks like there's a barrier in front of them, so unless he was going to slide between the bars that doesn't make sense either.

Maybe he was just a jerk that wanted to smack a cow, and the cows decided to make a sandwich out of him.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Looks like he bends down so he might have been picking something up between the cows. Kid got a light cow crushin', which he deserved for being a little turd.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Detective Thompson posted:

Looks like he bends down so he might have been picking something up between the cows. Kid got a light cow crushin', which he deserved for being a little turd.

Yeah but he also does that weird little hip-gyrating dance which suggests he was doing it to be funny.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qVA81Q00jA

Here's the video because gently caress imgur upvotes why does everything have to be an animated jiff?!?!?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

zedprime posted:

Daily OSHA reminder not to crawl into poop holes, cross posting courtesy of Strange News thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhc7VoghpPw

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

zedprime posted:

the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season.

I can't even begin to imagine how horrific a port-o-potty that's only emptied once every 3-4 months must smell.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

The Mentalizer posted:

I can't even begin to imagine how horrific a port-o-potty that's only emptied once every 3-4 months must smell.

Well, if it's a latrine (which the picture kinda looks like) it smells... bad, but not as god awful terrible as you'd think. I think usually you chuck some friendly bacteria down there to partially decomp everything, which helps a lot.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

zedprime posted:

[/quote]

Jo Nesbo's Headhunters is apparently closer to reality than I thought

(the film is a pro-watch as well)

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Well, if it's a latrine (which the picture kinda looks like) it smells... bad, but not as god awful terrible as you'd think. I think usually you chuck some friendly bacteria down there to partially decomp everything, which helps a lot.

That makes sense. I mean, it couldn't have been as terrible as I imagined considering the dude climbed on in.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

The Mentalizer posted:

That makes sense. I mean, it couldn't have been as terrible as I imagined considering the dude climbed on in.

The article added that the guy claims animals were living in there and he got bites. I hope not because piss and poo poo in an open wound sucks hard.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

moonsour posted:

The article added that the guy claims animals were living in there and he got bites. I hope not because piss and poo poo in an open wound sucks hard.

Well, that'S why they pumped him full of antibiotics.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
At last, a picture of the brave toilet hero (courtesy of the schadenfreude thread):

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Obviously jumping into a toilet was still not the biggest mistake of his life.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Collateral Damage posted:

Obviously jumping into a toilet was still not the biggest mistake of his life.

i always say my tattoos are just visible evidence that yes, i make bad decisions.

This is a photo that makes me feel like eh... welp glad im not THAT GUY.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
natural selection thwarted again

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4H4ZxXCWuY&t=956s

"The operator must use both hands [operator continues to operate the machine with one hand after one two-handed demonstration] to activate the hot stamping process"

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

baquerd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4H4ZxXCWuY&t=956s

"The operator must use both hands [operator continues to operate the machine with one hand after one two-handed demonstration] to activate the hot stamping process"

She was clearly just using the back of her hand.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Every now and then I'm reminded of the JWC industrial grinder demo video with the music that sounds like it's from the results screen of a Super Nintendo sports game so now I'm going to share it here because it's great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1V7gXyVeo

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Atticus_1354 posted:

She was clearly just using the back of her hand.

OK, I see it now. My depth perception has never been great, failed me pretty hard there though.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
In a PLC you can do a really simple anti tie-down circuit to stop the operator from jamming a sensor or button in place.

What you do is take the input signals (left button, right button) in parallel and run them into a timer. Set the timer for say 15 seconds. If either of the buttons is held down too long, the timer times out.

Once the timer times out, you can set it up to trip the machine offline and lock out operation until it's been reset.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mak0rz posted:

Every now and then I'm reminded of the JWC industrial grinder demo video with the music that sounds like it's from the results screen of a Super Nintendo sports game so now I'm going to share it here because it's great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1V7gXyVeo

I like the squishy grinding sound effects even better than the cheery music. It's one of the best video of all time, that's for sure.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Grittner told his mother the last thing he remembered before waking up in an ambulance was opening up the refrigerator.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...6e5733080f.html

No one died, and the cause is unknown.

"The investigation had found no evidence of a leak or explosion in the underground gas distribution system, said Steve Schultz, a spokesman for Madison Gas & Electric. That would rule out an underground gas main rupture, but not necessarily a gas leak inside the destroyed house.

MGE did not receive calls for a gas leak prior to the explosion, and the company’s first responders were on the scene within 10 minutes to shut off gas to the residence, Schultz said."

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Original size image:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Lime Tonics posted:

Grittner told his mother the last thing he remembered before waking up in an ambulance was opening up the refrigerator

ZUUL!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mithaldu posted:

Original size image:

im almost at that point where i forget that low aerial photos like this were much less common before drones

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Yeah my first thought was "they fueled a heli just for two pictures?" then i remembered "oh right, drones".

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm confused a person was in that and lived.. that's a success.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It's always insane to me how utterly complete a gas explosion can be with relatively little cosmetic damage to the buildings around it.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

The Mentalizer posted:

It's always insane to me how utterly complete a gas explosion can be with relatively little cosmetic damage to the buildings around it.

And to the people inside it. I've seen at least 4 buildings completely disintegrated with survivors. It's nuts!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Evilreaver posted:

And to the people inside it. I've seen at least 4 buildings completely disintegrated with survivors. It's nuts!

it's not an actual detonation, just a confined deflagration. once the walls pop the pressure drops off pretty quick.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

The Mentalizer posted:

In the US, yes, because houses seem to be spaced relatively well apart. Terraced housing is apparently more common in the UK, in which case you're going to take out your neighbours' houses too. Even if the ones further away look more or less unscathed, the houses prop each other up, so removing one in the row puts the whole terrace at risk of structural failure.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lady Demelza posted:

In the US, yes, because houses seem to be spaced relatively well apart. Terraced housing is apparently more common in the UK, in which case you're going to take out your neighbours' houses too. Even if the ones further away look more or less unscathed, the houses prop each other up, so removing one in the row puts the whole terrace at risk of structural failure.

You forgot to mention it's also because in NA our houses are made of wattle and daub. Just sticks and sheetrock. Big bad wolf could blow them down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Three-Phase posted:

In a PLC you can do a really simple anti tie-down circuit to stop the operator from jamming a sensor or button in place.

What you do is take the input signals (left button, right button) in parallel and run them into a timer. Set the timer for say 15 seconds. If either of the buttons is held down too long, the timer times out.

Once the timer times out, you can set it up to trip the machine offline and lock out operation until it's been reset.

And a week after the machine is installed, someone is going to call and ask how to bypass that.