Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They've benefited a lot from the idea that racism is dead so it's very impolite to call out people when they are racist. The GOP has conditioned the media in general to think twice about using the word racist because they throw a fit every time and then the conversation comes down to "well you can't prove that I am racist since you can't read my true heart so then YOU are the bad guy for slandering me." The alt-right has just been doing its thing and attacking women and racial minorities with no one really wanting to speak out against them except for smaller outlets that are then attacked aggressively online. Hillary pulling back the fridge and now we are seeing all the roaches which really need to be addressed since the vast majority of the country is uncomfortable with their outspoken hate but doesn't really know they exist or are quietly gaining influence in the GOP.

It's pretty outrageous they have the gall to use the "Ugh Race card!!" defense when the alt-right makes their bigotry clear without any sort of dog whistle filter. I bet the GOP politicians are going to stick away from this one since they might have to actually answer if they decide to say any Breitbart headline actually isn't awful if you look at it in a very specific way but the people like Palin who exist just to say poo poo and collect a check don't have to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radish posted:

It's pretty outrageous they have the gall to use the "Ugh Race card!!" defense when the alt-right makes their bigotry clear without any sort of dog whistle filter. I bet the GOP politicians are going to stick away from this one since they might have to actually answer if they decide to say any Breitbart headline actually isn't awful if you look at it in a very specific way but the people like Palin who exist just to say poo poo and collect a check doesn't have to care.

this is also really only an argument among white people - people of color don't see the whole "nuh uh im not racist" angle as sympathetically as your average totally-not-racist clueless white person

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Radish posted:

They've benefited a lot from the idea that racism is dead so it's very impolite to call out people when they are racist. The GOP has conditioned the media in general to think twice about using the word racist because they throw a fit every time and then the conversation comes down to "well you can't prove that I am racist since you can't read my true heart so then YOU are the bad guy for slandering me." The alt-right has just been doing its thing and attacking women and racial minorities with no one really wanting to speak out against them except for smaller outlets that are then attacked aggressively online. Hillary pulling back the fridge and now we are seeing all the roaches which really need to be addressed since the vast majority of the country is uncomfortable with their outspoken hate but doesn't really know they exist or are quietly gaining influence in the GOP.

It's pretty outrageous they have the gall to use the "Ugh Race card!!" defense when the alt-right makes their bigotry clear without any sort of dog whistle filter. I bet the GOP politicians are going to stick away from this one since they might have to actually answer if they decide to say any Breitbart headline actually isn't awful if you look at it in a very specific way but the people like Palin who exist just to say poo poo and collect a check don't have to care.

This also falls into what I've been calling "The Magic Words". Much like how a bunch of people love to hand wring about "why won't President Obama call it radical Islamic terrorism!?", the same poo poo applies to them.

They didn't call that person the n word, they called them a thug; therefore, you're actually the racist one for pointing it out because they didn't say the secret magic racist pass phrase.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Popular Thug Drink posted:

this is also really only an argument among white people - people of color don't see the whole "nuh uh im not racist" angle as sympathetically as your average totally-not-racist clueless white person

Oh yeah it's totally for white people like pretty much all of Trump recent attempts to appear not racist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Just saw this on Facebook and it's scarily accruate.

Literally every single one of these people who identify with anything on the right/alt-right echo this bullshit.

I'm just gonna quote all of this so I can find it easier in the future. Now if only I had enough posts in here to find mine on that 'Top Poster' chart :v:

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Someone apparently yelled "Pepe!" during the actual hillary alt-right speech :allears:

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 26, 2016

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Phone posted:

This also falls into what I've been calling "The Magic Words". Much like how a bunch of people love to hand wring about "why won't President Obama call it radical Islamic terrorism!?", the same poo poo applies to them.

They didn't call that person the n word, they called them a thug; therefore, you're actually the racist one for pointing it out because they didn't say the secret magic racist pass phrase.

While that applies to normal republicans it doesn't apply to the alt right since they very much do actively use offensive racial slurs.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Greg Gutfeld's been talking poo poo about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is funny, considering Gutfeld's general image. He's referred to them as "the worst band on the planet" and the "worst band in the universe" when called on it. What's even funnier is Gutfeld's reasoning:

Greg Gutfeld posted:

“I want to explain that we live in a binary universe. You’re either a Faith No More fan, or a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. You cannot love Mike Patton and Anthony Kiedis, because they are two different people. You have to love Mike Patton, you cannot love Anthony Kiedis. So that is why the Red Hot Chili Peppers are the worst band in the universe, because Faith No More is the greatest band in the universe.”

I really hope that Mike Patton doesn't have mutual feelings for Gutfeld or Fox News, because I don't imagine anything in FNM's discography being appealing to the average Fox News viewer.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shbobdb posted:

While that applies to normal republicans it doesn't apply to the alt right since they very much do actively use offensive racial slurs.

Alt right shitlords just use "it's a joke".

Like that time that they nonstop harassed women for having opinions on video games. It was a joke!

They only call people the n word on Xbox Live as a joke! They only wished for your mom to get rear end cancer as a joke!

Why can't you take a joke, Shbohob?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Spark That Bled posted:

Greg Gutfeld's been talking poo poo about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is funny, considering Gutfeld's general image. He's referred to them as "the worst band on the planet" and the "worst band in the universe" when called on it. What's even funnier is Gutfeld's reasoning:

I really hope that Mike Patton doesn't have mutual feelings for Gutfeld or Fox News, because I don't imagine anything in FNM's discography being appealing to the average Fox News viewer.

Does he think it's 1995? I wonder where he weighs in on Pearl Jam vs. Nirvana.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Radish posted:

The common idea that racism was "solved" decades ago is regular Republicans used to justify their claims that President Obama "set race relations back" when their well-trained base freaked out. That was absurd, but the media's gutless reporting and the average white person was clueless enough about the sheer depth of our nation's racism to let that mostly slide. Especially when BLM showed up and, being a group of mostly black people asking for change, was scary enough to keep so many nodding along. The Neckbeard Nazis trying to use that despite it being the foundation of their policy was finally a bridge too far for even the most determined attempt at spineless "both sides have a point" report to cover. Trump is desperately trying to make it work, but it seems Hillary putting their ugliness in focus was enough to make it start to sink in to the more willfully ignorant. President Obama couldn't say much about it since he's just get labeled as the "angry black man" when he did, but Hillary was able to say something.

What comes next is difficult to say, but there could be real change for once. I just hope that the bar hasn't been lowered so much that when the Republicans go back to the tried and true dogwhistles, they get lauded as being reasonable for it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Spark That Bled posted:

Greg Gutfeld's been talking poo poo about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, which is funny, considering Gutfeld's general image. He's referred to them as "the worst band on the planet" and the "worst band in the universe" when called on it.

He's not wrong, except that the Chili Peppers are the poor man's Fishbone. Greg Gutfeld's a complete tool but his music tastes are fairly solid.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/769204978250608640

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Besides all the older stuff, the Curiel thing was almost three months ago. You can't stand up now and pretend you had no idea Trump was racist.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Beckel's actually a wise man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwNYiAcDzkk&t=162s

Never take more than you can handle and always know your dealer.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

I tried listening to some alt right shitbags to kinda reinforce why I think these shitbags are horrible people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDhY7TilfTg

I see all these comments about how women are so degenerate and have so much sex these days, which is hilarious in light of that recent study revealing that millennials actually have less sex than previous generations did at their age. At least some racists and misogynists base their ideas off of misleading statistics; these guys just base them off of their fantasies of how slutty attractive women must be.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ytlaya posted:

I see all these comments about how women are so degenerate and have so much sex these days, which is hilarious in light of that recent study revealing that millennials actually have less sex than previous generations did at their age. At least some racists and misogynists base their ideas off of misleading statistics; these guys just base them off of their fantasies of how slutty attractive women must be.

Yeah, modern millennials love 2D and have their waifu as an avatar, right?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shbobdb posted:

Yeah, modern millennials love 2D and have their waifu as an avatar, right?

Huh? If you're referring to my avatar, someone went and bought avatars with that character for like 500 people (or something similarly crazy) a couple months back. I didn't notice until someone mentioned it, since I've kept avatars disabled on the forums for the past 5+ years.

This is what I was referring to: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-millennials-less-sex-20160802-snap-story.html

The title is a little misleading (apparently the study found that the number of millenials not having sex is greater than previous generations, but this doesn't mean that everyone else is having less), but it definitely stands in contrast with the whole "women today are sluttier than they used to be" narrative (and that's of course ignoring the fact that they would consider that a bad thing in the first place).

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Ytlaya posted:

Huh? If you're referring to my avatar, someone went and bought avatars with that character for like 500 people (or something similarly crazy) a couple months back. I didn't notice until someone mentioned it, since I've kept avatars disabled on the forums for the past 5+ years.

This is what I was referring to: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-millennials-less-sex-20160802-snap-story.html

The title is a little misleading (apparently the study found that the number of millenials not having sex is greater than previous generations, but this doesn't mean that everyone else is having less), but it definitely stands in contrast with the whole "women today are sluttier than they used to be" narrative (and that's of course ignoring the fact that they would consider that a bad thing in the first place).

The only reason the alt-right harangues modern women supposedly being sluttier is because they aren't slutting it up with the alt-right alphas that deserve all the sex because they are men.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 26, 2016

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Noah Patterson, 18, has never had sex. “I’d rather be watching YouTube videos and making money.” Sex, he said, is “not going to be something people ask you for on your résumé.”

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spark That Bled posted:

Weird, I'm not a good bastion of musical taste but I can only remember hearing that about Nickleback, the Black Eyed Peas, One Direction and Justin Bieber.

Joshmo
Aug 22, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

The only reason the alt-right harangues modern women being supposedly being sluttier is because they aren't slutting it up with the alt-right alphas that deserve all the sex because they are men.

I've always thought you'd want women to be even sluttier, because eventually they'd have to have sex with you, right? Forcing all women to become Mennonites seems like it would severely hurt your chances even more. (I know the real answer is power over women and the alphas pick their mate and women have to be fine with it, I'm just saying.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Shbobdb's in some weird place between being a troll and not being a troll and it's really hard to know how to respond to him because you can never tell when she's being serious.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Joshmo posted:

Forcing all women to become Mennonites seems like it would severely hurt your chances even more.

Nah, because you may forego premarital stuff, you pretty much have a thing that submits to you forever after you're married.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Spark That Bled posted:

Talk about throwing stones from a glass house. There's a big difference between Gutfeld and RHCP: I can stand listening to the Chili Peppers for longer than a minute.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Rick_Hunter posted:

The only reason the alt-right harangues modern women supposedly being sluttier is because they aren't slutting it up with the alt-right alphas that deserve all the sex because they are men.

Women are no longer powerless sexual playthings like they were in the good ol' days, nor are they publicly shamed for enjoying sex. This is a HUGE problem for them.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Noah Patterson, 18, has never had sex. “I’d rather be watching YouTube videos and making money.” Sex, he said, is “not going to be something people ask you for on your résumé.”

Proficient in MS Office, SQL, BDSM, C++, Cunnilingus

References available upon request ;-)

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Ash Crimson posted:

Someone apparently yelled "Pepe!" during the actual hillary alt-right speech :allears:

https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/768913468946800640

So, how has the RWM taken Hillary's speech? The folks over in the freep bubble have never heard of the alt-right before and think that Hillary is making things up and it's Vast Right Wing Conspiracy(tm) 2.0.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

McGlockenshire posted:

So, how has the RWM taken Hillary's speech? The folks over in the freep bubble have never heard of the alt-right before and think that Hillary is making things up and it's Vast Right Wing Conspiracy(tm) 2.0.

Well, their chosen heirhair immediately countered with 'NO U'.

Other than that, it's mostly deflection to try and talk about :supaburn:THE CLINTON FOUNDATION:supaburn: :
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/the-rncs-top-spokesman-just-fell-flat-on-his-face-trying-to-defend-trump-watch-3-brutal-moments/

The best they can do is say, 'That's not true' and change the subject because if they actually went into it they would be saying:
"Actually, the alt-right is a concerned group of nationalists - frog face, frog face, frog face - with popular support, Populist Nationalists if you will, that seeks better understanding and respect - swastika, swastika, swastika - of their European - star of david, star of david - Heritiage - swastika, swastika, swastika.

"Laughing in tears face, Laughing in tears face, Laughing in tears face, Laughing in tears face, Laughing in tears face.

"They aren't racists - poop emoji, poop emoji, poop emoji - they're 'race realists' - star of david, swastika, swastika, swastika, star of david"

"Build the wall meme"

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Additionally this desire to control the sexuality of women is essentially the sexual expression of that "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" belief. These guys think that if women didn't have sexual agency, they could take their pick of hot women. In the past when women had less/no control, guess what? Powerful men got first pick. (And in the case of polygamous societies, less powerful dudes often didn't get to have a wife at all.) So these shitlords somehow think that if women lost sexual agency they'd be getting laid more when they'd really be about as waifu-less as they already are.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXl0S1UYF5w

The slow destruction of FoxNews this year has been quite an interesting thing to witness, I look forward to Trump's new channel he'll be starting with Bannon and Ailes.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Did we see the reverse in the past? Weird dudes in favour of female sexual liberation because they thought they'd be getting laid more?

(I mean I'm pretty sure we did but are there any examples)

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dabir posted:

Did we see the reverse in the past? Weird dudes in favour of female sexual liberation because they thought they'd be getting laid more?

(I mean I'm pretty sure we did but are there any examples)

Yeah, they wear trilbys and are called 'Nice guys'.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Fried Watermelon posted:

That dude has obviously never had a job before.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Rick_Hunter posted:

Well, their chosen heirhair immediately countered with 'NO U'.

Other than that,

I've also seen a few articles quoting the "leaders" as claiming that Clinton's helping them by making their views more well known, as if their problem was that they somehow couldn't reach a large enough audience instead of that larger audience finding them utterly repugnant.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Spark That Bled posted:

My understanding was that Patton and Anthony Keidis were still on iffy terms because Keidis accused Patton of ripping off his style years ago, and Patton responded by having Mr. Bungle mockingly cover RHCP songs.

To me this is just a broken clock moment for Gufeld, but I'll admit my FNM vs RHCP knowledge sort of ends in the late 90's where FNM obviously won in my mind, and RHCP were punished with a curse that forced them to write banal songs about california and heroin in perpetuity.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Big McHuge posted:

Proficient in MS Office, SQL, BDSM, C++, Cunnilingus

References available upon request ;-)

I'd like to see your LinkedIn endorsements first.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

Old people are never satisfied. First its "You gently caress too much, why don't you ever settle down" and now its "WHY AREN'T YOU loving FOUR WOMEN OR MEN AT ONCE? WHERE ARE MY GODDAMN GRANDCHILDREN?!" I wish I was involved in these surveys so I could be the jerk that asks, "How recently have you been laid, Methuselah? Five, maybe Fifteen years ago when you were younger and thinner? Do you even remember what sex was?"

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Xibanya posted:

Additionally this desire to control the sexuality of women is essentially the sexual expression of that "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" belief. These guys think that if women didn't have sexual agency, they could take their pick of hot women. In the past when women had less/no control, guess what? Powerful men got first pick. (And in the case of polygamous societies, less powerful dudes often didn't get to have a wife at all.) So these shitlords somehow think that if women lost sexual agency they'd be getting laid more when they'd really be about as waifu-less as they already are.

This. Just like how the "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" crowd so attacks minorities or those poorer than themselves, these guys use women and pretty much any man outside their sphere as scapegoats for their personal failings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Shlomo Palestein posted:

My understanding was that Patton and Anthony Keidis were still on iffy terms because Keidis accused Patton of ripping off his style years ago, and Patton responded by having Mr. Bungle mockingly cover RHCP songs.

To me this is just a broken clock moment for Gufeld, but I'll admit my FNM vs RHCP knowledge sort of ends in the late 90's where FNM obviously won in my mind, and RHCP were punished with a curse that forced them to write banal songs about california and heroin in perpetuity.

The dumb thing is, aside from the dude referencing a "rivalry" from 20 or 25 loving years ago, it's perfectly fine to like or dislike either the RHCP or FNM. I like them both but it doesn't matter. I have lovely taste in certain ways.

I think that dumb, innocuous and ultimately harmless comment the guy tweeted speaks more to conservative's polarity, black and white worldview and their overall tendency to "choose sides" than anything having to do with music. I grew up liking both of those bands and never once heard anyone who liked either of them argue about choosing "sides". Most people I knew who liked one usually liked the other and owned CD's from both bands, along with Jane's Addiction, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Fishbone...

What a weird tweet.

Edit: what I mean is I file this under "Who Gives a poo poo - 1993"