Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

HelloWinter posted:

Sorry, I'm guessing that was me. The game turned impossible to play for me since I couldn't connect to the server, but I resolved the issue right away by transferring it from the external storage to internal storage. :(

Could you please re-invite me if there is another inactive person someday? I gave a lot of gem gifts and stuff to guildsmen before I couldn't play.

Sorry about that, I should've asked/waited another few days. Re-invited you.

Edit: Dropped RadiationCowSA (who volunteered)
Edit2: I'm an idiot and thought you were Poonflap. You're back in now.

van fem fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

The Suicide Squad FPS is surprisingly great for what it is, and is also completely free.

Been playing it and is drat fun! Well, playing Deadshot anyways since Harley Queen is more melee oriented and Diablo is just a flamethrower but is great that it has no ads or money system at all.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Dang FierSA I really thought I was going to be able to beat you in the leaderboards but you just barely edged me out. Are people in the guild able to chat or communicate with each other in any way? If so I would be interested in joining. Don't really know how much longer the game can keep me interested considering the lack of team composition options and the horrible drop rate for the number of free gems given out. Plus the puzles aren't as fun to do as PaD.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
I've been killing time with Mamono Sweeper for a few days now, and it's a fun fantasy-themed Minesweeper variant with an interesting little RPG mechanic. You sweep for monsters instead of mines, and clicking a square shows you the combined strength of all the monsters in adjacent squares. Finding and killing low-level monsters gives you experience which then allows you to kill tougher monsters without taking damage. It's surprisingly deep for such a simple game, and if you're a weirdo like me who still sometimes plays Minesweeper in the year 2016, I'd recommend checking it out.

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

slouch posted:

Dang FierSA I really thought I was going to be able to beat you in the leaderboards but you just barely edged me out. Are people in the guild able to chat or communicate with each other in any way? If so I would be interested in joining. Don't really know how much longer the game can keep me interested considering the lack of team composition options and the horrible drop rate for the number of free gems given out. Plus the puzles aren't as fun to do as PaD.

I manged to finish off a boss in about the last 5 minutes. The guild has a chat function, just apply to Summonthing Awful.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It took a couple games to adjust, but that's a pretty legit suggestion. Even if you're unlike me and not still playing the occasional Minesweeper game I'd recommend checking out Mamono Sweeper.

Edit: Forgot I wanted to mention how the ads work. They're non-intrusive; I've only had them pop up when I go back to the main menu and never while actually playing a round. I've also only gotten static ads I can immediately close, no 30 second videos or anything like that.

Onean fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 24, 2016

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

mrkillboy posted:

The Suicide Squad FPS is surprisingly great for what it is, and is also completely free.

One of the reviews for this on the Play store is just a list of Glee cast members.

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
Legendary guild goons, I applied as doc doc goose. At least I think that's my name :confused:

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Castles of Mad King Ludwig is on sale for $2.99 down from I think $6.99.

Amcoti fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 25, 2016

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Just applied to Summonthing Awful in Legendary but I cant recall my in game name. Glabus Kell or Rhabban most likely since Im quite unimaginative

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Atomicated posted:

[url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobilecastles.castles]Castles of Mad King Ludwig[/url] is on sale for $2.99 down from I think $6.99.

Thanks it was on my wishlist

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
LOGH-talk:

I hear you can get 6-star heroes from the Guild Gift Honor packs. It's slightly less stamina than solo packs (150-300 for 10x solo packs, 150-165 for guild gift), but it's probably worth the small chance at something good.

Also, make you sure you go through the Legend ranking board and add anyone and everyone who might help in the event. Some 6* Odin added me (2k attack, 1k hp, +200% dmg for Earth) and he carried me through the last hard boss.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Man a while back when Lifeline 1-3 was super cheap and I picked them all up, I enjoyed playing the first game despite the ending being a letdown. I finally started playing the 2nd game yesterday and it's not hooking me at all and I find the writing insufferable. Urgh. Anyways I just needed to vent. Once I free up some space on my phone I guess I'll finally play Sorcery 1-3.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Sorcery 4 is slated for a release on Sept 15th according to inkle's website. I'm pretty excited, maybe the previous versions will go on sale? Either way, I love the way the way they handled it. Feels like a board game but still an RPG adventure.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
This is my semi-monthly question of it any game similar to dragon coins has been made? I really want another coin pusher game :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Forktoss posted:

I've been killing time with Mamono Sweeper for a few days now, and it's a fun fantasy-themed Minesweeper variant with an interesting little RPG mechanic. You sweep for monsters instead of mines, and clicking a square shows you the combined strength of all the monsters in adjacent squares. Finding and killing low-level monsters gives you experience which then allows you to kill tougher monsters without taking damage. It's surprisingly deep for such a simple game, and if you're a weirdo like me who still sometimes plays Minesweeper in the year 2016, I'd recommend checking it out.
Mamono Sweeper is awesome but I do wish they would implement a quicksave or something so I didn't have to finish a whole level in one sitting. Android loves to wipe it out of memory if I switch apps for anything and I lose all progress.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

It's been around a while but I just discovered Alto's Adventure and have been playing it quite a lot lately. The gameplay is endless snowboarding down a mountain, tap to jump/backflip, try to build up trick combos, pass record distances without crashing. It kinda reminds me of old school SkiFree, just side scrolling instead of top down. Any other games peeps would recommend that are similar style?

One problem I've had is I keep seeing a pop-up "Google play services has stopped" that sorta interrupts the gameplay a bit, maybe roughly once an hour or so. Anyone else see these frequently, or know what causes it? Is there any settings I can change to avoid this? Or is it a bug specific to this game?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Is it only happening while playing Alto? I had that start to happen all the time to a cheap tablet I was using to stream stuff to a TV and the only way I could fix it was to do a factory reset.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

mrkillboy posted:

Is it only happening while playing Alto? I had that start to happen all the time to a cheap tablet I was using to stream stuff to a TV and the only way I could fix it was to do a factory reset.
I haven't noticed it in other games, but Alto has been 95% of my game time lately.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

peepsalot posted:

It's been around a while but I just discovered Alto's Adventure and have been playing it quite a lot lately. The gameplay is endless snowboarding down a mountain, tap to jump/backflip, try to build up trick combos, pass record distances without crashing. It kinda reminds me of old school SkiFree, just side scrolling instead of top down. Any other games peeps would recommend that are similar style?

If you haven't played it Ski Safari is basically the same game but better in almost every way.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Is this free final fantasy game any good?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW

How about the FFV port?

E-links

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
The Brave Exvius thread.

The FF5 port is solid. Has different/upgraded graphics that turn some people off, but if you're down with that/don't care, it's a great way to get portable FF5.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

CrashCat posted:

Mamono Sweeper is awesome but I do wish they would implement a quicksave or something so I didn't have to finish a whole level in one sitting. Android loves to wipe it out of memory if I switch apps for anything and I lose all progress.

Yeah, you can't even reliably put the app in the background for a second without risking losing the game. Especially the bigger puzzles would be much less frustrating if you could put them away for a while if you need to. I don't think it ruins the game or anything, but it is annoying.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

DemonMage posted:

The Brave Exvius thread.

The FF5 port is solid. Has different/upgraded graphics that turn some people off, but if you're down with that/don't care, it's a great way to get portable FF5.

Thanks! I never played ff5 but saw a pretty cool thread in this subforum about it.

I bought tactics and really like it, but moving the screen around the battlefield feels cumbersome on my n6. I wish I could have battles without having to move around cities and dungeons like in the older games, but will give one of them a try.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ff5 is my favorite ff to replay. The job system is just so good in that game. And it has gilgamesh, the best character in the ff universe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The mobile port of FFV is okay to play casually, but it breaks a good number of mechanics and niche tricks, so if you go into it expecting that most of the established wisdom for the Four Job Fiesta will work, well... there's a reason this was made in the thread:

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
drat. What do I want?

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monkeystrength.conman&hl=en

Con Man: The Game was released about a week again. Interesting game. Think a mix of rollercoaster tycoon and hay day but for comic cons.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

This might be kind of an obscure ask but are there any games like Triplane Turmoil out? Like semi-simulation flight games from a side perspective where you can take off and land and refuel at bases and attack ground targets and things like that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kyrosiris posted:

The mobile port of FFV is okay to play casually, but it breaks a good number of mechanics and niche tricks, so if you go into it expecting that most of the established wisdom for the Four Job Fiesta will work, well... there's a reason this was made in the thread:

I can't not see a dick there

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

always be closing posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW

How about the FFV port?

E-links

The game is good, the pricing and gacha is pretty predatory atm. Also there are two other free final fantasy games, FF Record Keeper and Mobius FF. Mobius FF is my favorite of the three but your mileage may vary.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

AnonSpore posted:

I can't not see a dick there

I'm seeing someone give me the finger.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

always be closing posted:

How about the FFV port?

E-links

Another one of those grindfestcollectathon s, kinda a reskin an existing game with some additions.

Granblue is my go to grinding/collecting game. It's pretty much a well produced off brand FF. Occasionally they go the extra mile with event themes, drat tuna theme.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you can get a macro running, exvius is fine. if you can't or don't want to for whatever reason, it is a boring slog bereft of charm and wit.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I've got no problem paying for a good turn based RPG. I just dont want to have to do too much walking and exploring. Id like to pick it up, read some dialog, make some decisions, then fight. FF:T would be perfect, it just feels awkward to me on the touch screen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Drakes posted:

Granblue is my go to grinding/collecting game. It's pretty much a well produced off brand FF. Occasionally they go the extra mile with event themes, drat tuna theme.

This?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is Granblue ever going to come out in the US?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

You can play Granblue in English, but you have to play it in your web browser if you're outside of Japan. You don't need the Japan-only dedicated app, although it supposedly has some nicer features. For me the game is a nonstarter for phone play because the browser version does not clearly explain how the asset streaming and caching system works. Yes, it has options to degrade graphics and audio quality, but these do not address the underlying issue that playing it in a browser means you are relying on the quirks and bugs of how your browser vendor implements caching and certain web standards.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Apparently, back in April, they added English settings in a patch. I'm guessing that's probably as close as it will get to a US release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Yeah Granblue is never getting a hard western release, theres the pros/cons with what there is now. Like getting same content as JP side or not having collab license issues. But then we get like worse ping since servers are all over in Japan, and I don't think they really offer support in english if you do something stupid .

Soundtrack is pretty drat neat for a mobile/browser game , sometimes event gets unique themes like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mco-4FU8I7Y . Boss themes are great in general https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F7K3JBpQHo.