Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Hard posted:

Haha grats on getting the only probation in the thread you silly goose.

Anyways i've forwarded the case to the rightful owners, don't know if i'll hear from them but at least it's sent!

Yeah, I have to thanks Crazy for that. I will from now on turn my camera to a wall to spite him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The patch dropped today didn't it? I can't play the game yet so how are the new shotguns?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

The patch dropped today didn't it? I can't play the game yet so how are the new shotguns?
The patch did drop today indeed. As far as PC playerbase goes, Pulse spammers are really salty. Automatic shotguns no longer viable for hipfire spam across the hallways, but still feel like a decent choice for close quarters.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the Spetsnaz shottie still awful?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

Is the Spetsnaz shottie still awful?

It was basically untouched so its better by comparison. SPAS15 similarly was untouched by the damage nerf, it only got hit by the dispersion.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Party Plane Jones posted:

It was basically untouched so its better by comparison. SPAS15 similarly was untouched by the damage nerf, it only got hit by the dispersion.

Saiga actually got buffed a little, damage-wise.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Vatek posted:

Saiga actually got buffed a little, damage-wise.

So it did! It's still absolutely loving hilarious that the top-range damage falloff is half a meter. You basically have to stick your gun inside the other player to hit that.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Shame because it's my favourite shotgun in this game. :(

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

So it did! It's still absolutely loving hilarious that the top-range damage falloff is half a meter. You basically have to stick your gun inside the other player to hit that.

Yea but it falls off to 50 dmg...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pulse's thousand years of darkness are over, embrace the patch

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ItheWelp87 posted:

Yea but it falls off to 50 dmg...

At .5 meters if you hit your dispersion is going to be nil, so whoever you hit is going to be hit with all 8 pellets anyways (that's how shotgun damage in this is calculated, the damage shown is per pellet).

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

At .5 meters if you hit your dispersion is going to be nil, so whoever you hit is going to be hit with all 8 pellets anyways (that's how shotgun damage in this is calculated, the damage shown is per pellet).

So then you agree that the 0.5m dropoff basically doesnt matter

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Sounds like the Saiga would be a great gun for a 3 speed operator who can sprint up to opponents and stick the barrel down their throat! Wait, they put it on who? Oh...

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ItheWelp87 posted:

So then you agree that the 0.5m dropoff basically doesnt matter

It did previously when the damage drop for the Saiga was leagues above any other operator with a shotgun (20 damage at 9 meters is awful). Being a step further away meant you went from a down to being killed because the damage was just low enough.

Still, ain't anywhere near as bad as the AR-33 dropping off to like 14 damage at 15 meters plus. That poo poo ain't right. It's got the smallest mag size, one of the middling fire rates, and has the earliest damage falloff of any AR.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 26, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Still, ain't anywhere near as bad as the AR-33 dropping off to like 14 damage at 15 meters plus. That poo poo ain't right. It's got the smallest mag size, one of the middling fire rates, and has the earliest damage falloff of any AR.

Still the best. :smugdog:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

What do people think about a suppressor on Pulse's UMP? I find that it can win me fights when I'm able to sneak up on a group of 2-3 enemies. Without the suppressor, I find that they wheel around to shoot me much faster. It does obviously tank the damage though.

Gunder fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 26, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Discord goons defeat Mumble goons once again. :colbert:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Wanna hear a good joke?: Mumble goons. :smuggo:

Also Pulse nerf being at all effective.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

"Don't run under that skylight, Capitao is watching it"

*Wolfenstein and Sam run under skylight*

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
I'm still debating uploading my footage of the goon showdown, but yeah I made some really loving dumb mistakes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Foehammer posted:

"Don't run under that skylight, Capitao is watching it"

*Wolfenstein and Sam run under skylight*

That murder hole from the top floor of the other building didn't do you any favors (also lol at one panel being unreinforced into hostage) https://streamable.com/r08p

You also came one shotgun blast from winning through hostage kill: https://streamable.com/eleg

Hard: went 3-0 Mumble first match (chalet), 3-0 Discord (bank), then 3-1 Discord (favelas) last match.

edit: Jehde survived this only because of recoil: https://streamable.com/nqzm

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 26, 2016

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
but didn't mumble win the first match 3-0 or were you guys lying to me as i was cheering?

@Wolfy do it, good plays or not it's always nice to see some Goon on Goon action.

Just an idea but we could organize some sort of monthly bullshit ladder/showdown between goons, nothing too serious but posting the results in the thread could be interesting.

Who knows, i could even maybe toss a little something for the winners. :toot:

Hard fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 27, 2016

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

I already complained in this thread about the idea of last man standing being an automatic hellspawn satan guy in the eyes of teammates, but wow that trend is even going on in casual. I'm sorry I only killed 3 guys by myself, obviously the fourth and last one should've been easy pickings at that point. Man, I really like this game but never give any playerbase the ability to not only shoot and kill teammates but also kick them, it can not lead to good things

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Goon showdown in R6 would be cool, with perhaps randomized teams?

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Gunder posted:

What do people think about a suppressor on Pulse's UMP? I find that it can win me fights when I'm able to sneak up on a group of 2-3 enemies. Without the suppressor, I find that they wheel around to shoot me much faster. It does obviously tank the damage though.

I never use suppressors on defenders but I can see the logic. The UMP has a super distinctive sound thanks to the low rate of fire.

Vahakyla posted:

Goon showdown in R6 would be cool, with perhaps randomized teams?

I wish private matches had an option to randomize teams at the start of a match.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

smuh posted:

I already complained in this thread about the idea of last man standing being an automatic hellspawn satan guy in the eyes of teammates, but wow that trend is even going on in casual. I'm sorry I only killed 3 guys by myself, obviously the fourth and last one should've been easy pickings at that point. Man, I really like this game but never give any playerbase the ability to not only shoot and kill teammates but also kick them, it can not lead to good things

IDGI, theres always a ''last man standing'' in every single match. Unless you've been a kill-less Glaz outside for the whole match you don't deserve any type of poo poo for being alive..

Vatek posted:

I wish private matches had an option to randomize teams at the start of a match.

Super niche feature for a very specific type of gameplay but who knows. In the meantime everyone hammering the space key works just fine.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
yall mustve been playin some scrubs :smug:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Did the patch break matchmaking preferences or something? It's putting me in bomb games 80% of the time now despite having it deselected.

e; also, fix the spawnkilling on Bank, thanks.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 26, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Do you guys make C4 tossholes over reinforced walls? They're pretty useful:

https://streamable.com/u25p

Also inverted exterior wall 3rd floor on Hereford as blackbeard is the new meta.

https://streamable.com/xwid

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did the patch break matchmaking preferences or something? It's putting me in bomb games 80% of the time now despite having it deselected.

The subreddit (laffo) is full of complaints about matchmaking prefs being completely broke.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Hard posted:

IDGI, theres always a ''last man standing'' in every single match. Unless you've been a kill-less Glaz outside for the whole match you don't deserve any type of poo poo for being alive..
Yea I know! In this case I was a defender watching a window where a guy was just peeking from. Rest of the team started running at enemies and died in seconds doing that, I killed 3 when they came to the objective room carelessly and then got popped by the last one from outside a window. Two people wanted me gone instantly.

e: VVV yeah I guess :(

smuh fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 26, 2016

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
That's some lovely luck. Most of the time I just play with friends but even when I'm alone I think I've only ever seen people hating on the last man standing like once or twice.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Koramei posted:

That's some lovely luck. Most of the time I just play with friends but even when I'm alone I think I've only ever seen people hating on the last man standing like once or twice.

I'll hate on the last guy only if he is doing stupid poo poo. One guy on our defending team as the last guy left against two severely injured attackers who were moving towards the object I've room. Our fearless last defender, however, was loving around on the wrong floor, far away from the objective, and even shooting out our cameras. When the attackers made it into the objective room, def Nader started low crawling there. We kicked him.

Hard posted:

e: Unrelated to Siege, if you:
Own a PS4.
Like Fer Honour.
Got a few hours to spare this weekend.
Acknowledge and understand the loving seriousness of an NDA.
- If you said yes to all 4 points don't derail and reply here simply poke me on Uplay.

I PMd you. Wasn't sure how to poke you on Uplay.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 26, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

e; also, fix the spawnkilling on Bank, thanks.

Which spawnkill, the jump out the front door and spray the spawn points or the run out to the back parking lot?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Which spawnkill, the jump out the front door and spray the spawn points or the run out to the back parking lot?

The latter. It really shouldn't be possible for someone to break a barricade, sprint out and have the entire spawning team in their sights within 2-3s of the round starting.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lemon-Lime posted:

The latter. It really shouldn't be possible for someone to break a barricade, sprint out and have the entire spawning team in their sights within 2-3s of the round starting.

On maps where attackers spawn in entirely open areas (hello, Plane) I'm surprised they haven't just stuck the spawn points under the nose and tail where it's much, much harder to get an angle on people. There are fewer and fewer spawn kill points as each patch comes out but there is still a bunch, yeah (Kafe, Klub are somewhat notorious for them, Klub's C4 kill is obscene).

Incidentally its why I love Yacht's spawn points, I've never seen anybody get spawnkilled coming out from them. Even Border doesn't have it so good.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Incidentally its why I love Yacht's spawn points, I've never seen anybody get spawnkilled coming out from them. Even Border doesn't have it so good.

https://streamable.com/pu3b

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Well this is a new one ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oii_c14W90Y&t=240s

We were pressing F to disable the defuser and nothing was happening.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

of course it's a headshot with that stupid gun at that range.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reason #9188027 why the Mac 11 shouldn't have perfect first-shot accuracy or an ACOG. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

There's gotta be a developer on the Ubisoft team who owns/wants to own a Mac-11. There's no other explanation for their obsession with that loving machine pistol.

• Locked thread