Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BexGu posted:

One of the D&D mods (Vire Rat) was killed in Benghazi...and then Glenn Bleck went even crazier then he already is about conspiracy theory's.

Rest IP Vire Rat... real gangstas neva die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BexGu posted:

One of the D&D mods (Vire Rat) was killed in Benghazi...and then Glenn Bleck went even crazier then he already is about conspiracy theory's.

also the LF guys that made threats against the President, and all the OPSEC stuff from GiP and TFR regarding military hardware

sup NSA dude, can't believe you get paid my tax dollars to read about nonsense

e- lol and Brown Moses has the Russians watching us, too

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

*Vile Rat, could at least get his name right

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

Hustlin Floh posted:

Rest IP Vire Rat... real gangstas neva die

Who would have thought an SA Eve nerd could bring down Clinton to ensure President Trump gets into power.

He died doing what he loved, rip in peace Vire Rat.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

quote:

They always have stairs in their house because SomethingAwful was hot poo poo 10 years ago. It was the big walled-garden for elitists who demanded everyone use proper punctuation and grammar and otherwise follow rules or get banned. Individual thread posters could write their own thread-local rules which the paid moderators would then enforce. Perfect order. When I finally got a credit card as a teenager the ten bux to get in was my first ever purchase.

That's just how I saw it then compared to all the trolls and awful content in free web forums. Haven't been back in a long time. But I can see how people who were big into SomethingAwful when they were a major influence on the internet have gradually honed their irony to new heights of trolling. Goon's have the best straight-face, bar none.

At least the trolls over at Encyclopedia Dramatica let everyone in on their game of shameless anti-social behavior. Goon irony is more like playing devil's advocate taken to absurdity ending in even self-deception. Goons love making the best arguments for unjustifiable poo poo, and now they've grown up to monetize it.

They've practiced so much social engineering they are literally now just power-tripping on loving with every subculture whose structures they can map and ascend. Good reasons, bad reasons, whatever. As long as they can keep fancy-talking their way into being important and noteworthy people of great influence.

Nice meltdown.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Whenever anybody says /r/ thisthatortheother you should immediately feel shame and loathing. If you do not, please report to the surgeon for neurofixing.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's not hard when your MMO guilds are filled with turbo nerds lol

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
We are all just sockpuppet accounts that Lowtax hooked up to markov chain generators. None of this is real, I'm not real, you're not real.
This is actually your brain desperately trying to convince you that this is all an illusion and instead of sitting there reading the forums, you
are actually slowly bleeding out and dying in a car wreck. I would have that looked at if I were you. You can see from the weird formatting
of this post, the way that there are line breaks that something has gone wrong.
Y͍̻̺o͇̖͖͉̬u͎̫͈̖̪͟r̠̞̩̞̰̳͙ ̙̘̼̞̬̻b͏͖̱̹̙r̪̫̞̻͝ͅͅaį͉̯ṇ̗̠̱̀ͅ ̷̠͔i̧̲s͍͚̦͟ͅ ̭͉́d͖̖̦yi̧̝͖̩n͘g̮̝̮̮͍ͅ,͇̻̙̙̳̙͍ dy̹̜̹̟̻e̳̺̥̫͙̖̩i̢͖̠͖̯̮n͉̼̳̦̜̩͚g̪̼̰͍̤̻,̷̦̠͕̜̘ ͠d̨̘̭̗̣i͈̤̟e͝,̯̟̠͈̺ͅ ̜t͠i̜͇̺̩̤͞e̢͍͇̤̣͓̠͎,̹̦̼͔̮̮͇ ̶̤d͈͔̯̙̞̺̖y͟e̺̱̯d̘̞͜ͅ ͉̰͙̱d͎̥̺̠̮̮̬i͙͍̖̥ͅd̴͇ ̝y̮̲o̸̦̣ú̩̙̻͎̣ ҉̜t҉a̷̤̭͙ͅk̨̺e̱͎̼ ̼́ḍ̶̣̣̻r̠u̯͎̝̣̹g̷̬̱̪ś̙͚̯̱̹͖̦?̻̪͉̰̝̺͙͝ ̱ͅw̶̰̻o̧͕u̫͓͙͇̼̩l̝͎͉d̸̦ͅ yo̡̳̫̳u̦̦͜ͅ ̳͖͔ré͎̜͚̫̣m̶e̲͓m̤̹̲͉̲b̨̺̘͈e̞̮̜̳͍̯͔r̛̻̦͚̞͉̘ ͉̲̜̥i̵̫f͍̤ ͇̖̠y̛͖ǫ͕̰̞u̩͔ ̳d̗̠̹̟̞̥̦͢i̜̥̟̖̥̺͜ͅd͇?̦̱͎ͅ

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol, SA will bury Reddit.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

phasmid posted:

Whenever anybody says /r/ thisthatortheother you should immediately feel shame and loathing. If you do not, please report to the surgeon for neurofixing.

I propose /r/gonewild be an exception to this. Everything else is trash.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"somethingawful is washed up, all the cool kids are on reddit now!"
-a real dumbass

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Wait a loving minute, when was SA associated with a CIA front? How could anyone see this shitshow and go "yup, that must be a front for one of the most nefarious spy organizations in the world"

It must be the pants making GBS threads threads.

This is a common mistake, Lowtax is actually the head of DARPA. SA is an experimental AI designed to control the population via mental illness. Each subforum provokes a distinct neuroses in its posters. The exceptions are BYOB and FYAD which have gone rouge in order to spread chillness and death respectively.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

FuhrerHat posted:

"somethingawful is washed up, all the cool kids are on reddit now!"
-a real dumbass

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
I love SA and I will never stop lurking here.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
As an elitist super poster. Reddit :fuckoff: tia

Seriously, my colleague asked some questions about honest music stuff on reddit, got downvoted and he has no idea why.
When I asked poo poo about computers in a serious thread I got normal answers from people who know stuff about them things. So yes I am ok with those asocial Goons that are dead.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
i believe sa should institue a votes system and for one week of the year all money paid in goes to the poster with the most likes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fargo Fukes posted:

I love my dead gay forums

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I hope one day goons are brought to justice

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
What are we gonna do with this subculture?

I say we map it!

YEAH!

I say we ASCEND IT!

YEAH!

I say we map it, then we ascend it, THEN
WE MONETIZE IT!

(i say we let it go)

NOOOOOOOOOO!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Bitter Mushroom posted:

i believe sa should institue a votes system and for one week of the year all money paid in goes to the poster with the most likes

After server costs that would mean the most popular poster gets negative twenty dollars.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

DreamShipWrecked posted:

After server costs that would mean the most popular poster gets negative twenty dollars.

Justice at last.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

President Obama does AMA's on reddit, SA's most famous poster was Robin Williams. Leader of the free world vs someone choking themselves to death while jerking it.

Another win for reddit.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Seems like Reddit is full of rear end in a top hat idiots

I mean moreso than here

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean moreso than here

Yeah bit we don't pretend our shitposting is a moral crusade.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Monkey Fracas posted:

I mean moreso than here
Even though a cover charge seems like bullshit when you're paying it, it really does keep out a good deal of the riffraff

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Triggered posted:

President Obama does AMA's on reddit, SA's most famous poster was Robin Williams. Leader of the free world vs someone choking themselves to death while jerking it.

Another win for reddit.

Uh i'd take patch adams before armchair serial killer anyday pal

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
a relevant webpage

lol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I love this slowly dying website

Everything's slowly dying at all times if you think about it anyways just gotta enjoy the ride into oblivion

Idiocy seems to be more vigorously mocked and punished here; I like it

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Munsun posted:

a relevant webpage

lol
Relevant to what? you may ask. Keep in mind this is a site that made its bones reposting old content and that bills itself as the internet's front page. I've even heard the goddamn dorks at work call it that. It is them we have to thank for the resurgence of the dankest memes of 2005-7.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

gannyGrabber posted:

Uh i'd take patch adams before armchair serial killer anyday pal

Uh Obama does that drone scene in toys for reals. Pretty hardcore if you ask me. Snuffing out life by merely squeezing a trigger thousands of miles away. He is not a man, he is a God!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Relevant to what? you may ask. Keep in mind this is a site that made its bones reposting old content and that bills itself as the internet's front page. I've even heard the goddamn dorks at work call it that. It is them we have to thank for the resurgence of the dankest memes of 2005-7.

i have a canadian friend who is like this. he didnt start talking about reddit until like 3 years ago, and now that's where he gets all his jokes and opinions, and he's basically become an old, dumb meme incarnate

i almost hurt him the first time he said the words "the fappening" to me, but then he showed me the pix and we did some whip-its so it was all good

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So whats the monetize part

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah bit we don't pretend our shitposting is a moral crusade.

Have you met Tezzor, Agag, or literally anyone in DandD

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

Is this dumb poo poo about some kind of stupid EVE rivalry or something?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I say REDDIT CAN EAT A poo poo.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Reddit thinks SA is done because they finally gathered enough retards together to beat Eve goons in a fight. Sorta.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
and only then because of funding from a legit mentally ill blogger that's really good at trading.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
The day a popular TV show mentions SomethingAwful as in "This thing I'm trying to convince you is relevant is trending on SomethingAwful, a website that often embraces relevant things!" i hope richard will do the right thing

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Did some jailbait loving fedora wearing autist make /r/Somethingawful ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
reddit stinks!

• Locked thread