Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Mei is a great hero for low tier no brains gameplay otherwise she sucks

Mei is one of the best characters at loving up enemy ults, along with dva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Grapplejack posted:

Mei is one of the best characters at loving up enemy ults, along with dva.

Fortunately to keep things fair and balanced she's also the best character at loving up friendly ults too.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah they really should highlight the fact that hitting the wall button after putting it up instantly shatters it.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Naerasa posted:

Get rid of Sym's shielding power and replace it with the ability to put down healing turrets. Placing down helpful turrets would be a fun way to support your team, plus it would give you more ways to track flankers as they get shot down.

Or have her shield heal the player for 5 life per second.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Just smashing dudes into a wall with a Reinhardt charge is so inelegant. Every Reinhardt should aim to dispose of their enemies with precision and style :smug:

https://giant.gfycat.com/SpectacularCleanIberiannase.webm

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Perestroika posted:

Just smashing dudes into a wall with a Reinhardt charge is so inelegant. Every Reinhardt should aim to dispose of their enemies with precision and style :smug:

What's hat? Prestige 2 and then level 81?

I've been playing this game for something like two or three weeks and I'm level 16.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Perestroika posted:

Watch out for people getting revenge on it though. :v:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/EasygoingCriminalJerboa.webm

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I actually find that there is such a thing as a good Bastion player, the ones who reposition often, grab a couple of kills and shuffle off elsewhere can be a legitimate threat more than supposedly good Meis in my experience. Like if we're talking people who've put a lot of time and effort into getting good at a hero widely considered to be mediocre, I'd rather have a Bastion than a Mei if those are my two choices.

Or they could just go McCree or Reaper instead and do just as much without being a worse Soldier when caught while repositioning.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

What's hat? Prestige 2 and then level 81?

I've been playing this game for something like two or three weeks and I'm level 16.

Nah, it's just regular level 81, you get a slightly fancier frame every 10 levels or thereabouts. Prestige is indicated by stars below the frame, one each per 100 levels.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Grammaton posted:

Or have her shield heal the player for 5 life per second.

Maybe have it wear off after a minute or so, so she has to keep reapplying it and you solve the 'dead button' problem her current shield suffers for 90% of the game

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

What happens Reinhardt and an Australian built battlemech meets head on in a charge duel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNS8CGeU6rI

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Kai Tave posted:

I actually find that there is such a thing as a good Bastion player, the ones who reposition often, grab a couple of kills and shuffle off elsewhere can be a legitimate threat more than supposedly good Meis in my experience. Like if we're talking people who've put a lot of time and effort into getting good at a hero widely considered to be mediocre, I'd rather have a Bastion than a Mei if those are my two choices.

Yeah, Bastion can be a very solid contributor, he just relies a lot on having room to reposition and breathe between murder sprees. The moment folks can focus on him, though, he has no escape tools and is pretty hosed.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Main Paineframe posted:

Or they could just go McCree or Reaper instead and do just as much without being a worse Soldier when caught while repositioning.

None of us are pro tier who the gently caress cares if you don't play the absolute optimal character for a situation, jesus christ

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i mean, you can either try to get better or you can just pick bastion or mei and stay where you are forever. i suppose either option is fine depending on what you want out of the game

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Verranicus posted:

None of us are pro tier who the gently caress cares if you don't play the absolute optimal character for a situation, jesus christ

Yeah, that's the thing, unless you're playing at that level all heroes are viable, even pre-buff Hanzotato.

(Still, it'll be nice to greet the instant-pick Hanzo with more than a sigh in the near future.)

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Verranicus posted:

Fun haver spotted

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

I am.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
LMAO whO EVan CARES XD

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Surprise switch to Bastion is pretty handy for getting breathing room on the last point of Kings Row if your quickmatch team has been getting rolled pretty easily up until then, and double Bastion on Hanamura B makes it impossible to cap without Zapato having his ult ready.

my back pages
Jun 23, 2009
You all can be pro tier too if you sign up for the goon overwatch tournament... if you've got the moxie. :smug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

my back pages posted:

You all can be pro tier too if you sign up for the goon overwatch tournament... if you've got the moxie. :smug:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Hanamura is a nightmare.

No map should have literal one doorway choke points.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i mean, you can either try to get better or you can just pick bastion or mei and stay where you are forever. i suppose either option is fine depending on what you want out of the game

Yeah but getting better is generally about communications and situational awareness as well as mechanics and you can easily work on those things as a mobile bastion murderbot. Will bastion be MLG pick? No. But at most levels of the game a mobile bastion communicating and working with team tanks can put out a ton of loving damage and be fun to play. Not everyone gives a gently caress about pro level 2/2/2 meta or wants to play that way.

E: also lol mccree or reaper having the raw DPS of bastion. They're better overall picks but in a DPS race everyone loving loses to Ganymede.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Hanamura is a nightmare.

There's openings above the frame which like 4 characters can shoot through and a tiny platform that a similar number of characters can even access. Multiple pathways! -Hanamura map designer

strong bird
May 12, 2009

squirrelzipper posted:

Yeah but getting better is generally about communications and situational awareness as well as mechanics and you can easily work on those things as a mobile bastion murderbot. Will bastion be MLG pick? No. But at most levels of the game a mobile bastion communicating and working with team tanks can put out a ton of loving damage and be fun to play. Not everyone gives a gently caress about pro level 2/2/2 meta or wants to play that way.

E: also lol mccree or reaper having the raw DPS of bastion. They're better overall picks but in a DPS race everyone loving loses to Ganymede.

Yeah I guess in this nightmare scenario where Both parties have to stand still to deal damage the turret guy would win but fortunately for the real characters in this game, you can aim and move at the same time

PersonalGenius
Mar 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Moon

Verranicus posted:

Having fun! What do you think this is, a game??

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
While Mei isn't part of current "meta" I've seen her picked more often in recent casted pro games then pharah and s76 and some others, but no one complains about them as picks :confused:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Zephyrine posted:

Hanamura is a nightmare.

Just go Lucio and tell your whole team to group up because you're going to speed boost them through. Tell them you're all going [left/right/straight]. Snowball through. Hanamura A is pretty hard to hold because the defense has a looooong walk back when they die.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

PersonalGenius posted:

Having fun! What do you think this is, a game??

im overwatch player omnicstomper58. i first started playing when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "comp" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "ult advantage" and "hog in church" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing flankers in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "comp" style of play was all about; i think it's the funhating leaking in to the game, what gibraltarian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" comp to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Countblanc posted:

im overwatch player omnicstomper58. i first started playing when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "comp" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "ult advantage" and "hog in church" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing flankers in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "comp" style of play was all about; i think it's the funhating leaking in to the game, what gibraltarian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" comp to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04AMvsyL770

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
They revealed loving sombra yet I want to get my tfc spy on.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

VoLaTiLe posted:

They revealed loving sombra yet I want to get my tfc spy on.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

:zenpop:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

It's like installing Windows 95 from diskettes all over again.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Hi, bored-at-work-on-a-Friday-afternoon here. It's definitely going up by .0038% every ~3 minutes. Hey maybe since Sombra is hero #23 we'll get a preview of her when it hits 23%.

I can hope. :smith:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
I do wonder what happened, did the modeler not get her finished in time or did some PR intern start the ARG too early?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I don't think they're going to do an ARG again.

Hopefully.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

theyre going to release it alongside season 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
guys ask me what i think about sombra hype