Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

loves bad puns, Irish, scrappy, Cena-esque levels of Never Give Up with the added rider of Even When All Of Your Friends Are Trying To Murder You

that's plenty in the modern WWE

Cena gave up and put his wristband in the ring, Becky has surpassed Cena now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the gimmick's already in motion but johnny gargano is going to make it huge on the main roster with 'always give up'

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

The nuance you are pretending is there doesn't exist. Sami Zayn emotionally propping Owens back up in the corner to hit another finisher isn't some shakespearean poo poo, its corny

It was really good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

gently caress this phony dick.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena gave up and put his wristband in the ring, Becky has surpassed Cena now

becky vs. aj styles wm 33 book it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cavauro posted:

the gimmick's already in motion but johnny gargano is going to make it huge on the main roster with 'always give up'

Johnny Tapout works both as an ambassador for the clothing line they bought, and also a reminder that you can't go and get hurt when you've got another match tomorrow.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Soothing Vapors posted:

a singable theme song

It took me a minute to remember Becky's theme because I mentally replace it with Metalingus every time.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2rckgi

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

The nuance you are pretending is there doesn't exist. Sami Zayn emotionally propping Owens back up in the corner to hit another finisher isn't some shakespearean poo poo, its corny

why do you even bother watching, honestly? poo poo like this is the core of WWE as a whole and that ending was better than the majority of feuds

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Im imagining that guy watching Bill and Ted and getting really pissed off at the cartoonish portrayals of all the historical figures

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I agree. Becky is yoked as poo poo and her gear detracts from that rather than making her look like the badass that she is.

give her a crow sting-like gimmick where after being betrayed for the 14000th time she shaves her head, ditches the gear, and becomes a badass MMA fighter who just punches the poo poo out of her opponents imho

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

why do you even bother watching, honestly? poo poo like this is the core of WWE as a whole and that ending was better than the majority of feuds

I watch wrestling for stuff like the Young Bucks telling people to suck it, Broken Matt Hardy, and actual exciting matches like The Revival vs Gargano / Ciampa

As far as I'm concerned the worst part of wrestling is poo poo like the Triple H / Undertaker matches where its a bunch of laying around and dudes who can't act pretending to be emotional

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'll admit HBK's "I'm sorry I love you" is a little bit cheesy, though I don't hold it against it, still a good match. I didn't think anything in Sami vs Owens was too schmaltzy or anything, just a badass match. I can see both sides on that particular thingy.

For me the worst thing ever was the storytelling in that Cena / Wyatt match, that was embarrassing to watch. In general I enjoy some cheese though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is the very beginning of AJ Styles's theme supposed to make me think of a church gospel hymn or is that just me?

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

I'll admit HBK's "I'm sorry I love you" is a little bit cheesy, though I don't hold it against it, still a good match. I didn't think anything in Sami vs Owens was too schmaltzy or anything, just a badass match. I can see both sides on that particular thingy.

For me the worst thing ever was the storytelling in that Cena / Wyatt match, that was embarrassing to watch. In general I enjoy some cheese though.

I mean I thought the Sami vs Owens match was fine, and Sami is a good wrestler. I just dont think that cradling Owens before kicking him equates to some masterful character development that is far above everybody else on the roster. I rolled my eyes at it but overall liked the match

Oh god, that Cena / Wyatt match.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That DICK! posted:

Im imagining that guy watching Bill and Ted and getting really pissed off at the cartoonish portrayals of all the historical figures

I'm royally angered by how they showed Temujin. It was some tiny chinese american actor and not someone of Mongolian descent. The actor FAILED to capture the nobility and pure will that is essential to a correct Genghis Khan and the man that united a people and forged an empire. The movie took all that and made him nothing more than a one note joke. It has been passed down through the ages that Temujin also had red hair and not black. Also spiked maces are not a weapon that a true Mongol would carry into combat.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

the diy gimmick is actually if you want to end a match and go home you can always do it yourself and tap

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I watch wrestling for stuff like the Young Bucks telling people to suck it, Broken Matt Hardy, and actual exciting matches like The Revival vs Gargano / Ciampa

As far as I'm concerned the worst part of wrestling is poo poo like the Triple H / Undertaker matches where its a bunch of laying around and dudes who can't act pretending to be emotional

Every Zayn/Owens match is unbelievably exciting though?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i felt embarrassed about watching this poo poo when i saw the ciampa/gargano post-match at the CWC and Brooklyn 2. wish one of them would have said delete

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Totally agree that WWE-style mid-match ACTING!!! is, generally speaking, the worst. I'll take the Sami stuff over the closeups of Cena making comically goofy faces though. I actually liked Sami's confliction over cheating in the Neville matches in theory, although in practice they felt the need to bash you over the head with it by having Sami stand there making conflicted faces while looking at the belt for like a full minute where 5 seconds probably would have sufficed.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 26, 2016

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Every Zayn/Owens match is unbelievably exciting though?

I generally like their matches. I do not think they are doing some masterful character work, nor did I like that one particular finish.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Oh god, that Cena / Wyatt match.

WWE blew it so hard with this. The 2014 Wyatt/Cena feud could have catapulted Bray to nuclear heat. Bray should have won after Cena refused to give in to the dark side and beat him with the chair. During that hesitation some nasty heel poo poo should have happened, and Bray should have won.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That ending didn't even make sense in the context of it. Cena has overcome the dark side...because he didn't hit Bray with a chair but he did hit Harper and Rowan. This wasn't really even mentioned as far as I recall.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

DeathChicken posted:

That ending didn't even make sense in the context of it. Cena has overcome the dark side...because he didn't hit Bray with a chair but he did hit Harper and Rowan. This wasn't really even mentioned as far as I recall.

That's just it. Rowan and Harper should have done some disable-the-ref poo poo or something ,taken Cena's chair and clocked him with it a few times, and propped Bray on him for the pin. Even though it's an obvious gently caress finish, it would have been a lot better than "Cena kicks everyone's rear end and wins clean", especially in 2014.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
cena doming Harper and Rowan was morally good because they were interfering. come on now. it's why it's OK to brutally murder Jim Cornette when you're a big muscular dude

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What is "yoked"?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big traps and shoulders

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

magnum_valentino posted:

What is "yoked"?

Not sure, but considering the context I'm guessing he means Becky is really strong and buff. Because she is.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
lovely arms

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Diva as a term going away is a good thing but Becky probably would have made a killing on Delty Diva shirts with the swing towards exercise as a hobby in America.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"You're pretty good" -X-pocelot

Edit: big sexy boss

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JT Smiley posted:

I have nothing against Becky, but she is definitely the "also ran" of the four horse women. She's the only one to never hold a title, she doesn't have a well defined character and of she's the least popular of the three faces.

Well, the other three are on Raw so she doesn't have to compete with their popularity. But "Irish Pun-Loving Steampunk Enthusiast" is honestly just as much or more of a well-defined character as "Ric Flair's Daughter and her Thanksgiving Parade Float Sidekick", "Bling Wearer", and "Hug Elemental". On Smackdown, Becky's easily the most definable character considering most of them just debuted, and the rest are "A Hart", "Human Lava Lamp" and "The Twin That Didn't Retire". Like, I love Alexa too but her character development was entirely NXT as with most of the recent call-ups. We haven't seen real personality from most of them since the draft because they're mostly all packed into the same segments. Becky stands out on SD.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's not your Big Boss.

He's just a sexy boss.

Edit: They-uh played us-ah like a damned-uh GAME-uh.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm no hero.. I'm just an old sexy boy hired to do some matwork..

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/769308364664889344

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Would rather have Beaver Cleavage.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I thought Becky's character was that noone could be her friend for more than 6 months. It's a good thing Nikki came back or Carmella's heel turn woulda been her powerbombing Becky into a barricade.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

This may throw a wrench in my grand "The Revival are winning the tournament" theory

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

oh hey maybe slater/rhyno will win after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey, they gave one mediocre 1998 team a tag title run couple years back, why not another.

• Locked thread