Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The KV-2 troll cannon on a the SU-152 is a pretty good time. And the addition of HEAT rounds made of the finest schadenfreude make up for it being so drat slow.

...with the engine upgraded. Nothing makes up for that stock engine.

I might actually be on playing badly sometime soon. Needed a breather from the misery simulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

They can't buff the ISU-122S, it's already a slightly faster SU-152 with the wrong gun, just with a worse profile. It's already better than the piece of poo poo JPanther or MLE 46 or...

actually tier 7 TDs are really bad aren't they? The SU-152 is great because of the derp, the T25/2 is good because of gold ammo for credits making it just a good tier 7 medium tank, the SU-100M1, JPanther, MLE 46 and AT-7 have major weaknesses and rarely excel (didn't they nerf the AT-7 for some reason?) and the Sturer and Challenger rank among the worst tanks in the game. the E-25 and SU-122-44 are great but are premiums, with the E-25 being the clear best tier 7 TD and the SU-122-44 not far behind due to incredible mobility and great damage output. It's kind of dumb that the best in class for the tier are two premium tanks, a medium tank and a turretless old-gun KV-2.

Anyway they can't buff the ISU-122S without making it ridiculous. What would they buff? They can't buff the mobility, otherwise it's better than every tech tree tier 7 TD. They can't buff the armor enough to matter - it already bounces most tier 5 stuff and gets the random whiff from other guns, making it armored enough to withstand same-tier shells reliably would be stupid. They can't buff the damage output, it's already got 3300 DPM and making it more accurate or have higher pen would allow it to output that DPM far too easily from a range that other tanks wouldn't be able to deal with it.

oh wait they could just give it the derp with default HEAT. That'd be sweet. ISU-152S.....

e: btw there's a World of Tanks comic coming out, by Garth Ennis, basically the best war comics writer around. It might not be poo poo if you want to read a comic about war and tanks.

You missed the T25AT.

Also, they replaced the Lorraine with a BatChat?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they nerfed the AT 7 because it was real drat good at winning

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Don't play the SU-152 with the derp gun. Use the 122mm and just feast on your opponents. Best thing about it is that people expect you to be using the derp gun so they often don't bother popping back into cover if you've missed your first shot. And you've got a 3300dpm gun. Well...

Mr.48
May 1, 2007
So whats with that old idea of making sixth sense an automatic perk for the radio operator so that you dont need to level it up on your commander? Did they end up implementing that, or did they push it off to the far future/forget about it?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr.48 posted:

So whats with that old idea of making sixth sense an automatic perk for the radio operator so that you dont need to level it up on your commander? Did they end up implementing that, or did they push it off to the far future/forget about it?

Why do you even need to ask this, it's Wargaming.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mr.48 posted:

It's implemented in WoT Blitz.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

It's implemented in WoT Blitz.

Do they still plan on making it that way in the big boy tanks, or will it be a Blitz-only thing forever?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Prav posted:

they nerfed the AT 7 because it was real drat good at winning

I've posted that before, but it's still probably the best battle I've ever had, so

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Mr.48 posted:

Do they still plan on making it that way in the big boy tanks, or will it be a Blitz-only thing forever?

I haven't heard anything about that. Blitz also has +1/-1 matchmaking at low tiers and they said they won't be doing it on desktop.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

R. Mute posted:

Don't play the SU-152 with the derp gun. Use the 122mm and just feast on your opponents. Best thing about it is that people expect you to be using the derp gun so they often don't bother popping back into cover if you've missed your first shot. And you've got a 3300dpm gun. Well...

When I have the other guns I will see about that!

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?
https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfTanks.NA/videos/930957113677344/

Leave a comment and user name and possibly get a type 59! If you have a type 59 just use hellasaus name. Totally not rigging.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Not that I was ever really good at this game, but after 2 years away, I'm awful :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

https://www.facebook.com/WorldOfTanks.NA/videos/930957113677344/

Leave a comment and user name and possibly get a type 59! If you have a type 59 just use hellasaus name. Totally not rigging.

I guess I should make a burner Facebook account for stuff like this, because I'm pretty sure if I tied my real name to my WoT account I'd be murdered eventually.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Is there even an event this weekend?

Edit: 3x XP. :effort:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 26, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Is there even an event this weekend?

Edit: 3x XP. :effort:

hey now come on, i won five brazilian flags yesterday

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hellsau posted:

hey now come on, i won five brazilian flags yesterday

Worthless if there isn't a "Zika" text for your tanks imho.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

I live in South Carolina, which is basically a swamp. If those Zika infected mosquitos make it through Georgia we're hosed

and nothing of value will be lost.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

put it on your stock aufpanther (rip)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

R. Mute posted:

I dunno, the derp is pretty great on it.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Prav posted:

put it on your stock aufpanther (rip)

On console, when they switched out the awfulpanther, it became a premium. And apparently everyone who had it in their garage at the time got the premium and the replacement. No idea why.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

I dunno, the derp is pretty great on it.

same

the 122mm is a straight up incorrect choice.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

:hfive:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

BadLlama posted:

Oh hey NA Berlin Quartet is on sale again. All the tanks in it range from good to great. The biggest stinker is the ISU-122 but I think it was planned to get some huge buffs soon? Its DPM is off the charts though.

I post this every time the berlin quartet goes on sale but if you don't have a rudy you're missing out on what is probably the best medium tank for its tier in this entire loving game. peep that loving winrate after ~250 battles (my overall winrate: 58%)

Prav posted:

that's a long gun. kinda ugly turret though

10,5 cm L/67. Yes that means the barrel is over seven meters long. No I understand how they figured they'd balance it but it's there in the development documentation and they appear to have done the maths so fine there it goes.

No idea why the turret models are so boxy and blocky.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 27, 2016

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Hellsau posted:

same

the 122mm is a straight up incorrect choice.

My derp-fu is weak, only have a 53% win rate on the SU-152 over 102 battles.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The SU-152 running either the 122 or the 152 was some of the most fun I had in a tank, but its one of the few tanks I played where I could never drag that winrate above 50%. Best game I had in it was on mines in a tier 7 match. I'm on the north side camping the little rise near spawn with the 122mm. We are losing, but then the enemy team decides to drive at our spawn one at at time. I was worried when a near full health Tiger showed up, but I hit him in the front LFP and set him on fire.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Squish posted:

Wha? I've got multirow carousel working with an Aslain's modpack that's a few versions old.

That's the joke. Modders have had it implemented for years, but wargaming still can't figure it out.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ho8TU_JpoI

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CitizenKain posted:

The SU-152 running either the 122 or the 152 was some of the most fun I had in a tank, but its one of the few tanks I played where I could never drag that winrate above 50%. Best game I had in it was on mines in a tier 7 match. I'm on the north side camping the little rise near spawn with the 122mm. We are losing, but then the enemy team decides to drive at our spawn one at at time. I was worried when a near full health Tiger showed up, but I hit him in the front LFP and set him on fire.

My best SU-152 game was also on mines and even after doing almost 7K damage in a tier 5-7 game my team still lost. poo poo game imo

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

My best SU-152 game was also on mines and even after doing almost 7K damage in a tier 5-7 game my team still lost. poo poo game imo

should have carried harder mate

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
You probably got like 100xp for that game because it was a loss.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Automatic 6th Sense is in every game other than O.G. WoT....

Ensign Expendable posted:

I haven't heard anything about that. Blitz also has +1/-1 matchmaking at low tiers and they said they won't be doing it on desktop.

From what I heard Blitz also merged the mobile & Win10 queues so now everyone plays together. So if you'd like to play WoT with a mouse & keyboard but without arty, there you go! :D

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Atomizer posted:

From what I heard Blitz also merged the mobile & Win10 queues so now everyone plays together. So if you'd like to play WoT with a mouse & keyboard but without arty, there you go! :D

Wait there is a keyboard support native version of WoT Blitz for windows? Maybe I need to upgrade to windows 10.

EDIT: Found it, it does exist, but they claim there is separate matchmaking.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 27, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Yes, the version in the Windows App Store.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Played my first tanks in over 2 years tonight, lost first 3, then won my 4th, but not because of anything I did. Man, I suck, and I don't have a clue where to be on maps anymore.

Did they nerf the crap out of the T8 Borsig? I don't remember it being barely able to pull itself up a slope.

After losing my first game in it doing only a single hit, albeit a kill, I played with that new T1 tank in my garage, looks like a large sideways shoe-box with a tiny turret on top. The only thing to even research on it is a new gun, and of course the instant you win a game with x3 xp you can research the T2 tank so you don't even need to do that.

I may need to try to platoon up with somebody and have them hold my hand for a while if I keep playing this weekend.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Wait, there's automatic Sixth Sense in World of Warplanes now?!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Hellsau posted:

Wait, there's automatic Sixth Sense in World of Warplanes now?!
Does warplanes even have a spotting mechanic? Would Sixth Sense even be USEFUL if there is? I dont imagine there's sniper planes.

I bought the 4 tank bundle on sale right now because I'm a giant whale. I'm terrible with the Cromwell B, haven't played the Rudy much (but it feels good), the only game I used the ISU-122S it went very well so I think I'll like that tank.

But my favorite so far is the IS-2. It seems to be making money even if I shoot some liberal APCR, so long as I win. What upgrades are optimal for the IS-2? I've got Rammer and Optics, since it felt a bit blind, but unsure as to the last upgrade. I'm feeling GLD, but I'm not sure how often I want to be aiming down at targets with RASHA accuracy, I think vents would do me better in general.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

Does warplanes even have a spotting mechanic? Would Sixth Sense even be USEFUL if there is? I dont imagine there's sniper planes.

I bought the 4 tank bundle on sale right now because I'm a giant whale.

Warplanes does have a spotting mechanic but it almost never matters unless you're really far up in the sky, or really far near the ground, and when I stopped playing Warplanes you would randomly nose dive into the ground every now and again for no apparent reason if you were too far down. I'm almost certain Sixth Sense was an available skill for your crew members, but since you would only get two crew members at most (Pilot and Tail Gunner) and since there were some utterly broken skills and since grinding skills takes for loving ever, I don't think Sixth Sense was all that common.

The Berlin Quartet bundle is the best value Wargaming's ever sold. 3 great tanks, a solid tank (the ISU-122s) and 4 fancy crews? This is how you get people to give you money.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

The Berlin Quartet bundle is the best value Wargaming's ever sold. 3 great tanks, a solid tank (the ISU-122s) and 4 fancy crews? This is how you get people to give you money.

I don't really get the crews though. The big draw of premiums for me was the crew training without penalty from non-premium vehicles, and having crews specifically trained for the premiums sort of defeats that and forces you to retrain them into the non-premium vehicle you want to stick them into, doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The Locator posted:

I don't really get the crews though. The big draw of premiums for me was the crew training without penalty from non-premium vehicles, and having crews specifically trained for the premiums sort of defeats that and forces you to retrain them into the non-premium vehicle you want to stick them into, doesn't it? Or am I missing something?

You are correct, you have to retrain them, but they're special extra-skill crews so it all works out even better.