Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

It's weird to post in BSS and C-SPAM at the same time. They're almost entirely non-overlapping speech registers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Squizzle posted:

It's weird to post in BSS and C-SPAM at the same time. They're almost entirely non-overlapping speech registers.

yeah I run into the same problem with D&D and BSS, but probably in the opposite problem.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
No Omega Men or Squirrel Girl in stock :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend set our apartment on fire!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:sever:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

I'm guessing she's transferring to a new school in Westchester now?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I was in the ER earlier(fine now, nothing major) and I realized goth chicks should never work in a hospital because every time I think about the possibility of dying I truly believe Death of the Endless will come for me. In a few decades they will also be barred from nursing homes, or the heart attack rate will skyrocket.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's certainly an interesting conclusion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
ALL my framed art was destroyed!

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wait holy gently caress I thought you were joking are you okay Rhyno??? :ohdear:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Wait holy gently caress I thought you were joking are you okay Rhyno??? :ohdear:

No joke! We are fine, cats are fine. All my awesome prints I have bought over the last 5 years are destroyed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rhyno posted:

No joke! We are fine, cats are fine. All my awesome prints I have bought over the last 5 years are destroyed.

Of the three, that is the best outcome, but that sucks, man. Hope you get back on your feet quickly.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

No joke!

What about a dream? A hoax? An imaginary story!?

I hope this levity relieves some of your tension in this trying time :(

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Which comics did she try to find out if they were flammable or not?

Kidding. Glad you guys, and your cats, are okay.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

One more member of the lovely August crew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

Yeah.

I had a few very limited prints that were framed on the walls in there. The sprinkler system soaked the room, the water cascaded down the walls and soaked the backs of the frames and then the prints.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Glad the important things (cats, you - in that order) survived, but that sucks. Do you have renter's insurance? I know it won't get you limited prints, but at least you can use the cash to buy some new Chinese robots that might not be full of lead!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

2016 is a bad year.

I'm glad you're ok Rhyno!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's the kind of thing that happens when the girlfriend finds your limited edition uncensored Zenescope prints Rhyno. Keep that in mind next time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes we have excellent renter's coverage and they've already begun the claim. It's looking like the carpet in the front room might be done for and all the molding as well. We'll see what happens.

I also contacted the artist on the one super limited print, hopefully he'll be sympathetic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I was going to make another old comic post in the funny panels thread because I was reading CRIME DOES NOT PAY and came across some funny stuff:

Like this, it's a funny picture because of how over the top everything is and the weird crime ghost. I read the next page and things were looking up:

Mr Crime, a ghost who encourages crime and wears a crime hat! Great!

Then I got to the start of the "Indian Dick" story and well...

Oh

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

Mr Crime, a ghost who encourages crime and wears a crime hat! Great!

The new Cuphead boss looks great.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

muscles like this? posted:

Then I got to the start of the "Indian Dick" story and well...

Oh
Wow that Indian Dick is getting jewed out of his gold alright.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm going through one of the Krazy Kat Fantagraphics collections, and it's amazing, especially for a strip from the 1910s.
Then it introduces a "vely tlicky" asian duck character.

e: Don't mind the story, which is part way through some body swap arc. Take a look at the dialogue.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 28, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I legit love that art. Shame about the period appropriate racism, though,

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Die Laughing posted:

Can I join this club?

Flash flood today and I just got 3+ feet of water in my basement.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

Can I join this club?

Flash flood today and I just got 3+ feet of water in my basement.

Let me tell you about how great it is to deal with water damage.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Aww, I'm sorry. I hope you're okay too! August really has been lovely to a lot of us. I'm only just today recovering from a miserable virus.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

Let me tell you about how great it is to deal with water damage.

Thanks.

Not my first rodeo so not too bad. My neighbors are pretty hosed so I'll be helping a few of them.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ferrule posted:

Not my first rodeo so not too bad. My neighbors are pretty hosed so I'll be helping a few of them.

Hey, there's an issue of Hawkeye you should read.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Crossposting what I meant to post here the first time:

WickedHate posted:

Gene Wilder died. He was in a bunch of lauded stuff I never saw, but I did see Willy Wonka, and I know he was a loving incredible actor. I still remember every facial twitch, and I don't even particularly like that movie. Wilder was just so drat good in it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

WickedHate posted:

He was in a bunch of lauded stuff I never saw

gently caress, man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mordja posted:

gently caress, man.

Gene probably never saw Rick & Morty.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

WickedHate posted:

Willy Wonka is dead is that not mournful enough :cry:

Edit: Goddamn it I meant to post this there too, goddamn August mixing me up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mordja posted:

gently caress, man.

It's okay, she's seen the IMDb pages.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Can we probate WickedHate until she watches at least Blazing Saddles? I'd add Young Frankenstein on there myself but I understand if we want to keep it to a single movie.

Although Young Frankenstein is a better Wilder showcase, imo.

Ugh I'm genuinely distraught over this. 2016 is like a lovely crossover event, no one is safe and everything sucks.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Travis343 posted:

Can we probate WickedHate until she watches at least Blazing Saddles? I'd add Young Frankenstein on there myself but I understand if we want to keep it to a single movie.

Although Young Frankenstein is a better Wilder showcase, imo.

Ugh I'm genuinely distraught over this. 2016 is like a lovely crossover event, no one is safe and everything sucks.

I would put Young Frankenstein over Blazing Saddles, but that's just me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This is me blanking during the Woody Allen scene in Starman all over again. It's not my fault I'm a youthful sprite who knows him from a children's movie and not these old comedies.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You are never too young to appreciate some comedic history! And if you end up enjoying Young Frankenstein and then Blazing Saddles, there's always his excellent turn in the Producers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or any of the four awesome films he made with Richard Pryor.

• Locked thread