Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

A good compromise to get Canada's marijuana industry off the ground!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Helsing posted:

We already have CI, who is more Harper than Harper.

U mad bro

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you know, if we didn't have a senate, this wouldn't have happened

https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/769254487986954243

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Nah, like many posters here I suffer from some kind of trolling stockholm syndrome that makes me enjoy your edgelord whining about our mediocre homeland. You're the gloomy and nihilistic Id of CanPol.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lmao wtf is id

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The game studio that made Doom.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pinterest Mom posted:

you know, if we didn't have a senate, this wouldn't have happened

https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/769254487986954243

Amazing.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I went to a talk by Jeanette Sadik-Khan, NYC's former transportation commissioner, earlier this year. She built hundreds of miles of bike lanes and turned broadway & 5th into a pedestrian plaza. The usual suspects lined up to protest saying it would cause gridlock and harm retail business. The result was improved trip times for everyone including motorists, increased business sales, fewer collisions and fewer fatalities.

Incidentally, one of my oldest friends made the mistake of cycling on Bloor St before the bike lane and was run over by a car, which fled the scene.

PS: Harper appointed that bougie cow because she fundraised for the CPC.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 26, 2016

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'm reminded of that episode of some Jamie Oliver show where he goes to a U.S. school and tries to gross out the kids by showing them how chicken nuggets are really made, and was then aghast like some classist dweeb when some of the kids dared to eat it. I was mostly impressed at how efficient and not-wasteful the whole process was.

I mean if that's how tasty pus cells are then maybe I've been wrong about pus this whole time.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

the trump tutelage posted:

I'm reminded of that episode of some Jamie Oliver show where he goes to a U.S. school and tries to gross out the kids by showing them how chicken nuggets are really made, and was then aghast like some classist dweeb when some of the kids dared to eat it.

not some - all. And it was funny as hell because chicken nuggets are gross as poo poo

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
You bourgeois bitches be trippin. Pink slime is dope af

The loving looks I get when people find out I love spam and bolongna

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Tochiazuma posted:

"“The numbers are similar enough that each defecation event may flip the ratio to favour human cells over bacteria,” they delicately conclude in a manuscript posted to the preprint server bioRxiv"

Defecation event is my favourite new term

Mods plz change my name to unexpected defecation event

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Butcher posted:

Mods plz change my name to unexpected defecation event

The limit is 14 characters so shorten it to 'your posts'

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

:master:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

the trump tutelage posted:

California's almond farms are extremely environmentally destructive and are sucking up an obscene amount of water, which they must continue to do even during drought conditions because a farmer can't just leave an almond plantation fallow during a dry season like they can with vegetable crops.

OTOH almonds are helping to bring us closer to the day when we get to decide if we're going to sell them our water or if they're going to take it.

Wonder how many water rights the Koch Brothers have locked down already?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

namaste faggots posted:

You bourgeois bitches be trippin. Pink slime is dope af

The loving looks I get when people find out I love spam and bolongna

ain't fuckall wrong with fried bologna

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

In a move seemingly calculated to make sure Wynne is re-elected, Patrick Brown has vowed that Ontario schoolchildren aren't going to learn what gay means or what the vulva is called.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flakeloaf posted:

In a move seemingly calculated to make sure Wynne is re-elected, Patrick Brown has vowed that Ontario schoolchildren aren't going to learn what gay means or what the vulva is called.

Don't forget Doug Ford's gonna be there too!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

flakeloaf posted:

...who can this possibly appeal to? It's amazing we still have to deal with this poo poo in the year of our lord 2016.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

PT6A posted:

...who can this possibly appeal to? It's amazing we still have to deal with this poo poo in the year of our lord 2016.

The important context here is that there's a by-election in Scarborough—Rouge River where all three parties should be on paper competitive, and Scarborough—Rouge River happens to have a lot of socially conservative POC.

And you'll remember, of course, that party leaders have a habit of committing themselves to terrible policy in order to win Scaborough by-elections.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 27, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That doesn't match my recollection of LF at all.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Tochiazuma posted:

"“The numbers are similar enough that each defecation event may flip the ratio to favour human cells over bacteria,” they delicately conclude in a manuscript posted to the preprint server bioRxiv"

Defecation event is my favourite new term

Harper's Retirement: Defecation Event

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

!!!!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

That doesn't match my recollection of LF at all.

Why did you think MTW was so popular?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Isn't it great how multiculturalism is making our country more conservative.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Even worse, it's by and large social conservatism, which is the worst sort.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Helsing posted:

Isn't it great how multiculturalism is making our country more conservative.

S—RR is really a special case - 67%+ of the riding is first generation immigrants. Obviously that same kind of socon appeal isn't going to have the same impact on second generation+.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Pinterest Mom posted:

S—RR is really a special case - 67%+ of the riding is first generation immigrants. Obviously that same kind of socon appeal isn't going to have the same impact on second generation+.

That's been true for most of North America's history, but in many respects the children of immigrants to Europe are even more conservative than their parents were. Let's hope that doesn't happen here.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's a little bit dated but Tom Flanagan's piece on how ethnic voters around Toronto were instrumental to Harper's 2011 majority and will likely be instrumental to future Conservative majorities is still worth reading.

I'm also not convinced social conservatism will fade away after a generation when you have large communities living in suburbs that may limit their day-to-day interactions with people different than themselves. That's just speculation on my part but I'm skeptical that the suburbs of the golden horseshoe will have the same kind of melting-pot effect living in the core of a major city might have. All the more so given Canadian society has such a weakly defined social fabric to begin with.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

David Corbett posted:

That's been true for most of North America's history, but in many respects the children of immigrants to Europe are even more conservative than their parents were. Let's hope that doesn't happen here.

Out of curiosity, does this hold for non-Muslim immigrants? It is certainly the case that many children of Muslim immigrant families are appearing quite susceptible to radicalization, but I'm curious if this holds true for other immigrants as well. Are African christian immigrants, for example, turning ultra-Christian? Are the children of Hindu immigrants turning ultra-Hindu? I'm guessing it's more a reaction to Islamophobia and the feeling that their religion and culture is under attack in the case of the children of Muslim immigrants, as opposed to something that holds true across all immigrant groups.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CanPol Megathread: and thanks for triggering me, you rear end in a top hat.

Reince Penis fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 27, 2016

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

When even a photo of a safe space is too triggering for you...

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

CanPol Megathread: and thanks for triggering me, you rear end in a top hat.

Good

e for cancon: c'est bon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm glad we're having "mocking Stephen Harper for following his security detail's instructions while there was an active shooter in Parliament is actually good" discourse again.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Trudeau would have torn off his shirt and then confronted the terrorist himself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Helsing posted:

Trudeau would have torn off his shirt and then confronted the terrorist himself.

Trudeau would have converted the terrorist to modern LGBT-friendly feminism, then sold him a LAV.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm glad we're having "mocking Stephen Harper for following his security detail's instructions while there was an active shooter in Parliament is actually good" discourse again.

Nah, the comedian who started that is an idiot. We're on to "my traumatic experience means you can never joke about it, especially not in a place I'd have to go to hear it" chat, cause that's way better.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The prime minister hiding in a closet pretty funny even if it was the best thing to do (or maybe because it was the best thing to do)

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

flashman posted:

The prime minister hiding in a closet pretty funny even if it was the best thing to do (or maybe because it was the best thing to do)
Other nations have underground bunkers able to withstand nuclear weapons, we have a closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Helsing posted:

Trudeau coming out of the closet and ripping his clothes off should surprise no one.