Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Big Oath Addition since I'm changing up my list for Nova Open. One Overseer, one Despoiler, four bases of Warriors, Three Hunter Main Grav Tanks, all 10mm Hawk Wargames resin or white metal.

Yeast posted:

OATH ADDITION

1 Culexus Assassin, hoping to get speed painting for him.

chutche2 posted:

I, chutche2, oath 1 Warmachine Decimator.

Also, did you get my email about my July prize?

Edit: Forgot the timestamp

All approved!

Yeast, don't forget to include your Dreadnought in your new Oath Completion post to keep everything together :)

I'm not sure who your email was aimed at, I guess krushgroove? If so he probably has it but hasn't had chance to reply as he's a very busy man at the moment.

And congratulations to NTRabbit on your prize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germ
May 7, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

:woop: CHICKEN DINNER! :woop:

I've been eyeing off some of your area terrain since the last KS, I'll do some calculations and email you about it soon.

Thanks for running the comp!

Cheers! Don't sweat if it's in stock in the store or not. I'm due some casting, anyhow.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
I, Scowny, oath these three 28mm FW Quad Mortars & Crew for the month of August

I took the picture on the 9th, start painting last Saturday, almost finished. I need to up my Oath game.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I, KPC_Mammon, oath these seven 28mm? PanO miniatures from Corvus Belli's Operation Icestorm.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
OATH COMPLETE

I'd like to claim Speed Painting for the Culexus Assassin.

and here's the updated Monthly completed photo with both of my Oaths in it.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Ooooh, that Culexus Assassin turned out [u]really[/]u nicely! Bad rear end!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming the Theme for Hot, Hot, Hot for the cannoneer's torch (there's some badly done osl on the side but I forgot to get a pic of it, so we'll call it theme instead of technical)

And here's the dino-cav. Rawr.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Did the prizes ever get sorted from season six? I think I was in contention for 10th place and was just curious if KG got around to handing out the prizes.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oathing Ephermaki, the Deep Caller Lord, and one Dreadball MVP:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
OATH COMPLETE

I really dislike this model. There's just way too much going on, and it's just stupidly huge- it's like twice as tall as galrauch. Painting it colorful was fun though.

Claiming feeling hot hot hot, I guess for the technical but the theme counts too.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath these three 28mm FW Quad Mortars & Crew for the month of August

I took the picture on the 9th, start painting last Saturday, almost finished. I need to up my Oath game.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath these seven 28mm? PanO miniatures from Corvus Belli's Operation Icestorm.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing Ephermaki, the Deep Caller Lord, and one Dreadball MVP:

Approved!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Did the prizes ever get sorted from season six? I think I was in contention for 10th place and was just curious if KG got around to handing out the prizes.

krushgroove's been super busy but is chasing up the sponsors to check who's honouring their prize support, once we know what the prizes are we can do the Grand Prize drawings.

I can't speak for the other ones (quarterly etc.) but I think they've been sent out?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:I, Irate Tree, declare my Oath - Complete!:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

I'm not entirely pleased with the result but for all intents and purposes, he's done.
Also, i hope this qualifies for the OSL challenge for this month :ohdear:

I'm also including my WIP pics, in case they weren't spotted previously.

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 25, 2016

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, ChanceII, additionally Oath 1 Guildball firebreathing dude.

Chance II posted:

I, Chance II, Oath 1 Nomads Bandit and 1 Combined Oznat in 28mm from Corvus Belli for the month of August!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

OATH COMPLETE!

I'd like to claim...

- Speed painting!
- Feeling hot! hot! hot! it’s the hottest time of the year!

Truffles

6mm Necron Destroyer Lord

Close up of OSL for the technical challenge

Speed painting before / after

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Did the theme challenge on the fire giant.

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
I, Hummingbird James, oath 1 Betrayal at Calth Space Marine with the Forge World Headhunter upgrade kit, for the month of August.

Only the one dude; not sure if I have the time (or paint!) for the full squad.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Man, because of a sudden business trip I'm only going to have 3 days to finish my stuff up. There no minute like the last minute!

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
I, ChanceII, declare my Oath for August finished!

Claiming theme and Speed Painting for the guildball firebreather and Cover Art for the Oznat

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
WITNESS! theme challenge for the flames on the from of the war rig, I claim OATH COMPLETE!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

I am claiming the theme challenge, because what psychotic, shotgun-wielding, cycle-ganger's ride is complete without FLAMES!?!?

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ilor posted:

Oath complete!

I am claiming the theme challenge, because what psychotic, shotgun-wielding, cycle-ganger's ride is complete without FLAMES!?!?

I don't have a thumbs-up big enough, he looks amazeballs.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ilor posted:

Oath complete!

The hotrod flames are a great touch on this dude. The sculpt's awesome and the skin looks excellent too.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Thanks!

Yeah, some of the Infinity minis are just goddamn inspirational sculpts. You know those minis where you look at the bare metal and you know more or less instantly exactly how you want it to look? I cribbed the concept of the hot-rod flames from the Studio mini (mainly because this was really pushing the envelope of my painting abilities and I wanted a decent visual example to use for reference), but I'm super stoked about how he turned out. There's also some subtle stuff on him that doesn't show up very well in the pictures but (as BlackIronHeart and selnaric can attest after seeing him in person this evening) show up nicely on the tabletop. The color variation in the flames is nicer in real life, and in particular I was happy with the way the "razor stubble" effect on his scalp and jaw-line turned out - that's an effect I've never quite gotten to work right before and this time I think I nailed it. Though I think next time I do tattoos I'll mix in just a touch of flesh-tone with the black to give them a more faded look, because this guy looks like he got his ink like yesterday. But he's probably the best mini I've ever done.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Yeah, glaze over the whole tattoo with your midtone flesh color to push the colors back and make it look more incorporated.

Looks sweet though.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Chance II posted:

I, ChanceII, additionally Oath 1 Guildball firebreathing dude.

Hummingbird James posted:

I, Hummingbird James, oath 1 Betrayal at Calth Space Marine with the Forge World Headhunter upgrade kit, for the month of August.

Only the one dude; not sure if I have the time (or paint!) for the full squad.

Approved!

Chance II posted:

Claiming theme and Speed Painting for the guildball firebreather and Cover Art for the Oznat

I'm sure krushgroove will let you off as your post was within a day of the oath, but for Speed Painting you really oughta include the time, like at the bottom of this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post460490983

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Hey Zark, something look odd in the spreadsheet. On row 7, 20, 30, 31, 40 and 107 for August the background colors hasn't changed to green and the index for prize drawing hasn't updated, even though you have updated with the complete oath.

Edit: Wait, maybe this is just on my end. Sometimes everything looks fine.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 26, 2016

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

Zark the Damned posted:

Approved!

I'm sure krushgroove will let you off as your post was within a day of the oath, but for Speed Painting you really oughta include the time, like at the bottom of this post: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post460490983

Ah my bad. I couldn't get a finished picture where you could see the time and tell that the model was actually painted so I figured I'd just let it fly. Its cool if i don't get points for it. I just happened to finish it quick and figured I'd go ahead and claim the speed paint cheevo.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I oath one Reaper Miniatures peasant farmer.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Oath complete

Claiming technical challenge OSL and Speed painting

Some day I will paint an OSL model I like the end result of. Today is not that day.

Though not bad for my mobile, not even near my usual set up, paint station.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 27, 2016

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Both the Fire Gamin and the Mechanical Rider have flames for the Theme.

I tried to make my Mechanical Rider as metallic as possible, with tin-coloured skin highlighted to a sort of silver.

A rushed finish on all of them as I'm going away for a fortnight in a couple of days, and I haven't started packing yet.

Edit:

Spring Cleaning!

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Aug 27, 2016

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Yo, schmetty, those are amazing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Electric Hobo posted:

Hey Zark, something look odd in the spreadsheet. On row 7, 20, 30, 31, 40 and 107 for August the background colors hasn't changed to green and the index for prize drawing hasn't updated, even though you have updated with the complete oath.

Edit: Wait, maybe this is just on my end. Sometimes everything looks fine.

Yeah, sometimes Google sheets does some weird caching stuff and doesn't update the backgrounds and calculations straight away, it usually fixes itself after a while. It occasionally doesn't save my last changes properly either.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Approved!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Claiming technical challenge OSL and Speed painting

You already got Speed Painting this season ;)

Also I don't think that's how your name's spelt :D

:siren: Only a few days left to submit your finished Oaths, folks! :siren:

May be a good time to double check the spreadsheet and ensure everything's correct! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=16

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I, headlor, oath one Infinity (28mm) Fusilier for the month of August!

Christ I'm leaving it late this month...

Also, I think I should probably tidy my painting area before captain planet is forced to intervene.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah, sometimes Google sheets does some weird caching stuff and doesn't update the backgrounds and calculations straight away, it usually fixes itself after a while. It occasionally doesn't save my last changes properly either.

Approved!

You already got Speed Painting this season ;)

Also I don't think that's how your name's spelt :D

:siren: Only a few days left to submit your finished Oaths, folks! :siren:

May be a good time to double check the spreadsheet and ensure everything's correct! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=16

I'm having a rough month. But thanks for the heads up.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Oath Complete

KPC_Mammon posted:

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Nichol posted:

I, Nichol hereby Oath this old-rear end Gundam GM for the month of August.

If it is allowed?

Oath Complete!
I don't think this is up to my usual standard, but I got tired as gently caress of painting this guy. First gundams I guess so that is something. Not at all happy with how the osl looks but it's my first attempt so

Claiming jurnal for the OSL
Also, Boxart

e: oath added

Nichol fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 30, 2016

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete

Claming Speed Painting on the Mind Eater

Claiming #SquadGoals and Theme Challenge for August

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

headlor posted:

I, headlor, oath one Infinity (28mm) Fusilier for the month of August!

Christ I'm leaving it late this month...

Also, I think I should probably tidy my painting area before captain planet is forced to intervene.

Accepted!

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
I, The Impaler Oath for August, one Privateer Press, Protectorate of Menoth Castigator

Priming in two colours is not verboten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
I'm going to have to declare an Oath Failed; due to a combination of trying to do too many things this month and sucking at most of them. Oh well, at least I'll have a couple of potential whales to save!

Oh, and congratulations to NTRabbit on the terrain prize draw! That was some cool stuff you did last month.

e: goddamn phone posting

• Locked thread