Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epileptic_ev
Aug 25, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
sometimes it is nice to not be tied down to the emotional slavery of cortisol or cosleeping

when i break up im usually hormonally hosed for at least 3-6 months if ive been cosleeping with someone regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Indian ghost kid goon, you know there's probably some Indian dude somewhere in time who was like "when I was a kid I saw something like another kid but also a grown rear end man at the same time somehow and I never told anyone ever too spooky"

When you're old you should go back so that kid sees some scary amalgam of all stages of life

This is basic timelike loop theory, the kid was scared because he saw a ghost you that was a kid and adult, you only see him as a kid because he only saw you once in his life

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ALFbrot posted:

"Do you take this woman to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

Unless she was smart enough to include "in promiscuousness and celibacy" in the vows, I'd say he's got a legit complaint.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
if that was in the vows he would be in the clear to gently caress his work-daughter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
should really try for a threesome aybe that will get your wife going

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Personally I hope he tells her he wants to bone the coworker, and they fight, but she eventually relents after a lot of crying but is deeply hurt and can never look at her husband the same way ever again, and then he takes his golden ticket to work and lays the moves on the coworker, who gets skeezed out because sometimes people just want to flirt and she goes to HR and he's fired for sexual harassment

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Claven666 posted:

Indian Ghost dude: that's not a ghost, that's a phantasm. Basically, the intensity of what happened released so much energy that it imprinted on that spot and now people who are sensitive to that poo poo can see it happening over and over again. You can test it by going back and trying to talk to the kid but if he turns and runs to the same place and jumps over the same rock and his braid flips up in the air the same way again then yeah, not an intelligent spirit

Hmm no I think 'phantasm' is the wrong word. I think the word you're looking for is 'hallucination' or maybe 'lie'.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ALFbrot posted:

Personally I hope he tells her he wants to bone the coworker, and they fight, but she eventually relents after a lot of crying but is deeply hurt and can never look at her husband the same way ever again, and then he takes his golden ticket to work and lays the moves on the coworker, who gets skeezed out because sometimes people just want to flirt and she goes to HR and he's fired for sexual harassment

A black comedy of errors brought to life. Just missing a faked kidnapping and woodchipper, otherwise it'd almost be like Fargo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

File under "amusing party anecdotes"

quote:

I used to be an LRV (light rail vehicle) operator. I got demoted back to bus for being an unfunny smartass. See, our trains had these various audio cues you could activate. They also had Muzak (which I wished we could play during revenue service or at least while deadheading, but our managers hate fun so they say no) along with assorted cues based on different holidays. So for instance you could have the train play a little Jingle Bells riff around Christmastime.

On a cold February evening, I pulled into the last station on my route. I got out of the cab to check for anybody still asleep and to take inventory of any left items. There was an elderly man in the frontmost car of the consist, near my cab, who appeared asleep and could not be roused. I called over the radio that I couldn't wake up a passenger and a supervisor arrived some time later. When he couldn't wake the old man and worried something was medically wrong with him, he called the sheriff, who in turn called the Coroner. At this point I was ordered to stand by in the cab and basically stay out of the way.

However, within earshot of the goings on, I could hear the Coroner confirm that the elderly man had in fact expired on my train. Given the rare opportunity, I punched in a particular code in the train's computer; K57. The supervisor, Sheriff and deputies, and Coroner were then serenaded with a lovely rendition of "Taps" which played for the Memorial Day holiday cue. Apparently the Supervisor didn't appreciate my sense of irony.

And that is why I am no longer a LRV operator.

quote:

I have a lot of things I feel like I need to confess but I'll get one of the bigger ones off my chest first. Going back to when we were dating, I have cheated on my wife pretty regularly. This has already bitten me in the rear end in many ways; for example, I met someone working on the Kucinich campaign for '04 who would very likely be one of my best friends in the world if I'd been clean with her about my marriage and about who I was. Instead, I fell deeply in love with her - like stupidly head over heels. We dated for about a year, she only came to my house once during that time - I framed it as me being ashamed of where I lived, despite it being a five bedroom, three bath house in a pretty decent neighborhood. (For her part, she lived in a decidedly rich part of town.) There are friends that I have that are completely aware of all of that, and who've forgiven me for being a manipulative liar towards her because all in all, I'm a pretty good dude - I've literally given people the shirt off my back before if they needed it. That was only the first in a series of... "indiscretions", though.

It shames me to think that to know how many women I've cheated on my wife with, I'd have to sit and REALLY think about it. I know there are two goonettes who I flew great distances to carry on affairs with; one of them (wisely) has cut off all contact with me, another maintains a friendship with me. I still think about her a lot and wish that I'd done better by her.

The biggest thing happened in November of 2011. I'd been dating a girl nearby for... quite a while, now that I think of it. Well, another girl piqued my interest and I started dating her as well. (I'll call them Annette and Beth for simplicity's sake.) Both Annette and Beth knew that I was married and were 100% okay with it. What they weren't okay with was when Beth found out about Annette. The two of them got in contact with each other and basically my phone exploded with "how could you", "you need to decide between us" etc. I confessed to my wife that I was cheating on her. Things were rough for a while - lots of time spent on the couch, some couples therapy sessions - but over time things returned to something close to normal.

One of the big issues is that, well, I kept dating Beth. Beth turned out to be a drug addict, and she started spending time in and out of jail for stealing from her family, selling stolen goods, etc. I tried to support her and get her on the right track - I have a messiah complex a mile wide - but for an addict to get better they have to want to get better. So she's been in prison since January of last year.

She calls me every day. I answered them for a while, for a lot longer than I'd like to admit to myself. I even went to see her quite a few times - the prison she's in is about two hours from my house, but I'd go up there about once or twice a month. Well, a while back I stopped answering the phone, stopped answering her letters, etc. I know I should probably block her from calling me (She's begged me to do so in the letters she sends me, which I read but do not respond to - if I blocked her, she says, she'd know I want nothing to do with her). I don't know why I haven't blocked her yet. I guess part of me is amused that she spends part of her day every day trying to get in touch with me, and I'm able to ignore it as I see fit?

Anyway, that's some of it off my chest. Cheating kind of sucks - it makes you feel awesome like "yeah, I've still got it, I can pull these amazing looking women" but it's absolutely a harmful addiction.

Goons, don't cheat on your loved ones.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

LRV goon

I'd have promoted you. Come work for me

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cheating goon; its not an addiction, you're just a piece of poo poo. Whatever vestigial guilt you seem to be having clearly isn't changing your behaviour. Why are you even married? You clearly don't give a poo poo about that relationship.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe the 40 year old guy with the wife who won't put out should just think about his 20 year old coworker while he jacks off into a latex foot thing. Don't they say fantasies are harmless? Maybe his wife won't actually be unwilling to have sex forever, things change.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol at the cheating goon talking about what a great guy he is

Eat poo poo, retard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lrv confession is great and idk why it was posted anonymously

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Quote-Unquote posted:

Hmm no I think 'phantasm' is the wrong word. I think the word you're looking for is 'hallucination' or maybe 'lie'.

IT WAS A WEATHER BALLOON NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

"Cheating" isn't an addiction but sex can be. Go see a therapist before you ruin any more lives.

quote:

"yeah, I've still got it, I can pull these amazing looking women"

This is code for, "I have no self esteem so I seek validation in others to feel good about myself".

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
Cheating goon is a piece of poo poo. Don't cheat, shitheel. Divorce your wife so that she can go find someone who deserves her.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

cheating goon is your wife a real actual retard/mongoloid?

hmm my husband keeps leaving and gets phone calls and letters but wont tell me where hes going or what they are for

like are you just gone or incapacitated for hours and hours and your wife doesnt care?

pro tip buddy shes prolly hosed everyone on your block if shes somehow still with you

have fun with alimony

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i find hillary clinton attractive and i'm not entirely sure why

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jose posted:

i find hillary clinton attractive and i'm not entirely sure why

Anonymous confessions you fool! You fool!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she's going to be the most powerful person in the world soon

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Can't wait for another 8 years of Bill Clinton

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jose posted:

she's going to be the most powerful person in the world soon

Still a woman though sooooo:shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well thats why i find her attractive as i'm not gay

i guess i do know why then

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Holyshoot posted:

Can't wait for another 8 years of Bill Clinton

Does he still get to put the interns under the Oval Office desk or does he have to do it somewhere else?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
alimony is kinda a dead thing besides if fucker has a traveling job its pretty hard to tell unless he is an idiot.

on the other hand cheat-goon you really dont seem to have much actual remorse at all.

didnt learn or anything or it just get you all revved up to do it again?

you know, the more you get away with it the less cautious you'll be.

hell i was a piece of poo poo when i did that crap in retaliation

when you finally atom bomb your family and your blissfully unawares wife, you might have a decent idea of what "collateral damage" means for a civilian.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

loquacius posted:

Paranoid, fatalist goon

Dude, there are absolutely things that exist beyond our realm of comprehension. If you want to try to get to the root of your paranoia smoke some DMT and pay a visit to the next dimension. The only thing I think that's wrong with you is you're fixated on the wrong aspect of the pointlessness of our existence. Yes, you're going to die, yes the world is terrible but you can't control those things. Embrace your fleeting existence. Love your wife, love your kid, don't stress about politics on a global level. Just strive to live your life the best way you can and do things that make you happy. Also go to a therapist and maybe try some anti-anxiety meds.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Paranoid goon is probably smart enough to realize that his opinions about how worthless the world is, while somewhat true, are also the result of a broken brain with a chemical imbalance. Fix your brain chemistry, and you'll be much happier.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
get in the catacombs and drop lsd imo

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

get in the catacombs and drop lsd imo

The hundreds of hits of lsd he's apparently taken over his life are probably the main cause of his paranoia. Shattering your ego over and over can make you feel very small and worthless if you don't know how to handle it. Imho, he needs to switch to natural psychedelics / entheogens like shrooms or ayahuasca.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

cyberia posted:

The hundreds of hits of lsd he's apparently taken over his life are probably the main cause of his paranoia. Shattering your ego over and over can make you feel very small and worthless if you don't know how to handle it. Imho, he needs to switch to natural psychedelics / entheogens like shrooms or ayahuasca.

Maybe he should try heroin?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I didn't read the actual confession past like fifteen words

A Strange Aeon posted:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

A Strange Aeon posted:

Good advice in general tbh.

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

Has anybody referred him to TCC yet? They usually have a good handle on these kind of dilemmas.

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Are you guys recommending drugs to the mentally unstable confessor because flat out telling them to kill themselves would get you probated?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Are you guys recommending drugs to the mentally unstable confessor because flat out telling them to kill themselves would get you probated?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758527&pagenumber=176&perpage=40#post457072446

:thejoke:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I have the worst eating habits of anyone I know, and possibly anyone on these forums. Despite this - I constantly joke about how much I hate fat people and how easy it is to stay in shape. Here's a week in my life:

Monday Breakfast - Get 2 egg mcmuffins for breakfast, 2 hashbrowns, and down it all with a large coke.
Monday Lunch - Chinese Buffet. There's one close to the office and it's my treat for starting another week at work.
Monday Dinner - Stop at McDonald's on the way home, usually a combo and add a 20 piece McNugget to it.

Tues- Fri breakfast is usually about the same. I might change it up with BK or a box of donuts every so often.
Tues - Fri lunch is always fastfood. BK, McDonald's, Chick Fil A, or Arby's. Usually a combo meal with an extra side or 2, but I also might get 2 combos if I'm really feeling it.
Tues - Fri dinner is also fast food. On Wednesdays I play Super Trivia with my friend, and that's at Buffalo Wild Wings. I'll usually down 30-40 wings, some fries, and 5-6 beers at that. Maybe a dessert or 2 if we win.

Weekends are really bad. I like to cook a big breakfast myself. I'll make a giant pancake and purposely let it stay gooey in the inside. I'll eat that along with a few strips of bacon, some eggs (cooked in the bacon grease), sausage, and a coke to wash it all down. Lunch and dinner totally depend on the day, but it's usually fast food or on a rare occassion - something fancier like Applebee's or TGI Fridays.

Sometimes I order 2 meals and say one is to go, for my "friend who couldn't make it". That's a lie and I'll either eat it in the car, or have it the second I get home.

My big shame is I like to go to Sam's Club. They sell something called a Sampler Pie - it's enough for about 12 big slices of pie, and it's got Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, and Peach fillings split into 4 sides. I'll eat the whole thing along with a gallon of ice cream. Sometimes I get so hungry for it I'll eat in the parking lot of Sam's Club right after buying it. I keep silverware in my glove compartment for this reason.

I also snack a lot during the day and drink a lot of sodas. I don't buy much at the grocery store, but I'll go through about 8 2-liters of pop a week.

I haven't been to a doctor in 7 years, but I estimate my weight to be around 430 lbs right now. That's probably on the low side, I might be up over 500 at this point. I have no shame and don't really care - even when I use the mobility scooters at Wal-mart and get dirty looks.

I never married and probably won't at this point, so who cares. My job pays really well (about 65k a year) so I can easily afford all this, and there's no initiative for me to change.

I'd 100% believe the above if it weren't for the first paragraph making it sound like forum drama

quote:

My wife too has a serious problem with intimacy. I think that this is largely due to the fact that she was victim of sexual assault before I met her, and abused (physically, emotionally, and sexually as a child). Her problems were not helped by me early in our relationship (we've been together for almost 18 years). I was not nice back then, I know this, and even though it wasn't my intention, made her feel guilty about her previous intimate relationships.

In practice what this means is we have sex very rarely, right now it has been over a year. This goes in phases, sometimes we have what approaches a normal sex life, but other times we will go months and months without sex.

While I am sometimes resentful because of this, I would never leave my wife. The fact is, I love her, we have children together, and despite the fact that I am an atheist, I take my wedding vows very seriously. I knew what I was getting into when I asked her to marry me, and I knew that I meant it when I said "for better or worse" and "forever" when I took my vows.

So I empathize. The temptation to cheat happens from time-to-time, but I've never acted on it. She's even offered (without my prompting) to "open the marriage" for me if I felt that was what I needed on a couple of occasions. I said no both times, and would continue to do so.

This whole thing is burdensome on my psyche and our relationship from time-to-time; however, she is worth it to me. This makes it really irritating to me when I see other people on the forums try to talk openly about similar issues--either on EN or here--and to see the universal goon response be "divorce!"

Not that I do not think that divorce is a legitimate option for people in similar circumstance; however, for me, it is totally dependent on what is important to the person posting. I do not say anything in threads like this, because I know the goon response is going to be, "you should get divorced too, moron." But I think it is really worth trying to figure out what's going on with both partners before shouting "divorce them!"

This is probably why people should consider couples therapy and not look to goons for marital advice.

I mean obviously it's more of a problem for the other anon than you or he wouldn't be fixating on his hot coworker but diff'rent strokes etc :shrug:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lol at Mommy's Big Eater for whom regular trivia is simply inadequate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

loquacius posted:

Sometimes I order 2 meals and say one is to go, for my "friend who couldn't make it".

no one believes you fatboy

• Locked thread