Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CaseFace McGee posted:

OhsH....... wasn't high

uh there must be some mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
:siren: AMS 1.0 Celebration Race :siren:

Next Event:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

GhostDog posted:

Next Event:

GOOD NEWS GHOSTDOG!!!

It looks like they fixed the bullshit where you have to edit INI files~!

You can just set poo poo directly in create game! which is good for me because i dont do dedicated servers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For those curious about how AC is on the PS4:

Not exactly a looker, which is fine considering the PC version isn't exactly gorgeous either. It's obvious AC is cut down by some to run decently on the PS4. There is screen tearing and frame rate drops but nothing too egregious while hot lapping. I'll see how it is tomorrow in a full race.

Plays exactly like the PC so that's great news. The Red Pack or Japan pack aren't available as DLC quite yet. I really want the Red pack for the Ferrari F1 cars. I'm not thinking AC is going to have a very warm reception on the console because of how little of a game there is.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

GhostDog posted:

Next Event:

I might actually show up, assuming I buy the game tomorrow.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Since it came up on discord and they still haven't fixed that particular bug:

Sometimes when you leave the Automobilista, it fails to reset your steering wheel rotation to its default in the driver and leaves it at whatever the last car you drove had. This will probably gently caress with the next game you load up, so if your wheel feels suddenly strange, check your driver setting. I don't know if it happens to all wheel types.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yes this happened last night, I went from ams to irscing and for some reason the car was super twitchy...
Check your steering wheel control panels when you close ams people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Details on the new Fanatec CSL stuff.

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/529/csl-elite-wheel-base-pedals?new=1

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Seriously considering a CSL base. 6 Nm of torque at $300 (plus wheel rim cost) compared to ~7.3 with the ClubSport and 3.5 with my current CSR. I'm sure a ClubSport v3 is in the works that will offer 8+, but will still cost $600 at minimum and who knows when it may be available.

The new pedals look solid too, but I'm set there. Great value offered with this lineup, with shifter and handbrake also in the works.

I want to build an OSW, but a CSL base and rim would cost me $450-$650 for almost double the strength of my current setup... compared to, what, $1200-1500 plus assembly time and the need for a stronger cockpit which could cost a few hundred more.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
In one of the shouting matches between Thomas and the guy from Simvibe, Thomas hinted he could just make his own direct drive wheel that would be better than the Accuforce. That's probably what's next for the clubsport line. I like buying Fanatec stuff because it's what I have and they all work together. I'd be interested to see how their DD wheel would work and how they would get it to mount with their current mounting holes.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

I'm torn. They finally release something that's a reasonable replacement for my CSR with Xbox One compatibility right when Forza starts coming to PC where my old wheel works great.

On the other hand, more power and replaceable wheels...

Since I already have the CSR load cell pedals I'd only need the base and wheel, making it a $440 upgrade.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

wolrah posted:

I'm torn. They finally release something that's a reasonable replacement for my CSR with Xbox One compatibility right when Forza starts coming to PC where my old wheel works great.

Since I already have the CSR load cell pedals I'd only need the base and wheel, making it a $440 upgrade.

I'm drinking their kool-aid right up - just sent in my preorder for the base and rim.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'll probably grab those pedals in December, but the wheel is still way out of my price range.

Also, there's some preview shots of Brands and Cadwell in AMS out and they look pretty sweet.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'd recommend forcing the 69 Vintage cars, they drive slightly easier because of the wings.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wolrah posted:

Apex still doesn't have wheel support. Is Horizon 3 getting it?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

IceAgeComing posted:

I'd recommend forcing the 69 Vintage cars, they drive slightly easier because of the wings.

Yep.

Edit: Also please start up a bit earlier and check if your poo poo works :bigtran:

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 26, 2016

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I want to drive the poo poo out of Cadwell

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I've fixed my poo poo, don't worry :)

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I'll ask Ohsh to be on standby to yell at you regardless.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Norns posted:

Apex still doesn't have wheel support. Is Horizon 3 getting it?

They've announced that wheel support would be patched in to apex and it will be in horizon 3 from day one.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GutBomb posted:

They've announced that wheel support would be patched in to apex and it will be in horizon 3 from day one.

Awesome

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I've not seen these guys before. They look to have some beautiful stuff.

Check this out: http://www.ricmotech.com/default.asp

Discuss.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

A Thrustmaster reseller, they make a bunch of load cell and shifter mods, mostly for TM stuff. Never really heard anyone talk about their stuff unless they were being sponsored by them.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Tony Montana posted:

Discuss.

Their custom MOMO wheels do look pretty nice, but it would be rather important to know how much they weigh compared to the stock Thrustmaster wheels. I have used an authentic MOMO wheel with my T500rs (fitted with an adapter), but I went back to the stock steering wheel after a while, because the MOMO wheel was a bit heavier and so it muted the low forces a bit too much compared to the lighter stock wheel.

It was a really nice MOMO wheel, though. I'm keeping it until I can afford a direct drive wheelbase.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
T500 brethern! I thought you were all dead

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Sebastian Flyte posted:

Their custom MOMO wheels do look pretty nice, but it would be rather important to know how much they weigh compared to the stock Thrustmaster wheels. I have used an authentic MOMO wheel with my T500rs (fitted with an adapter), but I went back to the stock steering wheel after a while, because the MOMO wheel was a bit heavier and so it muted the low forces a bit too much compared to the lighter stock wheel.

It was a really nice MOMO wheel, though. I'm keeping it until I can afford a direct drive wheelbase.

I think I should add something about rim weight to the OP. For DD wheels it might not be that important because they have so much torque, but with "normal" wheels you do yourself (and the wheel's motor) a bit of a disservice by buying a heavy rim. One or two hundred grams won't have much of an impact, but for example the difference between the Fanatec BMW and Formula rims is 1kg (2.2 : 1.2), and that was very notable, to the point where I ended up selling the BMW.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

I'd recommend making the Formula Vintage race quite short; since we'll probably all crash anyway. Also don't turn the AI on since they don't crash, and therefore will win.

Also make sure to switch to either Standing or Formation/Standing; we tried the latter last night and if it wasn't for the AI it'd have worked quite well, lets you have a bit of heat in the tyres and brakes at the start.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Tony Montana posted:

Discuss.

My nice racing cockpit setup is built from their plans. I have no complaints. It looks good, it fits well.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
The Formula Gulf 1000 is a blast to drive. Pops and I were hotlapping around Dubai for an hour last night in PCARS and it might be my new favorite car. I'd never heard of this car before; it's basically a cheap Formula car powered by a 1000cc motorcycle engine.

They cost low 5-figures IRL so I wouldn't be surprised if OhsH buys one in a drunken frenzy to replace karting.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

That's one of my favorite racing cars in any game. It's particularly fun on the horse thief mile

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Shine posted:

The Formula Gulf 1000 is a blast to drive. Pops and I were hotlapping around Dubai for an hour last night in PCARS and it might be my new favorite car. I'd never heard of this car before; it's basically a cheap Formula car powered by a 1000cc motorcycle engine.

They cost low 5-figures IRL so I wouldn't be surprised if OhsH buys one in a drunken frenzy to replace karting.

if i ever make a terrible decision to have literally no money ever i'll just scale up the kart engine :twisted:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I won't be able to join this weekend because its my birthday and I will be karting. I do have an extra copy of automobilista so PM me if you need it.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I won't be able to join this weekend because its my birthday and I will be karting. I do have an extra copy of automobilista so PM me if you need it.

I don't have PMs, but I might buy this for a friend if the price is right.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Sorry, I already gave a copy away. I randomly picked a person this morning.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
No worries. I guess he'll have to buy it himself :P

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Sorry, I already gave a copy away. I randomly picked a person this morning.

This dude is rad as hell, thank you! Gonna see if I can get it installed in time for gooncar.

Evrim
Nov 15, 2005

yum!!
Fun race, that was a really cool combination. Hope we do more vintage in the future

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
now that I have an xbox controller, I finally gave Assetto Corsa a proper chance last night and it was actually kinda fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLGF_GVbyrA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtE7M0zCBn4

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Early notice, because I'm rather busy for the rest of the week and I might forget:

Next Event:

Also maybe check your performance quickly if you've never done night racing in AMS, drop to HIGH shadows if you have problems. It shouldn' really be an issue with the Marcas, but you never know.

Edit: I also changed the server password, because some people didn't want to type so much. And also I forgot about the other one.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

GhostDog posted:

Early notice, because I'm rather busy for the rest of the week and I might forget:

Next Event:

Also maybe check your performance quickly if you've never done night racing in AMS, drop to HIGH shadows if you have problems. It shouldn' really be an issue with the Marcas, but you never know.

Edit: I also changed the server password, because some people didn't want to type so much. And also I forgot about the other one.

Hell yes, should be fun!

Gonna need to test with front end damage, see if I can survive lapping with no headlights after the likely early-race carnage