Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
I knew that theres a warning message if your team has three snipers on it, but today i learned that if there's four the message turns gigantic and red in a last ditch to save your team from itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Fibby Boy posted:

60 for both so I can sorta keep up with Genji when he's jumping everywhere.

I've been floating between 50-60 lately and feel much more positive about making gradual adjustments at a faster pace.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DolphinCop posted:

I knew that theres a warning message if your team has three snipers on it, but today i learned that if there's four the message turns gigantic and red in a last ditch to save your team from itself

It could physically slap them in the face and people would still do it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Maybe symmetra can have debuffs and buffs?

i mean no one buffs teammate defense right now.
No one lowers enemy attack.

Turrets hit stat reduced by 40%-50% for a few seconds?

I mean she helped build numbani. They can get a bit more creative.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think it's reasonable for the autistic character to be incredibly tedious to play well

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Change her E to building a temporary ladder for her and her team to get up to high spots.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I usually dread it when I notice I'm in a full pub group and the other team is a 5-stack and a pubbie. This time it went really well on Route 66; almost held us off the second point, and I saved the game by zooming up to the payload to trigger overtime with transcendence. I also got a lot of eliminations. :toot:

The 5-stack immediately left the game when we won.

I'm going to miss having my orbs make tanks disappear so fast. I love killing roadhog because he is a poo poo character and I don't like him. Being able to utterly overpower his self-heal with discord felt good.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

Fabricated posted:

I'm going to miss having my orbs make tanks disappear so fast. I love killing roadhog because he is a poo poo character and I don't like him. Being able to utterly overpower his self-heal with discord felt good.

I haven’t played on the PTR yet, but I play a lot of Zen and I’m cautiously optimistic.

Since they buffed his primary fire, you’ll still be putting out roughly the same damage as before, and (as I understand it) the projectile hitbox change applies to him too. So, if anything we’ll be melting through his self-heal even faster now :)

...until their hanzo blind-fires three feet to the side of you and you die :(

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
lmao they have to be kidding with this 5 digit Sombra timer.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
ARGs are cute but I'm glad there's other people around to care about them and can work them out for me.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

I usually dread it when I notice I'm in a full pub group and the other team is a 5-stack and a pubbie. This time it went really well on Route 66; almost held us off the second point, and I saved the game by zooming up to the payload to trigger overtime with transcendence. I also got a lot of eliminations. :toot:

The 5-stack immediately left the game when we won.

What CORN NOG said. As a teamwide buff discord is losing some of its punch (though let's be honest, an effective team wide 30% bonus to "gently caress that guy over there" is still pretty good) but Zen himself is receiving a damage buff AND bigger hit boxes for easier headshots so it just means that when you meet the Roadhog on the road you'll have to kill him yourself.

Semper Fudge posted:

lmao they have to be kidding with this 5 digit Sombra timer.

On the one hand it's kind of funny that Blizzard is trolling the people losing their goddamn minds over this, on the other hand despite what Family Guy would have you believe jokes don't actually get funnier the longer you drag them out.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Kai Tave posted:

On the one hand it's kind of funny that Blizzard is trolling the people losing their goddamn minds over this, on the other hand despite what Family Guy would have you believe jokes don't actually get funnier the longer you drag them out.

Yeah I think they're just buying time. People think there's some kind of countdown they can measure but it's just a dude updating the percentage and adding MYSTERIOUS COMMENTS at whatever arbitrary time and the audience drums up hype by trying to figure out THE SECRET behind it all. It's not like there's something actually counting down here.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah I think they're just buying time. People think there's some kind of countdown they can measure but it's just a dude updating the percentage and adding MYSTERIOUS COMMENTS at whatever arbitrary time and the audience drums up hype by trying to figure out THE SECRET behind it all. It's not like there's something actually counting down here.

Part of me is wondering if Blizzard ran out of ARG earlier than they thought they might and now they're just stalling for time, but then again they basically had to tell the people trying to crack this thing like it's the Enigma cypher to stop turning compressed skybox textures into songs so I can't tell who under- or overestimated who here.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Every single step has just culminated in a ciphered message saying "Hi its me Sombra", so I'm willing to lay it at Blizzard's feet for lack of effort. They've got someone having fun creating clues, but nothing interesting for the clues to point to.

We know they're just going to reveal and release Sombra with proper fanfare whenever she's complete, so it's going to be pretty weak-sauce if their ARG provides absolutely no extra hints or goodies between now and then.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Just have her release more info on the rest of the cast. Not even like plot stuff, just gossip. Who's dating who? What's in Reaper's search history? What's Widowmaker selling on Etsy?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Just have her release more info on the rest of the cast. Not even like plot stuff, just gossip. Who's dating who? What's in Reaper's search history? What's Widowmaker selling on Etsy?

Honestly this would be all they'd need to do to keep the hype train rolling, just use the ARG to dole out little tidbits of lore, stuff that hints at why Overwatch got shut down, what Blackwatch was up to, what various characters were doing after Overwatch disbanded, etc. People would go absolutely apeshit for it. Watching numbers slowly change? Ehhhhh.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I need another handcrafted purple throw pillow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mei should be able to freeze and shatter the basketballs in the drop ships.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

I agree, in keeping with her theme she should be able to ruin everyone else's fun even more.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

chumbler posted:

"You are the worst team mom Mei"

Kai Tave posted:

I agree, in keeping with her theme she should be able to ruin everyone else's fun even more.

Mei's ult is now replaced with forced monopoly game night, with her as the banker.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Man remember when Overwatch was new and everybody was like "aw Mei is so adorable, our world is worth fighting for" and now she's just basically the worst in every sense of the word.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
I just got the 20-kill streak achievement as Zarya. I love it when you have both a Winston and a Genji who are super-aggressive but not in a stupid way. Makes up for all those times when the only one with any balls is the loving Mercy.

It was on PTR though... will it carry over?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chumbler posted:

can she do the next best thing and icewall the basketball hoop ring?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mei should be able to freeze her own teammates

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
sometimes those orange latency and packet loss icons just like to light up and ruin my gaming. i dont think its my isp/hardware because i can ping every other website other than blizzard stuff just fine...

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Solution to a Symmetra redesign; remove all of her current abilities and replace them with a portal gun.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Simplest solution for Symmetra would be to just make the lovely shield thing passive aka automatic, and give her E something even remotely interesting in an offensive sense.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

Change her E to building a temporary ladder for her and her team to get up to high spots.

This would be pretty cool. It would give people a reason to play her on attack apart from the lol factor, and I can think of a whole bunch of maps it would make more tolerable.

lfield
May 10, 2008
I like the idea of ditching her applied shields but letting her turrets heal or shield allies. & maybe let her drop her teleporter pad whenever and just have her Q activate it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

make her turrets into stylish hats for her teammates to wear

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
How prevalent is cheating in Overwatch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP9_ptb61EI

I'm not making accusations or anything... But still.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Zephyrine posted:

Pressing Q blindly at the payload is a sign of cheating? Half the player base do that.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Mega Comrade posted:

Pressing Q blindly at the payload is a sign of cheating? Half the player base do that.

It's still a question. I have no idea what the truth is.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Mega Comrade posted:

Especially as Hanzo. Now that d.va is popular he can poo poo out ults like crazy because you don't even have to worry about her being a threat at close range when she flies at you, fire two fully charged arrows into her headshot hitbox and a scatter arrow at her feet when she leaves the mechanic.

Zephyrine posted:

It's just luck, I too blind fire ults at the cart all the time so I can start charging my next ult ASAP.

Even more when I'm in a spot behind the objective where they won't notice it before they can start moving.

Shitty Wizard fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Aug 27, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zephyrine posted:

Cheating is prevalent, but that one was just a lucky blind shot at the cart

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Zephyrine posted:

I think at least half the players in overwatch are using some kind of cheat but can't be sure. Like I played before season 1 and people seemed pretty clueless as to what to do, could pretty much destroy people as genji and phara on all maps cause no one was able to see you and if they did they couldn't aim for poo poo lol. As soon as season 1 competitive hit people suddenly became pro players, people had perfect map awareness, could see you as soon or even before you stuck your head out. Were able to hit 99% of the time, even long range Mei or Torbjorn, I even had bastion shooting at me from behind glass as soon as as I came into view. Was just super weird.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Zephyrine posted:

Even if that Hanzo knew where that payload was how could he have known there would be two people on it? Why would he chance spending his ult if he didn't know they would be there? Could he make that same play on a fresh PC installed by a third party?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything I'm just asking questions.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Most I have ever died it has been to a cheater to be honest. Weirdly I haven't gotten any cheaters on my team only poorly playing non cheaters that I have to carry. Strange bad luck really.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
generally speaking if you fire a dragons at the payload mid-firefight and you don't at least inconvenience the attacking team they're playing badly enough it doesn't really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Every time I die it's because of a cheater. They are really keeping me down.