Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

lobatos stats don't look too crazy and i would be ok with rodgers putting up those numbers if that's on the very high side for him, and the packers coach has like 80/20 in favor of passing on that slider.

not pictured - Matt Ryan throwing 615 yards and 3 TDs against the packers secondary in that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dubious posted:

not pictured - Matt Ryan throwing 615 yards and 3 TDs against the packers secondary in that game

oh boy.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Is there a dedicated Madden thread in Games or something or is this it? It's been out 48 hours and I'm curious to read about all the broken poo poo in it and the online fuckery that's already occurring.

You're so fuggin crazy I love it

I think I will post my fantasy team in games

SCROLL UP

jabro posted:

This is it. All sports games are in here.

No no no I need to post about sports with the fat nerds who use jock unironically instead of the fit nerds

I need a thread about the game that's not literally the thread about the game

Oberst fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 25, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

PYF FANTASY LINEUP

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Question: in Madden 16 I got three or fours years into a franchise as a coach and he CPU decided to renovate my stadium. I play as the bucs so that meant no more pirate ship. Is there anyway to prevent that happening without playing as an owner? I think I turned off relocations but I guess a renovation doesn't count for that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Patch out yet?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Patch out yet?

look deep within your soul and you'll know the answer

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So I got the game yesterday and I like it quite a bit, but it crashes a lot. It seems like the game has trouble transitioning from simming to "Playing the moments" because 80% of my crashes come after I choose to play a moment. The camera comes up in the broadcast position then... nothing.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Hello, it's me. The guy who bought Madden 17 for Xbox One. gently caress a PS4 bitch. Any goons that are up for some friendly Internet gridiron matches PM me your gamer tag.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011

Epi Lepi posted:

Question: in Madden 16 I got three or fours years into a franchise as a coach and he CPU decided to renovate my stadium. I play as the bucs so that meant no more pirate ship. Is there anyway to prevent that happening without playing as an owner? I think I turned off relocations but I guess a renovation doesn't count for that.

No, but what I think you can do is start off with creating a coach for the team you want to run, then switch your control to the owner of that team and set most of the options to automatically do most things. You still get all of the control of the coach and can still upgrade their XP attributes but it will give you control of the bigger decisions. I'm actually only like 50% sure this is possible but from what I remember from 16 was that the owner mode was the same as coach just with a few more options. I imagine the way that it will work in 17 is that it will be a "big decision" that will pop up.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Always play owner mode. There's no reason not to unless being john harbaugh arouses you

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Oberst posted:

Always play owner mode. There's no reason not to unless being john harbaugh arouses you

I'd rather be John Harbaugh than a concession stand tycoon.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Oberst posted:

Or if you don't like messing with the broken financial system.

Also the wind arrow pointing the wrong direction bug is still in there because EA just don't give a gently caress.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Hello, it's me. The guy who bought Madden 17 for Xbox One. gently caress a PS4 bitch. Any goons that are up for some friendly Internet gridiron matches PM me your gamer tag.

enjoy your wasteland of goon madden lmao

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's ok he's already used to a wasteland of everything else.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I'd rather be John Harbaugh than a concession stand tycoon.

I like you now

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Or if you don't like messing with the broken financial system.

Also the wind arrow pointing the wrong direction bug is still in there because EA just don't give a gently caress.

Never had a problem playing owner and having plenty of money, and I never touched any pricing or financing options

EA doesn't give a gently caress about anything except $$$. All new R2 to run faster. All new slightly less terrible menus. *releases game with literal multiplayer breaking bug in a game that is worthless without multiplayer because we need to sell fake cards* :dice: , but :ea:

Hell screw it, I like all of you

Oberst fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

enjoy your wasteland of goon madden lmao

is there a xbone goon league???

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
I blocked a FG in overtime and ran it back for the win so I like the game again.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Oberst posted:

Apparently not :argh:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Be the change you want to see.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

zimbomonkey posted:

So I got the game yesterday and I like it quite a bit, but it crashes a lot. It seems like the game has trouble transitioning from simming to "Playing the moments" because 80% of my crashes come after I choose to play a moment. The camera comes up in the broadcast position then... nothing.

Yeah, this one seems to freeze up a hell of a lot more than any Madden in a few years. Just trying to do the first practice before the first preseason game, it would freeze in the loading screen every single time, with music still playing and the loading icon moving, but stuck there for four or five minutes before I'd kill the game. I only got past it by doing the first round of cuts (Something I know I didn't have to do in previous editions) and then it finally went on more or less fine. Now, however, it freezes up fairly often when I try to manually save franchise mode probably about a quarter of the time. Auto-save has made it so I haven't lost anything really meaningful, but it's still a headache.

The only other Madden I recall being this prone to freezing was one in the 10-12 range (I forget exactly which) that had a nasty tendency to lock up on post game loading screens, before you could save (Or auto-save would work, if whichever edition it was had that), and then would also freeze up during the post-Super Bowl animations, so I remember having to play the Super Bowl two or three times and then frantically spamming the A button to skip the cut scene so I could get back to menu and save it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm weak. Just bought a copy used. Only $56! :downs:

Edit: The intro game casually shows the Bengals losing a wildcard game in the ticker. :smithicide:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 27, 2016

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Oberst posted:

lol The reason I started the PS3 league was because the 360 people were talking poo poo on how a PS league would never last a season.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

:thejoke:

Every two months one of you babbys asks this and never has the impetus to do it yourself

jabro posted:

lol The reason I started the PS3 league was because the 360 people were talking poo poo on how a PS league would never last a season.

Lol and then in 2012 we had 7 combined seasons

Owned shitbox bitches

davecrazy posted:

Be the change you want to see.

I'm excited for you to post this again in a week and for no one to do it again. Rinse repeat

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Edit: The intro game casually shows the Bengals losing a wildcard game in the ticker. :smithicide:

I'm Glad The Bengals Lost

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Oberst posted:

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oberst posted:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

warcrimes posted:

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

I mean technically it's true cause the Bengals have yet to play football this season and this IS a different subforum

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Does anyone play Madden Mobile? I got a league invite and it made me think that I'd rather play goons than anyone else.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

A few guys here do.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
madden mobile leagues are not anything like console leagues and you cant invite goons only unfortunately

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eifert Posting posted:

let me know what you think of franchise. if it's good i'll get it for $53.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Oh man I found a weird glitch in CFM. I offered a trade to another team (a late pick for a safety) and the CPU promptly declined so I went to sign an FA instead. Looking at my roster to compare, I noticed that I actually DID have the player I tried to trade for AND I retained the pick I offered. So I essentially got a free player. Hurray?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

let me know what you think of franchise. if it's good i'll get it for $53.

Will do. You can edit ages now in Madden franchise mode... So tempted to live my dream of having Whitworth stay 23 forever. :allears:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Dubious posted:

madden mobile leagues are not anything like console leagues and you cant invite goons only unfortunately

I know you can name your league - can you screen applicants?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Darth Brooks posted:

I know you can name your league - can you screen applicants?

nope, you spend the coins, name your league, and wait for pubs to fill it up. Oh, what could have been for our commutes :rip:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

warcrimes posted:

I'm glad that kid died

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man MUT is weirdly tough/fun. The last time I played Madden I bought it after Christmas and there was obviously a ton of power creep in the cards by that time and goons pretty much gave me a full gold team in a week. Now at launch I'm making GBS threads around with a 71 OVR team with a bronze QB I've never heard of starting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any sliders for passing? Seeing the same issue where 4th string QBs in the preseason are laser accurate for user and CPU.

Oberst posted:

I'm glad that kid died

Buddy you don't need to misquote me to find dumb things I've said. 8.33 posts per day since March of 2007.

• Locked thread