Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Local acquaintance was recently banned. Says he was using a scanner on a different phone but because that phone had no sim/data he was using wifi from the phone he plays from to connect it. Lost both accounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

gently caress you Queefairy stop batting my balls away you bitch

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I caught a 408 charmander in the Goodwill parking lot with my last pokeball, redemption?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Space Skeleton posted:

Local acquaintance was recently banned. Says he was using a scanner on a different phone but because that phone had no sim/data he was using wifi from the phone he plays from to connect it. Lost both accounts.

Heaven forbid anyone not in a major metropolitan city center catches anything but loving rats, rat birds, and bee babies

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I spent 28 berries and a combination of 28 great and ultra balls catching a 719 cp Blastoise

it had bite

And still I am jealous of your pokedex entry :negative:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

We've got two people that post in here who have dropped ~$40 and got bant!

I was just restating what a bunch of people here were saying before the first bans happened.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

BrianBoitano posted:

And still I am jealous of your pokedex entry :negative:

Don't be, I already evolved a Blastoise last night, the culmination of 7 weeks of effort and 125 candies into another useless bite machine

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps
Has anyone had a main account banned where the only thing you did was use a desktop scanner (using one other account) that used the same IP address?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

something posted:

Welp, had to happen eventually. Gyarados #2 was a twister. Promptly transferred his rear end, he's less than useless.

Was this before or after you threw your phone against a wall?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You have to curve the evolve button to get good moves and release when you have small circle. I will post a guide to cure the move curse.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Try force closing the app and reopening between evolves. With a recent gen phone you can get like 100+/half hour.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Snowy posted:

I made a ptc account to use with the desktop scanner, so now I have to log into the game with that account before it'll work with the scanner, right?

I'm not the most tech-savvy, but I was able to get bluestacks running on my computer to emulate an android with the game on it easily enough. That's how I've been clicking TOS on my scanner accounts.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Evilreaver posted:

It's called the 'touch screen' it literally knows exactly when you release the ball because it has to in order to animate it jesus christ if people are actually this stupid

e: not you specifically, the strawman we're referencing

It's no strawman, friend.

Escobarbarian posted:

However I also think the game is deliberately coded to have a Pokemon jump or attack immediately after you stop pressing the screen to throw about 40% of the time, so I might be a bit of a Niantic conspiracy theorist. But also saying it's just a coincidence would be incredibly naive.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I caught Dragonite today. Easily the hardest to catch. Most balls didn't even reach him. I had to huck the gently caress out of them to get there and due to the stupid swipe function, this didn't even work most of the time. 50 balls later, I have a Dragonite.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My personal conspiracy: almost every time I've encountered a high level, dark red pokemon, I've caught it without fail. Usually with the first ball I throw. This happens so much I've started to think the game gives you a bonus chance to catch anything you don't have the dex data for.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

I caught Dragonite today. Easily the hardest to catch. Most balls didn't even reach him. I had to huck the gently caress out of them to get there and due to the stupid swipe function, this didn't even work most of the time. 50 balls later, I have a Dragonite.

My mom saw a Dragonite in her apartment but didn't have any Poke balls to catch it.

Nowa
Mar 20, 2006

...a gulliver of dreams.
Oh cool, not sure when this was added but you can see hatches in your Journal. For all those goons reporting missing eggs/hatches: check your Journal!

It doesn't include the # of candy and dust that came with it, which is too bad, but it's progress!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Hadaka Apron posted:

My mom saw a Dragonite in her apartment but didn't have any Poke balls to catch it.

drat, here I was happy with a Tauros and a Charmeleon.

There are Growlithes almost as much as Pidgeys around here. loving dogs! But Rapidash is the worst for missed balls. drat that horse.

Local park about 10 minutes from me is a Magicarp farm. I caught about 6 this morning. So if I catch 6 every morning every day until the spawn changes, I will have a Gyrados by Halloween.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nowa posted:

Oh cool, not sure when this was added but you can see hatches in your Journal. For all those goons reporting missing eggs/hatches: check your Journal!

It doesn't include the # of candy and dust that came with it, which is too bad, but it's progress!

Isn't it a uniform number by egg km distance? Like, all 2km give 7 candies or something? :confused:

Hrist fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 27, 2016

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Internet Kraken posted:

My personal conspiracy: almost every time I've encountered a high level, dark red pokemon, I've caught it without fail. Usually with the first ball I throw. This happens so much I've started to think the game gives you a bonus chance to catch anything you don't have the dex data for.

I have had this exact same experience, I'm convinced that there's a "first encounter" bonus

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My 140 CP Magikarp with 96% IV evolved into a 1500 CP Gyrados with bite and hydro pump. Good?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Sounds good to me tbh, could it have had a dragon type secondary?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

That's probably the best Gyarados unless you wanted it to have a dragon move, which would be Dragon Pulse as a charge move.

It only has Bite as its normal move now since the nerf (used to be able to get Dragon Breath which is dragon type and also pretty high dps) and the three charge moves it can get is Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, and Twister which is the shittiest one possible.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Why would you nerf Gyarados? Hard to get and wasn't that awesome a fighter in the first place. Niantic please. :shrug:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Probably unfairly nerfed thanks to cheaters even though you'd think they'd do that instead to Dragonite. At least in my area anyway. I can only guess Gyarados showed up more in screenshots when people reported cheaters with them decked out to like 2700 CP or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Niantic pushed a patch but didn't give the rest of the world SFs tracking feature.

Niantic is in SF.

gently caress Niantic.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Willsun posted:

That's probably the best Gyarados unless you wanted it to have a dragon move, which would be Dragon Pulse as a charge move.

It only has Bite as its normal move now since the nerf (used to be able to get Dragon Breath which is dragon type and also pretty high dps) and the three charge moves it can get is Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, and Twister which is the shittiest one possible.

Nice thanks. Was asking mostly because I know they nerfed his dragon moveset and I was curious if this moveset was decent relative to the nerf. Glad I don't have to gring another 400 candies, gently caress that.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!
Welp I had a good day. I got to my farming place around 6pm, but only one triple lure spot was activated the whole night. Still, I made it my mission to catch as many machops as possible and got 20, since they seem to spawn every half hour in 3 or 4 different areas. I also encountered a welding buddy from school so that was cool. And some guys were using tracking apps and running around the grounds, I followed them and got a 1754 slowbro with confusion/water pulse (ugh) and later, a cloyster (no razz and only pokeballs, it ran) on the way to a squirtle. Actually got four squirtles tonight.

Great ball/ultra ball rates can suck my dick. Especially when you use all 4 ultra balls on a pokemon that just bats them away. And then waste 10 more great balls before it vanishes. I spam pokeballs and somehow never run out, but I always need specialty balls, and they always seem to get wasted. Niantic why.

more data on IV/pokedex bug for nonbelievers.

oh oh and i'm getting super good at excellent throws. got two in a row on a zubat that still broke out of them and got captured on a nice miss. once you get consistent with an angle it seems relatively straight forward. probably got 20 or 30 excellents, only a dozen actually counted as captures.

edit: vvv word whatsup guy

edit2: noooo bullet punch submission. worst moveset for machamp. wtf, steel move?

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 27, 2016

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Eyochigan posted:

Welp I had a good day. I got to my farming place around 6pm, but only one triple lure spot was activated the whole night. Still, I made it my mission to catch as many machops as possible and got 20, since they seem to spawn every half hour in 3 or 4 different areas..

Machop farm.....The Forks in Winnipeg?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I've had a good time not playing this game anymore. In particular, I like going outside without staring at my phone constantly and playing better games at home.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

I just had a bad time playing this game. some turd in the middle of nowhere decided to get out of bed to take one of my gyms in the other town before I could cash out.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mills posted:

Why would you nerf Gyarados? Hard to get and wasn't that awesome a fighter in the first place. Niantic please. :shrug:

Funny isn't it when Vaporeon is stronger and arguably easier to get. It's the Diablo 3 dev equivalent of not understanding their own game.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Heaven forbid anyone not in a major metropolitan city center catches anything but loving rats, rat birds, and bee babies

Even for a major city like Singapore the third party radars are the only thing that keeps this game alive. Niantic seems bent on burying the game under so many layers of stupid RNG to squeeze P2W water out of an already dry rock while thinking there's no way to make the playerbase implode. Dream the gently caress on if they think charging $1 per 30 mins to lure nothing but Pidgey/Rats/Weedles #12092039402 is a sustainable business model.

I literally caught more Snorlaxes than Ponytas and Geodudes which are next to non-existent despite being basic battle-useless pokemon. For a start, as least make most basic unevolved pokemon just as common as the usual rats.

Palladium fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 27, 2016

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
^^^ I have three Golems and five Rapidashes. I do not have a Cloister or tentacool. Just depends on where you live?

Also, how is everyone finding all these Blastoises, Charizards and Dragonites? I'm level 25 and the highest evolved mon I've found has been is an Electrode.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Are pgnexus and pogobag still okay to use or is the ban threat just as high as using a tracker?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Neeksy posted:

Are pgnexus and pogobag still okay to use or is the ban threat just as high as using a tracker?

according to theflyingexecutive you are already banned for thought crime

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator has been updated with the appraisal features if you want to narrow down some IVs without logging in.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

I was about to look for something like this. Pokemon type chart.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

A good writeup about gym defenders and *TIERS*: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/gym-defenders-tier-list

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Eyochigan posted:

E: never mind, they updated it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Eyochigan posted:

Chart is missing Haunter. Should be Ghost/Poison.

Wait is this just for the top of each evolution chain?

E: Yeah I'm dumb :downs:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 27, 2016

• Locked thread