Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

Don't you just hate THAT guy at your job? You know the one! He's always leaving a dirty coffee cop in the break room!

*audience laughs tentatively*

You know the guy, you go to lunch and he's at his desk carefully stacking all his pens into a perfectly-balanced vertical tower...

*one guy in the audience just really starts busting up*

You know, you know, yeah, I can see you in the front, you know what I'm talking about. The guy that merges into the wall every time there's cake in the break room, and he just sits there, just a pair of eyes staring out of the wall as his skin and veins spread out across it, you know the guy!

*the audience are laughing now, riotously, a clear, joyous laughter that sounds like music and spreads for miles*

Ugh, THAT guy, you ask him what he wants for lunch but he doesn't even hear you because he doesn't have any ears and the entire lower half of his body is spinning and spinning, it's like, woah, what is this, a laundromat?

*the audience are loving losing their minds, they're transcendent, their bodies have gone berserk flipping tables and smashing glasses but their souls are floating above the room*

And don't even get me started on taxes! Don't even get me started! Don't do it! Don't get me started! Don't let me get started! Don't start me! Do not allow me to begin, or to initiate, or to convey or discuss or present my opinions on taxes in any manner, any sort of tax, sales taxes

*the laughter carries to space*

property taxes

*humanity ascends to a single mind of energy*

income taxes

*the loud audience member from earlier becomes the leader of mankind*

estate taxes

*the comedian is the only man who stands apart from humanity, he remains on the stage, microphone in hand, a brick wall behind him, waiting to know when his time is up, but the rest of his kind journey beyond the stars*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't you just hate THAT guy at your job? You know the one! He's always leaving a dirty coffee cop in the break room!

You know the guy, you go to lunch and he's at his desk carefully stacking all his pens into a perfectly-balanced vertical tower...

You know, you know, yeah, I can see you in the front, you know what I'm talking about. The guy that merges into the wall every time there's cake in the break room, and he just sits there, just a pair of eyes staring out of the wall as his skin and veins spread out across it, you know the guy!

*the audience are laughing now, riotously, a clear, joyous laughter that sounds like music and spreads for miles*

Ugh, THAT guy, you ask him what he wants for lunch but he doesn't even hear you because he doesn't have any ears and the entire lower half of his body is spinning and spinning, it's like, woah, what is this, a laundromat?

*the audience are loving losing their minds, they're transcendent, their bodies have gone berserk flipping tables and smashing glasses but their souls are floating above the room*

And don't even get me started on taxes! Don't even get me started! Don't do it! Don't get me started! Don't let me get started! Don't start me! Do not allow me to begin, or to initiate, or to convey or discuss or present my opinions on taxes in any manner, any sort of tax, sales taxes

property taxes

income taxes

estate taxes

*the comedian is the only man who stands apart from humanity, he remains on the stage, microphone in hand, a brick wall behind him, waiting to know when his time is up, but the rest of his kind journey beyond the stars*

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
You ever wonder what it'd be like if we could understand what dogs are saying? I think it'd go a little something... like this *silently opens mouth wider and wider, revealing a gaping maw of lamprey-like teeth*

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FactsAreUseless posted:

property taxes

income taxes

estate taxes

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

jeff smisek

What on earth

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

jeff smisek posted:

What on earth

That guy, at your job.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

----------------

alnilam

That guy at your job is the lynchpin of this world, perhaps all worlds

Android Blues

i hate when he brings up politics in the work place. like, when he says that the norn stones have been gathered and his eyes begin to vacillate on a spectrum only semi-visible? and then he's all, but you know the REAL people who should have been gathering the norn stones are the turks? and you can't even say "that's racist" because you're too busy gazing into the eternal wells of his horrible eyes?

Android Blues

I try to decry the casual sexism of my shift supervisor, who is that guy at my job, but I am too busy being tumbled into the vast expanse of his tundra maw like a rock being hurtled through the grip of an avalanche. Typical Tuesday for me.

Android Blues

My coworker offers me a donut. I bite into it. The donut is stale. I turn to him and his face is alight with a murderous glee at the sight of a frog he is vivisecting on the tips of his fingers. Sigh. Looks like my grievance won't get a look in, as usual.

Android Blues

I show up at my house, and my mother in law is there. Uh oh. I know I'm in for it now. You, the audience, understand: she's like a woman, but not one I have any sort of direct family or romantic tie to, but I still have to be around her. Anyway, that's not even the worst of it. Soon she begins to eat me from the legs up. Worse, my wife refuses to take my side. I see samsara reflected in the whites of her eyes as my neck passes through the torsions of her throat. Typical Tuesday for me.

FactsAreUseless

Has that ever happened to you? You guys know what I mean? Fellas? Ladies? Anyone? Is there anyone out there with whom I share this experience, or any experience? Please. The stage is so cold. The stage is so lonely. I can't see you, you know. The spotlight is blinding. Are you even out there? Please tell me that's happened to you, that you've been there, that you get what I'm saying. Please. Someone, anyone.

And another thing, what's up with that last tiny slice of pizza?

google THIS

And what is the deal with airline food? I mean, you eat it, and next thing you know you want to eat the intestines of anyone who doesn't laugh enough at your next set, just disemboweling them and slurping their entrails up like so much poo poo-filled spaghetti before leaving them to bleed out in the street, am I right? You feel me?

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

FactsAreUseless posted:

property taxes

income taxes

estate taxes

google THIS posted:

And what is the deal with airline food? I mean, you eat it, and next thing you know you want to eat the intestines of anyone who doesn't laugh enough at your next set, just disemboweling them and slurping their entrails up like so much poo poo-filled spaghetti before leaving them to bleed out in the street, am I right? You feel me?

FactsAreUseless

*while living Plato's allegory of the cave* What is the deal?

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Boy, i tell ya, I don't get no respect. Last week I told my psychiatrist I was thinking about suicide. He said "There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest— whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories—comes afterwards. These are games; one must first answer. And if it is true, as Nietzsche claims, that a philosopher, to deserve our respect, must preach by example, you can appreciate the importance of that reply, for it will precede the definitive act. These are facts the heart can feel; yet they call for careful study before they become clear to the intellect."

----------------

Robot Made of Meat

Airline food, am I right?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Captain Splashback

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Airline food, am I right?

you're right.

You all know THAT guy, ladies and gentlemen: HE uses up all the toilet paper in your workplace's one bathroom; HE shirks his duties to spend hours in that stall making jackson pollock feces art on the bathroom walls; HE finds new and innovative ways to piss off the janitors...

He's THAT guy, bless him. and where would we SA be without him, amiright?

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 27, 2016

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
remember that stuff that was popular before?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Me, working hard at my desk: "Hey, Joe, what are you doing over there?"

Joe: "Trying to alter space and time."

Me, under my breath and rolling my eyes, as the walls begin to shimmer and melt revealing the starry vault of eternity: "Sure you are..."

jeff smisek

mister magpie posted:

Me, working hard at my desk: "Hey, Joe, what are you doing over there?"

Joe: "Trying to alter space and time."

Me, under my breath and rolling my eyes, as the walls begin to shimmer and melt revealing the starry vault of eternity: "Sure you are..."

A Spider Covets

FactsAreUseless posted:

property taxes

income taxes

estate taxes

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Jerry is constantly folding in on himself, and he's doing it in a frankly impossible nine dimensions. He says its because he "likes me"and I'm creeped out by it, but maybe not enough to talk to him or HR. Also, I have no idea where his ears are at any given moment or if they are even in this universe.

google THIS

we all know THAT guy who takes the last coffee in the pot but doesn't refill it, and turns any living thing he touches into a desiccated corpse and doesn't refill them either

joke_explainer

That guy, at your job. Shirtless, in tights. He disarms you, hurls you across the room. Mercilessly beats you. You flee, fingers broken, ruined apartment block sending rivulets of water through the drywall and warped flooring as you scramble for cover. You hear him howling, animalistic, filled with fury and despair. You scramble to the rooftops and in desperation leap hoping to escape on a nearby rooftop, coming up far short and only barely hanging on for life on an exposed, slippery girder. He leaps over, near effortlessly, standing above you in judgement, before grabbing your hand and hauling you to safety, then sitting down to die. You've done a man's job today.

December Octopodes

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
You know there are times I worry that I am that guy, but then there's Newman. We're standing there talking at the water cooler and next thing you know he's bleeding from his eyes and chanting "The Far Prince comes!" again and again while his head spins. Plus he was in charge of the fantasy football league and definitely cheated so that Tina would win.

free Trapt CD

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
abbott: who's on first?
costello: yes
a: no, no, who's on first?
c: yes. it is a truth. it is seen
a: maybe you're not hearing me. who is on first
c: we know this to be true, kinsoul. Hü the Searcher is becoming on first base, the soft, powerful wave of his tulpa thoughtform gently enveloping the audience, and, little by little, humanity at large, in the quintessence of the knowledge that we are all one and always have been; that each of us is at once one and every; that every molecule of this universe and every other is a pearl radiating the possibilities of what has come and what will be; that at once, each of us is everyone and everywhere
a: ...
c: ...
a: so who's on second?
c: yes

~sig~

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

joke_explainer posted:

That guy, at your job. Shirtless, in tights. He disarms you, hurls you across the room. Mercilessly beats you. You flee, fingers broken, ruined apartment block sending rivulets of water through the drywall and warped flooring as you scramble for cover. You hear him howling, animalistic, filled with fury and despair. You scramble to the rooftops and in desperation leap hoping to escape on a nearby rooftop, coming up far short and only barely hanging on for life on an exposed, slippery girder. He leaps over, near effortlessly, standing above you in judgement, before grabbing your hand and hauling you to safety, then sitting down to die. You've done a man's job today.

----------------

treasure bear

You know that guy at work? He's mine. [holds knife in teeth and leaves via the window]

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

treasure bear posted:

You know that guy at work? He's mine. [holds knife in teeth and leaves via the window]

yells out the window after:

"This is not gonna look good on my resume!"

FactsAreUseless

Tip your waiter, everybody! *looks out over cow pasture*

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
if you dont know that guy at your job its probbly you

FactsAreUseless

[the slow yawning horror of realizing that nobody understands your jokes about your period because you are the only person on the planet who bleeds]

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FactsAreUseless posted:

[the slow yawning horror of realizing that nobody understands your jokes about your period because you are the only person on the planet who bleeds]

**runs around the office inappropriately screaming "Testicular torsion! Testicular torsion!" prompting people to Google it and groan outward moans of empathetic pain**

Nosfereefer

haha well what about thos bodily function guys, pretty gross and weird, huh??
*robot audience stares in silence*
woah, tough crowd

Victory Position

to break character, the big running joke is that NPR would eventually produce an NPR baby, born and raised, from NPR journo couples

I asked once back when I still in the business and all I got was nods and laughter

----------------

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

Iä! Iä! My mother-in-law fhtagn! Guys, you know what i'm talking about.

~sig~

FactsAreUseless

*standing in front of dark bathroom mirror* Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, amirite guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free Trapt CD

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

thanks for coming out this evening everybody. now i'd like to introduce you to my little buddy. *rolls up sleeve, exposing on his left bicep a twisted, contorted face, eternally screaming in pain* hahah whoa somebody's salty tonight

~sig~

• Locked thread