Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I have no problems with suspended players being on IR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know if ESPN will allow it, but no: by our rules, IR is strictly for players who have been placed on the NFL's Injured Reserve list. Note that this is different from the PUP list. See: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries/pup for a complete list... players marked IR can go on the IR, players marked PUP can't.

We can of course change our league rules. At this point, that requires more formal deliberation and voting, because it could be to some owners' advantage.

By our rules, you can put someone on or off IR at any time. Remember that being on IR saves you half of their salary cap, and frees up a bench slot. Bringing someone off IR prematurely doesn't really help you any, so I think typically you'd leave someone on IR as long as you can. However, as soon as the player is taken off the NFL IR list, you must move them to your roster, which may force you to drop a player in order to make space on your bench.

This is from way back first season, first page of the thread.

I guess i was wrong and couldnt put Greg Hardy on IR when he was suspended for the first four games.

I am phone posting, so really hard for me to link all relevant bits in the reply chain.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
So now I dont know what to do. If we have never been able to put someone suspended on the IR then we shouldnt allow it now.

Who held onto Pothead Gordon last year? He wasnt on IR right?

So I want to change my vote to a hard no. Still been outvoted, but its not how things were so to keep it from being a free slot to stash someone, I would rather make suspended guys take a bench slot.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 27, 2016

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Also no issues with suspended players being on the IR. I still love you Tom Brady.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Can we still trade players after keepers have been locked in?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

So now I dont know what to do. If we have never been able to put someone suspended on the IR then we shouldnt allow it now.

Who held onto Pothead Gordon last year? He wasnt on IR right?

So I want to change my vote to a hard no. Still been outvoted, but its not how things were so to keep it from being a free slot to stash someone, I would rather make suspended guys take a bench slot.

A lot of fantasy football players held Gordon through 2014, hoping he'd save their post-seasons, but I don't think any of us held him last year.

I'm still open to sticking with the old rule, but not if the majority supports a change.

atomictyler posted:

Can we still trade players after keepers have been locked in?

Yes, although you won't be able to drop players in order to make a trade work. For example, if you do a two-for-one trade of players, the team receiving 2 players would need to already have enough space on their roster to take them.

The purpose of locking the rosters is to ensure everyone has a chance to evaluate the players that are available to be drafted, before the draft next weekend. Doing trades doesn't change that.

e. Metapod, you are the last one that owes dues, and they're due by today. Just sent an email reminder as well.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 27, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll pay when I get back to my dorm

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, cool :)

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I think suspended players should require a roster spot. If they are worth keeping, they are worth paying in salary and using up a roster spot. If its a tossup for you, drop them and hope no one else picks them up.

We couldnt put suspended people on IR last year because its not an actual injury, so we should just keep the status quo in my opinion.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I'm on vacation and won't be able to check my phone often until Wednesday. It didn't look like I was getting any interest in Forte and I cannot have him on my roster when the draft comes so I dropped him. Is there anything preventing me from drafting him or otherwise picking him up again? His salary was the only reason I dropped him.

Mostly posting this so I don't potentially cause a commotion on draft night.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You can totally draft someone you dropped, to get a lower salary for them. That's legit.

Of course, you're picking 11th right now, so someone else might grab him ahead of you. If you don't want to risk that, you'd have to try and trade draft picks with someone to move up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Paid

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks!

And with that, all dues are paid up. And I made a tasty profit of six cents!

Don't forget to set your keepers, everyone!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Do I have to do anything other than cut people to set keepers?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

-Keepers also need to be selected by saturday night. Every player you didn't drop is probably a keeper, unless you're about to trade them. At the very top of the MFL page click Reports > Franchise > Keepers. Check all the boxes and then click Select Keepers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Thank you

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
oh poo poo I almost forgot to do that.

edit: why is that so hidden. some of the interface things on mfl are garbage

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 27, 2016

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
And the app is somehow worse

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Spermy Smurf posted:

I think suspended players should require a roster spot. If they are worth keeping, they are worth paying in salary and using up a roster spot. If its a tossup for you, drop them and hope no one else picks them up.

We couldnt put suspended people on IR last year because its not an actual injury, so we should just keep the status quo in my opinion.

In light of Spermy Smuffs digging and quoted post from last year, I will also change my vote to no suspended players on the IR. I somehow missed that post.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hixalot posted:

In light of Spermy Smuffs digging and quoted post from last year, I will also change my vote to no suspended players on the IR. I somehow missed that post.

OK. I understand the reasoning, and with two commissioners against - as well as throwing the previous vote, that pushes the triumvirate to "no."

I have reinstated the rule.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 28, 2016

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
What's going to happened to suspended players on our IR? Will we just not be able to make transactions (draft?) until they're moved?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, the system doesn't force you to remove them, but you can't make any other roster actions until you do.

In fairness you need to do that before the draft. In my case I had to clear salary cap space in order to take Bell off of IR, so it was critical to decide the issue before the keeper lock tonight.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

1017 BRICK SQUAD hasn't selected keepers.

Two other teams have one player each deselected as keepers. If the intent is to drop those players, that's fine I guess?

I am still trying to understand the instructions for doing keepers with a startup dynasty league - I did the event, the event should be over, but when I click to the keepers page, I just get the dropdown that lets me pick a team, and then I can see the keeper checkboxes, but there's no "process keepers" button like I was expecting.

The event shows as ending at 12:00 AM today, but I wonder if MFL's calendar interprets that as being "Sunday at midnight" instead of "saturday at midnight"?

e. No, when I'm logged in as an owner, the keepers page just shows everyone's keepers, that's what we should see with the event over. So then where's the effing "process keepers" button.

Also unless anyone strenuously objects, I'm going to designate all of 1017 brick squad's players as keepers. I wanted everyone to do it themselves becuase I wasn't sure if the system would let me do it myself as comissioner, but it looks like it does, so I'm not gonna punish one owner by dropping his entire roster to waivers the first year due to the confusingness of this system.

e2 Ohhhhhh. OK so the screen I see as a commissioner just shows exactly the same UI - a list of players with checkboxes and a "select keepers" button - but apparently this screen serves the function of "finalizing" the keepers thing. So I just need to return to that screen 12 times and click the button for each team and we're good.

loving weird!

OK so just to be 100% sure, I'd like to confirm:
First Down Syndrome: did you intend to not keep Ronnie Hillman?
I'm Pretty Garbage At This: did you intend to not keep Eric Ebron?

Everyone else is keeping all their players, so I'll process all the other teams now.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 28, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Yeah gently caress hillman. He may be cut.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK. I processed your team, and it does look like he got cut. But without a notification in the league activity notification list, which is interesting.

I also noticed that player salaries "stick" after the player is dropped. Hopefully they get reset when such a player is added - FAAB is set up to set salary based on what you paid for FAAB, but I'm not sure what will happen with the draft since I never saw a way to set salary by draft pick automatically. Presumably I'll need to manually enter player salaries during or (most likely) after the draft.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what the hell, i went through the keeper selection process yesterday afternoon

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

what the hell, i went through the keeper selection process yesterday afternoon

I guess it didn't stick? I dunno, whatever it took two seconds to do it myself so no worries. I'm not even cerain we had to do this keeper thing, I just didn't want to risk the system maybe dropping everyone's players when the draft started beacause we didn't mark them as keepers first.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
When are we drafting? 2nd or 3rd? I forget. I really need to put this on my calendar.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's the 3rd, but also, there is a Calendar thing on MFL:
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=79286&O=123&MONTH=8&YEAR=2016
That may prove useful for everyone to get familiar with.

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
Are those times Eastern?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I believe the times are displayed in whatever time zone you have set for your account. I have set mine to pacific, and it shows the draft as 9pm, which is what I intended: that's 6pm eastern.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I have set mine to pacific, and it shows the draft as 9pm, which is what I intended: that's 6pm eastern.

Are you in bizarro world?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009
I'm set to eastern and it's also showing 9pm.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Clearly, because it's definitely the opposite of what I said, which is to say, the calendar is 9pm Eastern and I live in the Pacific, where that will be 6pm.

Because time zones, yes.

...and that means MFL does not adjust the calendar for your time zone

:argh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wait its 6pm est not 9?

Let me update my calendar...

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone just tell me because I am more confused than normal now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is my fault and I'm sorry.

Our draft is at 9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific. I picked the earliest time I could that fit people's stated availability, on the assumption the thing could run a couple hours and people have to go to bed.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Huh. I was just testing to see if I can still drop guys with Bridewater down for the year... I sure can.

Thought they were locked, but I do want Rudolph dropped so is there a way to do it just before the draft or something?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hm.
Probably I screwed something up. I'll see if there's a lock I didn't set.

It sucks but no you're not supposed to be able to drop players the last week before the draft; the idea is that everyone has a consistent list of draft candidates so they can adequately prepare for the draft, no surprise new additions to make things difficult. You'll have to wait till after the draft - or package Rudolph into a trade with someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I'm Pretty Garbage At This: did you intend to not keep Eric Ebron?

Forgot to follow up on this, too.

Bloody, did you intend to drop Eric Ebron?

Hixalot and Spermy Smurf, I'm gonna figure out how to give you guys commissioner access. I'll be traveling September 8 through 16, so you'll need to be on duty for any issues that come up during that period.