Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Brown Moses posted:

This footage is so bad I'm surprised you can't hear them saying "pew pew pew"

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/769519905980948480

I'm the bed sheet used as cover.

What the gently caress was that supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm the bed sheet used as cover.

What the gently caress was that supposed to be?

Turkish supported FSA forces professionally clearing a town they just captured (even though it was pretty much empty).

New drone video from Aleppo showing a pro-government attack failing badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCVfKsLMOQ

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Booblord Zagats posted:

This is the GiP thread

Well that's embarrassing.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

No photos or video of this yet but I want this to really come to be.

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2016/08/boeing-wants-patent-fire-fighting-howitzer-round/130991/?oref=d-river

quote:

Boeing Wants to Patent a Fire-Fighting Howitzer Round

Dropping fire suppressant material out of planes and helicopters is still relatively inefficient, albeit safer and faster than relying on trucks and firefighters on the ground. Got a blaze stretching over 883 acres? It will take more than 34 hours to airdrop the necessary 360,000 gallons of fire suppressant, according to the National Wildfire Coordinating Group’s Incident Response Pocket Guide. “During the 34.3 hour time period, the relatively large 883 acre fire has potential to grow and burn an estimated 3,130 acres of land,” the application notes.

Instead, Boeing suggests, firefighters might get the job done faster by launching salvos of special 155mm shells from a dozen or more miles away. Packed with fire-suppressant material, the shells are fired from a field howitzer — perhaps BAE Systems M777 or one of the models from Swedish arms dealer Bofors. The shell releases its load over the fire thanks to “a device comprising a timer, an altimeter, an accelerometer, a global positioning device, a temperature sensor, a pressure sensor, or a distance measuring device.”

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
Enjoy some hot Kurd on indistinct M60 variant action.

It gets better than the first shot; keep watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCCju3WOOYY

Cabbage Disrespect fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 28, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Those rocketsmissiles are damned effective.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

The woman was initially reported missing, but the two-day search for her ended when dental pieces found at the scene of the explosion were discovered to be Roberts. 

God drat, that's a hell of a blast.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Brown Moses posted:

This footage is so bad I'm surprised you can't hear them saying "pew pew pew"

https://twitter.com/GissiSim/status/769519905980948480

So many muzzle sweeps :stare:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Brown Moses posted:

Turkish supported FSA forces professionally clearing a town they just captured (even though it was pretty much empty).

New drone video from Aleppo showing a pro-government attack failing badly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijCVfKsLMOQ

It's really getting to me how bleakly stupid this seems. Ride into battle over the squashed and mummified remains of your predecessors, flail around for a bit like a chicken sans head, die, get mashed into the pavement by your terrified ride. No end in sight. The only thing about this effort that isn't half-assed is the dying, that's for keeps.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
at this rate this war could literally go another 10 years. hell, probably longer.

seriously what on earth was the plan on that one? its baffling.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the saa seems real good at setting up in positions that expose themselves to enfilading fire

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
This war is like watching a poor player play X-COM: send in six dudes at a time and let's see what happens.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
According to one of the yt comments there have been 20+ attempts by assad forces to take the university in the past 14 days, with 1000+ dead.

mlmp08 posted:

This war is like watching a poor player play X-COM: send in six dudes at a time and let's see what happens.
To be fair, that is the correct way to play X-Com.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i wonder if were ever gonna get even close to an actual estimate of how many people got wasted in syria

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

aphid_licker posted:

It's really getting to me how bleakly stupid this seems. Ride into battle over the squashed and mummified remains of your predecessors, flail around for a bit like a chicken sans head, die, get mashed into the pavement by your terrified ride. No end in sight. The only thing about this effort that isn't half-assed is the dying, that's for keeps.

ThePastSixtyYearsInTheMiddleEast.txt

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i wonder if were ever gonna get even close to an actual estimate of how many people got wasted in syria

there probably wont be anyone left alive when its over so :confused:

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

One less than we originally thought.

:caro:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

it's turbo Bosnia, in HD

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

they should consider not doing it

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
What a lovely campfire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDYvs3N9nQ&t=632s

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Well they seem to be enjoying themselves

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

go3 posted:

Well they seem to be enjoying themselves

Anybody who doesn't think that that would be fun as gently caress is a liar.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Arab soldiers don't seem to lack for courage. If anyone managed to teach them about combined arms warfare and how to coordinate they might be dangerous to someone other than each other

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Scratch Monkey posted:

Arab soldiers don't seem to lack for courage. If anyone managed to teach them about combined arms warfare and how to coordinate they might be dangerous to someone other than each other

Ehhhh, heard a lot of reports from Saudi when their guys were running out of their M1A1s when they'd hear AK fire impacting on the hull and Iraqi soldiers surrendering their MRAPs to hilariously lightly armed ISIS fighters

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Ehhhh, heard a lot of reports from Saudi when their guys were running out of their M1A1s when they'd hear AK fire impacting on the hull and Iraqi soldiers surrendering their MRAPs to hilariously lightly armed ISIS fighters

those ISIS guys are arabs too

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hot Karl Marx posted:

those ISIS guys are arabs too

No they are terrorists (Non-Cobra) plz check privledge

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I heard we were arming Cobra to fight ISIS, c/d

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

I heard we were arming Cobra to fight ISIS, c/d

After the joint ops they did with our special forces to take down a drug cartel anything is possible

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

I like to imagine that during their celebratory song, they're also doing some kind of handshake thing.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cuSiVwxy9o

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

If they make that fire suppressant 155 shell a reality I'd be at risk of doing something stupid like enlisting again. Then maybe starting forest fires to try it out on though if California is in play I wouldn't have to...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
You can come to NY, our park forests have been burning off and on for a few years now.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
http://iscaliforniaonfire.com

we win

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I hope someone wasn't digging a pool

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I would cover that poo poo in glass and have it be a bad rear end backyard feature/tomb.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What is that he is holding?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

What is that he is holding?

a grenade

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I was trying to figure out what kind of grenade, but I'm lazy and out of coffee :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

I was trying to figure out what kind of grenade, but I'm lazy and out of coffee :(

It looks like some variation of the Type 67 Chicom stick grenade.

EDIT: But I'm not sure

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Looks like Ivan died completely chilled out.