Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Jesus, what size is anything? What perspective is anything? What kind of insane demon dimension is this where objects have no form or context?

Also the previous comic is gross and completely illogical, there's no entrance or exit wounds or anything. Why am I clicking this poo poo. Whhhhyyyyyyyyyy.

edit: Oh well that's just great just put that right at the top of the page why don'tcha.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

D1Sergo posted:

Also the previous comic is gross and completely illogical, there's no entrance or exit wounds or anything. Why am I clicking this poo poo. Whhhhyyyyyyyyyy.

If I recall correctly. the point is that the axe doesn't hurt a paladin.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

There's some sort of cursed paladin who killed goblin children or something. Goblins ask "how can he be a paladin", and a demon tells them "lol, u dumb", to which the goblins conclude that the paladin is actually good, and therefore, killing children is also good.

So the DM gets to decide what is evil in the end. Thunt thinks killing a dwarf child that was adopted by an ogre is not evil. And that killing a blind old goblin that literally can't hurt anyone is not evil.

In short thunt is not a person you want to be in a dark alley with. Dude can do mental gymnastics to convince himself of anything hosed up thing he wants to do.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

There's some sort of cursed paladin who killed goblin children or something. Goblins ask "how can he be a paladin", and a demon tells them "lol, u dumb", to which the goblins conclude that the paladin is actually good, and therefore, killing children is also good.

Was there at least some hint, or discussion between characters that alluded to the fact that a demon, aka "being literally made out of pure Evil and pure Chaos" might not be the most trustworthy source on how exactly paladin powers work?

Because if I was a paladin and a demon told me "hey you can totally massacre innocent children all you want because you are good, which makes killing children automatically a good act!", I uh, wouldn't trust him.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 27, 2016

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015

D1Sergo posted:

Jesus, what size is anything? What perspective is anything? What kind of insane demon dimension is this where objects have no form or context?

edit: Oh well that's just great just put that right at the top of the page why don'tcha.

I used to read it but long fell behind and don't care to catch up.

I think the Axe yellow gob passes through literally cannot hurt good creatures and phases through them, and at that point they're in a super evil city so it never comes up for whoever that guy who is fighting him(I have no memory) uses it on others, but uses on yellow gob, it's useless. So yellow gob steals it away. It also somehow gives him armor.

Axe that can't harm good creatures isn't a terrible item concept in itself. Shame about everything else.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Stop talking about Goblins and/or alignment. What is wrong with you people?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Earnestly posted:

Stop talking about Goblins and/or alignment. What is wrong with you people?

They're chaotic evil.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Their obsessive need to categorize and define despite any damage such actions causes makes goons Lawful Evil.

e: The only good nine point alignment system was Kobolds ate my Baby's.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 27, 2016

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

New one!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New one!

e:fb

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

But where is the playground?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Under attack? More like over attack.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Stop being dicks, giants

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Ice Giants are Lawful Evil, they can't help it.

Not because they're evil, but because attacking a pirate airship is clearly a lawful action

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Look man they're giants in a mountain pass, they gotta throw rocks at airships. It's just their culture, man. Don't disrespect.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

If anyone is actually confused why ice giants are attacking the airship, please go read up on norse mythology. The bits about Loki in particular.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i believe ice giants are like dogs and just sort of do things arbitrarily.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They just recognize the Mechane as Scoundrél's airship, who seduced the chieftain's wife last time he passed through. He hasn't been keeping up his child support.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Shouldn't you be able to move out of thrown boulder range pretty dang quick? Just put up a force wall, V.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

greatn posted:

Shouldn't you be able to move out of thrown boulder range pretty dang quick? Just put up a force wall, V.

It's still the surprise round bro

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
And assuming any sophistication on their part they waited until the ship was well within their range so it may be a few rounds before they can get back out.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
Didn't the Frost Giant Demigod vote to end the world? That could be why they gathered up.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

red plastic cup posted:

Didn't the Frost Giant Demigod vote to end the world? That could be why they gathered up.

Yes, with a cryptic reason to boot. Likely someone is calling in a marker.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cabbit posted:

If anyone is actually confused why ice giants are attacking the airship, please go read up on norse mythology. The bits about Loki in particular.

I learned all the Norse mythology I need from Thor, as told by the great storyteller Walt Simonson. I particularly like the one where he turns into a frog.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The real question is why the Giants are throwing such rough-hewn rocks. They could get much more distance and speed hurling shot-put!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Who What Now posted:

The real question is why the Giants are throwing such rough-hewn rocks. They could get much more distance and speed hurling shot-put!

Even more with javelins, discus, or slings!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
They all have levels in Hulking Hurler.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Ugly John posted:

Yes, with a cryptic reason to boot. Likely someone is calling in a marker.

That's what I was thinking. I thought said cryptic reason was just an intriguing and unexpected hint of depth for an extremely minor character, but I think that might actually be going somewhere before this is over.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

peak debt posted:

Ice Giants are Lawful Evil, they can't help it.

Not because they're evil, but because attacking a pirate airship is clearly a lawful action

Actually Frost giants are Chaotic Evil. Fire Giants are Lawful Evil. Yes it was pointless to point this out.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
New one!

V the support spellcaster continues to own.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Niton posted:

New one!

V the support spellcaster continues to own.

My streak is broken, I am undone

Support V, who undersells their own magic, is fantastic hah

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 7, 2016

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Rygar201 posted:

My streak is broken, I am undone

Support V, who undersells their own magic, is fantastic hah

"I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE!" is so good.

I think V prefers being sarcastic to all other options even if it means underselling her magic.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
V's not being sarcastic. This is just a taste of how V feels all the time.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Raenir Salazar posted:

"I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE!" is so good.

This many strips in and Rich still comes up with the good quotes :). Not only does this further demonstrate V's newfound humility, it's actually more clever use of magic than just blasting away. Buffing Haley manages to give the party a huge multi-round boost in damage for the cost of one spell, and has about a million side benefits to boot that come with perfect stealth capability.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
V's actual class is evoker right? So they absolutely must prepare at least a half dozen flashy blast spells, right?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ikanreed posted:

V's actual class is evoker right? So they absolutely must prepare at least a half dozen flashy blast spells, right?

Transmuter, so they absolutely must prepare a half a dozen buffs.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

No, V is mono class Wizard with an Evoker specialization. I believe they've barred Conjuration, and Necromancy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Schwarzwald posted:

Transmuter, so they absolutely must prepare a half a dozen buffs.

As mentioned V is an evoker. Zzdrti was a Transmuter.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Rygar201 posted:

No, V is mono class Wizard with an Evoker specialization. I believe they've barred Conjuration, and Necromancy.

True fact!

(I was bored one afternoon and went through the strip eliminating his possible barred schools one by one...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rygar201 posted:

That makes sense. I was thinking back on when the strip was transitioning from 3rd edition to 3.5, and V lost access to teleportation. I just assumed that meant they were a transmuter, but I guess any specialty works as long as conjuration is barred.

V's appreciation of the disintegration spell is also well known.