Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
Wasn't just me after the first sketchy encounter I said to hell with winning and just kept watching this guy. He could choose when to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

That would probably be a much, much harder kind of hack to pull off. Most of the stuff people will do involves automated input (aimbot) or revealing information that's only sort-of hidden from the client (wallhack). The common thread is that the stuff the hacker is messing with is being processed on their own computer to some extent. To fuzz with other players' hit registration means messing with the game server.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, there's a pretty big gulf between a client-side cheat that reads enemy position data and moves your mouse onto them for you, versus a network-based hack that tells the server and all the other players' clients to treat you as invincible.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Have you tried aiming?

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
And yet this guy still ignored multiple hits on multiple occasions. You guys can try to hand wave it away it happened somehow maybe he created some kind of insta healing dll. Dude injected something into his game. Every time they announce a wave of bans went thru means there was a wave of people successfully injecting crap into their game to gain an advantage. Its easy to catch the hacks that are sold on websites and used by 100 people there's a pattern they can look for the guy who creates something and tells noone is pretty hard to catch

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Wren610 posted:

And yet this guy still ignored multiple hits on multiple occasions. You guys can try to hand wave it away it happened somehow maybe he created some kind of insta healing dll. Dude injected something into his game. Every time they announce a wave of bans went thru means there was a wave of people successfully injecting crap into their game to gain an advantage. Its easy to catch the hacks that are sold on websites and used by 100 people there's a pattern they can look for the guy who creates something and tells noone is pretty hard to catch

lol

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I honestly can't tell if he's loving with us or not

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

git_gud.exe

Edit: to clarify this is the best hack

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean Mei's icicle hitboxes WERE hosed up for a while due to the changes they'd made to projectile hitboxes as a whole, but they're rolling that back in the PTR, so.

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
All im saying was something occured it could have been what was said earlier about projectiles it could have been some combination of projectile bug and lag causing the game to read defense matrix as up even though she was frozen and there where no green lines. But there was some wierd crap going on with that meka that match. oh and to edit she was taking damage at other times but there was two wonky moments for sure.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Just played against this person :psyduck:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Do you use FPS freeks?

Does anyone play with a different vertical speed than horizontal?

Nope. I just use a regular ps4 controller.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

There has to be some shenanigans afoot here. There is no way a single person enjoys playing Mercy THAT much

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Macaluso posted:

There has to be some shenanigans afoot here. There is no way a single person enjoys playing Mercy THAT much

I looked at their comp 1 ranks and they won like, 90 games, and had 57 hours of mercy and like 1 hour of something else. I just don't understand

Wren610
Oct 25, 2010
277 hours of mercy, Mercy seems a touch boring to me so......wow.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I play with a girl who exclusively plays Mercy so I'm not shocked. I think she's almost lvl300 with only a couple hours in soldier, dva, and pharah aside from Mercy. She's great to group with cause none of the rest of us want to heal.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I don't usually make fun of dumb things people on the internet make but this is especially stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIRAXuSgtdQ

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I just started up Overwatch and I'm getting no sound... at all. I'm not having sound issues on anything else just Overwatch. It's showing up in the sound mixer as on. all the sound options are enabled. ?????

edit: Okay I figured it out...? It was saying something about sound enhancements and if I wanted to disable them when I went to my sound stuff in the control panel. I did and now it's working fine. Uh alright???

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 28, 2016

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

My wife likes playing Mercy, definitely the vast majority of her time. But almost 300 hours worth...? Ugh.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mercy is a fun way for people who aren't especially good at aiming in FPSes to contribute to their team

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It seemed she was much more common than Lucio when OW first came out but now you hardly ever see her. I know they buffed her a tad but wonder if she needs another buff

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

mercy is a fun way for people who aren't especially good at aiming in FPSes to contribute to their team

Sure I can understand that. But THAT amount of hours worth is just someone who really likes playing Mercy for some godawful reason. At some point you'd think someone would at least branch out to someone who requires no aiming like Junkrat or try out a different healer like Lucio

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

It seemed she was much more common than Lucio when OW first came out but now you hardly ever see her. I know they buffed her a tad but wonder if she needs another buff

Isn't she considered like the weakest healer right now? Her ult is great but it's pretty situational (and you only really get the best use out of it when the enemy team goes nuts with their ults on you and then Mercy can swoop in and revive everyone), but I don't see her nearly as much anymore. From what I see everyone thinks she's the weakest out of the four.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

her ult is bad so i'm totally fine with not seeing her.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

She's just really so... one note. You hold/click button at person, maybe shift to zip around a bit, and that's the entirety of the play experience. I'm one of those dumpster tier sorts who can't aim worth a drat and I still wind up playing Zenyatta more just because he can actually do something else. Even Lucio can pewpew and doot while doing his healing job. Also Ana does stuff I guess but see the mention of poor aiming. :effort:

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

It isn't the 102% or whatever that Tracer screenshot going around is, but I'll take it, D.Va owns.

Hopefully the Defense Matrix nerf isn't too harsh :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Asimo posted:

She's just really so... one note. You hold/click button at person, maybe shift to zip around a bit, and that's the entirety of the play experience. I'm one of those dumpster tier sorts who can't aim worth a drat and I still wind up playing Zenyatta more just because he can actually do something else. Even Lucio can pewpew and doot while doing his healing job. Also Ana does stuff I guess but see the mention of poor aiming. :effort:

I don't find Ana too hard to play aiming wise because I always stay in the thick of it with her. Honestly I don't know how anyone can really play her as a sniper like the trailer showed. She's so much more fun out of sniper mode and I honestly have a harder time hitting people when I'm sniping. Plus it's easier to stay near the person you use your ult on when you're not miles away

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

She was nerfed at the same time Zen was buffed and Ana was added.

She has not been buffed on live yet, but has a pending buff on PTR.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

EMC posted:

It isn't the 102% or whatever that Tracer screenshot going around is, but I'll take it, D.Va owns.

120%, that was me. :v:

It was a bug though, which has since been fixed; a legit 100% kill participation is much more impressive anyways.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I don't find Ana too hard to play aiming wise because I always stay in the thick of it with her. Honestly I don't know how anyone can really play her as a sniper like the trailer showed. She's so much more fun out of sniper mode and I honestly have a harder time hitting people when I'm sniping. Plus it's easier to stay near the person you use your ult on when you're not miles away

I haven't been able to get a good feel for her hip shots' travel time yet, and sniper mode is obviously easier at range. I still can't do poo poo if a Genji decides to jump on me, though.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I've put maybe 10 hours into Ana now and I'd say 99% of my shots are hipfire. I'm aware she has a scope and I'm sure I'd be a better player if I used it, but on the other hand, gently caress sniping. I wanna run around with my friends!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Ana is best when you play her like junkrat and just hang out behind your tank and tape down m1.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh dang, two blues, a purple and a legendary??

Oh. A duplicate Torb intro, a duplicate Zenyatta pose, 50 gold and Raindancer (Thunderbird's color scheme is way better).

Also holy loving poo poo Hanzo, they switched to 3 tanks PLEASE SWITCH TO SOMETHING THAT HITS A BIT HARDER PLEASE

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Also holy loving poo poo Hanzo, they switched to 3 tanks PLEASE SWITCH TO SOMETHING THAT HITS A BIT HARDER PLEASE

He hanjo

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Mercy is fun to play. Too bad she sucks right now

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I like playing mercy whenever there's someone really good to pocket on my team. I also have like a 10% winrate with mercy so I've kind of given up on doing well with her.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Naerasa posted:

I've put maybe 10 hours into Ana now and I'd say 99% of my shots are hipfire. I'm aware she has a scope and I'm sure I'd be a better player if I used it, but on the other hand, gently caress sniping. I wanna run around with my friends!

Yeah, unless I'm healing a Rein that just went on a probable suicide charge to get the other team's healer, I only use the scope to hit enemies. I just assumed that's how they meant her to be played, because being at range makes BG way harder to judge imo.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Well, now I know what future me looks like.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well this happened tonight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Mercy is fun to play. Too bad she sucks right now

She's fun when you completely ignore her healing/buffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well this happened tonight.

Chokepoints? Lucio says "gently caress the choke, lets speed-boost."

CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP

EDIT: I did not vote for myself :v:

Boogle fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 28, 2016