Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
He did, for literally a week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Without a network or production company, there's no real place in ads for Trump to pay his own companies with campaign money. So that's why they stopped their week long foray into actual campaigning, Trump found out some underling was trying to win instead of trying to funnel all the money to Trump.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I saw a sponsored Trump post in my Instagram feed this morning. I am an extremely liberal voters who lives in Hawaii. Whatever ad money Trump's campaign is spending, they're spending it wisely. :v:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fluffdaddy posted:

What's sad is he is either mistaking Ice-T, who is on SVU, or LL Cool J, who is on CSI.

Laurence Fishburne is on CSI, LL is on a spin-off of that other lovely franchise (NCIS I think) that CBS has.

Cube hasn't done network TV to the best of my knowledge.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Donald Trump honestly believes that all publicity is good publicity and doesn't see the point in buying ads if every time he opens his mouth it ends up in the news cycle anyway.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Gyges posted:

I have issues with volunteering for the local Democratic Party because their a bunch of loving idiots. Also the first time I showed up to help out in 2008 I was accused of being a Republican Plant by a noticeable group of old white ladies. loving white people can't even not be lovely to other white people.

Ultimately local committees are going to be dumb if the smart folks don't join them. It's not hard to change the committee from the inside. I've found that competence and hard work make you friends fast.

Or, as a nuclear option, brigade the committee and take it over. Show up at their reorganizational meeting (held every two years I think) and they'll probably have to let you in or at least force a vote among folks in your precinct to let you in (which you win by bringing your homies and stacking the deck). For best results, do this with all your buddies and take over the committee, electing yourself Chair.

Air is lava! posted:

What's the usual delay of tracking opinions in polls? If Trump says something worse than ever before, how many days would it take to see a dip in his ratings? (If we'd assume anyone who decided to vote for him could still change their mind.)

I mean in theory you could see it in overnights, but realistically it takes close to a week to get the results, have them analyzed, release the poll, and have it show up in the polling averages.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

Donald Trump honestly believes that all publicity is good publicity and doesn't see the point in buying ads if every time he opens his mouth it ends up in the news cycle anyway.

More like his entire campaign is a scheme to make himself a pile of cash, and spending some on ads isn't going to gain him much towards that.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

The Shortest Path posted:

More like his entire campaign is a scheme to make himself a pile of cash, and spending some on ads isn't going to gain him much towards that.

Springtime for Donald

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

And really, he's right.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And really, he's right.

I think he may be on to something with that but his total disregard for a ground operation or GOTV is going to hurt him very, very badly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And really, he's right.

Yeah the neck and neck status of the polls really proves this is true...

Oh wait Hillary is winning by 84 Reagan levels with about 2 months to go. And Trump just ended another week with yet another unforced error because he is pathologically incapable of not being terrible.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Speaking of polls, any recent developments on the general and downticket polls?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Also there's the possibility that all of his 2016 race money, regardless of if he wins or loses, will be gone depending on how big of a bite his Trump U or whatever legal problems take out of him. But I honestly hope a miracle truly occurs and the GOP tries to sue him for some reason. I want to see the biggest clown carnival ending for this election ever.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Romney's secret polls had him winning with minimal GOTV or ground game and I bet Trump has some ultra secret polls that have him at 105% already so he can just coast.

I remember hearing Trump was totally this time for sure going all in with ads and made some buys for a couple of days before giving up.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

highme posted:

Laurence Fishburne is on CSI, LL is on a spin-off of that other lovely franchise (NCIS I think) that CBS has.

Cube hasn't done network TV to the best of my knowledge.

Oh yea, I forgot it was an NCIS spinoff and not a CSI spinoff. America's most watch network yall

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Thankfully the alt right is made up by a base that is inherently lazy and selfish. Can you imagine any of them going door to door canvassing or, hell. doing literally anything that takes work but doesn't bring them instant gratification? Trump will not have a GOTV program at all.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thankfully the alt right is made up by a base that is inherently lazy and selfish. Can you imagine any of them going door to door canvassing or, hell. doing literally anything that takes work but doesn't bring them instant gratification? Trump will not have a GOTV program at all.

A hundred thousand anonymous death threats every day that FBI, NSA and CIA have to shift through to find out that its yet another greasy alt-right warrior screaming on their phone about crooked feminazi society or whatever.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Maybe a better place to start with this black outreach would be letting blacks vote. Just a thought.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Trump's concept of black outreach is to brag as though he already has the black vote sewn up. It's like The Secret, where the path to get from A to B is to pretend you're already at B.

Clearly he's being advised that he needs to broaden his base, and he's sort of listening to that advice, but he absolutely categorically only ever speaks the language of hyperbolic self-praise, so we get... this.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ciaphas posted:

I dislike trump as much as anyone here but are we really doing the book cover thing on his doctor

e I mean using XP in tyool 2016 should be punishable by death but even so

The medical world is way, way behind on IT and security in general. I used to work with an electronic health record system that worked with ActiveX browser components and IE8 was the order of the day because guess what, that's the latest thing supported on XP. It's probably a majority of the install base for medical providers. Most of the smart ones are running it in a sandboxed Citrix environment though.

The medical world is terrible on security though. Like "being able to access the EHR from the guest wifi, which the doctors are using to connect their tablets because the official wifi won't let them connect their devices" type bad. Or being able to connect to wifi-enabled drip pumps and alter settings using the default manufacturer password type bad.

Enjoy getting your next pacemaker, those aren't secure either.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Giving up would require him to have begun running ads

He did make a very small ad buy. I'm in Florida in one of the bigger media markets and I saw a couple Trump ads. By "a couple" I mean the same one twice, because so far I think he's only designed one ad.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lord Hydronium posted:

The only thing Trump's ever let go were his employees and waistline.

We are talking about a man who is still smarting over an interview in the 80's that mentioned his hands (in a turn of phrase that he completely failed to recognize).

Augus posted:

Maybe a better place to start with this black outreach would be letting blacks vote. Just a thought.

"Black outreach" never meant to get a single black person to Trump's side (see: the stereotypes that form the foundation of his efforts). It was all to get some of the white Republicans too squeamish about his open racism to have an excuse to join in. Any actual black person being fooled would be a bonus, but nothing more. Like any other Republican, he knows that black people voting in general means bad things for them, so it's all "voter fraud" all the time.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

Springtime for Donald

People are acting very negatively towards Trump and the Trump brand as a result of the campaign. While a failed mock primary campaign could have made him a few bucks, becoming the nominee may very well destroy him in the end, or at least, lose him a tremendous amount of money as no one will want to be associated with the brand in any form when he loses: Republicans will hate him since he lost, Democrats will hate him since he's Trump and he's endangered many of his overseas investments with his rhetoric (e.g. see UAE response to him).

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Supercar Gautier posted:

Trump's concept of black outreach is to brag as though he already has the black vote sewn up. It's like The Secret, where the path to get from A to B is to pretend you're already at B.

Clearly he's being advised that he needs to broaden his base, and he's sort of listening to that advice, but he absolutely categorically only ever speaks the language of hyperbolic self-praise, so we get... this.

And really, how can black people not love being told the places they live are blasted hellscapes devoid of light and hope?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Arcanen posted:

People are acting very negatively towards Trump and the Trump brand as a result of the campaign. While a failed mock primary campaign could have made him a few bucks, becoming the nominee may very well destroy him in the end, or at least, lose him a tremendous amount of money as no one will want to be associated with the brand in any form when he loses: Republicans will hate him since he lost, Democrats will hate him since he's Trump and he's endangered many of his overseas investments with his rhetoric (e.g. see UAE response to him).

He can grift off the alt right for as long as he wants though, there is a lot of money to be made there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Augus posted:

Haha whooaaaa there buddy, it's not about depriving blacks of the right to vote, it's about ensuring there's no voter fraud! That's why we commissioned a study into black voter voting habits and cancelled all the stuff they use the most, and now the only valid ID to vote is a form that you can only get from a BMV located in white communities! Oh and don't forget to bring some money, if you want to vote you need to pay (for the ID)!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

rscott posted:

He can grift off the alt right for as long as he wants though, there is a lot of money to be made there

That money is already budgeted for anime pillows.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
To give credit to Trump, I think this was his longest pivot to gaff delay yet.

Maybe one day he will work up to a whole week

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Has trump actually offered any kind of positive agenda for fixing inner cities or is he literally just promising he'll fix it because Trump

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Has Trump offered any agenda for fixing or doing anything? I've only ever heard him talking about being super great at deals so he'll razzle dazzle other countries into giving us money or something which he'll use to do something else (not clear what) to improve the country.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

I honestly think Trump straight up doing nothing would make his poll numbers rise the most at this point. He can't not hurt his campaign, so just shut down the rallies and his Twitter. Let the media scrutinize Clinton without him hogging the spotlight any time the news gets half critical.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Has Trump offered any agenda for fixing or doing anything? I've only ever heard him talking about being super great at deals so he'll razzle dazzle other countries into giving us money or something which he'll use to do something else (not clear what) to improve the country.

The wall. That's really it for actual solutions to all of the negatives he spouts about America.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Just saw my first Trump ad, in Ohio. It repeated the word 'Secure' three times, and never mentioned economic policy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheLoquid posted:

Has trump actually offered any kind of positive agenda for fixing inner cities or is he literally just promising he'll fix it because Trump

He's saying the black experience in america is so bad under democratic leadership (what with the raping, gun deaths, poverty, and general thugishness) that he couldn't possibly do worse. Basically the opinion of every life long white suburbanite older than 60.

Grouchio posted:

Speaking of polls, any recent developments on the general and downticket polls?

According to Vox the Senate is slightly leaning Dem while the house is a pipe dream.
http://www.vox.com/2016/8/23/12551330/senate-polls-trump

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr Christmas posted:

And really, how can black people not love being told the places they live are blasted hellscapes devoid of light and hope?

And Hillary addressed exactly this a couple days ago, responding with facts.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

rscott posted:

Though he's not the billionaire he claims to be, he has enough money to live comfortably for the next 15 or so years he's got left on this Earth. What he really wanted was respect from those who have slighted him or who hang around in more prestigious circles. And there, he has failed miserably, and the best part is I don't think he yet realizes how fast he'll be dumped by the few clingers-on that he currently has after he loses. He will be completely shut out from the only groups and individuals he cares about, and it will be glorious.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ballz posted:

I think he may be on to something with that but his total disregard for a ground operation or GOTV is going to hurt him very, very badly.

Oh yeah. This election is almost a perfect experiment - how much does the groundwork matter compared to being in the media's eye at all times?

The answer is a lot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

TVarmy posted:

I honestly think Trump straight up doing nothing would make his poll numbers rise the most at this point. He can't not hurt his campaign, so just shut down the rallies and his Twitter. Let the media scrutinize Clinton without him hogging the spotlight any time the news gets half critical.

No, if anything, that would make his poll numbers go down. Polls are a reflection of enthusiasm for the campaign, people who aren't hyped for the candidate at that particular moment are less likely to sit and answer a poll.

The rallies/tweets are keeping his base engaged. Total silence wouldn't sway any new voters and would depress the base.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Jazerus posted:

Oh yeah. This election is almost a perfect experiment - how much does the groundwork matter compared to being in the media's eye at all times?

The answer is a lot.

I don't think that's fair to say. There are too many variables that could account for Trump's general election unpopularity outside of poor ground game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

That ain't tea.

Yeah, sweet tea is sugar water with tea flavoring. LOL at 400.x g of sugar/ mL. God no wonder The South has diabetes.

Also cold brew tea + ice cubes made from tea(or any other drink) so my drink isn't diluted

• Locked thread