Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: Westerado - Kinda fun but never amazing wild west game where you search for the man who killed your family. the details of the culprit change in every playthrough and you get one detail about them for each quest you complete.

BEATEN: Oozi - The definition of bog standard platformer

BEATEN: Fatman - A not very good point n click adventure from the older days of Adventure Game Studio when people were only just starting to sell their games commercially. Things are better now.

BEATEN: YDKJ Head Rush - One of the weaker YDKJ games in that it tries to aim for a younger demographic (and yet still has some jokes and questions that seem mismatched for the demographic??). I'm sure I would've loved it if I was 12 though.

BEATEN: Driftmoon - Decent low-budget indie RPG (think Dirk Smallwood, not RPG Maker). Horrible combat. Silly slightly religious-tinged story.

BEATEN: Freedom Planet - Oh right I have really good games I can play too. Well Freedom Planet is really good. But not every character is fun to play. Also, it's way more enjoyable to play in Arcade Mode than the story mode, but you'll still hear some dialogue and see a couple of cutscenes, they're unavoidable.

That puts me at 65% beaten/completed on steamcompletionist yippee wa-haa hoohoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Nulled: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Played 11 hours, but it never clicked with me. Didn't care for the companion thing, which I know almost everyone else loved. The big monsters were okay and I liked the freedom in that, but there was just something that annoyed me the whole time, and I can't put my finger down on one particular thing and say "This is why I don't like it" :(

Finished: Everyday Genius: SquareLogic
I finally got the last achievement for clearing a full region. While I love this game, I will never play it again. That final stretch to get the achievement almost broke me.

Finished: Forgotten Tales: Day of the Dead
A solitaire card game with a Mexican theme. It had a few minor annoyances like some strange bugs that showed up once in a while, when menu animations were running, you couldn't interrupt it to continue to the next level etc.
Nothing big, but a bit of extra QA would have made it more polished.

Finished: Just Cause 3 Air+Land+Sea DLCs
Each DLC adds a new region for you to liberate. It also adds some pretty cool new weapons, like an enhanced wingsuit, mechs and a badass boat and lots of new hand weapons.
Sadly, the developers should have added these in the main game, because outside of the specific DLC missions, you can't really use these things if you have already finished the main game.
There is also the fact that you need to complete challenges to upgrade these new weapons, and I already just sucked at those in the maingame. Never got one single gear in the Air challenges and simply skipped the Water challenge altogether.
I would love to see more Just Cause games, but the developers sure need to look at why JC2 was a huge success and JC3 was kinda meh.

Finished: Shake Your Money Simulator 2016
It's an action clicker where you throw money after a stripper while avoiding falling objects. It's probably a reskinned demo game from some game maker engine.

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

Quest For Glory II posted:

BEATEN: Freedom Planet - Oh right I have really good games I can play too. Well Freedom Planet is really good. But not every character is fun to play. Also, it's way more enjoyable to play in Arcade Mode than the story mode, but you'll still hear some dialogue and see a couple of cutscenes, they're unavoidable.

If you haven't seen the SGDQ run of Freedom Planet, they take Milla, the slowest character with the lowest lifebar and no real attacks, and turn her into a rocket-powered murder machine. It is an absolute joy to behold after struggling with the character for a bit.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It always bugs me when Fart of Presto nulls a super awesome game and then talks about how he finished 3 bargain bin grandma games. I am a nerd.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I appreciate it because I've discovered some hidden object games that masquerade as adventure games with cool comic book art which fart doesn't like.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It always bugs me when Fart of Presto nulls a super awesome game and then talks about how he finished 3 bargain bin grandma games. I am a nerd.

Everyday Genius: Squarelogic, a bargain bin grandma game? :crossarms:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
3 was an arbitrary number that I picked unrelated to his most recent post, my apologies.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Nulled: Final Fantasy VII - poo poo game

Nulled: Ocarina of Time - poo poo game

100℅ Complete: Bad Rats - Good game! Would beat again!

Oh and for actual content

Beaten: Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures Episode 2: The Last Resort - I was a little lukewarm on the first one but I think this was an improvement. There was more of a focus on the non-titular characters and they were written pretty well this time around. I like how they turned the shifty eyed dog trope from the Simpsons into an entire chapter of content. The puzzles seemed more intuitive than before, and the game did a pretty good way of dropping minor hints when I did get stuck. I'll probably check out next couple games sooner or later.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

:)
I always hate it when I give up on a goon-loved and highly regarded game. I feel I'm missing something because I simply don't "get" why everyone else loves it, but I always try to figure out why it doesn't click with me.
It's often just some very simple things that then annoys me so much, it ruins the whole experience. Or sometimes I'm just so bad at the game, probably because I play it "the wrong way" or needs to "git gud" that I give up before it starts to become interesting.
The former, like Batman: Arkham Asylum's incessant radio chatter, I can try to ignore but it just gets on my nerves, and the latter, like Dark Souls' need for a certain amount of skill and focus, without a true "Easy" mode, or Deus Ex: Human Revolution's need to carefully choose your play style and stick with it, is something where I probably could go back and spend time learning to play it right, but simply don't have the time or feeling the need to do it because there are so many other games to play.
I do try and go back once in a while: I've lined up both Batman: AA and DX:HR and will give them another try in the future.

As for the grandma/casual games, it's a question of playing something mindless to wind down, be it Hidden Object games, Match 3, Time Management or any other kind of silly puzzle games, where there are often no time limits, unlimited retries, no adrenaline pumping action etc. Just something to play while relaxing.
And as I can't stand most of the whiny writing and the stuck-in-another-century UI of RPGMaker games, that often check the same marks as my casual game choices, I guess I'm stuck playing grandma games.

:jerry:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fart of Presto posted:

:)
I always hate it when I give up on a goon-loved and highly regarded game. I feel I'm missing something because I simply don't "get" why everyone else loves it, but I always try to figure out why it doesn't click with me.
It's often just some very simple things that then annoys me so much, it ruins the whole experience. Or sometimes I'm just so bad at the game, probably because I play it "the wrong way" or needs to "git gud" that I give up before it starts to become interesting.
The former, like Batman: Arkham Asylum's incessant radio chatter, I can try to ignore but it just gets on my nerves, and the latter, like Dark Souls' need for a certain amount of skill and focus, without a true "Easy" mode, or Deus Ex: Human Revolution's need to carefully choose your play style and stick with it, is something where I probably could go back and spend time learning to play it right, but simply don't have the time or feeling the need to do it because there are so many other games to play.
I do try and go back once in a while: I've lined up both Batman: AA and DX:HR and will give them another try in the future.

As for the grandma/casual games, it's a question of playing something mindless to wind down, be it Hidden Object games, Match 3, Time Management or any other kind of silly puzzle games, where there are often no time limits, unlimited retries, no adrenaline pumping action etc. Just something to play while relaxing.
And as I can't stand most of the whiny writing and the stuck-in-another-century UI of RPGMaker games, that often check the same marks as my casual game choices, I guess I'm stuck playing grandma games.

:jerry:

I felt this way towards Dungeons of the Endless. I want to like it SO much, and it's not clicking, but I'm also not devoting enough time into it at each attempt.

Goddammit, I'm practically ruining it for myself, really.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 28, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Note that for my tally I went to any game I previously beat, and marked down its additional variants as beaten as well on steamcompletionist, so that includes multiplayer modes, beta builds, etc (for some reason, Steamcompletionist considers them separate games sometimes).

Anyway, here's a huge chunk of beaten games!

BEATEN: Joe Danger: The Movie - The game HelloGames made before No Man's Sky. It's much less ambitious and thus much more successful in its execution. A mixture of Trials style gameplay and runner style gameplay.

BEATEN: Dark Heritage - HIDDEN OBJECT GAME!!

BEATEN: Mad Bullets - Lightgun game that's really cheap ($2), it's obvious this is a mobile port, also theres some bad caricatures in the game. It's not BAD but I'm still waiting for a killer lightgun game on Steam besides Typing of the Dead Overkill (blue estate I've already beaten and it's not on THAT level).

BEATEN: Snapshot - Puzzle platformer where you can take pictures of objects and teleport them to another location. To be honest, I think the concept makes more sense if you duplicate whatever you take pictures of, but that's not what they went with. TONS of levels in this game.

BEATEN: Mandagon - Free game on Steam, very chill very short little platformer with a Fez-like aesthetic (but not the same type of gameplay).

BEATEN: Port of Call - Free game on Steam, story/walking game where you are on a ship ferrying people to the afterlife.

BEATEN: Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls - Might be the best free game on Steam?? A legit crossover of Megaman and Wonder Boy, Khimera may not be AS good as Shovel Knight, but it's fantastic for freeware. Note that the tutorial level is really basic and not indicative of the rest of the game. The actual real levels are legit Capcom-tier.

Total Games Beaten: 601 (66.7%)

One third to go!!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Fart of Presto, if you have an Apple device you need to play Hidden My Game By Mom. It's a free "hidden object" game about a kid looking for his DS while avoiding his mom. I won't say any more.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

al-azad posted:

Fart of Presto, if you have an Apple device you need to play Hidden My Game By Mom. It's a free "hidden object" game about a kid looking for his DS while avoiding his mom. I won't say any more.

Also out for Android.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

One third to go!!
Good job, Quest!
QFG2, what will you do after you've beaten all the games?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

speaking of QFG, how are the games besides V? I've only ever played QFGV (and I played the poo poo out of it)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MrSlam posted:

Good job, Quest!
QFG2, what will you do after you've beaten all the games?
Get more games of course! Well that and work on my console backlog some more.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

al-azad posted:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also out for Android.
Installed on my Android device. Thanks for the tip guys :)

ManxomeBromide
Jan 29, 2009

old school

dhamster posted:

speaking of QFG, how are the games besides V? I've only ever played QFGV (and I played the poo poo out of it)

I played the poo poo out of all of them but V, which I played a bit of and then walked away from. I'd say:
  • Quest for Glory I is actually quite good as a D&D-meets-Sierra thing, but there are a couple of nasty places where you can end up being a dead-man walking and not realize it. Keep saves at the dawn of every day.
  • Quest for Glory II does an Arabian Nights thing and has no right whatsoever to be as good as it is. It's got an absolute timetable from the villains that you have to thwart piece by piece in realtime while also hunting down objectives of your own to actually achieve anything yourself. And somehow, preteen me managed to beat it with max score without hints. It does something mysteriously incredibly right.
  • Quest for Glory III didn't really work for me, since you spend a lot of time on a huge overworld with no real interaction with anything, but the plot is the most sophisticated except for a hypothetical actually-completed V.
  • Quest for Glory IV would be my favorite one except that it's buggy and incomplete, and even so it almost takes the top spot anyway.

But that's not what I've been playing lately. What I have been playing lately...

BEATEN: Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Light action sequences for what is otherwise a straightforward adventure game with console controls instead of point-and-click. Makes excellent use of the gamepad-and-action interface instead of feeling like a half-assed point-and-click system. Unusually wacky for a game about how grim WWI was.

Then I had a little side detail to take care of.

BEATEN: Quake. I revisited it after it was pointed out to me that you can in fact remap the keys to be FPS standard, and then ripped through all four episodes in a lazy afternoon. Not much to say here. It puts the lol in lolbrown?

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Geneforge 1-5: It took me a total of 167 hours to play through this very excellent series. I've had the Spiderweb games in my backlog since the Humble Bundle back in 2013 or so but I was always kind of intimidated by them. It's good to know I can handle them easily and I'm really looking forward to starting on the rest soon. As for how the Geneforge games compare to each other, in my opinion: 1 > 2 = 4 > 5 > 3.

Monsters!: This has been in Early Access for a year and has not received a single update as far as I can tell. It has like three reviews and the discussion forum is practically empty. It's a twin-stick score chasing game. I played it for about half an hour and I'm done. Arcade games are not really my thing.

Warlock - Master of the Arcane: I got off on the wrong foot with this game because it lifts its UI from Civ5, which was one of my biggest gaming disappointments. The main issue, though, is that the game just feels kind of aimless. There are spells to research, but no research tree - so it's impossible to form a coherent strategy. The building/unit trees are also a bit opaque and in general the game doesn't convey information very well. City management is also kind of weak. I don't know. I got bored halfway through my second game, and though I soldiered on and beat it, I don't really feel like going back for more. It's also a bit buggy, missing some QoL features (there is seemingly no way to get units to guard or sleep, so they ask for attention every turn) the UI can be irritating (for instance, units don't deselect automatically once they're out of moves) and there's a memory leak which forced me to quit and restart every hour or so.

I installed Risk of Rain next, hopefully it's fun in singleplayer too cause I don't really play multiplayer.

edit: Are these jellyfish supposed to be so loving annoying? Christ.

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 4, 2016

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone played the recently released The Warlock of Firetop Mountain?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: Copy Kitty - Best game of 2016 I've played so far. An absolute gem, and despite being an Early Access title, 90% of the levels are in the game (120 as of the current version, across 10 chapters), and the 'not-final' final boss FEELS like a final boss and has a fun payoff. Also includes a hard mode which remixes level layouts and upgrades the bosses, and an endless mode (which can unlock a bonus world in the main campaign). The gameplay is an awesome mix of Kirby, Megaman, and Treasure games. The levels all bring a new idea to the mix, and new combinations of powers for you to combine into brand new weapons. It does not get boring or repetitive once, there's always something new.

BEATEN: Big Action Mega Fight - Merely okay brawler with a lot of flaws. The difficulty curve needs serious tweaking, and the level variety... well there is none. You know how most brawlers have an elevator part and an isometric street part and a part with hazards and a part with some platforming? Okay well this game has none of that. You can't even jump or jumpkick. It's not unenjoyable, it's just not ambitious or innovative in the slightest.

BEATEN: LiEat - just a kind of okay JRPG, the battles are pretty pointless, and the story is not really all that interesting for a game trying to be about mysteries. you pretty much always know the answer about 15-20 minutes before the characters do.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Beaten: Conquest of Elysium 4

There's no campaign or anything, the only modes are "multiplayer" and "randomly generated skirmish", but I cleared large maps against multiple AIs as both Baron and Cultists, and I think that's enough to count it as "beaten". I'm going to keep playing it on and off, though. Going to get that Warlock win, dammit.

Now Playing: Dying Light (PC), Atelier Rorona (PS3), Pony Island (laptop)

...depending on which system I'm in front of at the time, plus dabbling in Rimworld or more CoE4 whenever I'm not in the mood for those.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
Finished: Hidden My Game By Mom (Android)
While it has nothing to do with Steam games, it was recommended here and I gave it a go. Pretty funny little "hidden object" game and also the first mobile game I've ever finished (the second one installed on this 3 year old phone).
I'm not really into mobile games at all, but this was a fun thing to check out.

Finished: 1 Moment Of Time: Silentville
Hidden Object game with lots of adventure-lite puzzling, almost no mini games and all the HO scenes require combination of 2 or more items to clear it from the board.
Graphics were worse than ugly poser models and the story makes, as usual, no sense at all.

Finished: Submerged
I absolutely loved this game!
3rd person explorer, that almost ends up in the "Walking Simulator" genre. There is no combat, no enemies, you can't fall off the buildings you are climbing, die or get hurt at all.
Just explore the flooded city, climb buildings to find secrets that reveal why the world looks the way it does, look out for items that will help heal your brother, and just enjoy the beauty of the environment and lovely haunting piano soundtrack.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Glare Seethe posted:

I installed Risk of Rain next, hopefully it's fun in singleplayer too cause I don't really play multiplayer.

edit: Are these jellyfish supposed to be so loving annoying? Christ.

I will always go back to playing this game, but only as the commando :negative:

I'm just too used to his playstyle that I can't get anywhere with anyone else.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: The Ship Tutorial - somehow Steamcompletionist considers this its own game. Fastest game completion ever??? It was like 5-6 minutes long

ENDLESS: Switch 'n' Shoot - Cool one-button highscore-oriented game where your ship fires and switches direction with the same button. Endless, so I marked it as beaten.

BEATEN: Featherpunk Prime - Pretty fun Abuse-style game with good music and solid movement. Only real problem is the 'randomized' levels are not varied enough.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Quest For Glory II, how the gently caress do you manage to play and beat so many games in so little time? I can hardly beat one...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Time management and also I don't really get into timesink games very often

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Time management and also I don't really get into timesink games very often

What's your percentage now?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's your percentage now?
66.9%, the number of games went up because i added a couple of review copy games. right now i own 900~ games so each beaten game is usually .1%

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Quick question: I just moved Total War Warhammer from one drive to another, copying the game folder in common on one drive and pasting it to common in the other. Then deleted local files in the steam library. I thought now there was some way to get steam to recognize I have it on the other drive and don't need to redownload? But when I go to it it just brings me to the download screen. Anyone know what I'm missing?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

PantsBandit posted:

Quick question: I just moved Total War Warhammer from one drive to another, copying the game folder in common on one drive and pasting it to common in the other. Then deleted local files in the steam library. I thought now there was some way to get steam to recognize I have it on the other drive and don't need to redownload? But when I go to it it just brings me to the download screen. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Steam will "download" but what it's actually doing is a file check. As long as Steam is pointing to the right folder where the game was relocated it will go from 0 to 100 in a few seconds.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

al-azad posted:

Steam will "download" but what it's actually doing is a file check. As long as Steam is pointing to the right folder where the game was relocated it will go from 0 to 100 in a few seconds.

thanks, I actually figured out that the issue was that it wasn't even letting me get to that point because I didn't have enough memory left over on the drive after moving the game over to "install" it. Even though Steam isn't installing anything. Had to delete enough stuff to brute force my was past it.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I''m committing to playing through my ridiculous collection. Some updates

Now Playing: Nuclear Throne - This game is awesome.
Completed: Steamworld Heist - Great XCOM inspired game.

Also playing Heroes of the Storm and Duelyst but those games are never ending so oh well.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Beat: Hotline Miami 2 - The first game was a masterpiece, but this one.. just wasn't as much fun. There were just too many playable characters to keep track of, and a few of the side stories weren't all that interesting. I appreciated the story a bit more after reading the wiki, but it was sometimes hard to really figure out what was going on in-game. Some of the new enemy types helped shake things up, but they were unfortunately used quite sparingly--for the most part, combat was pretty samey and heavy on gunplay. Pop around a corner and fire your gun, duck away and pick off enemies as they round a corner or come through a door. Repeat until you gently caress up or clear the floor. I will say that the last level is extremely cool--I just wish the rest of the game was as interesting as the final sequence. If nothing else, playing this has sparked my interest in replaying the first game sometime.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

n4 posted:

Completed: Steamworld Heist - Great XCOM inspired game.

Oh man, I loved Steamworld Dig and hearing that another game in the series is XCOM inspired has got me sold :allears:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pikestaff posted:

Oh man, I loved Steamworld Dig and hearing that another game in the series is XCOM inspired has got me sold :allears:

It's incredible - 2D XCOM where you make all of the shots yourself instead of praying to the RNG. The hat collection is a grind, so don't get into it too much, but the rest of it is absolutely worth your time and fun.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Time for a progress update :toot:

Beaten:
Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt: Fantastic game, also short and free. I still need to do a jealous chest run and beat the latter two difficulties. Everyone should go download this and burn through it, now.
Princess Remedy in a Heap of Trouble: The prequel to the above game, which just came out. Well worth the three bucks or so. 101% on Normal, still need to do jealous chest and the secret difficulty. May attempt to continue my chest-less run, but that's in a whole 'nother league, difficulty-wise. Note: it is really loving annoying to play a bullet hell game with a broken arrow key :(
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper: Is it silly to call an online mobile game with no end in sight 'completed'? Yes. But I can clear Ult.'s and Ult+'s now, so for my own peace of mind, I'm temporarily counting this toward my total (even though I have no intent to put it down any time soon)

Continuing:
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: The battle system's a load of fun. The story's intentionally silly and doesn't take itself seriously at all, which I can appreciate. Just got the fifth party member and she's a blast, character-wise.
Faerie Solitaire: Apparently the last time I played this was in 2012. Picked it back up on a whim as a chill game to play to numb my mind after a particularly difficult day.
Monster Hunter Generations: HR38 :toot: PM me if you want to swap friend codes and go on a hunt.

Backburner:
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright: I really want to play through this game some more, but whenever I have a few hours to sit down and play video games, that time's being funneled into Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Monster Hunter. I might pick it up again after TMS, but more likely I'll be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X.

PhysicsFrenzy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 10, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BEATEN: Dracula's Legacy - HIDDEN OBJECT GAME!!

BEATEN: Castle of Illusion - Alright platformer, I guess it was worth the sale price. Not a super ambitious game and pretty easy. Shame they couldn't continue to remake the other games like World of Illusion or Quackshot or what have you.

ENDLESS: Plantera - Idle game about growing a garden. These are the easiest to mark off as beaten in my backlog. I reviewed it more in-depth in the games chat thread.

BEATEN: Seasons After Fall - A C+ grade game with A+ visuals. I reviewed this in-depth in the games chat thread as well.

BEATEN: Epistory Typing Chronicles - Really good game and made me a believer that typing mechanics can work for any genre.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Nulled: Terraria - Tried checking this out again but just didn't like it.

Nulled: BattleBlock Theater - I wanted to like this one but it didn't really click with me either. Getting through the levels just didn't feel interesting to me compared to other platformers.

Continuing: Broken Age - I wrote this one off awhile ago but I've been enjoying it a lot more than when I first tried it. Great art-style, and the story is starting to get interesting. Cleared the first act.

Beaten: Wallace & Gromit Ep 3: Muzzled! - This one seems to improve further on the formula of the first two games. Monty Muzzle is a great character, and a much better villain than the yappy dogs in the previous game, or those weird bees in the first game.

Nulled: No Time To Explain Remastered - Apparently they gave this away for free awhile back because I don't remember buying it. Kind of a poo poo game imo. Lots of "lol so randumb xD" humor. There's a shrieking voiceover at the start of every level which repeats the same lines pretty often and got annoying quickly. I like the feedback of the guns but the physics seemed kind of wonky. The last straw for me was a level with squares of water just hanging there in the air... just really lazy level design. To echo my review of "Hell Yeah," I give this one a "Hell No."

dhamster fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

dhamster posted:

Continuing: Broken Age - I wrote this one off awhile ago but I've been enjoying it a lot more than when I first tried it. Great art-style, and the story is starting to get interesting. Cleared the first act.

You say you cleared the first act but no you actually cleared the game. No no, there is no Act 2 you can stop now and enjoy your memories.