Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Hey here's a neat truck getting a new battery:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

I got a big laugh tonight finding out they are still going, and still kind of popular in Scandinavia. What the gently caress?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmagSBSnnyU

This was good, they should do all their shows in drag. Reminds me of the New York Dolls.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I can never sleep past like 7 after a night of drinking. Ugh.

Because alcohol is sugar and so are most mixers, when you go out drinking you're raising your blood sugar for a sustainable period and then abruptly stopping the sustenance (when you go to sleep).

Waking up at 7 is your body saying "What happened to the sugar party?" If you eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and a pint of milk or some other quick snack, you'll even that blood sugar out again and feel comfortable/sleepy again.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So my apartment is on fire.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Like you said, it's a high-end apartment complex, obviously no expense spared... except for the "keep it from burning" stuff.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Like you said, it's a high-end apartment complex, obviously no expense spared... except for the "keep it from burning" stuff.

Like a Ferrari

God drat what image host are we using now? Nothing is showing up from imgur.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 27, 2016

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I hope Rhyno's mom doesn't support Trump

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elmnt80 posted:

Eh, no problem. I spend 40 hours a week staring at all that poo poo. If I can help someone find what they need, I'm happy. Tracking down stuff for customers is the part of my job I enjoy. Like the dude looking for wheel cylinders on a '57 chevy tonight on a whim to see if restoring it will be worth it.

So far, the closest Oreilly doesn't have 'em, the second one was like "uuh I'll have to look it up and call you back" and the napa guy said "I've never heard of that" then put me on hold. Not looking good. :shobon:

Raluek fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 27, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Cakefool posted:

I took my wife out for our anniversary meal and it was a real hit, brilliant food, great service, we had a great time and the manager overheard us talking about it being our anniversary and comped our drinks :3:

Did she appreciate the romantic gesture of the new car?

'Darling, thanks for 10 wonderful years. My love for you is like a Fiat Mulitpla.......'

(someone else do the punchline)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Being around all these drift missiles and track rats makes me want to do turrible things to my car.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Rhyno posted:

Hope shits okay man :( that blows

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

The cause of the fire is very infuriating. Thankfully there is no structural damage.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Raluek posted:

So far, the closest Oreilly doesn't have 'em, the second one was like "uuh I'll have to look it up and call you back" and the napa guy said "I've never heard of that" then put me on hold. Not looking good. :shobon:

I'll nab the part numbers we have on the shelf when I get back from lunch. Maybe they can figure out how to type the numbers in. Only reason I could see them not having a performance wall is some C.A.R.B. shenanigans.

Edit:
Part numbers and line codes:
12370 edb (edlebrock part, but supposed to be compatible with holley)
1509 mrg (mr gasket, owned by holley)
And 2 full rebuild kits with them

Hope it helps. :v

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 27, 2016

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

The cause of the fire is very infuriating. Thankfully there is no structural damage.

Oh no. :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Man what a page to come back to

Hi everyone

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Someone fall asleep with a lit butt in their mouth or something? That sucks dude.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh dang I didn't realize how big my discord BroBot has gotten, then I joined CommieGIR's server and he's already there

I wonder how many users he's up to now :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I was at work. She was here. She is fine. Cats are all fine. 99% of our property is fine. The fire was contained to out bathroom/laundry room. I had a lot of framed art on the walls in there. It is all destroyed. They're extracting the water now. Our deductible is $500 and I'd wager we'll be getting new carpeting in at least one room in addition to some drywall repairs in the bathroom.

Edit: Her grandmother gave her this doofy microwave cook pouch she bought off QVC or something. It's for baked potatoes or burritos I dunno. It's like a reusable version of a hot pocket sleeve. She used it and it remains cool to the touch so she put it aside and then saw it a bit gross so she tossed it in a laundry basket where I'm assuming the internal 400 degree temperature caused the fire.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 27, 2016

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

QuarkMartial posted:

Hey here's a neat truck getting a new battery:

It's kinda funny how you guys all loose your poo poo for a 40 series and down here it's just like "that ones not so rusty?"

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

The fire was contained to out bathroom/laundry room. I had a lot of framed art on the walls in there. It is all destroyed.

Wanna see Rhyno's bathroom art.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I was at work. She was here. She is fine. Cats are all fine. 99% of our property is fine. The fire was contained to out bathroom/laundry room. I had a lot of framed art on the walls in there. It is all destroyed. They're extracting the water now. Our deductible is $500 and I'd wager we'll be getting new carpeting in at least one room in addition to some drywall repairs in the bathroom.

Edit: Her grandmother gave her this doofy microwave cook pouch she bought off QVC or something. It's for baked potatoes or burritos I dunno. It's like a reusable version of a hot pocket sleeve. She used it and it remains cool to the touch so she put it aside and then saw it a bit gross so she tossed it in a laundry basket where I'm assuming the internal 400 degree temperature caused the fire.

She tossed a cooking pouch in the laundry basket? Wat?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ferremit posted:

It's kinda funny how you guys all loose your poo poo for a 40 series and down here it's just like "that ones not so rusty?"

Because most of the ones here turned entirely to rust. There are so few survivors.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coredump posted:

She tossed a cooking pouch in the laundry basket? Wat?

It's a canvas mesh thing that says to wash frequently, she even showed me the instructions and they picture it being tossed into the washer.

meatpimp posted:

Wanna see Rhyno's bathroom art.

It was all prints of comic book stuff. Now it's all mush.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Ferremit posted:

They tend to stand out against the parade of ridiculous crap we see on a day to day basis. I'd rather fool with it than deal with yet another Honda or Toyota.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Well poo poo.

Glad nobody's hurt!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now that the water's drying we can see more damage. I think a roomful of carpeting is done for and molding all over the front of the apartment. It's funny how 99% of the damage is from water.

Thank god for renter's insurance!

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
Was it the carpet the cat pissed on, at least? :v:

(glad everyone's OK)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Rhyno posted:

Now that the water's drying we can see more damage. I think a roomful of carpeting is done for and molding all over the front of the apartment. It's funny how 99% of the damage is from water.

Yeah, that's how it seems to work. We had a grease fire back when I was in high school from a malfunctioning stovetop. Only real burn damage was the hood microwave and the cabinets, but the water and smoke meant gutting most of the house.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Rhyno posted:

Glad everyone is ok, and glad that you had renter's insurance. So many people get hosed when something happens and they suddenly find out that they get no help at all fixing poo poo because they didn't want to pay for (or didn't realize that the needed) renter's insurance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zundfolge posted:

Was it the carpet the cat pissed on, at least? :v:

(glad everyone's OK)

Yes it was! We're hoping it's too far gone and they replace it all!

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, that's how it seems to work. We had a grease fire back when I was in high school from a malfunctioning stovetop. Only real burn damage was the hood microwave and the cabinets, but the water and smoke meant gutting most of the house.

The fire was over super quick. The sprinkler was active for a full 5 minutes and then it dripped for a long time while clean up commenced.

The Locator posted:

Glad everyone is ok, and glad that you had renter's insurance. So many people get hosed when something happens and they suddenly find out that they get no help at all fixing poo poo because they didn't want to pay for (or didn't realize that the needed) renter's insurance.

One of the lease requirements here is a minimum renter's coverage.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So many loving ants on the kitchen trash can. The bag is empty and we scrubbed the can down itself but every couple hours there is a line of them up the can and into it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just watched a sprint car catch fire.

Track worker ran out with fire extinguisher.

Track fire truck ran over track worker.

Dirt track life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo was that a rotten loving day! Now that everything is dry we're doing being damage everywhere.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Frontier can suuuuuuuuck my diiiiiiick these speeds are abysmal

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Well at least no art was lost

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

Frontier can suuuuuuuuck my diiiiiiick these speeds are abysmal

Why don't you switch to another cable company

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Cheap wine, a Frito pie, and stupid poo poo on YouTube to ease my anxiety about today.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

It was art to MEEEEEEEE.

Major good news though, Redwood (the complex owner and her employer) has already said they will take care of everything asap and if it's more than basic repairs they will move us to a new unit.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

It was art to MEEEEEEEE.

Major good news though, Redwood (the complex owner and her employer) has already said they will take care of everything asap and if it's more than basic repairs they will move us to a new unit.

Get that in writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

So many loving ants on the kitchen trash can. The bag is empty and we scrubbed the can down itself but every couple hours there is a line of them up the can and into it.

If you continue to have trouble, https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004NS0HT4/ref=psd_mlt_nbc_B004HJQ69O_ri will jack their poo poo up.

Adiabatic posted:

Why are you being so rude?

• Locked thread