Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Guys it's a high skilled weapon that only gentlemen use. It takes a lot of skill to hold down the trigger and hip fire a gun that has perfect up and down recoil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obi-Wan Kenobi nods in agreement.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who on earth holds down the trigger to fire TLW? :confused:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

marauderthirty posted:

wat

http://i.imgur.com/3kibIIs.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 28, 2016

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

marauderthirty posted:

I do

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well then.. I guess I'm the crazy one

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Holy god doubles is being super sweaty

Cuz you're a xim cheater

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

marauderthirty posted:

Well then.. I guess I'm the crazy one

You can tap fire it. I do if they are at range somtimes. Or if my aims goes to poo poo after the first couple of shots.

But generally i full auto because hand cannon bullets dissappear in this game for some stupid reason and i figure the more lead i put down range the better my chances.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

CheeseFactory posted:

You can tap fire it. I do if they are at range somtimes. Or if my aims goes to poo poo after the first couple of shots.

But generally i full auto because hand cannon bullets dissappear in this game for some stupid reason and i figure the more lead i put down range the better my chances.

It's this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
For Xbox One players, there's rumors going around that all the year 2 exclusives from the Taken King - the strike, the multiplayer maps, the two exotics, all the armor - will be staying exclusive until Fall of 2017 now, with no formal announcement I can find.

That's super lovely of them to do. I was getting back into Destiny but that's pretty loving atrocious and I don't know that I want to give them more money if they're actively going to just gently caress with a huge fraction of the playerbase for no reason.

Edit: A correction, it's not a rumor. It was confirmed by Deej in an interview and they hid it away in a small print text change on the PS4 exclusives page. gently caress that noise.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 28, 2016

boz
Oct 16, 2005
You got tomb raider in exchange

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I can't say there's a single ps4 item I use at all or map I enjoy. It's lovely but I don't feel like I'm missing out

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I can't say there's a single ps4 item I use at all or map I enjoy. It's lovely but I don't feel like I'm missing out

I was looking forward to the exotics and the new strike. I'm not overly concerned about the maps, but one of my friends really wanted to play Sector 618. I'm more bothered by the fact that not only they pushed back the date (which in and of itself is lovely), but did so without fanfare or announcement and when asked tried to dodge the question. At this point it might as well not be timed exclusivity.

Edit: Also I'm upset about the armor. There was a ton of cool PS4 exclusive legendary armor we don't get now, which is super lovely.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fbsw posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...nt-process.aspx

I'm paraphrasing unfairly here, but lead raid designer refers to the raids as 'middle school', 'high school', and 'college'.
Make me laugh and come up with different cute names for them.

Eh, they also mentioned they wanted some kind of "feel" for each of the raids, crota being something like a bad rear end run and gun "we're here to gently caress poo poo up" type experience and kings fall being more puzzle and mechanics based but they feel like crota wasn't puzzle and mechanic enough, which is right and kings fall was too rigid in how you had to do it, again which is right.

The raids aren't perfect but they're still a pretty big achievement for an FPS and they at least acknowledge where they went wrong.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Hawkmoon was a beast in yr1 shame xboxers never got to use it when it was at it's peak.

Also I really like Pantheon for some reason, even as a trials map. It gets hard as hell when you get to the higher wins on the card but with 3 different people helping me carry my brother I got to 5 wins really easily to get him some gear and got a swag of wrecking ball medals even if by the end I was pretty drunk and whiffing slams and missing easy head shots.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Aug 28, 2016

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Lightning Knight posted:

I was looking forward to the exotics and the new strike. I'm not overly concerned about the maps, but one of my friends really wanted to play Sector 618. I'm more bothered by the fact that not only they pushed back the date (which in and of itself is lovely), but did so without fanfare or announcement and when asked tried to dodge the question. At this point it might as well not be timed exclusivity.

Edit: Also I'm upset about the armor. There was a ton of cool PS4 exclusive legendary armor we don't get now, which is super lovely.

I'm not super upset about it either. I was looking forward to trying out the two exotics, but I can wait. Besides, if Destiny 2 comes out in the fall of next year maybe we will get access to the ps4 stuff in a "spring update" to keep us tied over until it comes out.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The ps4 can take back all of their lovely maps and guns

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just watched a stream of some dudes doing Oryx, .... I have a lot of learning to do, they used a strat I have not seen before. Maybe is the standard now? they killed the ogres and the knigts that break the balls, but they did not touch the balls until the 4th run. They where teleported to the darkness every time, but sniped Oryx head good.

Bungie really did a good job with the raid, having many different strats that makes sense.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tei posted:

I just watched a stream of some dudes doing Oryx, .... I have a lot of learning to do, they used a strat I have not seen before. Maybe is the standard now? they killed the ogres and the knigts that break the balls, but they did not touch the balls until the 4th run. They where teleported to the darkness every time, but sniped Oryx head good.

Bungie really did a good job with the raid, having many different strats that makes sense.

That's challenge mode way of doing things. Most groups either do that now or 8 and 8.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

It's actually easier because you eliminate the risk of people getting killed coming back from their bombs, and it also prevents the lightning round from happening, so you just get thunder dome instead. It's definitely the only real way to do it anymore.

E: It's the only way my group does it, anyhow

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

party crasher really does have too much range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WclVY75hm_Q

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Tei posted:

marauderthirty posted:

It's actually easier because you eliminate the risk of people getting killed coming back from their bombs, and it also prevents the lightning round from happening, so you just get thunder dome instead. It's definitely the only real way to do it anymore.

E: It's the only way my group does it, anyhow

can someone post a video of this method? seems cool enough to check out.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AAB posted:

can someone post a video of this method? seems cool enough to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyFv_vFK6V8

It's explained up front, after that it's raw footage

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

awesome, thanks. something new for my group getting back into everything.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
I only do 4 or 8 bombs now if I feel a pickup group isn't killing ogres fast enough. If you can kill the ogres before they move there's no reason not to do 16 bomb.

It's lovely that the Challenge mode is arguably easier for Oryx and basically non existent for War Priest. Golgoroth's is good, though.

Bungie should probably see what strats people are using before designing a challenge mode twist because lol.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AAB posted:

awesome, thanks. something new for my group getting back into everything.
what you should do different from that video is have defender 2 titans in the center, one with blessing and one with weapons, to help with ogres. after you stagger oryx, all get in the center in the aura, dance as thralls try to kill you, and just before the aura runs out/adds all die, nightstalker shoots tether so the dying adds make orbs for the titans.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Have they said anything about a PVP balance patch coming?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Have they said anything about a PVP balance patch coming?

I presume there's some muttering going on, since they're deploying a huge patch there's no reason to not sneak in balance changes

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

party crasher really does have too much range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WclVY75hm_Q

Underrated click

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally went through my IB clips
http://i.imgur.com/JB0J3X5.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/716sNL4.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/GwAWAV6.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/BxOC2Zd.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wP3Ecdc.gifv

And one little gem from this morning...
http://i.imgur.com/Hdv1aRB.gifv

magic_pixie
May 14, 2013

I'm the red bar, it was me all along!
So a while ago I posted a vid of me noobing it up, which included gameplay of me throwing a grenade at my own bubble. I feel like I've improved a little bit, to where I'm now scratching my head wondering how anybody could be that bad.

Like this series of encounters where I snipe one enemy, and start pushing closer to the spark. Just as I push out, I notice sniper glint, and manage to juke as I hear the bullet whiz right by me. Before I can refocus on the sniper, my teammate and I manage to dispose of another enemy, who I think had a sword. While all this is going on, sniper dude at the other end is apparently experiencing technical difficulties, because he hasn't hit me or my teammate.

With skilled players, I'd be sent to respawn for all but the first snipe.

Gameplay was one of the few crucible matches I've played on my Xbone account so I probably got placed in a really derpy MM tier. I really like the Elite controller, and going back to the Dual Shock 4 feels really strange to me after almost exclusively using my PS4 for the last couple years. Sometimes it feels like there's a bigger deadzone to the dual shock joysticks, and the acceleration feels more pronounced. Being able to adjust the way the sticks translate into movement is awesome; Sony should really step up their controller game.

Anyway, I'm grinding out my subclasses and hoping to get some good gear before the expansion. If anybody wants to do some stuff, and don't mind scrubs, my GT is Lophra. I'll eventually start adding people from the Boner crew spreadsheet.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Probably the best overall game I've played in a while. 23-6 with 11 primary kills. Think because I don't rumble much / it's the daily I was up against some scrubs.

http://guardian.gg/en/pgcr/5404541286

I didn't end up getting a Finala's Peril with rifled barrel (forgot to buy the vendor roll) but Eyasluna with Rifled Barrel / Hidden Hand feels so much better than the Smallbore one that I had before.

....anyone want to loop farm?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Oh and speaking of the nightfall this week, void party crasher one shots anything but yellow minotaurs. Made the stairs a hell of a lot better than when we were all using Telesto. B safe guardians.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Roman posted:

what you should do different from that video is have defender 2 titans in the center, one with blessing and one with weapons, to help with ogres. after you stagger oryx, all get in the center in the aura, dance as thralls try to kill you, and just before the aura runs out/adds all die, nightstalker shoots tether so the dying adds make orbs for the titans.

That's been the strat that my group has always used. With ToM and a good sniper/HM, Weapons can melt the Ogres before they leave their spot with minimal healp from the Pillar Men. If you know what you're doing it just becomes clockwork.

Challenge Mode Best Mode.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

Oh and speaking of the nightfall this week, void party crasher one shots anything but yellow minotaurs. Made the stairs a hell of a lot better than when we were all using Telesto. B safe guardians.

I just used the fwc fusion, bad juju and a void rocket launcher. Wiped twice at the boss but everything else was trivial.

Edit: have they told us when the pre expansion patch is supposed to hit?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I just used the fwc fusion, bad juju and a void rocket launcher. Wiped twice at the boss but everything else was trivial.

Good call. I think teleporting minotaurs were just causing us to kill ourselves with Telesto. Paging Mikey_San to explain his shameful performance, causing me to seethe like sjackson in trials when I don't know where "no, over there!" is. :argh:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BlindSite posted:

I don't think they know either. Depends if there's some PVE hype going on like treasure keys or blades of Crota. Considering how endgame PVP poo poo is shut down next week I'd wager shortly after that.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 28, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The Meat Dimension posted:

I don't think they know either. Depends if there's some PVE hype going on like treasure keys or blades of Crota. Considering how endgame PVP poo poo is shut down next week I'd wager shortly after that.

Stunning analysis, shitlord.

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 28, 2016

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

The Meat Dimension posted:

Considering how endgame PVP poo poo is shut down next week I'd wager shortly after that.

Whaaaa?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How long does it take to get used to aiming and shooting with a PS4 controller? Because ho boy am I terrible at it. Also do people still use that batch thing to add PSN friends, cause I have none :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

How long does it take to get used to aiming and shooting with a PS4 controller? Because ho boy am I terrible at it. Also do people still use that batch thing to add PSN friends, cause I have none

I never got used to it so i got a xim4. You cant batch add for ps4. Add me if you want to talk nfl and do stuff tho BlindSite55.

el B posted:

Whaaaa?

From what I can gather the current trials is the last ever for old gen. Next weekend is the last for nonpoor consoles until the 30th.

Also I did some googles and the ttk update patch came out a week before ttk went live. It was announced three weeks before the ttk release and explored/explained 2 weeks out, so I would expect a balance patch announcement this week or next and the balance patch to go out the week before RoI.

• Locked thread