Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
i forgot what patch it was that lead to the CC dying, but I think it happened when the last piece of dlc was put into the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Banana Man posted:

I haven't played this since 2k13 I think, or 14. I have a 360 rather than an xbone. For those familiar with the systems will the 360 2k16 be a significant improvement since 14? Specifically for CAW and universe mode.

Universe is the same. CAWs are arguably worse.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Last Gen is a roster updated version of 2k14 with some new moves, a lot of old moves removed, and no create a move. Otherwise it is identical in content to 2k14. 2k15 removed custom music but it is back in 2k16 last gen. 2k17 will likely be no different.

Edit: It will have online creations though, which has unfortunately been taken down in 2k14.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 26, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
UFC 2 update: I've gotten enough of the hang of the ground game to submit AI opponents in Ultimate Team, but my friend is getting mercilessly destroyed with his TKD standup guy. The biggest pitfalls seem to be that he runs out of stamina much quicker than any opponent and then gets hit with huge shots to the head that he can't recover from - what's he missing? He already knows to back off when he's at low stamina rather than throwing useless gassed punches, but what can he do to try and make sure his opponent gasses faster than him, assuming they're both 65 OVR Ultimate Team rookies with standup styles like TKD or Boxing?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Duck and weave, and try to get into openings. Hitting strikes saps stamina from the person being hit. Learn to parry. You get some idiots that think parrying is 'cheating', but gently caress them. If you're throwing strikes at my head constantly, don't be stunned if I catch one and then deck you.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Now that Carmella's going to be in the game, it'll be interesting to see if they make a trio entrance with her, Enzo, and Cass.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It wouldn't even be possible if mixed gender tag wasn't added

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Basic Chunnel posted:

They've had entrances without a mixed tag before (Hart Dynasty)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

It's a video game. Anything is possible if they choose to make the effort. That's why it *won't* happen, but it's completely within the realm of possibility, especially given they've done before (as mentioned)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Actually if you make the third a manager, it works.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

When I was still on last gen, mixed tags were completely broken, at least from 2k15 up. Every time I would do one the computer would get itself disqualified by intergender violence.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

They've had entrances without a mixed tag before (Hart Dynasty)

MNM too

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

MNM's entrance dates back to before there were gender restrictions on match ups, hell in SVR 2007, one of the games challenges was beating The Great Khali with Micky James.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

When I was still on last gen, mixed tags were completely broken, at least from 2k15 up. Every time I would do one the computer would get itself disqualified by intergender violence.

I always found it weird that they handled it that way. The point of not having intergender matches and such is to conform to the WWE's policy of not showing male-on-female violence, but the game doesn't forbid that outright, it just disqualifies people for doing it. Like you'd figure they'd program it so that the switch is basically automatic and there's no way of actually hitting a woman as a male character.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Money in the Bank 2021, a double main event of two 'A' rated matches.

Bray Wyatt retains the WWE title by defeating The Miz and....

D-Von Dudley defeats Dean Ambrose

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Completely fine with that last part

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Guys, I'm playing Wrestling Revolution and the referee threw a bitch fit about me hitting him and walked out. What now?

EDIT: X-pac decided "gently caress this poo poo" during the middle of a handicap match and I instantly won

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Aug 30, 2016

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Maxwell Lord posted:

I always found it weird that they handled it that way. The point of not having intergender matches and such is to conform to the WWE's policy of not showing male-on-female violence, but the game doesn't forbid that outright, it just disqualifies people for doing it. Like you'd figure they'd program it so that the switch is basically automatic and there's no way of actually hitting a woman as a male character.

I could have sworn it was indeed automatic in a previous game. Maybe that was Day Of Reckoning or something

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It actually cuts away before the hit. I know this because that is how my cowardly weasel heel became a fiery babyface in MyCareer, by hiding behind women and having the opponents get DQ'd.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Testekill posted:

Guys, I'm playing Wrestling Revolution and the referee threw a bitch fit about me hitting him and walked out. What now?

EDIT: X-pac decided "gently caress this poo poo" during the middle of a handicap match and I instantly won

Arbitrary winning and losing with little to no input on your part is the true Wrestling Revolution

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is 2K17 instantly outdated, or will it include the brand split and the new sets for each show?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The former. Everything's locked in around April.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Universe has the mechanics for the split, though, and they might be able to slip the new belts in.

EDIT: Last lot of names for 2k17:
Asuka
Bayley
Big Boss Man
Buddy Murphy
Cactus Jack
Dean Ambrose
Diesel
Dude Love
Dusty Rhodes
Goldust
Jack Swagger
John Cena
Kane
Kevin Owens
Lex Luger
Luke Harper
Mankind
Road Dogg Jesse James (and screenshots indicate there's a NAO entrance)
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Undertaker
Vader
Wesley Blake

Nakamura, Nia and Crews are also in as DLC.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 30, 2016

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Is there or was there supposed to be some big emphasis on tag teams in this game? I like that The Natural Disasters and The Bushwhackers are in WWE 2k17, but I don't really understand why.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

punchdaily posted:

Is there or was there supposed to be some big emphasis on tag teams in this game? I like that The Natural Disasters and The Bushwhackers are in WWE 2k17, but I don't really understand why.

They were in last year's, so why not keep em around to make the roster bigger.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is 2K17 instantly outdated, or will it include the brand split and the new sets for each show?
WWE games have had brand split functionality since the brand split happened. You just assign dudes to different rosters and don't share titles between them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
2K17 sill calls the Women wrestlers as Divas.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

2K16 had Xavier Woods in New Day attire but commentary only made reference to his astonishingly brief tag run with R-Truth.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Unless I missed something, there are basically no new legends on the roster (save for Road Dogg) and several have been removed (Nation of Domination, Ken Schamrock, Savio Vega, Mikey Whipwreck, others).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

2K17 sill calls the Women wrestlers as Divas.

Can't wait to see people defend them literally not changing one word, like that's something that can't be done in 4 months of work

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't wait to see people defend them literally not changing one word, like that's something that can't be done in 4 months of work

" you know what I check Wwe.com for? The Divas!"

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
There's a list from IGN where each roster reveal was numbered. There's a has at 45 and I think it's going to be Diddy as it's the only name that could fit between DDP and Diego.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MisterGBH posted:

There's a list from IGN where each roster reveal was numbered. There's a has at 45 and I think it's going to be Diddy as it's the only name that could fit between DDP and Diego.

Dana?

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Shes a few places above them.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

If following game development has taught me anything it's that people wildly underestimate the cost of voice recording, particularly corrective voice recording.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

If following game development has taught me anything it's that people wildly underestimate the cost of voice recording, particularly corrective voice recording.

OTOH -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WsGrHzReo4

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

The THQ UFC game had this, except with good voice acting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

You expect 2K to do *work*?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I was kind of wondering how badly they'd implement Enzo & Cass' entrance in 2k16 and it was more sublime than I could have imagined, just completely lifeless. VA is its own kind of acting. It can be pretty surprising how much having a visible body makes a difference in how good they sound - one of the reasons why Pixar's work is a cut above the competition is that they don't pursue nearly as much A-list stunt casting for their roles. Most of their regulars are distinguished theater types or sitcom B- and C-listers who know what they're doing.

Anyway, point is, the deck's stacked against non-professionals even before you factor into cut-rate voice directors and a lack of studio time to record alternate takes. And that's mainly the issue - if you can't nail your lines in one or two takes the bill starts to grow significantly. Big studios typically outsource their sound for a reason.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Saw this on Reddit, people who are NOT in the game...

Characters that were in 2k16 but not 2k17
Adam Rose
Bad News Barrett
Batista
Cameron
Col Mustafa
Damien Sandow
Dlo Brown
Faarooq
Fit Finlay
General Adnan
Haku