Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i like to imagine ray hudson screaming mrzljak over and over again at the top of his lungs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
What version of the game is that? Have never seen a layout like that. The signature is neat.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Its the Vitrex skin for FM16

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dribbling controls the penalty to movement attributes that a player suffers when on the ball, so high dribbling is generally pointless without high agility.

A player with both will go round keepers (and other players) well.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

sassassin posted:

Dribbling controls the penalty to movement attributes that a player suffers when on the ball, so high dribbling is generally pointless without high agility.

A player with both will go round keepers (and other players) well.
I though it was balance that was important on ball and agility off ball?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

8bitlawd posted:

I though it was balance that was important on ball and agility off ball?

Balance controls how heavily penalised the accuracy of shots, crosses and passes are when a player is moving at speed or under challenge.

Balance is only important on the ball, agility is important for both.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Daniel Levy got bought out at Spurs and then took over Man United in my game lmao

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

sassassin when are you gonna make an grognard effort post on all the match engine details because I want one already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vpu7sBaV0
give me your knowledge

OoohU fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 24, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

8bitlawd posted:

sassassin when are you gonna make an grognard effort post on all the match engine details because I want one already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vpu7sBaV0
give me your knowledge

Here you go

It's bad

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I keep getting told that 3 of my U21 players are unhappy with the attention they're getting in tactics training - who do I need to hire or what box do I need to tick for someone else to take care of reserve team staff?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
u21s use the same coaching settings as the first team (or do for clubs I play as).

Check coaching workload for tactics isn't heavy.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Just ignore them, if they're still in the u21 squad they're poo poo anyway

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

sassassin posted:

u21s use the same coaching settings as the first team (or do for clubs I play as).

Check coaching workload for tactics isn't heavy.

Nah I have everything on light. Whatever I just released everyone in the U18 and U21 teams. Problem solved.

Anyone else find it annoying that SI thinks player contracts have a promised squad status in them?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

jyrka posted:

Nah I have everything on light. Whatever I just released everyone in the U18 and U21 teams. Problem solved.

Anyone else find it annoying that SI thinks player contracts have a promised squad status in them?

It makes sense to me. Players in real life sign for clubs with a basic understanding of how they're going to fit into a squad, and will definitely complain if their gametime doesn't match that expectation.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It's annoying but I see it being reported in the real life press quite a bit. Players complaining about game time etc.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Sure, complaining is normal but no one still has a squad status in their contract. In my experience there isn't even "an understanding" other than "if you play well you're going to get a lot of minutes, obviously, or why else would we sign you" except in obvious cases of signing an old back-up goalkeeper and the like.

Outside of top-top football, in real life some players are signed because they their dads are sponsors of the team. I know of a player who was signed to a club because his dad owned a chain of laundromats and then allowed the club to wash their stuff in there for free. This was a professional club that play in the EL regularly. Obviously not something that SI want to put in the game but it's a funny story.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Something SI might want to put in the game I just remembered was that a player who got benched for a match told the manager he should start because his InStat(a sort of a low-rent opta-type company) rating was the best in the team in the previous match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

does FM16 still use that one graphical asset for the tunnel that has the man utd logo not-quite photoshopped out?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

most goals i've ever scored in a PL match

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

what was your tactic?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

im managing palace atm too :)

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

8bitlawd posted:

what was your tactic?
just a normal shell formation

but then i have a ton of individual player instructions.

e:

rashford is practically a cheat code

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 28, 2016

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Congrats on the 2 goals :)

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
i got rashford in this one too and he will not stop trying long range shots, drives me loving nuts. had to sell him. james wilson however is a proper gem in this game

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I have a question. I manage both a club and a national team. I've noticed something about my national team players. Here's an example: a regen debuts for LA Galaxy at 18 and dominates MLS for about 4 seasons. He's also incredible at the national team level, starting as a MC. He then gets bought by a team in Ligue 1 and is merely ok, putting up average ratings of about 6.7-6.9 (compared to 7.4-7.8 in MLS). With his move to France, he suddenly started playing like dogshit for the national team too.

What the hell? Surely he's still the same player, maybe even a little better after playing with a higher level of competition? Is there some hidden stat that makes players poo poo if they aren't great at a club level?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

joshtothemaxx posted:

I have a question. I manage both a club and a national team. I've noticed something about my national team players. Here's an example: a regen debuts for LA Galaxy at 18 and dominates MLS for about 4 seasons. He's also incredible at the national team level, starting as a MC. He then gets bought by a team in Ligue 1 and is merely ok, putting up average ratings of about 6.7-6.9 (compared to 7.4-7.8 in MLS). With his move to France, he suddenly started playing like dogshit for the national team too.

What the hell? Surely he's still the same player, maybe even a little better after playing with a higher level of competition? Is there some hidden stat that makes players poo poo if they aren't great at a club level?

Morale. Club Morale will have an impact on international and vice versa.

And form.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I had this one today in a morale boosting pre season match

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
I took a long break from the game due to life changes and match engine frustrations, but the holiday weekend was a good opportunity to return to my QPR save and finally see the Rs as both champions of England and Europe in 2022. Admittedly, the European adventure was easy-mode. Benfica, Arsenal (our closest competitor in England), Ajax and a flaccid Chelsea meant we avoided any truly challenging teams, but still, champions of Europe. Feels good, man.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Just had a player score 47 league goals (and 9 assists) in 37 appearances with an average rating of 8.13, yet somehow not win Player of the Year which went to a different one of my players who averaged 7.71 with 10 goals and 21 assists. The new league record goalscorer (old record was 38) didn't even make the top 3. Second highest goalscorer in the league had 32.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

vyelkin posted:

Just had a player score 47 league goals (and 9 assists) in 37 appearances with an average rating of 8.13, yet somehow not win Player of the Year which went to a different one of my players who averaged 7.71 with 10 goals and 21 assists. The new league record goalscorer (old record was 38) didn't even make the top 3. Second highest goalscorer in the league had 32.

Was the player of the year a fullback?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Was the player of the year a fullback?

A winger.

I should clarify that this is not FM16 but an old version that I like better. Still weird though. They even touted the top goalscorer as the frontrunner for the award every time he was mentioned in a news item for the last few months of the season, then when it was time to actually pick the player he was nowhere to be found.

Maybe it's a Suarez situation since this player is an irredeemable fuckwit who gets sent off for diving twice in the same game sometimes but also just happens to be the best player in the world. For fun I looked at his hidden stats once. Sportingness attribute? 1.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

vyelkin posted:

Maybe it's a Suarez situation since this player is an irredeemable fuckwit who gets sent off for diving twice in the same game sometimes but also just happens to be the best player in the world. For fun I looked at his hidden stats once. Sportingness attribute? 1.

This would be my guess. Are you playing in one of those leagues where managers vote for the PoY? Or maybe there's some other quirk about that particular award that you'd only have a clue about if you cracked open the editor.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

i got rashford in this one too and he will not stop trying long range shots, drives me loving nuts. had to sell him. james wilson however is a proper gem in this game

Wilson is great, him and Andrei Ivan are tearing poo poo up for me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Would anyone in the UK who actually bought a physical copy of FM 2016 for some reason be willing to post me the dvd?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

Wilson is great, him and Andrei Ivan are tearing poo poo up for me.

He got a perfect 10 match rating after bagging 5 against Dortmund in the CL. Didn't even know a 10 rating was possible.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Still no news about fm17 features I see... Well, apart from the custom mascot tool

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Shazback posted:

Still no news about fm17 features I see... Well, apart from the custom mascot tool

If I can't make a terrifying Old Gods sun beast like Partick Thistle it's useless.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shazback posted:

I'm really mad about this what the gently caress it's so bad and also so useless, just like sports interactive themselves

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This is probably a :thejoke:, but you guys might check the date of that article before getting angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

I for one hope its real so I can create Shite United with a giant brown blob as the mascot running down the touchline or meeting players celebrating at the corner flag.