Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i wouldn't bother with any good items but eventually you'll be rolling in 3* poo poo so it's also not a huge loss to toss some low level gear on if you really need it

It's also good to toss random pieces of weak equipment on fodder because there are quests for equipping your characters a certain number of times which will spit out extra Keys for you when you complete them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm glad this game has auto-play now that it's starting to Throw 5 ellin teams at me.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
So how do you farm money? I have like, 93 dudes, most of them 3* 30, but no gold to power them up to fuse them. Spent it all levelling formation :v:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

LibrarianCroaker posted:

So how do you farm money? I have like, 93 dudes, most of them 3* 30, but no gold to power them up to fuse them. Spent it all levelling formation :v:

The short answer is sell some of them, but the longer answer would be to just make sure you're doing most of your key use at a specific time when you can use your hot time. Right now, at least, I specifically log on right after the Server reset, pick up my bonus keys for the Guild Check in, cash two to three hundred honor for keys and then any extras I can pick up off of Daily or Weekly quests then just go to a Boss Stage on Hard, turn on Auto-Repeat, Boost Mode and Hot Time. Right now I'm sitting on 4mil in Gold so obviously something about this is working.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

My first fusion to 6* and I get... Mao Song.

Tier list indicates that he's pretty garbage, tempted to use him to Unlock Velika... but he's only my 3rd 3*.

Thoughts?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Does his cooldown affect his skills, or your entire parties skills?

Because that, full turn immunity and aoe stun looks good to me.

I definitely wouldn't use him as an unlocker if you're light on 6* units though, even if his skills turn out to not be that great.

Raise him to 30 and go use him in tower/adventure/dailies etc and see how he performs.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

LornMarkus posted:

The short answer is sell some of them, but the longer answer would be to just make sure you're doing most of your key use at a specific time when you can use your hot time. Right now, at least, I specifically log on right after the Server reset, pick up my bonus keys for the Guild Check in, cash two to three hundred honor for keys and then any extras I can pick up off of Daily or Weekly quests then just go to a Boss Stage on Hard, turn on Auto-Repeat, Boost Mode and Hot Time. Right now I'm sitting on 4mil in Gold so obviously something about this is working.

Oh, right. Boost mode does increase money, nice. Thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know arena doesn't matter but i swear i can't tell you how many times i've watched a fight come down to a 2v2 on both sides and my remaining two units have three possible good skills to use out of four and 100% of the time the AI picks the one bad skill, busting a single target nuke on the zombie unit instead of the aoe debuff or the aoe that reduces buff duration that will both win the fight.

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
I got my first random 7 Knight and it's Rachel :dance: I ranked her up to 5 stars and I have the material to get her to 6, but I still need more heroes to power her up.
I also fused two 5* for the first time and got Alice. She's... OK, I guess? Probably won't keep her around.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mao Song is fairly okay short term, his AoE stun is very strong and with some Spd and Counter items he'll be recharging that pretty constantly. His other skill will do some decent damage in CR as well. His cooldown reduction only effects him though.

Alice is very solid in general if you don't have an Ace already. Her passive gives them 'Increased Damage Received' which stacks with literally anything except Ace's active skill. Her Res lets you give anyone dead Immortality for 2 turns and a 50% damage amp which is pretty insane. Also a decent heal with a full debuff clear is really nice utility to have.

If you guys are looking at the KR tier list, it's 100% wrong for the Global version of the game. We're like, almost a year behind in terms of new releases and content. We don't even have Awakenings yet which completely changes any hero who gets one. You can use it to see who is good far into the future, but it's not going to tell you much about who is good or bad right now.

rabidsquid posted:

i know arena doesn't matter but i swear i can't tell you how many times i've watched a fight come down to a 2v2 on both sides and my remaining two units have three possible good skills to use out of four and 100% of the time the AI picks the one bad skill, busting a single target nuke on the zombie unit instead of the aoe debuff or the aoe that reduces buff duration that will both win the fight.

Welcome to arena mode. :shepicide: This is also why Giparang + Black Rose is a disgusting combo early on, you simply can't target anyone other than Giparang so Black Rose is free to just murder your whole team (and she will, trust me), unless you've got a ton of AoEs on your team.
Somehow I've managed to claw my way into the 1500s now. Giparang unlocked with almost 80 Spd, 25% Counter Rate, and an accessory with 30% chance of stun on normal hits, getting the job done. Now I just need to desperately find someone to replace Jam with.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Welcome to arena mode. :shepicide: This is also why Giparang + Black Rose is a disgusting combo early on, you simply can't target anyone other than Giparang so Black Rose is free to just murder your whole team (and she will, trust me), unless you've got a ton of AoEs on your team.
Somehow I've managed to claw my way into the 1500s now. Giparang unlocked with almost 80 Spd, 25% Counter Rate, and an accessory with 30% chance of stun on normal hits, getting the job done. Now I just need to desperately find someone to replace Jam with.

Yeah, I've managed to claw my way to the same level with a team of Yu Shin, Ky Kiske, Giaparang, Dellons and Ace. And yeah, while you're never going to learn anything unless you watch the Arena matches I personally suggest you don't most of the time because it's pretty asinine watching your guys continuously attacking Zombies over living enemies, refusing to use Buff removing moves when they would be most useful, etc. :eng99:

Basically, just focus on Unlocking and Transcending your heroes and your rank should rise all on its own. If it doesn't maybe start watching to see what's going on, but otherwise you're just torturing yourself.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mosch posted:

I got my first random 7 Knight and it's Rachel :dance: I ranked her up to 5 stars and I have the material to get her to 6, but I still need more heroes to power her up.
I also fused two 5* for the first time and got Alice. She's... OK, I guess? Probably won't keep her around.

Alice is super loving good. Her passive is really useful in all pve stuff, her heal clears debuffs, and her resurrection is okay, altho the revived unit can't have debuffs cleared and no longer have your passive buffs applied to them.

edit: As far as arena, I actually hit 1400 today. My second to most recent 6* fusion was Yu Shin, so I am rocking a team of Ruri/Rachel/Lee Jung/Guan Yu/Yu Shin. It's a mostly defensive team that depending on the order of skill usage just totally shuts down the other team. Every now and then they open with the Yu Shin aoe skill cd increase followed up with the full team damage immunity and Lee Jung gets some counter attacks in. When things go badly they decide to use all of their aoes to kill everyone but Wukong, while also never using any buff removal spells. I just fused a 6* Da Qiao today and was thinking of replacing Lee Jung or Guan Yu with her since she has that passive that's pretty good against Ace or Lu Bu but she seems extremely bad against Wukong in general.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 28, 2016

Mosch
Jul 30, 2013
Yeah, I noticed how useful Alice is after using her in a few fights. My current team is 6* Rachel, 5* Velika, 5* Shane, 6* Alice and 5* Aragon.

Another question: I got my Rachel to 6 stars and she's level 30. I should be able to transcend her now, right? I have the guide quest to do that and I have a Transcender Fina (1 Star, Level 30). How do I do that? Fina doesn't show up on the Transcend screen, locked or unlocked, doesn't matter.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Seems like Fina doesn't work on 7k, she certainly wasn't available for my Rachel either.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Seems like Fina doesn't work on 7k, she certainly wasn't available for my Rachel either.

Transcender Fina and Unlocker Leah don't work on characters from the Special category (7Knights, Four Lords, Former Four Lords) or any character from the Collaboration tab of the unit listings. Unfortunately you'll have to rank up another character to 6* to use her, I made the same mistake with my Rachel.

Fun fact: what this means is any time you see an opponent in the Arena with one of those characters at 40, that means they've drawn that same Four Lord or whatever six times. Hate them all the more now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I do have to say I don't understand how roughly 50-75% of the people i see in silver in the arena have Wukong, Ace and Lu Bu. Lu Bu isn't even really a problem, but loving Wukong ughhhhh.

I would like to get an Ace because he's an adorable babby swordsman.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I do have to say I don't understand how roughly 50-75% of the people i see in silver in the arena have Wukong, Ace and Lu Bu. Lu Bu isn't even really a problem, but loving Wukong ughhhhh.

I would like to get an Ace because he's an adorable babby swordsman.

Selectors for them are given out every so often, so anyone who's played for long enough will have every Special Character. But a lot of them, especially anyone that has them Transcended has simply whaled out to some degree.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
At what point are heroes worth tiering up from 4*? Obviously 7K/4L are in this category, but I also have a 4* shane and yu shin, both of which are "S" in at least one thing in the KR tier list

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shane and Yu Shin are both definitely worth it if you have the resources to get them up.

Remember that the KR tier list is completely wrong for the Global version of the game. We don't have a bunch of heroes, we don't have Awakenings yet, we don't have the higher level cap, we're missing whole game mechanics, etc. It's good to look at if you want to see what will remain useful down the line though.

The obvious strategy is to prioritize stuff that is both immediately useful now and will continue to be useful in the future. Shane should be most people's top priority because not only is she one of the two best (practically speaking) damage dealers right now, but she gets an Awakening later and thus continues to be decent down the line. Beyond that, anything that is immediately useful for CR/Raid/Arena is good to work on as well, you'll get more rewards and thus it will become easier for you to Rank Up, Power Up, and Gear stuff in the future.

If you need to know specifically who is useful now, generally just ask here or check the sub Reddit. There's a decent (but now somewhat outdated) doc that has a bunch of useful summaries of who is useful for what: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OJ-YSFhNIol7QVKaWQ0fYvQwMoiqtSuObDkzL278uN0/edit?usp=sharing

It's now about 6 months out of date but a lot of it is still fairly accurate.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 29, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

gwrtheyrn posted:

At what point are heroes worth tiering up from 4*? Obviously 7K/4L are in this category, but I also have a 4* shane and yu shin, both of which are "S" in at least one thing in the KR tier list

There's a long list of characters that are worth having for various reasons but a lot of it really comes down to your personal interest too. If you want to do better in the Arena a Yu Shin or a Giaparang will help a lot. If you want to do well in the Tower or the Dailies then a Xiao can be immensely helpful, if you want to do well in Eileen's Castle Rush you really want a Victoria, etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/7kglobal/comments/4qw7in/selector_guide_updated/

Roughly speaking reading that list as an if/then format will give you a lot of guidance.

"Do you have a Shane? If no get one, if yes then do you have a May or a Lee Jung?" an so forth and so on.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The Reddit selector guide would be significantly more useful if it were categorized by game mode instead of element type, IMO.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
So just to confirm, there's no official GoonGuild? No LL7K or anything that I need a secret handshake to join?

Also, unrelated, I keep hearing how amazing Shane and Jupy are. I have both of them -- Shane at 5* and Jupy at 4*. I haven't been working too hard on pumping them up, since I have a 6* 32 Bi Dam who wrecks house. Are Shane and Jupy so much better that I should focus on getting Shane or Jupy to 6* ASAP and put Bi Dam on the back burner?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shane is as far as I am aware the by far best single target dps unit in the game. Jupy is supposed to be good as the secondary/second raid team dps, but with raid changing I don't know if thats still a thing you will need. Bi Dam seems more like a pvp unit to me, although piercing and silence can both be useful in pve/tower.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Jam is actually waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Shane, like it's not even remotely close. But Jam is a collab hero so that's pretty much an immediate write-off to begin with, and Shane eventually gets an Awoken form as well. Jupy is also only slightly worse than Shane really.

Bi Dam is indeed a very solid PvP hero for early on, Speed Attack is king, Pierce and Silence are both nice as well.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

s1ppycup posted:

So just to confirm, there's no official GoonGuild? No LL7K or anything that I need a secret handshake to join?

Negative, the way guilds work, you need a bunch of shitkickers who can propel your entire guild to victory in castle rush every day, and ideally interested enough to do guild wars as well (which has the super super annoying trait of locking your team for a day and you can't upgrade/change those characters while they're stuck in a guild war).

Consequently it's easier to just join some public guild that has 20-30 checkins a day and get your free goodies from castle rush chests (and if you're lucky they do GW as well for more free loot).

They're also expensive as gently caress to upgrade the guild hall etc.

All that said, if you're interested in creating one, go for it, there's definitely no harm in doing so.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah, until we have probably 5+ goons who can carry guild rush I don't think a goon guild would be very useful to anyone. I can crush CR easy but sometimes struggle to hit 160k on CR normal, and I think the entire guild needs to be able to hit 160k on CR normal in order to get the S tier chest every day. i do fine most of the time because of Rachel but have no way to stop the death debuff, for instance.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
Alrighty, thanks. Guess I'l keep an eye on the r/7kglobal recruitment thread. The guild I'm in now only gets enough check-ins for 10 keys/day, and we usually only get a-rank on easy (normal?) CR. If anyone knows of a guild looking for active players, hit me up. My CR score is usually around 200k. Haven't been able to escape bronze arena yet, and IDK if I ever will. How are there so many people with full teams of level 40 +5 dudes still chilling at 1100? Are they just people who play a lot, but don't tailor their roster to the current PvP meta?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I dunno about those people. Like I would think they are probably just sitting there to troll new players? But you wouldn't even get any feedback from doing that to them. And It seems like you can't even fall out of your current Rank category after the weekly reset? Like I was at ~1500 and reset down to the start of Silver (1400). Maybe it eventually resets completely at some point?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah I dunno about those people. Like I would think they are probably just sitting there to troll new players? But you wouldn't even get any feedback from doing that to them. And It seems like you can't even fall out of your current Rank category after the weekly reset? Like I was at ~1500 and reset down to the start of Silver (1400). Maybe it eventually resets completely at some point?

My guess would be that at least some of them were Super Whales that got bored and left the game, as I imagine not participating in Arena at all would eventually decay your rank down to poo poo. Annoying that they don't just get phased out so the bottom ranks are a total crap shoot but I'm sure there's some monetization design philosophy guiding that decision.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Goon guild when?

Edit: Woah. Just got Spike from a drop. He's good, right?

Agoat fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 30, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Agoat posted:

Goon guild when?

When we have a reliable group of people who can clear Castle Rush on S-Rank, as well as preferably formidable enough to plow through Guild War. Right now I can pull 2mil pretty regularly on an Easy CR but I've yet to try the Normal. Also someone would need to step up and be Guild Leader, cause it sure as hell won't be me.

Edit: Actually, to add to that, we also frankly need a lot of people who we know are sticking around. As far as I can tell Guild Size is capped at 30 and gives rewards for things like Daily Check in and overall participation. If we start a Guild now and half the people drop out in a week it'll be more than a little frustrating.

LornMarkus fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 30, 2016

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay

s1ppycup posted:

Also, unrelated, I keep hearing how amazing Shane and Jupy are. I have both of them -- Shane at 5* and Jupy at 4*. I haven't been working too hard on pumping them up, since I have a 6* 32 Bi Dam who wrecks house. Are Shane and Jupy so much better that I should focus on getting Shane or Jupy to 6* ASAP and put Bi Dam on the back burner?

There was a goon guild back around the time of launch, but it was abandoned before I found out about it (there wasn't a thread, just posts in the mobile games megathread).

It is better to stick with only one strong single target DPS-er and get them maxed out first. Eventually you will want a second one for your second raid team, but it is much better to have one really strong raid team than two mediocre ones. Having a good single target attacker will help you in Castle Rush and some of the hard daily dungeons too.

The official 7 Knights Facebook page reached 770k likes so apparently we will get more free stuff! They haven't said what yet, though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

LornMarkus posted:

When we have a reliable group of people who can clear Castle Rush on S-Rank, as well as preferably formidable enough to plow through Guild War. Right now I can pull 2mil pretty regularly on an Easy CR but I've yet to try the Normal. Also someone would need to step up and be Guild Leader, cause it sure as hell won't be me.

Edit: Actually, to add to that, we also frankly need a lot of people who we know are sticking around. As far as I can tell Guild Size is capped at 30 and gives rewards for things like Daily Check in and overall participation. If we start a Guild now and half the people drop out in a week it'll be more than a little frustrating.

Fair enough.

Also, lol the knight I got is the one that didn't get a buff.

Edit: Maybe instead of a guild we could have a Discord?

Agoat fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 30, 2016

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Agoat posted:

Fair enough.

Also, lol the knight I got is the one that didn't get a buff.

Edit: Maybe instead of a guild we could have a Discord?

It helps to note that he is getting a buff still, it'll just be when they finish reworking the Freeze status because they felt he was otherwise on point.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

LornMarkus posted:

It helps to note that he is getting a buff still, it'll just be when they finish reworking the Freeze status because they felt he was otherwise on point.

That's pretty cool. I'm still in the early game so even if he hasn't gotten a buff he's still really cool to have. I just need an elemental thing to get him to 5*.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
How do keys work? It claims that I gain a key every 10 mins, up to 9999, but I've not seen that number increase outside of quests/purchases.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Incy posted:

How do keys work? It claims that I gain a key every 10 mins, up to 9999, but I've not seen that number increase outside of quests/purchases.

I think it only goes up if you're under a certain number? (that you'll never be under unless you're farming yourself blue in the face afaict)

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got a 5* Dark Element but I need a 4* one to level up my Spike. :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you will end up with a 4* dark elemental in two weeks worst case scenario by ranking up the 3* one from the daily dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Added myself as SuprDlfn to the spreadsheet and sent friend reqs to the first couple of dozen. I'm fairly pimped out for a F2P so I can help carry some people.

For newbies:
* Castle Rush points will arrive each time you fight in CR. Save these up and buy the 3* Element Selectors. Two 3*s = one 4* at a much cheaper rate than the 4* Selector, but at the cost of spending gold and leveling and +5ing one of them.
* There are very few human units that are total poo poo. The general rule is that if it's a monster, it's food for fusion or +5ing; if it's human, ask first before dumping it. There are a tiny handful of non-human units (Leo comes to mind) who might have uses while you're building a real team.
* Quests are your friends. Even if they're mindless grinding, do every daily, weekly and monthly quest that you can. The rewards are pretty nice.
* Grinding is your friend. Slog through Gold Chambers to make Celestial Tower levels easier, do Arena, do Raid once you can, plod through levels, always do the special dungeons.
* The 10+1 summon shop rate for anything decent completely blows.
* Rubies are for masteries. Honor is for keys. Gold is for fusion and ranking. Costumes are for whales. Topazes will be for transcend units, eventually.

• Locked thread