Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone got any advice for offing Imperialdramon PM in Cyber Sleuth? Every time he gets smacked down past half-health he declares "The forefather's sword?!" and proceeds to gently caress my entire party into the ground with one-hit kills

I got Lilithmon as suggested, and sweet jesus christ. I was wondering what difference she'd make against Leopardmon's Challenge version, and I wasn't expecting a single shot of Phantom Pain to nuke two-goddamn-thirds of his lifebar away :suspense:. Nevermind the other bosses she's been put up against since.

I've also obliterated leveling entirely. Two PlatinumNumemon with three Tactician USB's amongst them (ie; 5x normal XP), Omnimon to sweep most encounters, and Imperialdramon in the reserves for forcing encounters. Tap Square twice, hit Option, wait for the XP to wash over the few non-99 Digimon I'm still mucking about with. Seeing them go from Level 1 to 40 in a single encounter really is a beautiful thing :stonklol:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got any advice for offing Imperialdramon PM in Cyber Sleuth?

That's basically a puzzle fight, where you have to survive his uber-attacks long enough for him to say "Such power..." or something, and then you can one-shot him. Jesmon has a special move that makes him invulnerable for a round. Put some SP boosts on him and you're good to go.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thoughts on Atelier Annie?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Terper posted:

I want to say the Colonel or someone played it recently and seemed to like it. That's the DS one where you're running a resort or something right?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Seriously, let the little bastard die already. We all know it's done, just accept it Sony.

But it can't die because Vita means life

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Slur posted:

But it can't die because Vita means life

Does this mean the psTV was hometown?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Does this mean the psTV was hometown?

The Xbox One is hometown.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Junpei Hyde posted:

The Xbox One is hometown.

:fry:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Terper posted:

it's pretty good if you want a cute game with fun characters and lots of small cutscenes between them but the core atelier gameplay stuff in it is super simplistic and kind of repetitive, and sometimes it can get confusing trying to figure out how to get the materials you need to craft something

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Tired Moritz posted:

name me a rpg game on the pc
LISA, Undertale, and the Shadowruns.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
here's an rpg on pc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrjAVq5VVtY

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also when it comes to PoE I liked its writing enough. I also feel it had good mission design that allows you to roleplay in different ways which made the game fun and made me want to do every sidequest I could find. I feel that PoE 2 will have stronger writing, because Obsidian had to play it safe with the first game and it was their Hail Mary play that saveed them from bankruptcy. I think The White March was an improvement already.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 28, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Exist Archive out?

...Is it good?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

lead dev: hey looks like you got the final boss patterns worked out
falcom employee: what, no thats just my screensaver-
lead dev: perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOginOZl1Pk&t=57s

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Exist Archive out?

...Is it good?

No, no.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Stexils posted:

lead dev: hey looks like you got the final boss patterns worked out
falcom employee: what, no thats just my screensaver-
lead dev: perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOginOZl1Pk&t=57s

I feel like singling out Dark Fact is disingenuous when, you know, every boss in Ys 1 is either a tedious slog to some degree or an otherwise fun straightforward slug fest that dies in thirty seconds because of the grinding you had to do to beat the tedious ones. :v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the giant floating rock boss of ys 1 where the strategy is to wiggle the analog stick as fast as you possibly can

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Last Celebration posted:

I feel like singling out Dark Fact is disingenuous when, you know, every boss in Ys 1 is either a tedious slog to some degree or an otherwise fun straightforward slug fest that dies in thirty seconds because of the grinding you had to do to beat the tedious ones. :v:

Well you can't really grind much in Ys 1, the max level is 9 and you'll probably hit that before the dumb vampire boss just playing normally.

Surprised I actually finished it, though I suppose it does have an advantage in only bring about five hours long.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seriously if you thought Dark Fact was bad check out this tedious poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URChh1eVoBM

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thanks awful app

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sakurazuka posted:

Thanks awful app

It just means we get to see the cutie in your avatar for a third time in as many posts, so it isn't all bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite steam review: 'this game for the hardcore gamer. dark fact gives no mercy to the weak soul.'

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Well you can't really grind much in Ys 1, the max level is 9 and you'll probably hit that before the dumb vampire boss just playing normally.

Surprised I actually finished it, though I suppose it does have an advantage in only bring about five hours long.

It's 10, but yeah it's pretty absurd that you'll grind the level cap to beat the unfunnest Ys boss ever Vagullon and then spend the last third of the game capped when there's still four bosses and a shitton of monsters. The TurboGrafix version actually fixed it by making the cap 30, which makes chronicles even worse.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ys 2 is way better than the first one just for fire magic actually giving combat any sort of interesting dynamic to build bosses around

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I've cleared Ys 1 like seven times across different versions/systems but never beaten Ys 2. There's something very wrong with me, and I accept this dark fact.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Last Celebration posted:

It's 10, but yeah it's pretty absurd that you'll grind the level cap to beat the unfunnest Ys boss ever Vagullon and then spend the last third of the game capped when there's still four bosses and a shitton of monsters. The TurboGrafix version actually fixed it by making the cap 30, which makes chronicles even worse.

I thought it was really interesting that Ys 1 (effectively) limited your progression to new equipment once you unlocked the tower. The bosses sucked, especially Dark Fact and the Mirror Heads, but that was neat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

quote:

Famitsu gave both the Vita and PS4 versions of the game a 33/40 rating, with the four reviewers giving the title scores of 8/8/8/9.

Famitsu would never lie to me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Famitsu gave FF13-2 and the bad JoJo fighter 40/40.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Has Famitsu ever given any game a bad review? Not even being sarcastic, this is an honest question because I've never heard someone say "man Famitsu really bashed this game"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

famitsu gave dirge of cerberus a 28/40 and it was an incredibly low review that made squeenix furious

so a 33/40 is not a good score at all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope it's actually good because I really like the art and I want Mino Taro to succeed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Famitsu is like the most public about taking money for reviews, to the point that Sakurai went "Wait, that score's way too high" when they reviewed one of his games.

The only useful thing they do is tell you which companies are too poor to pay and suck up to the famitsu editors.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you ever read the famitsu reviews they give the most insane contradictory opinions ever to justify whatever score the developers paid for, and since there's 4 reviews for each game each of them is a super tiny blurb that tells you basically nothing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tired Moritz posted:

quote:

8/8/8/9
Famitsu would never lie to me.

why are they listing the average framerates on the vita version?

Motto posted:

Famitsu gave FF13-2 and the bad JoJo fighter 40/40.

but 13-2 is good even if it's real easy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Colonel posted:

ys 2 is way better than the first one just for fire magic actually giving combat any sort of interesting dynamic to build bosses around

Counterpoint: Ys 2 has the Shrine of Solomon(?) which is one of the most confusing and boring final dungeons I've ever played in a videogame

I do like how Ys 2 has a spell that lets Adol transform into an animal and then he has completely unique dialog with npcs. Unique dialog when you hit them with spells too, right?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

ys 1 had some bad parts (most bosses, having to backtrack down and up 5 floors of the last dungeon through a maze) but overall it was pretty fun and a nice break from modern games to the old school design where theres no tutorial and you just jump right in. plus it was over before i could really get tired of it.

dark fact sucks in every way though. i played on normal and he was a pita im so glad i didnt do nightmare

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Can confirm, Atelier Annie is good, but my hotel isn't getting any visitors :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

That's basically a puzzle fight, where you have to survive his uber-attacks long enough for him to say "Such power..." or something, and then you can one-shot him. Jesmon has a special move that makes him invulnerable for a round. Put some SP boosts on him and you're good to go.

Ugh, I hate those. Such power... *stabs self in head*.

Finished Cyber Story and it's always nice to see a fun happy ending :unsmith:. Was actually surprised that Nokia didn't turn out to be the protagonist's long-lost sister or something, because that bright red hair seemed pretty out-of-place compared to the rest of the cast.

I didn't actually find the Offline Colosseum until endgame either, so the first few ones were In-Training's and Rookies getting stepped on by colossal Mega-level Digimon and smeared across the floor :gibs:.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dark Fact? More like he can get Dark Fukt, his boss fight is terrible. Every time I think about replaying the first two Ys games, that boss fight and Vagullion put me off completely.

voltcatfish posted:

Counterpoint: Ys 2 has the Shrine of Solomon(?) which is one of the most confusing and boring final dungeons I've ever played in a videogame

I do like how Ys 2 has a spell that lets Adol transform into an animal and then he has completely unique dialog with npcs. Unique dialog when you hit them with spells too, right?

I think every enemy had unique dialog with Adol in Roo form too. It was a neat touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finished Cyber Story and it's always nice to see a fun happy ending :unsmith:

Doesn't King Drasil, or possibly Suedou, in the process of rewriting history to prevent everything that went bad, still decide to drop the Sleuth into a coma for eight loving years? Thanks, Kingie/Suedou. You're a peach.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 28, 2016