Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Someone drafted Randall Cobb before Jordy Nelson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Notes from the first half of Raiders - Titans:
- Tajae Sharpe looks like he could eventually be a poor man's Jordy Nelson. Good routes (and he apparently is good across the whole route tree from both the slot and out wide), very fast acceleration, great hands. But his timing with Mariota had issues tonight. They didn't connect in stride at all this game - Sharpe simply stopped and waited at the end of his routes a number of times, and had to slow down for an underthrown sideline pass on another instance. Also seemed to have a slight propensity to get pushed around. I had heard he has a small frame, but it's another thing to see that actually really be a problem on the field. If his rapport with Mariota grows during the season, he could easily be the #1 option in the passing game.
- Derick Henry looks like an actual real-life Titan. On first downs, it seems like he can just fall over and gain six yards at will. What he does is pretty uncomplicated - definitely not a flashy runner. He's like a bigger, faster, stronger JStew.
- Mariota looks good. Comfortable. Smart and decisive when leaving the pocket, with a notable ballsy-as-hell fake lateral followed by a juke and an actual lateral.
- I can hardly believe it, but this whole offense actually looks both "exotic" and "smashmouth". I think I saw a triple-option-fake-flea-flicker? I still don't know what exotic smashmouth actually is, but apparently it's something that you know when you see it. Some of it worked, some of it was gimmicky schoolyard bullshit (which is fun and awesome but probably not going to win superbowls).
- I can't name more than 3 people on the Titan's defense and I just watched them play for two quarters.
- AJ8081 looked equal parts slow and savvy. He's been there the shortest but looks like he's been playing with Mariota for years. Still looks gassed, but hey maybe rapport is worth something (because I'm not sure Mariota has it with anybody else right now save maybe Delanie Walker, who took himself out because he "couldn't catch his breath", whatever that means).

- Amari Cooper owns and was the best offensive player on the field for either team.
- Washington looked sharp. Could be a valuable handcuff to Latavius Murray this year (note: you don't need to own Murray to target Washington).
- Folks are fouling the hell out of Kalil Mack. Cheating is probably the only way to prevent Mack from blowing everything the gently caress up on every single play, so maybe this is something that teams continue to do this year (that and double teams).
- Don't sleep on Crabtree, particularly for Standard Leagues.
- I had hoped this offensive line would look better run blocking, particularly against this defense. Hopefully they're just keeping things under wraps until the actual season.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 28, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tajae Mariota chemistry will come with time

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it time for The Maxx?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ok hear me out on this. I don't think Dez or Witten's values should go down... I think they should go up. I don't think Romo was that great before he went down last year. His yards per attempt were bottoming out and he was trending towards a negative TD:INT ratio for the first time in his career despite how great his o-line was. I think, had he started this year, the Cowboys receivers could have been limited in their long ball TD potential while enjoying their normal high completion rates in short and intermediate routes.

Mississippi State's offense in his time there has always been about working high octane passes down the sidelines and ten yards off the LOS. He was asked to and was tasked with a lot of NFL quality throws and completed them at a reasonably high clip. I usually toss out all college stats and will concede that Dak's arm talent is limited, but the Cowboys could conceivably have the better player at this point in both their careers. Not inconceivable, I think.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

Ok hear me out on this. I don't think Dez or Witten's values should go down... I think they should go up. I don't think Romo was that great before he went down last year. His yards per attempt were bottoming out and he was trending towards a negative TD:INT ratio for the first time in his career despite how great his o-line was. I think, had he started this year, the Cowboys receivers could have been limited in their long ball TD potential while enjoying their normal high completion rates in short and intermediate routes.

Mississippi State's offense in his time there has always been about working high octane passes down the sidelines and ten yards off the LOS. He was asked to and was tasked with a lot of NFL quality throws and completed them at a reasonably high clip. I usually toss out all college stats and will concede that Dak's arm talent is limited, but the Cowboys could conceivably have the better player at this point in both their careers. Not inconceivable, I think.

Not inconceivable, but you're also looking at a situation where the risk has skyrocketed. You have no real idea what Prescott is capable of when defenses plan for him. He's done well in preseason, sure, but it's preseason.

At least with Dez you're looking at a first or second round pick. Is he capable of doing great things even with a poor QB? Possibly. But you have to decide if the risk is right.

Now if he falls to the third then I grab in immediately.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Forever_Peace posted:

- Washington looked sharp. Could be a valuable handcuff to Latavius Murray this year (note: you don't need to own Murray to target Washington).
That first red zone series for the Raiders was key for me when I watched this game. Handoff to the FB that goes nowhere (but gets a facemask call), a false start penalty to go backwards, then two immediate targets to Washington resulting in a touchdown. I'm avoiding Murray and investing in Washington everywhere I can because that kid can play and he can catch passes. They don't have an established third receiver or veteran TE and with Marcel Reece suspended for the first three games, he could have week 1 value without even needing to be the starter (yet).

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
DeMarco and Gore for Watkins and Foster - who wins out in that trade?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Someone drafted Randall Cobb before Jordy Nelson

drat tell my brother whatup

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

POTATO BLIGHT posted:

DeMarco and Gore for Watkins and Foster - who wins out in that trade?

Let's break it down.

I think DeMarco and Gore are both hovering around 15 touches this year. Henry looks legitimate enough to get at least a 70/30 share and Gore is just in that type of offense that will produce minimal carries. On the plus side DeMarco should have the third down role locked up once they realize how poo poo McCluster is and Gore doesn't have a lot of legitimate competition behind him.

Watkins is in an unreliable Rex Ryan offense and Foster has legitimate competition in Ajayi and Williams/Pead for the trash carries, plus he's always hurt. But Watkins put up 1k and 9 TDs last year with a bunch of strong games right around playoff time despite the Buffalo weather. He's also immensely talented. Foster is a way better runner than anyone on the Phins and Ajayi looked ponderous in the preseason, so when Foster is healthy he can produce, and I think he was injured all last year when he was playing which could explain his really crappy YPC.

In a vacuum with how valuable WRs are in my PPR league I'd take Watkins and Foster. In a non-ppr I'd grab DeMarco and Gore probably.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ches and chuckbty I sent invites for my super casual ppr work league, called Johnny Manziels Rehab Clinic. We have 3 spots if someone else wants in, just drop your email. Will probably draft sometime wed/thurs of this week or next during happy hour east coast time. will provide info via email to not poo poo up the thread.

How does Romo's injury affect your drafting of Elliott goons?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

once they realize how poo poo McCluster is

Ahahahhahahahaha good joke

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Metapod posted:

Ahahahhahahahaha good joke

You'd rather have McCluster in on third down than Murray or Henry?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

You'd rather have McCluster in on third down than Murray or Henry?

It's 2016 and the coach gave mccluster a guaranteed roster spot they aren't realizing poo poo

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So my league had its draft last night. I'm the 4th team and my buddy in prison who drafted via phone is the 10th team.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 28, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

First draft of the year. 12 man 0PPR. I had pick 12/12. How did I do?

QB -- Derek Carr
RB -- Jamaal Charles
RB -- Lamar Miller
WR -- Jeremy Maclin
WR -- Donte Moncrief
FLEX -- Carlos Hyde
TE -- Jared Cook
BN-- Kelvin Benjamin
BN-- Melvin Gordan
BN-- D. Jackson
BN-- M. Crabtree
BN-- M. Jones
BN-- M. Stafford
Kicker/Def -- who cares

I think I probably need to get another RB, just to be safe, but I think I grabbed so much value, I don't know who I would drop. Thoughts?

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

MacheteZombie posted:

So my league had its draft last night. I'm the 4th team and my buddy in prison who drafted via phone is the 10th team.

How bad were you wanting AB84 to drop to 4?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There is a "rate my team" thread, my pals

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Prophecy120 posted:

How bad were you wanting AB84 to drop to 4?

I thought I had a chance for about 5 seconds (which was how long it took the 3rd spot to make their pick)

e: Also the process went fairly smoothly with my buddy calling in for this picks. There were times where it would take awhile for him to call which caused the draft to go longer, but it was expected and everyone was having a good time getting drunk and eating buffalo chicken dip. The last 3 picks my buddy made were auto picks because it was lights out when we got there.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 28, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

the_american_dream posted:

There is a "rate my team" thread, my pals

Is there? Is it called something else, because I don't see it at all.

MacheteZombie posted:

I thought I had a chance for about 5 seconds (which was how long it took the 3rd spot to make their pick)

e: Also the process went fairly smoothly with my buddy calling in for this picks. There were times where it would take awhile for him to call which caused the draft to go longer, but it was expected and everyone was having a good time getting drunk and eating buffalo chicken dip. The last 3 picks my buddy made were auto picks because it was lights out when we got there.

In my mind, he was forcibly dragged into solitary because he wouldn't get off the phone, screaming about autodrafting a defense the entire way.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Sataere posted:

QB -- Derek Carr
RB -- Jamaal Charles
RB -- Lamar Miller
WR -- Jeremy Maclin
WR -- Donte Moncrief
FLEX -- Carlos Hyde
TE -- Jared Cook
BN-- Kelvin Benjamin
BN-- Melvin Gordan
BN-- D. Jackson
BN-- M. Crabtree
BN-- M. Jones
BN-- M. Stafford
Kicker/Def -- who cares

I think I probably need to get another RB, just to be safe, but I think I grabbed so much value, I don't know who I would drop. Thoughts?

Keep as-is and hope Jones or Gordon become fantasy-serviceable players.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

Is there? Is it called something else, because I don't see it at all.

"Fantasy Football 2016 Rate My Team: C-Mike Appreciation Station"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

Keep as-is and hope Jones or Gordon become fantasy-serviceable players.

To be clear, that is Marvin Jones, not Matt Jones. Hence my concern about running back depth. I posted in the other thread.

Thanks

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

QB -- Derek Carr
RB -- Jamaal Charles
RB -- Lamar Miller
WR -- Jeremy Maclin
WR -- Donte Moncrief
FLEX -- Carlos Hyde
TE -- Jared Cook
BN-- Kelvin Benjamin
BN-- Melvin Gordan
BN-- D. Jackson
BN-- M. Crabtree
BN-- M. Jones
BN-- M. Stafford
Kicker/Def -- who cares

DeSean Jackson can easily be replaced by any WR3 you can get off waivers midseason. A boom/bust WR who will likely be 3rd or 4th in target share on the Redskins. Feel free to lose him for an RB lotto ticket.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I really don't think it'll matter outside of a few DFS plays, but my hot take is that Jared Abbederis is going to the the Packers' #3 WR before the fantasy playoffs start

I was hyping him all up during the Goontier A draft only because I wanted our sole autodrafter to get his players in alphabetical order

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

DeSean Jackson can easily be replaced by any WR3 you can get off waivers midseason. A boom/bust WR who will likely be 3rd or 4th in target share on the Redskins. Feel free to lose him for an RB lotto ticket.

He missed the first half of last season, but was pretty incredible for that offense in the second half. I think he is seriously undervalued in 0PPR. But I do get where you are coming from.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Tiptoes posted:

What? baring injury he will lead the team in targets. Close 2nd to reed at worst

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Papes posted:

What? baring injury he will lead the team in targets. Close 2nd to reed at worst
Cousins' skillset is more suited to possession-type WRs, not deep threats like Jackson. If they scheme the ball to him he could have a bounceback year, but Reed is the unquestioned #1 in that offense and Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder are going to have larger roles than Jackson owners are going to prefer. I don't see how Jackson will be a predictable WR3 to own and on Sataere's team, he is a fungible player. Why keep him around if you have guys like Maclin/Moncrief/Benjamin/Jones/Crabtree who all sport 20% target shares?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Djax is Washington's best wr. Kirk will throw the ball to his best wr.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jordan Reed tho

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Tiptoes posted:

Cousins' skillset is more suited to possession-type WRs, not deep threats like Jackson. If they scheme the ball to him he could have a bounceback year, but Reed is the unquestioned #1 in that offense and Pierre Garcon and Jamison Crowder are going to have larger roles than Jackson owners are going to prefer. I don't see how Jackson will be a predictable WR3 to own and on Sataere's team, he is a fungible player. Why keep him around if you have guys like Maclin/Moncrief/Benjamin/Jones/Crabtree who all sport 20% target shares?

Because why drop him a lesser player? He had double digits points most games he played in last season. Reed might be the number one, but his availability is a constant question.

Also, I don't think you watched Washington play last season if you think they are running a dink and dunk offense. Cousins definitely has no problems pushing it down the field.

And how does DJax not get 20% target shares when compared to that group? What distribution are you seeing that I am missing? Is Reed getting 80% of the looks?

Crowder is a second year player who hasn't proven anything. It is unlikely he turns into DeAndre Hopkins. Jones and Moncrief are odd examples for 20% tare shares,when they ate both in spots with more proven mouths to feed.

I am just curious what I am missing.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Branden Oliver looks like he might've torn his Achilles, in case anyone was stashing him in dynasty or on a deep 0 RB team.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Sataere posted:

Because why drop him a lesser player? He had double digits points most games he played in last season. Reed might be the number one, but his availability is a constant question.

Also, I don't think you watched Washington play last season if you think they are running a dink and dunk offense. Cousins definitely has no problems pushing it down the field.

And how does DJax not get 20% target shares when compared to that group? What distribution are you seeing that I am missing? Is Reed getting 80% of the looks?

Crowder is a second year player who hasn't proven anything. It is unlikely he turns into DeAndre Hopkins. Jones and Moncrief are odd examples for 20% tare shares,when they ate both in spots with more proven mouths to feed.

I am just curious what I am missing.
D-Jax was on an 87 target pace in the games he played last year whereas Garcon was still on pace for 103 targets in those same games. And Crowder is definitely a young slot receiver liked by Jay Gruden and his staff. They're going to run so many 3WR sets that Crowder will be on the field roughly as much as the other two. This is the target distribution from last year and I just don't see how any of the secondary weapons are going to stand out week to week. Garcon is still a starter and will see 90+ targets again, Crowder is an up and coming player who should see 80+ again, so Jackson is going to see what maybe 90? 95? Doesn't play a real red zone role either; saw all of 4 targets in the red zone last year with no scores and was 5/12 with one score in 2014. And he's no stranger to soft tissue injuries either so we can't really assume he'll stay healthy. Looking at your other options, I don't know when you would feel comfortable starting him so he's completely expendable in my opinion.

As for Jones and Moncrief, Marvin Jones saw 111 targets playing second fiddle to AJ Green and by all accounts, him and Stafford have shown great chemistry together. Jones is a great value at his draft slot and should easily see ~120 targets this year. Moncrief is in line for a real breakout as the #2 (or maybe even #1) option for Andrew Luck, who is slightly better than Kirk Cousins at the position. Real easy to project 100+ targets for him as well.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 28, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Am I the only one who is just not on this Washington hype train?

Jordan Reed, he of scrambled egg brain, is the "unquestioned" number one? I don't trust any offense that isn't the Patriots or vintage-Graham Saints that is supposedly funneled through the TE. I don't have a ton of faith in any of their RBs, Cousins could turn back to a pumpkin at any time when they aren't playing the easiest schedule in the league, and I'm definitely down with Tiptoes' assessment of how Cousins' and DJax's skills mesh. Honestly, the only players on that team I really want any part of are maybe Garcon as a WR5/6 only because his TD numbers have to go up eventually, and Crowder as a keeper/dynasty stash because he's probably going to get some good work out if the slot and pound for pound might actually be their best WR.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm not touching a single member of the Washington Professional Football Franchise.

Kirk Cousins is gonna come crashing back to earth and he's taking everyone with him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Forgot I had a draft this afternoon still got OBJ out of the deal. Enjoying it.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Kirk Cousins is gonna come crashing back to earth and he's taking everyone with him.

:agreed:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Injury issues aside, Jordan Reed is a stud on the field and I think Jay Gruden knows what he has in Reed and will feature him accordingly. So I like investing in Reed as my TE1 and then grabbing insurance later in the draft. After that, I like Crowder cause he's dirt cheap in drafts and his role as the slot guy may offer the most consistency. Plus any missed time by Reed/Jackson/Garcon and he becomes an intriguing option with a solid floor to him. He was a 5'8" rookie last year and still saw 12 red zone targets. Gruden and Cousins definitely liked what they saw out of the youngster. But really I think this offense will best suited for DFS games where you don't need to invest a roster spot in these guys for the weeks when they won't produce.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tavon Austin or Tajae Sharp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

investing in ... my TE1