Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

in this specific situation the bomb is down and that is usually something i check the radar for honestly the situation in the video is beyond retarded and if this happened to u u are the unluckiest person alive and retarded

You do that when the bomb drops, not continuously and definitely not while someone can peek you. If you do you might find you, in fact, are the retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

fennesz posted:

enable_voice 0

bindtoggle CapsLock voice_enable

not sure if you need quotes like "CapsLock", but make sure you have another bind just for voice_enable 1 because it is easy to 'break' it by pressing capslock in situations that binds won't trigger

I kind of want to make more involved binds that cycles my voice scale 0.3-0.1-0.05 or some poo poo because sometimes I'm listening for footsteps and forget to untoggle and miss calls which really pisses people off but :effort:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Did a second banwave just go out? I got the "people you have reported were banned" a few days ago with the big wave, but I got another today. Also, feels good to be vindicated, I think I've reported a whopping 3-5 people in the past few months and I bet all of them were legitimate hackers.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

Why would you look at the radar in a 1v1 without smokes around

If you don't notice it in your peripheral vision (while in a situation where tunnel vision and committing to your crosshair placement is the most important) you're hosed

do you not use black bar 4:3 so that your radar is closer to your crosshair? if so, lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Demostrs posted:

do you not use black bar 4:3 so that your radar is closer to your crosshair? if so, lol

Hell no

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Demostrs posted:

just do what i do and play at 1440p so that all the ui elements are all spread apart and tiny so you get blindsided when you check your radar

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

not sure if you need quotes like "CapsLock", but make sure you have another bind just for voice_enable 1 because it is easy to 'break' it by pressing capslock in situations that binds won't trigger

I kind of want to make more involved binds that cycles my voice scale 0.3-0.1-0.05 or some poo poo because sometimes I'm listening for footsteps and forget to untoggle and miss calls which really pisses people off but :effort:

If you place values at the end it toggles between them. So do voice_scale 0 1

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I LIKE TO SMOKE WEE posted:

"bind x toggle voice_scale"
for soft global mute but still able to transmit

"binx z incrementvar voice_scale 0 0.3 0.1"
scale volume of incoming mic by 0.1 per keypress up to 0.3 at which point it loops back to 0

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

do CyberPowerPC event is going on, it started at 12pm EST and they've only played 3 maps total so far, good stuff.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

wow, wonder why ur poo poo then

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

You do that when the bomb drops, not continuously and definitely not while someone can peek you. If you do you might find you, in fact, are the retarded

i cant tell if ur trolling but its pretty important to continually glance at ur minimap whenever possible in any and all situations

u might as well have a bind that turns off your hud because radar, ammo, and health are all needless distractions and take up valuable screen real estate WHEN U ENTER THE C L U T C H Z O N E

honestly i think you are a bit out of youre league here buddy i'm a seasoned gold nova master with over 12 years of counter-strike experience
2.5@400dpi

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

same

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smithereens posted:

i cant tell if ur trolling but its pretty important to continually glance at ur minimap whenever possible in any and all situations

u might as well have a bind that turns off your hud because radar, ammo, and health are all needless distractions and take up valuable screen real estate WHEN U ENTER THE C L U T C H Z O N E

honestly i think you are a bit out of youre league here buddy i'm a seasoned gold nova master with over 12 years of counter-strike experience
2.5@400dpi

not during a 1v1, there's no information you can glean that you can't see on your screen that changes (the bomb won't be moved if you're the only T)

except for very specific circumstances like trying to spot someone through smoke on the minimap of course, or if someone pulls off the garbage gambit on you; in all other situations you're risking getting surprised for no gain

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

not during a 1v1, there's no information you can glean that you can't see on your screen that changes (the bomb won't be moved if you're the only T)

except for very specific circumstances like trying to spot someone through smoke on the minimap of course, or if someone pulls off the garbage gambit on you; in all other situations you're risking getting surprised for no gain

when u drive do you never look over your shoulder to check your blind spot because u could crash into the car in front of you at any given moment

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

I'm just really happy I got to use this once in Matchmaking before they patched it out :3: Not sorry for potato

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BouncyYoungBug.webm

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Demostrs posted:

widescreen with the ui elements at 4:3

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
PSA: The benefits of using a crosshair outweigh the downsides

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Consider: getting better at the game

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

Consider: getting better at the game

interesting

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Demostrs posted:

when u drive do you never look over your shoulder to check your blind spot because u could crash into the car in front of you at any given moment

I do, because there's more than one car on the road, and mirrors provide extra information I can't glean from my vision. The minimap in 1v1 only shows you what you can see.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
There aren't really many reasons to look at your radar in a 1v1. Pretty much all of them have to do with either smokes or the bomb. Looking at your radar is a good habit to be in for sure, lots of people don't, but it's probably actively a downside to constantly glance at your radar in a 1v1. What are you hoping to learn?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
1.15 @ 800

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

chest shots, 5 feet from my face

what is the point of the famas

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Pomp posted:

To waste money on a 2nd round buy

surc
Aug 17, 2004

To remind you to buy a deagle/five-seven.

Demostrs posted:

I am glad my driving does not go like my cs play because if it did, using this analogy a car in front of me would slam on their breaks unexpectedly and then shoot me with an awp, every time I checked my blind spot.

surc fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 28, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Jeza posted:

There aren't really many reasons to look at your radar in a 1v1. Pretty much all of them have to do with either smokes or the bomb. Looking at your radar is a good habit to be in for sure, lots of people don't, but it's probably actively a downside to constantly glance at your radar in a 1v1. What are you hoping to learn?

there are two big reasons: information and eye strain. the radar sometimes spots things for you that aren't immediately apparent which cuts down on a lot of the visual clutter on a lot of maps. this gives the gamer the advantage in many situations. sometimes i shoulder peek or jump peek and just look at my radar so i have information to make plays. 2nd is a more nuanced point but human eyes aren't meant to stare at one point (your xhair) for extended periods of time otherwise you lose definition in your peripheral vision. scanning the screen, like glancing at your radar mixes things up enough so ur reaction time doesnt suffer from your dulled senses. i'm personally never staring at anything on my screen for more than a second but i am gamer so

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

dex_sda posted:

i would argue that the radar cuts down on a lot of visual processing but you are free to believe whatever you want and can continue to play poorly if you wish to. i consider myself a more cerebral, tactical player who relies on accurate information and reading an opponent using long hidden eastern jutsus i unlocked from wallscrolls bought off jlist. western counter-strike, much like western culture is chauvinistic and selfish relying too much on inflated egos rather than reliable and effective methods of performing. many of you gaijins could stand to learn a thing or two about efficacy by reading the study of toyota production system hopefully in nihongo

at the end of the day you have your bad and incorrect opinion and i have my good and right statement of fact mandated by heaven and tempered by experience.

i'd like to leave you all with this zenrin poem:

quote:

sitting quietly doing nothing
spring comes and the grass grows by itself

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Smithereens posted:

many of you gaijins could stand to learn a thing or two about efficacy by reading the study of toyota production system hopefully in nihongo

:golfclap:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

since it hasn't been said yet, Jesus christ Echo Fox sucks so much dick

stump collector
May 28, 2007
u already said it

Photex posted:

Echo Fox

:haw:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

because it doesn't need to be said. Everyone just knows it.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pomp posted:

I'm this way with the galil too. The thing is so inaccurate if I can't full buy AK/nades Armor+Tec is virtually always better. I'm sure someone will post numbers showing me I'm wrong but I swear to god that the thing is more inaccurate than pistols at range.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
lol if you think I play with a crosshair. take off your training wheels already.

also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Edwards_Deming

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

North American version of FaZe

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Jeza posted:

lol if you think I play with a crosshair. take off your training wheels already.

*imperialistic bs*

another westerner attempting to appropriate sacred eastern industrial engineering rituals. westerners hold nothing sacrosanct and demean our rich cultural heritage with this mockery. i play traditional counter-strike, the same counter-strike that nihonjin played in the edo period. i venerate my ancestors with my play, which is much more than you can say

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jeza posted:

Yo no crosshair 1v1s would be hilariously fun

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Xenaero posted:

Civil War style. Unscoped Scouts, no pistols.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Xenaero posted:

finallly, a gamemode where the sg/aug can be top tier

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Sorry to butt in (been lurking this thread) but I am suddenly nostalgic for all the noscope 1v1s we played with my buddy back in 1.6 on a map called scoutsknives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

crab avatar posted:

Sorry to butt in (been lurking this thread) but I am suddenly nostalgic for all the noscope 1v1s we played with my buddy back in 1.6 on a map called scoutsknives.

you still can but only honorable warriors follow these bygone traditions...

the old guard