Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Work Friend Keven posted:

From everything we've ever heard and also from looking at him I can 100% tell you that Scott Aukerman has no interest in meeting or greeting anyone, up to and including his own parents, except maybe for his wife and like 4 friends.

I'd bet on Kulap and Rocky. And maybe Rocky first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I will pay $70 to say Heynong Man to four very, very tired people.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
$70 for meet & greets? :wtc:
The NYC one was a merch table so you technically paid but they'd sign your normally-priced tshirt/hat.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Keep in mind that's 70 AUD so like 25 bucks in real money.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

From everything we've ever heard and also from looking at him I can 100% tell you that Scott Aukerman has no interest in meeting or greeting anyone, up to and including his own parents, except maybe for his wife and like 4 friends.

Fun fact: I ended up at the same showing of Fun Home as him and we had a very awkward two minute conversation. Kulap was very nice though.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Thordain posted:

Fun fact: I ended up at the same showing of Fun Home as him and we had a very awkward two minute conversation. Kulap was very nice though.

Did he hit you with his famous "Hey Kiddo" Michael Cerveris impression?

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

PFT is a class act, though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

anotherone posted:

From the Howl.fm tour best-of eps it kinda sounds like they were not the hugest fan of doing them

Didn't listen to those, what did they say?

Also yes Scott Aukerman is somewhat socially weird. Also also, why even offer the meet and greets if they hate it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

And U2

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

soggybagel posted:

Also yes Scott Aukerman is somewhat socially weird. Also also, why even offer the meet and greets if they hate it?

scott likey money

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

soggybagel posted:

They don't say hate it, as far as I remember in the first best of they said they enjoyed meeting the fans but there was always a few weirdos who said something awkward (like the guy telling Lauren he didn't like her Characters special). They also said the nice fans far outweighed the weirdos but the awkward stuff is just more memorable.

And Scott just seems to me to be someone who flies under the radar as far as his fame so it's probably still weird when someone approaches him (like how he said he took 4 fan photos over 4 days at ComicCon but Zooks had to have a no photography policy to be able to do anything there).

Weird that they're charging for the meet and greet but that might not be in their hands.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Senator Giroux posted:

They don't say hate it, as far as I remember in the first best of they said they enjoyed meeting the fans but there was always a few weirdos who said something awkward (like the guy telling Lauren he didn't like her Characters special). They also said the nice fans far outweighed the weirdos but the awkward stuff is just more memorable.

And Scott just seems to me to be someone who flies under the radar as far as his fame so it's probably still weird when someone approaches him (like how he said he took 4 fan photos over 4 days at ComicCon but Zooks had to have a no photography policy to be able to do anything there).

Weird that they're charging for the meet and greet but that might not be in their hands.

To be fair, charging for the meet and greet might be a way of trying to weed out some weirdos and get just the die hard fans. And to make some money.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Weirdos are famous for having disposable income, this is loot crate's whole model.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tall John is in that group

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually that group is Larry Mullen Sr's son, Adam Clay 2,000 lbs, Bonobos, and "Thedge"

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

SoupyTwist posted:

PFT sits at a table and signs/chats with everyone after every show at the Largo. I'm dumb and awkward but he's such a pro that I felt like I was actually having a decent five minute conversation. Really genuine.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I've met Tall John. He's very tall.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

I've met Tall John. He's very tall.

Yeah, but how John is he?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i heard a story about Aukerman literally turning his back to a comic who approached him backstage at some event. the way I heard it they had worked together in the past (comic maybe did a comedy death-ray spot or something) and Scott just turned around and pretended not to hear them lol

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i heard a story about Aukerman literally turning his back to a comic who approached him backstage at some event. the way I heard it they had worked together in the past (comic maybe did a comedy death-ray spot or something) and Scott just turned around and pretended not to hear them lol

On Lauren Lapkus' recent WTF appearance (interesting if you're a fan, but no great revelations,) she and Marc talk about the first time they met at this weird concert/house party/fundraiser. Lauren says she was glad she had the chance to spend some time talking to him that night, because the only other person she knew there was Scott. Marc starts laughing and says "Oh yeah, Scott in public. Doesn't matter how long you've known him, you can always count on that to be awkward...until eventually, he starts talking like a person."

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Well this will haunt me for the rest of my days

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SoupyTwist posted:

Seriously. I've never really been interested in meeting and greeting any kind of celebs, but a few years ago after a live show in NYC I was waiting for a friend in the lobby of the theater and PFT was just hanging around and talking to fans. Seemed super engaged and present, really seemed to care about the conversations he was having, not trying to speed through it or brush anyone off. Just kind of exactly what you'd want.

Though, this was before CBB really blew up (weeks after tickets were released in NYC I got $15 tickets to every show!) so maybe he was just bored. Scott was also around, but definitely seemed pretty disconnected. I think at the time I chalked it up to his stage persona and assumed he was being intentionally aloof. I'm sure fans are 10x more insufferable now, though. Can't blame any celeb for not wanting to talk to a fan and just hear them say "Heynong, man!" over and over again and ask why continuity doesn't quite add up.

JethroMcB posted:

On Lauren Lapkus' recent WTF appearance (interesting if you're a fan, but no great revelations,) she and Marc talk about the first time they met at this weird concert/house party/fundraiser. Lauren says she was glad she had the chance to spend some time talking to him that night, because the only other person she knew there was Scott. Marc starts laughing and says "Oh yeah, Scott in public. Doesn't matter how long you've known him, you can always count on that to be awkward...until eventually, he starts talking like a person."

Makes sense, based on my brief observation. Though I always take it with a huge grain of salt whenever anyone thinks they were snubbed by a celeb. Anyone with a modicum of fame has to deal with so much bullshit day-to-day that it must be a nightmare trying to be especially nice to everyone you ever see.

Also, I always wonder how Lauren and Scott came to know each other. Her early I4H episodes made her sound like she was a total outsider to that crowd, and it took a couple of appearances there to make her mark. Did Scott discover her through that, Wild Horses, or did she ever do CDR/CBB stage stuff?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 27, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

She talks about it on her recent wtf ep

Leechboy
Aug 6, 2008
The Melbourne tour ep is great, but PFT missed the best bit about Harold Holt , they named a public swimming pool after him.

Leechboy fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 28, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
y'all hear them sirens? :D

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Also, I always wonder how Lauren and Scott came to know each other. Her early I4H episodes made her sound like she was a total outsider to that crowd, and it took a couple of appearances there to make her mark. Did Scott discover her through that, Wild Horses, or did she ever do CDR/CBB stage stuff?
She said on WTF that they met when at AssCat (?), assume she was performing and she said he was doing monologues there. So yeah. That's literally all she says about it, but that's how he got her in on all this.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I'd imagine he met her at UCB and then gave her a shot on the podcast. She had a pretty earlyish first appearance CBB podcast as the girl who went to Italy for a semester so she could have sex with Five Guys Burgers.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Scott also was pretty involved with scouting young comedians because of booking for CDR/CBB show at UCB.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013
I've been away for a few months (late June). Any choice eps out there?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Most recent killed it so you can't go wrong there. Man it sucks that it felt like Neil was only on for about 10 minutes but he kept everyone in absolute hysterics. I don't know what it is about that guy, but he makes such simple sounding things so goddamned funny.

Show has generally been pretty great recently to be honest.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The recent Todd Glass episode was incredible too. I don't know if he's unintentionally hilarious or if he's doing a bit, but I was laughing my rear end off.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Slightly broad question for the thread, how are all of the things that our well-liked improvvers have been plugging on all the podcasts lately?

I take it the reality show Seeso thing wasn't super good?
And I like Cameron Espositio quite a lot, so I've been meaning to check out her sitcom, but I haven't heard any buzz, good or bad...
And then there's that Mike Birbiglia movie ABOUT improvvers?

Sinteres posted:

The recent Todd Glass episode was incredible too. I don't know if he's unintentionally hilarious or if he's doing a bit, but I was laughing my rear end off.
I think that's definitely just his actual personality.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Slightly broad question for the thread, how are all of the things that our well-liked improvvers have been plugging on all the podcasts lately?

And I like Cameron Espositio quite a lot, so I've been meaning to check out her sitcom, but I haven't heard any buzz, good or bad...

Definitely. He seems like he has some issues that kind of formed him into the class clown and he followed that all his life. He's doing pretty well so good on him.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

VagueRant posted:

I enjoyed Don't Think Twice but it was in spite of hearing Birbiglia and others talk about it. The cultish nature of improv really gives me the creeps, so hearing improv comics discuss the film was unnerving. The movie veers into it sometimes, but improv is just the setting to explore more universal experiences of failure/success. It's funny and heartbreaking.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Don't Think Twice is fantastic go watch it in a theater near you!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Sinteres posted:

Glass can't stop himself from being himself.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I was lucky my local indie had it in for a week, if you're into the behind the scenes nature and emotional aspect of it all then you'll like it.

Don't expect to like the characters as much as you like the people portraying them, though.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I haven't seen it but the general reception of Cameron's show is very very positive.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Esposito' Take My Wife was screened at JFL Montreal (even though we don't get Seeso - an exec I asked said maybe by end of year) with a q+a including Cameron, Rhea, Scott, PFT, and Braunger.

I'd day it exceeded my expectations! Will watch it. It was sharp, and had a fresh POV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

VagueRant posted:

Don't Think Twice is great. I think it's being unfairly talked about as "the improv movie" though. It does really encapsulate the improv world well, but its messages are universal and I think anyone who has been a part of an organization or community and cared deeply about it can relate heavily. Hell, even anyone who has been part of a friend group can completely relate to the film.

I found Todd's camping show to be really boring and disappointing, I've enjoyed some episodes of Harmonquest on Seeso - PFT really helped suck me in on the first ep.