Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baron Porkface posted:

Are there any major outstanding bugs? I want to wait until the 1st, but I'm super tempted to start my beastmen campaign now...
sometimes cavalry clip through the ground, but only partially and i've only seen it a few times in a lot of playtime. And it doesn't affect gameplay or anything, it just looks bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
The reinforcements bug is the major one that's due to be fixed on the 1st.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Mukip posted:

The reinforcements bug is the major one that's due to be fixed on the 1st.

wuzzat?

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Currently, reinforcing armies do not enter the battle map based upon their location on the campaign map. This can lead to weird situations where a stack sallies forth to attack a besieger, but the stack and the garrison arrive on opposite sides of the map.

The result is that battles with reinforcements can vary drastically in difficulty based upon random factors unknowable before the battle has actually started.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The games I've played over the last few days have had reinforcements coming in where they should. It could just be coincidence but I'd figured it was fixed.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Did they fix the bug where reinforcements could come from different directions in replays, making them even less reliable than normal?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Krazyface posted:

Did they fix the bug where reinforcements could come from different directions in replays, making them even less reliable than normal?

This one is the oddest freaking thing. Makes you wonder wtf replays are 'recording'

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
With that bug can you lose a replay of a battle you won? Like if your victory relied on reinforcements getting there in the nick of time but in the reply they start too far away?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
replays record every action taken and the seed that generated the correct results to recreate the battle, procedurally.

this means you can watch from any angke/location without actually recording any video or having to spend a ton of memory recording literally every animation and whatnot.

it's also why they tend to break after patches.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sekenr posted:

As vampire counts I spent most of the game trading and being friends with my steadfast allies the Dwarfs (the ones to the east with bluetooth symbol).

I'm currently playing a VC game where I've allied with the Dwarves and every Empire faction because the Beastmen wiped out the Empire within 45 turns.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Deified Data posted:

With that bug can you lose a replay of a battle you won? Like if your victory relied on reinforcements getting there in the nick of time but in the reply they start too far away?

TW replays record your orders and resimulates the battle, which means any RNG can cause differences to emerge between the original and the replay. The reinforcement directions are determined by RNG and can (and often are) different between replays. This can lead to a situation where, for example, you originally organised your army facing backwards to chew up the enemy reinforcements spawning behind you, then turned around to face their main army--BUT THEN IN THE REPLAY, you order your forces to charge diagonally across the battlefield (to attack those same reinforcements, who are now in a different place), then ordered your army to walk back to the regular starting area to face the main army (which is currently attacking you as you stroll away, because you ran halfway across the map in their direction).

That's how it was on release, I remember hearing about it getting fixed but I don't really use replays enough to notice.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So after watching Heir of Carthage's recent two videos, I've tried manual-controlling the Hellcannons and holy crap I would need a custom Warhammer stare emote to express the results.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the RNG is accounted for by saving the random seed, which is what all random numbers are generated from; when there are not bugs or patch inconsistencies, the replay is completely deterministic. The reinforcement bug is not caused by the "real" RNG, so can differ in weird ways for byzantine reasons that cannot be saved for a replay.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Plan Z posted:

So after watching Heir of Carthage's recent two videos, I've tried manual-controlling the Hellcannons and holy crap I would need a custom Warhammer stare emote to express the results.

I said it earlier in the thread but I played a bunch of co-op campaigns as chaos and my partner got really good with them, racking up 200-400 kills per battle

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Beastmen get some pretty powerful upgrades to their hordes.

My ungor spearmen herd are now at 85 attack/24 defence with 40 armor and 20% missile resistance (+15 attack/+15 armor/20% missile resistance from gore bull). Their leadership problems? non-existant with the lord buffs in each hero and lord.

Basically, if you're not using gorebulls in your army for their buffs, you're screwing up.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eagerly awaiting the Blacula DLC

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mans posted:

Eagerly awaiting the Blacula DLC

Blacula in Tomb King Country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZiBS64sC4

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Would ironically pay extra to have Phil Lamarr voice a new Lord.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
My latest Dwarf campaign on VH was probably the least happy ending I've yet managed. The war with the Greenskins did not go...uh, well, keeping me tied up in the Badlands long enough for the forces of Chaos to entirely exterminate all the realms of man and the cursed undead, by the time I ruled the Badlands unchallenged and crushed Chaos, no other forces of order were left alive except two small, bickering dwarf clans.

With no one else alive to keep the Norscans distracted, I was forced by the mounting assassination missions in the book of grudges to launch a massive northern expedition to destroy them once and for all. By the time that was finished, one of the dwarf clans had wiped out the other and declared war on me, because that was a sensible move on their part, surely. In the end, the world was populated only by the Grand resettled Dwarven empire, and the wandering hordes of savage orcs and beastmen still fruitlessly prowling the vast wastelands of now extinct humanity.

Seriously though, basically the entire map being razed was creepy.

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

madmac posted:

My latest Dwarf campaign on VH was probably the least happy ending I've yet managed. The war with the Greenskins did not go...uh, well, keeping me tied up in the Badlands long enough for the forces of Chaos to entirely exterminate all the realms of man and the cursed undead, by the time I ruled the Badlands unchallenged and crushed Chaos, no other forces of order were left alive except two small, bickering dwarf clans.

With no one else alive to keep the Norscans distracted, I was forced by the mounting assassination missions in the book of grudges to launch a massive northern expedition to destroy them once and for all. By the time that was finished, one of the dwarf clans had wiped out the other and declared war on me, because that was a sensible move on their part, surely. In the end, the world was populated only by the Grand resettled Dwarven empire, and the wandering hordes of savage orcs and beastmen still fruitlessly prowling the vast wastelands of now extinct humanity.

Seriously though, basically the entire map being razed was creepy.

I agree, I had one similar game where when I finally made it out of the badlands as dwarves and the empire was smoking ruins. it was pretty depressing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

One of my orc campaigns was similar. I fought the Dwarfs tooth and nail, finally wiping them out, was immediately confronted by the Everfailure and friends, wiped them out... and then went north expecting easy pickings of human lands recovering from Chaos. There was nothing. Just smoke and fire and ruin. I finished off the last remaining dwarf city (over by Bretonnia) and won the game. It was anticlimactic, to say the least.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

stopgap1 posted:

I agree, I had one similar game where when I finally made it out of the badlands as dwarves and the empire was smoking ruins. it was pretty depressing.

The saddest thing is that the end of humanity is basically the best ending for the Old World. Humans are the reason chaos is a constant threat since they are one of the only easily corruptible races as well as the source of Beastmen and Undead.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Nasgate posted:

The saddest thing is that the end of humanity is basically the best ending for the Old World. Humans are the reason chaos is a constant threat since they are one of the only easily corruptible races as well as the source of Beastmen and Undead.

You're mixing up 40k and Fantasy. The source of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy are giant Chaos portals on the poles, and the way to defeat Chaos is to kick its rear end back to there and close them.

Also, Undead are anti-chaos as gently caress.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So is it wrong that i'm excited as gently caress for this upcoming DLC?

Not only does it basically let you play the Empire as as a hyper religious organization (Can you say crusade?) but we're getting a ton of asked for units like the Mortis Engine and a summoner lord other than the Beastmen and the Empire hero.

Also, Volkmar the Grim may be the one case of the Pope in fiction being written as being a bastard. The dude has to deal with so much crap inside and outside the Empire. He's also :black101: as gently caress.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 28, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

my dad posted:

You're mixing up 40k and Fantasy. The source of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy are giant Chaos portals on the poles, and the way to defeat Chaos is to kick its rear end back to there and close them.

Nagash's undead are because he created a whole new wind of magic out of the death wind, but dark magic in general make corpses wander around and look for meals. Funnily, the only holy symbols that affect vampires are Sigmar's (because Nagash cursed the vampires for abandoning him while he fought Sigmar) and the Chaos Gods (because the Chaos Gods hate everyone.)

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

my dad posted:

Its both iirc. The portals are where actual chaos demons come from, but they still corrupt humans. Mostly norscans though.

But if there were no humans the dwarves could spawn camp chaos with big fuckoff cannons.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Beastmen get some pretty powerful upgrades to their hordes.

My ungor spearmen herd are now at 85 attack/24 defence with 40 armor and 20% missile resistance (+15 attack/+15 armor/20% missile resistance from gore bull). Their leadership problems? non-existant with the lord buffs in each hero and lord.

Basically, if you're not using gorebulls in your army for their buffs, you're screwing up.

It's stupid as gently caress, the gorebulls are way, waaaaaaay overpowered. Their lores of magic are really good too. Even if the gorebulls gave no buffs, they'd still be a great melee hero.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gammymajams posted:

It's stupid as gently caress, the gorebulls are way, waaaaaaay overpowered. Their lores of magic are really good too. Even if the gorebulls gave no buffs, they'd still be a great melee hero.

FINALLY, somebody says it.

Jesus christ. 85 attack???

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nasgate posted:

Its both iirc. The portals are where actual chaos demons come from, but they still corrupt humans. Mostly norscans though.

But if there were no humans the dwarves could spawn camp chaos with big fuckoff cannons.

Well chaos cultists can summon demons wherever, it's just harder for demons to stick around away from the gates at the poles.

Plus we're not counting Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven, and the Slaaneshi Dark Elves in this "only humans spread chaos" calculation.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Dandywalken posted:

FINALLY, somebody says it.

Jesus christ. 85 attack???

Attack isn't damage, it's just your chance to hit rolled against defense. Hit still caps out at 90%.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Triskelli posted:

Well chaos cultists can summon demons wherever, it's just harder for demons to stick around away from the gates at the poles.

Plus we're not counting Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven, and the Slaaneshi Dark Elves in this "only humans spread chaos" calculation.

As excited as I am for new DLC I can't be the only one salivating every time I get that event where the population of a city is depleted and the only evidence is an obscure symbol. THE HORNED RAT!. I want a Clan Skrye Lord with a curiously German sounding name along with Thanquol.
Curious though - what would the Skaven forces be like?
-Lots of disposable and cheap skavenslaves? Possibly with captured humies?
-With Thanquol: Instead of a mount you get an unlockable free Rat Ogre Pal that sticks by your side and doesn't count as a separate unit?
-Terrible infighting and increased chances of rebellion?
-Leadership around Gobbo level?
-All the sweet and nasty nasty devices? Warpfire throwers, Jezzail, Warpfire Cannons and Doomwheels all could work like currently in units.
-Universal ability to tunnel like Orcs and Stunties?
-What would be the cavalry equivalent? Would they have that?

Non-Skaven question: Do you guys think they would ever release Nagash as the undead equivalent to the Lord of Change? Would he be some massively powerful undead stack that could threaten to consume and take over the regular undead player? This has been such a good year for addictive games.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Von_Doom posted:

As excited as I am for new DLC I can't be the only one salivating every time I get that event where the population of a city is depleted and the only evidence is an obscure symbol. THE HORNED RAT!. I want a Clan Skrye Lord with a curiously German sounding name along with Thanquol.
Curious though - what would the Skaven forces be like?
-Lots of disposable and cheap skavenslaves? Possibly with captured humies?
-With Thanquol: Instead of a mount you get an unlockable free Rat Ogre Pal that sticks by your side and doesn't count as a separate unit?
-Terrible infighting and increased chances of rebellion?
-Leadership around Gobbo level?
-All the sweet and nasty nasty devices? Warpfire throwers, Jezzail, Warpfire Cannons and Doomwheels all could work like currently in units.
-Universal ability to tunnel like Orcs and Stunties?

Non-Skaven question: Do you guys think they would ever release Nagash as the undead equivalent to the Lord of Change? Would he be some massively powerful undead stack that could threaten to consume and take over the regular undead player? This has been such a good year for addictive games.

I could see them constantly adding new scenarios to the end times to make it a clusterfuck. It would be cool for some of the none explicitly chaos end of the world chekovs guns to fire as well.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Decus posted:

Attack isn't damage, it's just your chance to hit rolled against defense. Hit still caps out at 90%.

still.. my basic unit in my armies is actually REALLY good. They have no shields but since I charge them in anyways and they have Anti-Large as well they mop up the floor. The only reason I don't have Ungor Shielded Spearmen is because my starting units from the game are still there and getting ranks.

120 units strong, the have 85 attack which means they will hit almost every time. Their weapon strength isn't very high but with the number and the amount of hits it's fine.

I did a fight against 5 greatswords recently mixed with swordsmen/halbreds and mortars/knights of the realm. Greatswords did about 75% casualties against my ungors but the rest crumpled to nothing and routed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Von_Doom posted:

Doomwheels?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

cringe

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Lol a "skeleton of a game".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Some screenshots cause why not this game rules

Hey I was probated when you posted these but they are some sick rear end screens dude!!! :cheerdoge:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Now that I have your attention for this second let's not dilly-dally.

More Free Stuff = More Stuff I Can Access On My Allowance. Be a self-entitled twat who doesn't know the value of a euro and then add in general ignorance and this is a totally legitimate point.

But here is the thing--not all of us are eurotrash teenagers. Some more educated people who actually had to work for their money might even pay for your games but us eurotrash teenagers are another sort.

If I am to not complain about one more DLC for this game you better stop paying your employees and instead enslave them so that they can produce as fast and with as much quality as unpaid modders who both I and you would not even want to pay, obviously. -Go home you are drunk for making focused packs
- make more units in entirely unfocused packs
- give me an expansion for the price of a DLC maybe
- add more spells because you've never done that before and aren't planning to do so for free again in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
I'll be honest the 'add more units' line had me frothing IRL.

also - apparently Warhammer runs better for me with full Ultra specs than on High preset now. Siege maps even run really well now. Must have been an NVidia patch or something since release because it wasn't always like this!

• Locked thread