Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kwyndig posted:

Read it horizontally, not vertically. Also of course it was Ant Man

if the panels are

the reading order that makes the most sense to me is 134256

Edit: I missed the phrase "three hits" in the first panel, makes more sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Not only is Spidey hilariously incompetent, so is Ant Man. Punch someone four times before actually seeing who they are.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elfface posted:

Not only is Spidey hilariously incompetent, so is Ant Man. Punch someone four times before actually seeing who they are.

Hank Pym is well known for punching people without forethought or care.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Hank Pym is well known for punching people without forethought or care.

Especially if they're married to him.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ONE TIME

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Your honor, it was dark and I thought she was Spider-Man!"

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Elfface posted:

I'm going to imagine the core plot of Civil War was that everyone involved simply wasn't paying attention to who they were punching.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Marky Marx posted:

I'm going to imagine the core plot of Civil War was that everyone involved simply wasn't paying attention to who they were punching.

If you're talking about the movie, you aren't far off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lobok posted:

If this was the actual reason it would instantly redeem that story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lobok posted:

Judge J. Jonah Jameson: CLEARED ON ALL COUNTS..... did you get any pictures?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Judge J. Jonah Jameson: CLEARED ON ALL COUNTS..... did you get any pictures?

"But... But it turned out it wasn't Spider-Man. How can I get pictures of Spider-Man if-"
"Sounds like SOMEONE isn't trying hard enough!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Section Z posted:

"But... But it turned out it wasn't Spider-Man.

DAILY BUGLE EXCLUSIVE: HANK PYM ABLE TO BEAT WIFE DUE TO ABSENT SPIDER-MAN
And we have the pictures that prove he wasn't there!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elfface posted:

At precisely five second intervals.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

From the YEEECH panel 5 it sounds like Spidey gooped him right in the mouth

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SynthOrange posted:

From the YEEECH panel 5 it sounds like Spidey gooped him right in the mouth

Spidey's polite, he always warns first

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Lobok posted:

Post/Av combo of the week right there.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Elfface posted:

He knew from the start who it was but if you get the chance to punch Newspaper Spider-Man, you take it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

dordreff posted:

He knew from the start who it was but if you get the chance to punch Newspaper Spider-Man, you take it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

maybe spidey should stop sneaking into other people's houses

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

maybe spidey should stop sneaking into other people's houses

Actually Spider-Men in your house is good because they'll keep the place clear of annoying pests that would otherwise overrun the place :eng101:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
A guy in a Spider-Man outfit enters the building through the roof and people are only willing to 50/50 on him actually being Spider-Man.

Or they do know it's him and this his how they greet him every time he comes to visit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tangentially related, one of my favorite running gags will always be that Spider-Man is broke:

Not entirely sure on the source sorry beyond being from a couple of the different Avengers relaunches from the last few years. Also searching for this brought me the following panel from this free comic book about banking

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

Or they do know it's him and this his how they greet him every time he comes to visit.

they wouldn't have hit him if it was just a regular guy in a spiderman outfit

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The very first appearance of Spidey he was trying to get the FF to let him join because he thought they made good salaries in the Superhero biz. So being broke is kinda one of Pete's defining characteristics...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know, it's been a running theme from the early days (I still remember an issue where he gets a big bonus check from the Bugle, then runs into his landlady who basically takes the entire thing away from him because he was behind on his rent, leaving him penniless again :allears:) and I love it's never really changed.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Gnome de plume posted:

A guy in a Spider-Man outfit enters the building through the roof and people are only willing to 50/50 on him actually being Spider-Man.

Look at the Avenger's panel. It's the same setup down to the dark room. Only this time it's Iron Man punchign him. Or was it Iron Jonah?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

bunnyofdoom posted:

Look at the Avenger's panel. It's the same setup down to the dark room. Only this time it's Iron Man punchign him. Or was it Iron Jonah?

Look closer - Pym is punching, everyone else is pimp-slapping.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Maybe Spidey should stop breaking into every building he enters. There's less punches at the door.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

Look closer - Pym is punching, everyone else is pimp-slapping.

And once again pym is the gently caress up of the avengers. He can't even pimp slap spidey right.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Choco1980 posted:

The very first appearance of Spidey he was trying to get the FF to let him join because he thought they made good salaries in the Superhero biz. So being broke is kinda one of Pete's defining characteristics...

Also, he broke into their house and a fight broke out, so it's even more on-topic. :buddy:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SonicRulez posted:

There's less punches at the door.

Look, that's an interesting theory, but in lieu of compelling evidence we're just going to have to assume that won't be the case.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Everyone in the marvel newspaper universe hangs out in the dark ready to slap or punch intruders.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Geez, the Marvel heroes go about this all wrong. You step on spiders, not slap or punch them!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Actually Spider-Men in your house is good because they'll keep the place clear of annoying pests that would otherwise overrun the place :eng101:

Every year, you swallow 6 or 7 Spider-Men in your sleep.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SonicRulez posted:

Maybe Spidey should stop breaking into every building he enters. There's less punches at the door.

Everyone knows that Spiderman has sticky fingers.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

You forget

I HAVE TO HELP BUT NEED COSTUME
I GET ANGEL COSTUME FROM COSTUME STORE
I HELP AND GET A REWARD
I RETURN COSTUME TO COSTUME STORE AND USE REWARD TO BUY SPIDER-MAN COSTUME

Was this before or after he had to get a note from Barak Obama in order to use a plane as Spider-Man without having to show ID?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

davidspackage posted:

Every year, you swallow 6 or 7 Spider-Men in your sleep.

Mary Jane never seemed to complain.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Mary Jane never seemed to complain.

Until the radioactivity gave her cancer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Super Dan posted:

Until the radioactivity gave her cancer.

God, I forgot about the amazing radioactive spider semen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's cool how radiation, when administered via spider venom, gives you superpowers, yet the same radiation administered via jizz will kill you. Lowkey slut shaming from Marvel Comics.