Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

WHAT indeed

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I'm going to give this a shot again (after a 32gb download gently caress it I better try it). What do I need to know if my only interest is PvP? Any build advice?

boho fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Aug 25, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

boho posted:

I'm going to give this a shot again (after a 32gb download gently caress it I better try it). What do I need to know if my only interest is PvP? Any build advice?

PC NA? Drop an @Username here and I'll get you rolling on the ball.

E:

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 25, 2016

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

boho posted:

Goons are rolling with Ebonheart Pact mains for PvP but dummies like me have mains in other alliances, which sucks. Roll an EP main for cool and good times.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Scyantific posted:

PC NA? Drop an @Username here and I'll get you rolling on the ball.

It's @boho. Thanks!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Server down or is something just fucky with my connection?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Rough Lobster posted:

Server down or is something just fucky with my connection?

It's down.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Aaand its back. I NEED MY FUCKIN FIX MAN

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
I dinged CP10 last night on my main - big shout out to Flooby and co for being a giant help. Also, thanks for letting me run in the trials last night, guys!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I dinged CP10 last night on my main - big shout out to Flooby and co for being a giant help. Also, thanks for letting me run in the trials last night, guys!

No big, man. Fresh goons get fresh duds so they look good while killin'. Also we need to trial all the time because that was hilarious (the Maw part, at least).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Confirming that Deltia is, in fact, a loving hack. For context, he's currently the emp on Azura's.

quote:

[11:16:36] To Deltia: that's p low man, zergin the gates like that
[11:17:03] Deltia: ive been working on this server for 2 days
[11:17:09] Deltia: im taking advantage
[11:17:39] To Deltia: so you're taking advantage of a pop-locked asian invasion to completely wipe out the map? Cool story.
[11:17:51] Deltia: yes
[11:18:00] To Deltia: Always knew you were a hack tbh. Enjoy your PvE buff server

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Imperial City event next week. Includes double drop rates on everything including Tel Var.

Time to go farm the inevitable PvE babies that are going to rush in to get collectibles :getin:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What server are you planning to do so on?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

Confirming that Deltia is, in fact, a loving hack. For context, he's currently the emp on Azura's.
LOL. Sometimes your unwavering pessimism bums me out but this is loving gold, Goonmaster.

Scyantific posted:

Imperial City event next week. Includes double drop rates on everything including Tel Var.

Time to go farm the inevitable PvE babies that are going to rush in to get collectibles :getin:

Also wow didn't hear about this. And yes, more blood for the blood god :getin:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Probably Azura's or Haderus. Azuras for some of our lowbie players to have a decent shot without getting completely murdered and Haderus if Azura's proves to be swarming with bananas or blueberries.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Did gold pledge tonight with @antiris and @aliastra. Murdered Bogdan in under a minute with me dps tanking in dw and light armor. Those guys should post their specs because, even though our PUG heals were really good, that was some awesome dps poo poo.

e: I'm working stupid hours right now. Miss you goons in game.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

If i want to play with goons what do i need to roll?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Meskhenet posted:

If i want to play with goons what do i need to roll?

Ebonheart. Everything else is up to you though I'd recommend nightblade/sorc/Templar.

Also reminder for any sorcerers, this will be on sale again in a couple days. Highly recommend it if you're playing sorc

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 28, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good times last night in Imperial City, ganking scrubs.

Anyway since the One Tamriel update is rumored to hit PTS this week or next week, I'll be starting on a new thread draft for the update, with a new thread possibly coming mid-September.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the grind to 50 like on PC? I did it on ps4 recently so I'm not sure if I want to jump right into it again if it's much the same

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
You don't have to grind. I reached Lvl 50 with good questing. You can hit up Cyrodiil every so often for daily quests.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I don't have an appreciable amount of excitement to do the same quests I just did two weeks ago.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It's p fast. I did my khajiit in about a week of half casual half serious grinding with ESO+, XP Scrolls, and full blue Training gear (purple training weapons). Though the CP helps.

It's the skyshards and lore books that are a bitch.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Ebonheart. Everything else is up to you though I'd recommend nightblade/sorc/Templar.

Is that because Dragon Knights suck, or there are too drat many of them?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is DK in a bad place right now or something? Just started playing a few weeks ago.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
during character creation I was joking with a friend that the Orc options remind me of Danny Trejo and so i -

thijs moTHER FUCKER

(can I get a guild invite @Ixjuvin)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Magicka DKs could be in a better spot, but DKs are still pretty good. It's just that templars and nightblades are a lot easier to pick up.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I don't mean to be the fun police, but if you grind in this game, especially to level, you're just making it not fun for yourself.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
Taking a hiatus from the game, someone PM me if combat animations ever get fixed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

tgidieday posted:

Taking a hiatus from the game, someone PM me if combat animations ever get fixed.

Nooooo. Who will poopsock veteran RoM with me now :(

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

NeurosisHead posted:

I don't mean to be the fun police, but if you grind in this game, especially to level, you're just making it not fun for yourself.

Doubly so with the universal level scaling thing upcoming, since that makes actually gaining levels kinda irrelevant except for unlocking more stuff.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

tgidieday posted:

</3 :(

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

tgidieday posted:

e: boooo, i'm 21 days from 8 trait armor, you can take a break in 21 days

the undaunted mag taunt uses the same animation as "/spit"

what i'm saying is, if you're a mag toon you spit on mobs to get aggro

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Aug 29, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

sluggo is mad posted:

e: boooo, i'm 21 days from 8 trait armor, you can take a break in 21 days

the undaunted mag taunt uses the same animation as "/spit"

what i'm saying is, if you're a mag toon you spit on mobs to get aggro

It's close. You actually send a bolt of pure anger from your eyes and taunt them. Pretty badass.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

After CP10, what are the next tiers of armor? I just hit CP60 and I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade ASAP.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Rough Lobster posted:

It's close. You actually send a bolt of pure anger from your eyes and taunt them. Pretty badass.

yeah, but really not as cool

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

After CP10, what are the next tiers of armor? I just hit CP60 and I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade ASAP.

I would, yeah. I'll make you a set when I get on later. Or at the least weapons. Maybe do armor again at cp100.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The general rule of thumb for armor upgrades post-50 is:

-CP10/VR1
-CP50/VR5
-CP100/VR12
-CP140/VR14

After you hit CR160, you'll want to get weapons ASAP. Legendary level C160 weapons add about 200 more weapon/spell damage and are the only things you really need to start out at max level. After that it's just a matter of running PvE or PvP content to get gear drops (especially jewelry) or farming hundreds of materials for a full C160 set of armor. I tend to do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Scyantific posted:

The general rule of thumb for armor upgrades post-50 is:

-CP10/VR1
-CP50/VR5
-CP100/VR12
-CP140/VR14

After you hit CR160, you'll want to get weapons ASAP. Legendary level C160 weapons add about 200 more weapon/spell damage and are the only things you really need to start out at max level. After that it's just a matter of running PvE or PvP content to get gear drops (especially jewelry) or farming hundreds of materials for a full C160 set of armor. I tend to do both.

Good info, thanks very much!

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I would, yeah. I'll make you a set when I get on later. Or at the least weapons. Maybe do armor again at cp100.

Thank you a ton! Very kind to do this again for me!

• Locked thread