Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
IIRC the current timeline is set right at the beginning of the chaos assault on cadia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've been toying a bit with a list for an allied Deathwatch detachment and I'm finding myself fascinated by the idea of loading a Drop Pod full of four frag cannons and the remaining six veterans with shotgun/stormshield.
It's a bit on the spendy side and the range isn't amazing but I feel like it could do some serious work against anything it can touch. With the stormshields they would be pretty tough to shooting and anything that tries to charge would get demolished by wall of death.

Has anyone run a similar setup who has any feedback?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Speckled Jim posted:

Finally got around to painting my Anniversary Marine. Seeing as those old timey schemes were overly elaborate, I thought I'd try a quartered scheme.

Looks sick, a quartered paint design is like painting two characters at once.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I like the new Kharn model a lot. It's detailed, dynamic, and a little callback to his 30k model AND Angron's pose.

As for the new chaos supplement...eh. I'm burned out ad this point, in my 'Hope is a mistake' stage. If it somehow lets me field berserkers without feeling like a chump just placing chaff for real killers to brush aside, I'll be happy.

But odds are it'll mostly find new ways to spread Fear, Soul Blaze and Hatred around units that probably already have it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also the description notes that this campaign book chronicles the 13th black crusade, which is already part of the setting history.

Yeah, as has been mentioned 7th rewound the timeline a little bit which is what spurred a bunch of people to saying an End Times scenario is coming in the first place. They did the same thing with Fantasy by rewinding Archaon's horde marching south in Storm of Chaos.

I really hope the Mechanicus mention in the blurb is assign that we'll finally get the combined army book that's been rumored for the longest time.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 28, 2016

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Painted up my first special character in about 10 years.

Ol' man Yarrick.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
The model is great. The face is just perfect.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Hi guys.

I'm going to paint up some of the marines I have lying around as Space Sharks for kill team. I know you can get shoulder pads from Shapeways but I don't want to spend a lot on just a tactical squad made from kitbashing stuff in my bits box.

Is there anywhere that does Space Shark transfers? I've tried looking online but no luck.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeast posted:

Painted up my first special character in about 10 years.

Ol' man Yarrick.

This looks fantastic. Great job!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I'm up Beyond the Wall in Winnipeg at the Plains of War GT 3-0 going into day 2. My next pairing is against another Warhog, as is custom for GTs. And I think whomever wins between us will have to play another one of our teammates.

I'm rolling double stormsurges/riptide wing. All list no skill.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

More leaked images & rumors for Traitor's Hate

aracerssx, originally from 4chan posted:

Kharn will get a new datasheet, but will mostly stay the same except for one change. Maybe the rumored Eternal Warrior, the guy refused to clarify that. He can be taken in CSM and KDK.
:woop:

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Yeast posted:

Ol' man Yarrick.
Hot! I especially like the lining on his coat and the weathering on the power klaw.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
Here's a strength 9 AP 2 cross post:

The Sex Cannon posted:

Anyways, here's a Baneblade:

Like I said in the other thread, Yeast's stuff is amazing and makes me crazy envious.

I'm so pumped for NOVA. I hope the work week goes quickly.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

awwwwwwwwwwww yiss

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
No clue if this is kosher (it was in GBS but from dnd experience tradgames can have some weird rules), but are there any of those knockoff warhammer ebay companies still around/is there one people consider the best choice? I like GW's models, but I'm really not interested in the game, let alone being tourney-legal.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Sex Cannon posted:

Here's a strength 9 AP 2 cross post:

Like I said in the other thread, Yeast's stuff is amazing and makes me crazy envious.

I'm so pumped for NOVA. I hope the work week goes quickly.

Usually "clean" paintjobs on giant tanks don't look great, but you really knocked it out of the part! Great!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

The prologue for The Lord Inquisitor is out. It looks gorgeous if anything. :swoon:

radlum
May 13, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

The prologue for The Lord Inquisitor is out. It looks gorgeous if anything. :swoon:

I liked it. The lead looks and acts as douchey as I expect an Inquisitor to be. The parade was gorgeous, though the guardsmen looked very stiff. The only thing I didn't like was the voices; the heretic's one was particularly bad. Overall, worth a watch. I hope the full film is done by 2017

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Neurolimal posted:

No clue if this is kosher (it was in GBS but from dnd experience tradgames can have some weird rules), but are there any of those knockoff warhammer ebay companies still around/is there one people consider the best choice? I like GW's models, but I'm really not interested in the game, let alone being tourney-legal.

Are you referring to 3rd party stuff that looks like 40K, or recasts? If the second, yeah, that's verboten.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

LordAba posted:

Usually "clean" paintjobs on giant tanks don't look great, but you really knocked it out of the part! Great!

Thanks, man!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Holy poo poo this is beautiful. It's a shame the voice acting is sub par and the lip synching is kind of off, because the rest of the animation and visuals are so spot on, from the sweeping vistas of Terra to the expressions on that cocky Inquisitor's face. If he ever actually finishes this, I'd be really excited to see it. Unfortunately Aaron Dembski Bowden isn't as involved as he once was though:

SRM fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 28, 2016

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

Unfortunately Aaron Dembski Bowden isn't as involved as he once was though:

Please don't worry too much! - Erasmus has a solid story framework that's actually feasible within our time, budget (ha), and technical limitations.

I never worked with Aaron directly on the project, but I picked up where he left off. I'm a huge fan of ADB, but I can definitely see why he left. He wanted to go one direction, but the above factors dictated another. Not only that, but he's also juggling actual paying work and real deadlines as well...

There's a lot of crazy stuff planned for the full flick and I really hope we pull it off and get to bring it to screen. Hopefully it will please everyone!

Glad to see all the positive feedback for the prologue so far!

Source: I wrote the full screenplay. :)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So we know who to blame now when our hopes are crushed

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Enentol posted:

Please don't worry too much! - Erasmus has a solid story framework that's actually feasible within our time, budget (ha), and technical limitations.

I never worked with Aaron directly on the project, but I picked up where he left off. I'm a huge fan of ADB, but I can definitely see why he left. He wanted to go one direction, but the above factors dictated another. Not only that, but he's also juggling actual paying work and real deadlines as well...

There's a lot of crazy stuff planned for the full flick and I really hope we pull it off and get to bring it to screen. Hopefully it will please everyone!

Glad to see all the positive feedback for the prologue so far!

Source: I wrote the full screenplay. :)

Whoah, that's awesome! I'm happy that in this day and age, goons are still everywhere. It's still amazing that this no-budget fan film is looking so goddamn good, I hope the story is to par!

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

Whoah, that's awesome! I'm happy that in this day and age, goons are still everywhere. It's still amazing that this no-budget fan film is looking so goddamn good, I hope the story is to par!

And we're just hoping that GW doesn't stomp our dicks!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pendent posted:

I've been toying a bit with a list for an allied Deathwatch detachment and I'm finding myself fascinated by the idea of loading a Drop Pod full of four frag cannons and the remaining six veterans with shotgun/stormshield.
It's a bit on the spendy side and the range isn't amazing but I feel like it could do some serious work against anything it can touch. With the stormshields they would be pretty tough to shooting and anything that tries to charge would get demolished by wall of death.

Has anyone run a similar setup who has any feedback?

Wait, are shotguns actially useful in the game?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Thundercloud posted:

Hi guys.

I'm going to paint up some of the marines I have lying around as Space Sharks for kill team. I know you can get shoulder pads from Shapeways but I don't want to spend a lot on just a tactical squad made from kitbashing stuff in my bits box.

Is there anywhere that does Space Shark transfers? I've tried looking online but no luck.

Not yet, but maybe by the end of the year? FW is finally releasing Red Scorpion transfers so I imagine Space Sharks aren't too far behind.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Wait, are shotguns actially useful in the game?

Deathwatch Shotguns have ammo choices

-16" S4 AP- Assault 2, Shred
-16" S4 AP4 Assault 2
-Template S3 AP6 Assault 1

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

radlum posted:

I liked it. The lead looks and acts as douchey as I expect an Inquisitor to be. The parade was gorgeous, though the guardsmen looked very stiff. The only thing I didn't like was the voices; the heretic's one was particularly bad. Overall, worth a watch. I hope the full film is done by 2017

Considering these are a bunch of fans putting this together.. it's understandable. This is an incredible piece of fan work.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
it looks better than the actual official, had-budget space marine movie

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Floppychop posted:

Deathwatch Shotguns have ammo choices

-16" S4 AP- Assault 2, Shred
-16" S4 AP4 Assault 2
-Template S3 AP6 Assault 1

This seems a little too good.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

The frag cannon is way scarier. Two firing modes- assault 2 s6 ap- template with rending and assault 2 s8 ap3 with 24" range. Within 12" it improves to assault 2 s9 ap2. They're like 20 or 25 points but you can take 4 in a squad of five if you want.

E: Plus you're missing out on the traditional special issue ammo. The shotguns seem good but not excessive given the cost of the model.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 29, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, storm shields and shotguns just sounds like a cool aesthetic for a squad. Space marine alien riot police or something.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That was the major appeal, yeah. Storm shields are also really fun to paint so being fairly effective would just be a bonus

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

LingcodKilla posted:

New_Space_Marine_Release.txt

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hahaha, RIP cadia. Chaos turns it into a daemon world in the new book. I wonder what else the 13th black crusade will accomplish :allears:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Naramyth posted:

I'm up Beyond the Wall in Winnipeg at the Plains of War GT 3-0 going into day 2. My next pairing is against another Warhog, as is custom for GTs. And I think whomever wins between us will have to play another one of our teammates.

I'm rolling double stormsurges/riptide wing. All list no skill.

A picture of my garbage with some good beer.

And bringing home some spoils from the filthy savages. (Went 5-0, got first)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

Hahaha, RIP cadia. Chaos turns it into a daemon world in the new book. I wonder what else the 13th black crusade will accomplish :allears:

Say what?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Naramyth posted:

Spotted Cow... have a sixer in the fridge yet that I'm saving for a couple weeks from now. Like home away from home.

Congrats on the play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Naramyth posted:

What were the tournament parameters? Is best Xenos General apart from the best? I recall abunch of people bringing lists like this to Adepticon but I don't think any made it to the final bracket.

• Locked thread