Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

sharrrk posted:

quite frankly, gen 1 did freeze the best, among many other things

I'm going to need some more explanation here.

I mean, over played pokemon since the Gen I release, but the newer gens have made a ton of improvements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

I'm going to need some more explanation here.

I mean, over played pokemon since the Gen I release, but the newer gens have made a ton of improvements

in gen 1 freeze was a permanent status if you didn't have one of the fire moves that thawed it or had one of them used on you

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Ruggington posted:

in gen 1 freeze was a permanent status if you didn't have one of the fire moves that thawed it or had one of them used on you

Lmao, I thought it just had a smaller chance of ending every turn.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
What I dislike the most in Pokemon is the weird divide between status effects and almost, but not quite, status effects like Confusion, Attraction etc.

At the very least I think Confusion should be in the realm of Paralysis etc. where it blocks the others. Give it a boost to 50/50 shot to attack regularly or hit yourself, make it not wear off when you switch out and have it scale off your higher attack stat.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In my experience both paralyze and confused status do jack poo poo to enemy Pokemon but gently caress you up every single turn

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Zore posted:

At the very least I think Confusion should be in the realm of Paralysis etc. where it blocks the others. Give it a boost to 50/50 shot to attack regularly or hit yourself, make it not wear off when you switch out and have it scale off your higher attack stat.

Yeah it's odd that it doesn't since there's a Swagger for Special move too now.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I hope Sun Moon lets you customize your character more in depth. I wanna be fat as all hell

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Only if it disables your ability to Surf or Fly. And forces you to buy a new bike eventually.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Calaveron posted:

Man I hope Sun Moon lets you customize your character more in depth. I wanna be fat as all hell

Be super fat and carry a ukulele, serenade people with Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

aloha castform is a rainbow all the time

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Funky Valentine posted:

Be super fat and carry a ukulele, serenade people with Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

It would be really nice if there was an area like Village Bridge in Black and White where there are a bunch of NPCs who you can talk to and they add to the background music.

Other kinds of callbacks would be nice as well.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 29, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

The other day I learned that Splash is a minstranslation for Hop and that other non-Magikarp, non-Feebas Pokemons can learn it and it just broke my heart.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I am nearing 15 boxes of Shroomish on my Masuda run

I didn't want it to end like this

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The White Dragon posted:

no, freeze has a 20% chance to wear off every turn rather than a set turn limit. it can be devastating, or it can be as short as a one-round sleep.

What the gently caress.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I was mauled by a Vivillion with quiver dance, sleep powder and compound eyes. Imagine 6, strong healthy dragons, each toppling over from slumber then ravaged by a tiny butterfly. All because their idiot trainer doesn't know good ability+move combinations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zuzie posted:

It would be really nice if there was an area like Village Bridge in Black and White where there are a bunch of NPCs who you can talk to and they add to the background music.

Other kinds of callbacks would be nice as well.

This will never happen btw

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Does it ever rain in Kalos? That little fucker dragon only evolves when it rains but I've never seen the weather change

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Calaveron posted:

Does it ever rain in Kalos? That little fucker dragon only evolves when it rains but I've never seen the weather change
It rains a ton east of the snow town.

Usually when I'm trying to EV train there. :mad:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Calaveron posted:

The most common place for Rain in Kalos is the same Route you caught Goomy on.

It still feels really rare though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Whoo I caught that slimy little fucker a year or so ago. Off to bulbapedia.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can't you just use rain dance?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

greatn posted:

Can't you just use rain dance?

Somebody who plays nintendo way more than somebody should for no money or income posted:

It evolves from Sliggoo starting at level 50 when leveled up during rain in the overworld. Rain instigated by Rain Dance, Drizzle or Primordial Sea will not trigger this evolution. It is the final form of Goomy.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Rain Dance does not work for evolving Sliggoo, no. It has to be raining outside of battle.

e: beaten

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 29, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
According to the anime Nam flashbacks will do it also.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

I would also like to have a reason to quit playing pokemon

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cernunnos posted:

It still feels really rare though.

Isn't it on a calendar schedule? I feel like the thread was talking about Tuesdays or something back at launch.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I would also like to have a reason to quit playing pokemon

Thank goodness we didn't hire these morons.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Give dunsparce an evolution because what the gently caress even is he. The Pokédex says he is a snake what kind of loving snake is this

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

greatn posted:

Give dunsparce an evolution because what the gently caress even is he. The Pokédex says he is a snake what kind of loving snake is this

It's a tsuchinoko.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gesundheit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I should be able to make a choice betwen trading a dunsparce in at the end of the game for infinite master balls or just eating it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is it worth keeping this guy in my party? I taught it rock smash, and apparently it can learn headbutt and strength.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dunsparce is stupid

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

greatn posted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dunsparce is really cute...

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

It's a tsuchinoko.

I prefer the Yokai Watch tsuchinoko Noko and Bloominoko. Pain in the rear end to get one though.

Dunsparce could definitely use an evolution. It's one of those Pokemon I always forget about.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
It needs a Primal Reversion into it's former glory

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 29, 2016

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think Dunsparce is a cool Pokémon and I'd love to see them do something with it in the future (since it seems like we won't be seeing anything regarding it in Gen 7).

It's in the same category as Farfetch'd: Non-evolving Pokémon with garbage stats but they have a great bit of lore behind it that adds to the world-building.

EDIT: Hmm... It seems like Dunsparce was designed by the same artist who came up with Wobbuffet, Celebi, Deoxys and Magmortar.

Zuzie fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dunsparce is getting an evolution in Sun/Moon though.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3273472/drampa-is-dunsparces-evolution/

:v: