Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

thinking about them beans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEGOW2shFG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
now you've pressed the fuckin' button

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzPpWInAiOg

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

epipen posted:

see like, i don't think schools shouldn't have a supply of epinephrine, but, surely phials of the stuff + normal injectors and a good nurse would be more cost effective?
whole lotta kids got allergies, it's something useful to have, it's that it *specifically* has to be epipens, and that the FDA has blocked competitors, that bugs me
(and also that the company had any say lmao)

I read normal injectors and bulk epinephrine are cheaper but that time and accuracy and training are required for them to do the same job as an epipen. And since both need to be used in life-threatening situations, the simpler, foolproof method could mean the difference between life and death

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sophian posted:

I read normal injectors and bulk epinephrine are cheaper but that time and accuracy and training are required for them to do the same job as an epipen. And since both need to be used in life-threatening situations, the simpler, foolproof method could mean the difference between life and death

We should definitely make the difference between life and death strictly financial then, bring on the epipens

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
allergies seem like nature's way of natural selection.

i mean if you die in less than 10 seconds from someone else having had peanuts in the last 72 hours, i don't think you're going to "make it" so to speak.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i mean if you die in less than 10 seconds from someone else having had peanuts in the last 72 hours, i don't think you're going to "make it" so to speak.
do you need glasses to drive

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1tZ8JsZvg

so far so good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Beast of Bourbon posted:

lol, take it to facebook

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
no i got lasik, like nature intended

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

holy poo poo, they found a really conflicted "hero" to follow with the family that says the internet is the manifestation of evil.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you people

it takes some kind of specially broken brain to specifically go and seek out things like GIGANTIC HEMORRHOID.jpg or MAN HAS EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA.mp4

some people are just bad people

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

it takes some kind of specially broken brain to specifically go and seek out things like GIGANTIC HEMORRHOID.jpg or MAN HAS EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA.mp4

some people are just bad people

the giant hemorrhoid essay is actually very interesting

it's a little gross, sure, but not really any more gross than your typical surgical article

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the giant hemorrhoid essay is actually very interesting

it's a little gross, sure, but not really any more gross than your typical surgical article

oh you mean clincal gross

im into that

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510

My wife and I just started watching curb your enthusiasm for the first time tonight. It's good.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

someone should tell that lady that they just installed a cell tower near her camp and watch her instantly develop fake symptoms and record it for laughs

fun fact: a BBN arpanet router like the one shown in the beginning of the video plays a big part in an episode of the americans where they are stealing the routing code for the russians and some nerd gets killed right next to it

a great book about all the BBN stuff is called wizards that stay up late or something and i highly recommend it if you like spending your free time reading about the nerdiest poo poo ever like i very much do

thank you for your time spent reading this post

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Piearesquared posted:

My wife and I just started watching curb your enthusiasm for the first time tonight. It's good.

Its a grimdark seinfield, hard to go wrong

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

Its a grimdark seinfield, hard to go wrong

the jokes about george being hosed up are the best

especially between larry and jason

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Chuck Tingle is a national treasure.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

i love chuck tingle so goddamn much

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgWJQ1RsH8o

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

that was pretty impressive

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tumblr hype man posted:

EMS in King County, WA went to this system, and it's like $25 now. Apparently New York is trying it out now. they have a training program for people who aren't emts too

King County EMS is the gold standard in emergency response in the US. :)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HEY NONG MAN posted:

King County EMS is the gold standard in emergency response in the US. :)

what county is pittsburgh in?

:troll:

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

cant wait for the first story of someone dying because their cars software was updating and they couldnt drive away from a tornado

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sophian posted:

epipens are pretty cool. we get expired ones and you stab a box with them to see what happens..

fuckin mylan hiking the price. isn't 40% of their operating profits from epipens? thats fuckloads given how many drugs they sell. probably almost half of all the drugs on our shelf are mylan

shame they're so fuckin expensive with such short expiries. there is a cheaper alternative but its less popular

but how about just not anaphylaxing though. fuckers dont thinkin of that

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

echinopsis posted:

epipens are pretty cool. we get expired ones and you stab a box with them to see what happens..

fuckin mylan hiking the price. isn't 40% of their operating profits from epipens? thats fuckloads given how many drugs they sell. probably almost half of all the drugs on our shelf are mylan

shame they're so fuckin expensive with such short expiries. there is a cheaper alternative but its less popular

what are medication prices like in NZ, actually?
aus is generally pretty ok but there's some issues where like, a medication won't be covered for adults so instead of being $22.50 it's like fuckin $500/month, tho this is reasonably uncommon

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

echinopsis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFwBH2fb2E0

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

looking forward to GAME OF THRONES: BLOOD DRAGON

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

epipen posted:

what are medication prices like in NZ, actually?
aus is generally pretty ok but there's some issues where like, a medication won't be covered for adults so instead of being $22.50 it's like fuckin $500/month, tho this is reasonably uncommon

overall we probably pay the least for our wholesale medicines in the entire western world

because our country as a whole acts as a wholesale purchaser and arranges all sorts of deals with the drug companies. this is good in some ways but it means the public are often getting given different brands. for example atorvastatin was lipitor. used to be fuckin expernsive but then pfizer released a nz only verson called zarator where a bottle of 90 whole sales at like $4 and that wasnt bad at least it was decent tabs but soon they're being replaced by an even cheaper generic called lorstat and the price is $13 for 500 of the bastards and of course this now means I will be counting shitloads more rather than giving packets

but yeah.. cheap. and in general all very well funded. whereas our GP visits aren't so cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

in the uk all prescriptions are £8.50 regardless of what you're getting
unless you have cancer then it's free
or if your poor then it's free

• Locked thread