Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

To be fair, that's basically what they did in BTCC, they just provided the tools to a bunch of loving idiots.

I remember Nissan being pretty drat good during the supertouring era, was there another point when this happened?

Human Grand Prix posted:

Please watch Super GT.

It's on at 4am here! 😴

I've been watching these from the Reuinion thingy at Laguna Seca :stwoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KK0GCePLr0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUXsUmt1RYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Suzuka 1000 is scheduled for ~8 hours tomorrow, just catch the coverage when you get up. It's okay to check in partway. Promise.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nismo TV stream of Suzuka 1000 if you're up and want to watch racing.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Idiot race making loads of anime references and inappropriate comments over the Eva and Hatsune Miku cars in the live chat

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This happened in the SCCA Trans-Am race I just watched on CBSSN because there was nothing else on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6offBLJl9R4&t=154s

The Corvette spun off, got it refired, and rolled backwards toward the corner where he tried to loop it back around on the pavement and it didn't work.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I know the old 'grass cutting' joke in racing but IMSA is just ridiculous today

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VIR without the oak makes me sad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CactusWeasle posted:

I know the old 'grass cutting' joke in racing but IMSA is just ridiculous today

And surprisingly caution free until Gavin decided the tire barrier looked really nice and wanted to hug it with his car. What is it with yellow cars and tire barriers today?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
They said just seconds before that he was due to pit for a splash and dash, so I guess he was just pushing too hard on his in-lap

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Man, the risi Ferrari got screwed out of a good finish again

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
One of the Porsches reported oil on track at that corner shortly before Gavin went off.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

drgitlin posted:

One of the Porsches reported oil on track at that corner shortly before Gavin went off.

That, combined with the fact the track was "clean" because of the downpours Saturday made for lots of mowing.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
WEC from Mexico City starting soon. Rain a possibilty for later

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

CactusWeasle posted:

WEC from Mexico City starting soon. Rain a possibilty for later

It's being shown on BT Sport 3 if you are in the UK.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Also on Eurosport Player if you have that.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
The ESM cars cannot stay out of trouble, it seems.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This race rules after 2 hours, Audi take Porsche and both come into the pits together.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

The Audi looks monsterously fast.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I fell asleep after 3 hours and woke up to see the #1 crossing the line,so how did Audi gently caress this one up?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

The #8 Audi had a failed wheel bearing and ended up in the barrier, it came back out again but was way behind. The #7 Audi was up to 2nd late in the race and was catching the #1 Porsche hand over fist but with less than 10 minutes to go Lotterer missed a chicane and went straight on and scraped the wall. He didn't have to bring it in for that, but lost sufficient time so that the #1 Porsche wasn't challenged even though they had a minor off right at the end when the rain came back.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

track day bro! posted:

I remember Nissan being pretty drat good during the supertouring era, was there another point when this happened?

Just last year.

Nissan got bored after 2 rounds when the team were fairly hopeless, they then proceeded to get sued by the driver who wasn't the team principal's son, lost one of their licences for not bothering to field the 2nd car, didn't pay any of their bills and were kicked out of the series at the end of the year.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm surprised Nissan haven't quit V8 Supercars already to be honest.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Goodwood Revival is live now, and it's pouring. Come watch nutters wreck million dollar cars

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
That was a very ambitious move especially when your helmet sticks over the roll cage

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Races being stopped at the Goodwood public swimming pool.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

njsykora posted:

Races being stopped at the Goodwood public swimming pool.

Keith Moon would be upset about that news (if he were still alive)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/134366-imsa-pwc-acura-confirms-michael-shank-realtime-racing-nsx-gt3-entries

Shank running a pair of NSX GT3's in GTD next year, and Realtime Racing running a pair in PWC (which may have 10 million car grids at this point, roughly)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Aston rear diffusers are getting a little ridiculous.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WEC on FS2 now from COTA. I thought Calvin Fish was going to be flying solo on the call, but they're using RLM's commentary led by Jo'n 'ind'augh. :getin:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Gotta love Hindy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

WEC on FS2 now from COTA. I thought Calvin Fish was going to be flying solo on the call, but they're using RLM's commentary led by Jo'n 'ind'augh. :getin:

So good. Watching on the app.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

someone stop the GT on Audi violence

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

drat. Audi's having all the bad luck this race. On pace they should be easily winning the race.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Same thing that knocked out Brendon Hartley at Silverstone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Blancpain Endurance qualifying starting soon, been delayed because the Ring is foggy as hell and it's forecast to rain later.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There was a massive crash at today's Sundown 500 on the opening lap:

http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/race-suspended-after-golding-crash/

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
OIder tracks that have the track laid down at the perimeter of property like that have always freaked me out. A 2nd gear corner in a passing zone at the end of the longest, fastest straight with zero runoff. What could possibly go wrong!?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

ESM coming back to IMSA with a 2-car Ligier/Nissan DPi team. Apparently they WILL run custom DPi bodywork, too. Dunno if that means Nissan will just badge the ACO spec Gibson engine (like they have been doing for years already), or if it will be a separate DPi specific engine.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/134562-imsa-tequila-patron-esm-announces-2017-return

At this point, it looks like the Proto field will be significantly better than it was looking a few months ago.

Taylor - Dallara/Cadillac
AXE - Dallara/Cadillac?
AXE - Dallara/Cadillac?
Spirit - Dallara/Cadillac?
SpeedSource - Riley/Mazda
ESM - Ligier/Nissan
ESM - Ligier/Nissan
ViperExchange - Riley/Gibson
Starworks - Riley/Gibson
PR1 - ?/Gibson

Ligier/Honda (2018)

Cygni fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 20, 2016

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cygni posted:

ESM coming back to IMSA with a 2-car Ligier/Nissan DPi team. Apparently they WILL run custom DPi bodywork, too. Dunno if that means Nissan will just badge the ACO spec Gibson engine (like they have been doing for years already), or if it will be a separate DPi specific engine.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/134562-imsa-tequila-patron-esm-announces-2017-return

At this point, it looks like the Proto field will be significantly better than it was looking a few months ago.

Taylor - Dallara/Cadillac
AXE - Dallara/Cadillac?
AXE - Dallara/Cadillac?
Spirit - Dallara/Cadillac?
ESM - Ligier/Nissan
ESM - Ligier/Nissan
ViperExchange - Riley/Gibson
Starworks - Riley/Gibson
PR1 - ?/Gibson

Ligier/Honda (2018)

The Gibson is unbadged at the moment so Nissan is doing their own engine and bodywork which funny enough were more of a rumor and further behind then both Cadillac/Dallara and Mazda/Riley. As for potential teams, change SDR to a Mazda/Riley while other teams are looking at the Riley chassis and Gibson engine, specifically the current PC teams since it's getting fazed out. Only other manufacture left is Oreca who is getting a European team to do the 24 but hints of a major American team, Team Penske, could get an Oreca and give it a go.

Bentley still seems interested while Honda is going for 2018 especially with MSR going to GTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm going to laugh really, really hard if it turns out the ESM-Nissan's engine is a 3.0 liter twin turbo we may have seen being unimpressive somewhat recently.

• Locked thread