Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Looks like the current arc is almost wrapped up and hopefully the pacing will start to improve again. I'm still kinda disappointed they only did a single cutaway episode showing what's happening with Sanji's bunch though.

Also the Manga thread title finally makes sense for those of us who only watch the Anime. '7 Children, but Luffy Says He's NOT the Father!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I have to admit, I got a little emotional there at the end of that last episode, which I really didn't expect.

Also, I really like this whole slowly-growing Luffy empire he's been building since he entered the New World.
The next episode preview kind of ruined the whole cliffhanger though. I was actually kind of thinking he'd refuse.

Very excited to move on to a new arc though...

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I'm really surprised that actually happened. When Drill Head guy were chasing him I was hoping he would stop and talk to him.

But I've got a feeling this is a setup for the next arc. Someone big and bad is gonna go up against the team.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-05/one-piece-anime-reveals-zou-arc-visual-more-details-for-silver-mine-arc/.102888

Woah, we're finally getting a filler arc so they can back off Oda a bit. Maybe the pacing will get a little less lovely after this.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Kingnothing posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-05/one-piece-anime-reveals-zou-arc-visual-more-details-for-silver-mine-arc/.102888

Woah, we're finally getting a filler arc so they can back off Oda a bit. Maybe the pacing will get a little less lovely after this.

Luffy and Barto Club funtimes yessss :swoon:

As for the Gold movie, I know what 3D is obviously, but what are 4DX and MX4D?

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Kingnothing posted:

I expect it'll be a fairly short arc since it's a film tie-in. We'd need a 30+ episode arc to have any real impact on the pacing of the anime.

With that said, the upcoming non-filler arc is much better paced in the manga than Dressrosa was, so that's something.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Luffy and Barto Club funtimes yessss :swoon:

As for the Gold movie, I know what 3D is obviously, but what are 4DX and MX4D?

My guess is smell-o-vision.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Raposa posted:

My guess is smell-o-vision.

According to Google, 4DX whatever is a euphemism for the rocking chairs with mist and etc that shoot at you to simulate the movie like you see with the rides at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

The next episode preview kind of ruined the whole cliffhanger though. I was actually kind of thinking he'd refuse.

Well, that new episode made a lot more sense now. The next episode looks good too.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

Well, that new episode made a lot more sense now. The next episode looks good too.

Guess I'll edit instead of double-posting: e: <--- whelp, I guess I'm bad at reading buttons before I click them apparently.

Yes! Handaxe Morgan is finally showing up! I've been waiting for this. Finally the very first antagonist is making his reappearance, aside from his brief moment of escape some several hundred episodes ago. The fact that characters don't just stop existing in the world of One Piece, but show up many many many many episodes later in unexpected ways is one of my favorite parts of the series. And on top of it: CP-9 as well! I really didn't expect that. Looks like some really exciting stuff is to come!

Now if only Johnny and Yosaku would show up again...

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
And the best ship design award goes to.... Barto Club

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Shadow0 posted:

Yes! Handaxe Morgan is finally showing up! I've been waiting for this. Finally the very first antagonist is making his reappearance, aside from his brief moment of escape some several hundred episodes ago. The fact that characters don't just stop existing in the world of One Piece, but show up many many many many episodes later in unexpected ways is one of my favorite parts of the series. And on top of it: CP-9 as well! I really didn't expect that. Looks like some really exciting stuff is to come!

Second antagonist. Aldiva is the first ;)
:goonsay:

I also appreciate the reappearance of CP-9, even if it's under a new name, and am interested to know what's going on with Sanji's new 'Alive Only' bounty

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Second antagonist. Aldiva is the first ;)
:goonsay:

I also appreciate the reappearance of CP-9, even if it's under a new name, and am interested to know what's going on with Sanji's new 'Alive Only' bounty

Oh yeah, you're right. I had a feeling I was skipping someone. I briefly considered those pirates from when he was a kid too. (Since the mountain bandit before them is very much dead.)

I'm not a big fan of most of the new posters, but definitely very interested in what Sanji has done to earn his.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

brook has the best wanted poster

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

sharrrk posted:

brook has the best wanted poster

Counterpoint: Duval

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chopper and Brooke's posters are pretty great, surprised that Luffy's bounty barely went up to be honest. Barto Club is easily the best crew with the greatest ship. I'm really glad Luffy is being built up into a pirate fleet now, some of the arcs felt a little bit like pokemon syndrome where it felt like he should have a far more significant effect on the world. Kaidou had the raddest loving entrance and I am guessing all his captures were intentional so that they'd try to execute himself, but it's weird that he has apparently been beaten seven times. Interesting as well that he is the world's most powerful being one on one.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
New intro this week! It's...okay?

Also, the new ad break titles are awesome and I want to see all of them.

As for the episode, filler arc! Things are happening, quickly! However the quality of animation is shoddy af.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Only two minutes in but Barto Club continuing to be the greatest pirate crew of all time. My only problem with previous bumpers was that they only played Luffy's one even though I adored all the individual ones they used to have.

e: Also I missed Luffy's new design last arc, it actually looks so good despite only having a few changes.

e2: RE: Animation. I've started watching some other series again recently and it really shows up how poor the animation can be in One Piece, granted most of those don't have to run for a million episodes. They do still budget for big events like Gear Fourth though. I might watch the latest film because iirc the films have much better animation.

e3: Hell yeah it seems like we're getting individual themes again

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 26, 2016

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

New intro this week! It's...okay?

I don't care for it at all, but maybe it'll grow on me. I guess it's trying to join the "We ___" set of openings, but it's no where near as interesting.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Also, the new ad break titles are awesome and I want to see all of them.

It was weird to see Bartolomeo had one since he's not a strawhat. Vivi never got one and she's more of an actual crewmember. (Though she didn't have a bounty either)

I'm still curious how Bartolomeo earned his title of Cannibal.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vivi did have her own bumper and theme during Arabasta.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

Vivi did have her own bumper and theme during Arabasta.

Oh, nice
Does this mean we'll get one for Law too? Hope so!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That would rule! I'm still hoping for law to become a Strawhat even though it's a pretty slim possibility considering he'd have to permanently abandon his own pals. My favourite bumpers were when we had the telescope zooming in on a random Strawhat doing their thing along with their little theme. Also super stoked for Kaido to start running riot in the series, gonna rule seeing Luffy fight someone who's so gigantic. Also kicked rear end that he tried to fight Fujitora because it makes sense for him not to back down from an opponent anymore.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

That would rule! I'm still hoping for law to become a Strawhat even though it's a pretty slim possibility considering he'd have to permanently abandon his own pals. My favourite bumpers were when we had the telescope zooming in on a random Strawhat doing their thing along with their little theme. Also super stoked for Kaido to start running riot in the series, gonna rule seeing Luffy fight someone who's so gigantic. Also kicked rear end that he tried to fight Fujitora because it makes sense for him not to back down from an opponent anymore.

I've been wondering where they (and also Buggy's old crew) have been.
My favorite was the one where they ran past and grabbed an item significant to them.
I'm very excited to see Kaido in action.

Luffy will finally be taking on one of the four most powerful people, yet I think we'll still be seeing another 20 years of One Piece.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Shadow0 posted:

I'm still curious how Bartolomeo earned his title of Cannibal.

I think I remember something about a cannibal being slang for someone who greatly annoys other people.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ya cannibal basically is equivalent to troll.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

EmmyOk posted:

I think, after Kaidou/Wano, Law will leave the spotlight but not before joining as part of the Strawhat Alliance with his whole crew aligned under Luffy, kind of like how Jimbei's Sun Pirates are aligned under Big Mom because of Jimbei's fealty to her. At least, until Law shows up again for the big climax at the end. :D

Kild posted:

ya cannibal basically is equivalent to troll.

That's hilarious because then he is even more of a direct pun/joke with his character to the Japanese audience.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Jun 27, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that makes a lot of sense actually. Considering he only really wanted to crush Doflamingo he might leave now though I suspect he will feel obliged to help Luffy fight Kaidou considering that's what they agreed. My vague theory for the future of the show was that Luffy would take down Kaidou and then find out Blackbeard had beaten Shanks in the meantime. Obviously that's super vague because it leaves out so many major players. Now that Eustace/Hawkins/Scratchman are after Shanks though I'm not so sure. Please don't hurt my baby Shanks :saddowns: More than anything right now though I want to see more Kaidou, goddamn he looks so cool.

I don't want to google in case of manga spoilers, what are the names of the two great weapons again? I remember one is a megaship and one is the mermaid princess but I can't recall the names. Pluton and Poseidon?

e: One thing that changed in subs that annoyed me is that they used to just say "traf" as opposed to "traf-guy". I wish subbers went for more natural translations as opposed to exactly what it says. I'm reading some Air Gear omnibuses at the minute and they do super good natural translations. Peoples' thoughts?

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 27, 2016

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think it's great honestly how the anime OP intros set up the fantasy fighting match ups, like Sanji/Kizaru and Luffy/Akainu before and Kaidou/Luffy now. Gets me pretty hyped!

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Woops anime thread

d[-.-]b fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 27, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Well when the episode ended nothing had happened between them and Kaidou

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So what's everyone's favourite intros? Top 3?

Meanwhile, does anyone know how long this filler will go for? (I'm fine for 2 months of Barto Club + Strawhats adventure)

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Andrew_1985 posted:

So what's everyone's favourite intros? Top 3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJlbPqka3M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQUzBAgrXVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z318uI_0k

(I'm sorry)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Seeing the filler be able to go at its own pace made me realise that Dressrosa was slower than I realised. What's the plot of the next film because it's hard to believe Bill will be a primary antagonist. Countdown to Bill destroyed Desire's former crew. Also it's definite that they've gone back to individual themes for the bumpers as well as different backgrounds while the posters flutter in.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Whelp. That was some terrible animation...

then suddenly

Also, how could Law have possibly seen the Luffy group and known to send in Kin'enmon and known there was someone at that exact location to swap with him?

At least the pacing is good...

I also like that the bad guy had a great thing going, but decided to throw it all away for the sake of being a villain.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Fourth Page :(

Is the filler over?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is the filler over?

The Silver Mine arc? Yeah, it's over.

It wasn't that bad, by One Piece filler standards. In other words, it was fairly bad.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is the filler over?

The filler is over but the padding isn't. Spent an entire episode climbing a loving cliff. OK technically elephant rear end

And now they're on an island full of furries. Which appear to somehow be distinct from people who ate Zoan-fruits?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Just think of the minks as the land-based version of Fishmen.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Julias posted:

Who are far less annoying and who's arc goes by way quicker. Well depending on how much stretching they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

I was wondering about that. They basically get a free Zoan power from birth, and then could eat a Devil's Fruit to gain an extra power?

I was worried this thread died forever...

The Ryuunosuke thing was very cute, but hearing them say his name and him replying 10,000 times got really grating fast. I guess they did it for padding, but who looks at a script with 7,000 "Ryuu!"s written and says, "Actually, could we get a few more takes on that? Yeah, and let's just use all of them."

Shame that Barthelomeo never got to meet the other Strawhats; I hope he does one day.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 29, 2016