Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I get 2 keepers in a 2-QB league. Right now I think I want to keep Ingram since I got him in round 6 last year but I also have Brady, Brees, and stashed Taylor early in Week 2 from last year. Should I just keep a combination of 2 QBs (both round 1, 2 picks) or just Brees? Keeping Taylor means he'd count as just a Round 8 pickup due to being a waiver addition but obviously Brees or Brady are better players.

Also have Watkins/Bryant/Kelce but I don't think they'd enter this conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I drafted Matt Jones and my league laughed at me saying he's injured. How worried should I be. News seems to say he should be ready by week 1.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I get 2 keepers in a 2-QB league. Right now I think I want to keep Ingram since I got him in round 6 last year but I also have Brady, Brees, and stashed Taylor early in Week 2 from last year. Should I just keep a combination of 2 QBs (both round 1, 2 picks) or just Brees? Keeping Taylor means he'd count as just a Round 8 pickup due to being a waiver addition but obviously Brees or Brady are better players.

Also have Watkins/Bryant/Kelce but I don't think they'd enter this conversation.

Brady isn't anywhere near worth keeping as a 2nd round pick when he's missing 4 games this year. I'd probably go for Tyrod at 8th round over Ingram at 6th if this is a 12 team or larger league, but go for Ingram if fewer than 12 teams or you know from past experience that people don't hoard QBs that much in this league.

RCarr posted:

I drafted Matt Jones and my league laughed at me saying he's injured. How worried should I be. News seems to say he should be ready by week 1.

Well, he's probably going to be back at worst a week or two into the season, and possible for week 1 yeah, but he's also bad.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

MinibarMatchman posted:

I nearly got laughed out of the Rate My Team thread for starting Dalton and Carr in a 2QB league. Don't be like me. Keep Brees and maybe Taylor. If Brady hangs around into the mid rounds of the draft (he won't) I'd try to scoop him back up too.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

I nearly got laughed out of the Rate My Team thread for starting Dalton and Carr in a 2QB league. Don't be like me. Keep Brees and maybe Taylor. If Brady hangs around into the mid rounds of the draft (he won't) I'd try to scoop him back up too.

The people that laughed at you were dumb, IMO. Dalton and Carr are both going to be fringe QB1s this year and the value you got at other positions should more than compensate for waiting on QBs.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I am also on the Dalton train after waiting for a QB for forever in combination with everyone in my league taking backup QBs early into their bench depth.

I think Dalton's bread and butter this year is going to be those quick hit plays to Bernard and having Green over the top. That should be good enough for a decent completion rate, probably 250-300 yards a game, and probably 2 TDs a game. I'd take that in a heartbeat instead of wasting my fourth round pick on a a high scoring QB that will hurt my value for my starting RBs/WRs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Well, he's probably going to be back at worst a week or two into the season, and possible for week 1 yeah, but he's also bad.

Ehh a starting RB for a 11th round pick or whenever I got him isn't too much of a risk for me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have a "Who do I drop" question. I never draft Defense, Kicker, or Defensive players, so I'm going to have to drop 4 guys from my bench in order to fill the DEF, K, Defensive Player, and Defensive Back positions before week 1. I'd like some advice as to who I should drop.

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

My last 4 picks were Powell, Funchess, Snead, and Washington so I'm leaning towards dropping them.

*Note* Due to trades, my last pick out of an 18th round draft was round 12 - So I should probably look at packaging some or all of these 4 players for a pick or player in return right? I know they will probably get scooped off waivers immediately

Thoughts? Also if ya'll wanna rate my team go ahead even though this isn't the thread for that :)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

I have a "Who do I drop" question. I never draft Defense, Kicker, or Defensive players, so I'm going to have to drop 4 guys from my bench in order to fill the DEF, K, Defensive Player, and Defensive Back positions before week 1. I'd like some advice as to who I should drop.

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

My last 4 picks were Powell, Funchess, Snead, and Washington so I'm leaning towards dropping them.

*Note* Due to trades, my last pick out of an 18th round draft was round 12 - So I should probably look at packaging some or all of these 4 players for a pick or player in return right? I know they will probably get scooped off waivers immediately

Thoughts? Also if ya'll wanna rate my team go ahead even though this isn't the thread for that :)

Tate and Marvin Jones are going to be maddening to own and sit/start, especially early on.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cervixalot posted:

The people that laughed at you were dumb, IMO. Dalton and Carr are both going to be fringe QB1s this year and the value you got at other positions should more than compensate for waiting on QBs.

Yeah I didn't understand the hate for those two picks either. They're perfectly fine in a 2 QB league. They're even a decent one-two streaming punch in 1 QB leagues.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

Hmm, this is a bit painful. All accounts have Funchess tearing it up, but I'm not sure you have a better candidate to drop. Packaging up two or three for one deals to upgrade is ideal. I'd also kinda hate to drop season-long potentially useful players rather than Deangelo Williams, but I'd also hate to give another team three weeks of RB1 production. Tough.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Tate and Marvin Jones are going to be maddening to own and sit/start, especially early on.

Yeah, I definitely foresee this being very gut-wrenching. Oh well, what are you gonna do. There's a lot of value there if one of them gets the clear cut WR1 job.

RVProfootballer posted:

Hmm, this is a bit painful. All accounts have Funchess tearing it up, but I'm not sure you have a better candidate to drop. Packaging up two or three for one deals to upgrade is ideal. I'd also kinda hate to drop season-long potentially useful players rather than Deangelo Williams, but I'd also hate to give another team three weeks of RB1 production. Tough.

I'm talking to a few people regarding trades. Hopefully I can put something together.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

In my 14 team 1 QB league Im running with Carr and Prescott as my QBs. The waiver wire is thin.

Is it worth dropping Prescott for Siemann, Osweiller, Cutler or Fitzpatrick?

Im worried that Carr is gonna be p. Mediocre and im trying to grab the next "QB that is going to be good for one year" player.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

OxySnake posted:

In my 14 team 1 QB league Im running with Carr and Prescott as my QBs. The waiver wire is thin.

Im worried that Carr is gonna be p. Mediocre and im trying to grab the next "QB that is going to be good for one year" player.

I'm not sure why you would worry over Carr being mediocre, he improved a lot between his rookie year and last year and has a solid receiving group.

The only QB I would drop Prescott for is Cutler. Cutler quietly had his best season last year and is much less risky than a rookie QB.

With Dak, he has looked good but we have no idea how he will play in the regular season.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

My team:
QB- Wilson
RB- Bell (K)
RB- Elliot
WR- Nelson (K)
WR- Watkins
WR- Tate
FLEX- Langford
TE- Ertz
B- John Brown
B- DeAngelo Williams
B- Marvin Jones
B- Matt Jones
B- Sterling Shepard
B- Emannuel Sanders
B- Bilal Powell
B- Devin Funchess
B- Willie Snead
B- Deandre Washington

I love Marvin Jones this year and I'm convinced he'll destroy Golden Tate. Funchess love the potential there. My candidates would be: Shepherd, Snead, Tate, Powell or Washington.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OxySnake posted:

I would suggest Fitz but he's been good for multiple years so he doesn't really fit your criteria

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

IcePhoenix posted:

I would suggest Fitz but he's been good for multiple years so he doesn't really fit your criteria

I wouldn't say Fitz has been good multiple years. Last year was the best year of his career and I am willing to bet that is his ceiling.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

MrSargent posted:

I'm not sure why you would worry over Carr being mediocre, he improved a lot between his rookie year and last year and has a solid receiving group.

The only QB I would drop Prescott for is Cutler. Cutler quietly had his best season last year and is much less risky than a rookie QB.

With Dak, he has looked good but we have no idea how he will play in the regular season.

My main thought is that his TD number is going to drop dramatically. He will improve, but I think OAK only had 4ish rushing TDs. That number will probably improve just due to basic regression.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So only one day after this draft, i've already been approached by someone wanting to trade. He's named Jamaal Charles as available but is waiting for me to shoot him an offer if i'd like.

Full PPR we start 2WR/2RB/TE/WT

WR - Julio Jones/Alshon Jeffrey/Keenan Allen/Larry Fitzgerald/Michael Crabtree/Rishard Matthews
RB - Thomas Rawls/Jonathan Stewart/Danny Woodhead/Ryan Mathews/Duke Johnson

So basically i can only start 3 WR's and i'm loaded there, which i think is why he's targeting me? My RB's are not this years top 5 or anything, but in a full PPR league, i think i'm pretty set. Though getting someone like Charles is definitely enough to get interest from me, should i stand pat with who i have or throw an offer?

His other RB's are Gurley, Lacy, and Blount. WR's are Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Allen Hurns, and Sanu.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MrSargent posted:

I wouldn't say Fitz has been good multiple years. Last year was the best year of his career and I am willing to bet that is his ceiling.

He had three straight 3000 yard 20 TD seasons in Buffalo. He's in that fun QB 8-18 range where they're basically all the same so in a 14 team league I feel comfortable in calling that "good."

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Drunk Nerds posted:

"Another WR" as in "Julio or Allen, who are really good WRs and also better than Alshon?" If so, your best bet is to get him to pony up some more on his end of the Alshon-Martin deal, instead of trying for AP. Him nixing it rather than counter-offering is a clear sign you'd be wasting your time trying to put together a package deal for All-Day

I'm thinking of throwing him DeMarco or Langford in addition to Alshon. Am I overpaying here?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
My sister's team may be the most boom or bust lineup ive ever seen in my life :stare:

QB Cam
RB Freeman, Ingram
WR Demaryus, Decker
Flex Woodhead

aka Team Last Year's Hype

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Anyone else super excited about Mike Evans this year? I'm drafting 12th of 12 and am taking [Best Available WR] + Mike Evans at the turn. In early season mocks I was getting him in the 3rd but hes been steadily climbing into the 2nd and sometimes the 1st. I think him and Winston really have clicked and his preseason thus far has only proved that.

I'd be picking him over WRs such as Allen, Jeffery, Nelson or Cooks but I'm ok with that.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

OxySnake posted:

My main thought is that his TD number is going to drop dramatically. He will improve, but I think OAK only had 4ish rushing TDs. That number will probably improve just due to basic regression.

I wouldn't expect his TD numbers to drop dramatically as a result of an increase in rushing TDs. I think the offense as a whole will be better and Carr will continue to improve like he did last year. But that's just my thought!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

He had three straight 3000 yard 20 TD seasons in Buffalo. He's in that fun QB 8-18 range where they're basically all the same so in a 14 team league I feel comfortable in calling that "good."

My apologies, kept forgetting it was a 14 team league. You are right that he probably fits that range and is in one of the best situations in his career.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Prophecy120 posted:

Anyone else super excited about Mike Evans this year? I'm drafting 12th of 12 and am taking [Best Available WR] + Mike Evans at the turn. In early season mocks I was getting him in the 3rd but hes been steadily climbing into the 2nd and sometimes the 1st. I think him and Winston really have clicked and his preseason thus far has only proved that.

I'd be picking him over WRs such as Allen, Jeffery, Nelson or Cooks but I'm ok with that.

Yes, I have him WR #5 ahead of hopkins, just behind green. Winston will grow as a qb, but still lean hard on Evans.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

So only one day after this draft, i've already been approached by someone wanting to trade. He's named Jamaal Charles as available but is waiting for me to shoot him an offer if i'd like.

Full PPR we start 2WR/2RB/TE/WT

WR - Julio Jones/Alshon Jeffrey/Keenan Allen/Larry Fitzgerald/Michael Crabtree/Rishard Matthews
RB - Thomas Rawls/Jonathan Stewart/Danny Woodhead/Ryan Mathews/Duke Johnson

So basically i can only start 3 WR's and i'm loaded there, which i think is why he's targeting me? My RB's are not this years top 5 or anything, but in a full PPR league, i think i'm pretty set. Though getting someone like Charles is definitely enough to get interest from me, should i stand pat with who i have or throw an offer?

His other RB's are Gurley, Lacy, and Blount. WR's are Landry, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Allen Hurns, and Sanu.

I don't like Jeffrey and I really like Charles. I want my injury risk to be at RB, not WR. Since they're pretty evenly ranked, I, personally, would float out Jeffrey for Charles straight up.,

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mikey Purp posted:

I nearly got laughed out of the Rate My Team thread for starting [two top 18 QBs]

Yah this makes no sense, unless it's like an 8 team league. In ten+ team leagues SOMEBODY has to start the 20th+ rated QB, so these are perfectly fine. Maybe they didn't realize it was a 2 qb league?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 29, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RCarr posted:

I have a "Who do I drop" question.

I think you should pursue the trades if you can, but otherwise wait until after the last preseason games before making your drop/add. Part of the strategy of going no-kickers or defense during a draft is that a lot of players get injured during the preseason, so this approach reduces your risk from injury by giving you more rosterable players to pick from. If one of your guys gets a significant or season-ending injury, then your decision is made for you, and the rest of your roster will still have a full lineup of players who were draftable to begin with.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I don't like Jeffrey and I really like Charles. I want my injury risk to be at RB, not WR. Since they're pretty evenly ranked, I, personally, would float out Jeffrey for Charles straight up.,

I offered Jeffrey and JStew for Charles and Hurns

but I aborted within .00001231 seconds after responded with interest in Julio. Don't think i'd take any combo from his team for Julio.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
New BeerSheets: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4s0cl51ib2idhpg/AAAXEHrnNkzJ9goQYcYPcb_ua?dl=0

Still updating so if your special snowflake custom request isn't there please don't panic.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Does anyone play any of the public money leagues? I won 1/2 Yahoo Pro leagues last year but the format sucks (10-team standard). FFPC looks interesting, but $1750 is wayyyyyy out of my budget. Their $350 looks pretty cool too but more realistically I would maybe do their $77 league. Then there's Apex and Masters... I don't know where to go. I just want something in the $50-100 range that has 12 teams. Any thoughts on those three sites? Seems like they'd be full of sharks.

Alternatively, any goon leagues still have an opening?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Picking 5th .5 PPR and .1 PPC 12 team league. I was locked on Hopkins but then I started to waver after knowing my position for weeks. I am now thinking David Johnson or AJ Green, assuming the big 3 and Gurley are off the board. I am leaning towards DJ because I think the league will favor favor RBs, especially in the second. So I think I could still end up with an Evans or Allen in the second and not have to deal with picking up RB scraps with a full on WR draft.

I also feel like I always nail WR sleepers while always dealing with RB poo poo platters. Also the .1 PPC is so weird that I am thinking RB.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Hand Row posted:

Picking 5th .5 PPR and .1 PPC 12 team league. I was locked on Hopkins but then I started to waver after knowing my position for weeks. I am now thinking David Johnson or AJ Green, assuming the big 3 and Gurley are off the board. I am leaning towards DJ because I think the league will favor favor RBs, especially in the second. So I think I could still end up with an Evans or Allen in the second and not have to deal with picking up RB scraps with a full on WR draft.

I also feel like I always nail WR sleepers while always dealing with RB poo poo platters. Also the .1 PPC is so weird that I am thinking RB.

Not a fan of Hopkins that high. Your reasoning for DJ sounds fair

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Does anyone play any of the public money leagues? I won 1/2 Yahoo Pro leagues last year but the format sucks (10-team standard). FFPC looks interesting, but $1750 is wayyyyyy out of my budget. Their $350 looks pretty cool too but more realistically I would maybe do their $77 league. Then there's Apex and Masters... I don't know where to go. I just want something in the $50-100 range that has 12 teams. Any thoughts on those three sites? Seems like they'd be full of sharks.

I did the FFPC $350 a couple of years back- I think it's the same format as the $1750. I liked it. Probably not the best option for first bigger money public league, but I finished just outside of the prizes, in 4th. Generally solid competition, maybe only one truly terrible guy. Probably a good bit tougher than Yahoo, but I don't know.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I'm trying the RTFSports Fantasy Championship for the first time this year. $250 entry for 12 team leagues. 1st and 2nd in each league gets paid + the top whatever out of all teams entered gets paid. Top prize is 200k. http://www.rtsports.com/fantasy-football-leagues

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
I mentioned before that I am the new commissioner of my 12-team office league. So far, the only "non-standard" changes I have made are to reduce benches to six players and make it .5 PPR. I"m pondering some other changes:

(1) I'm thinking about switching to FAAB as it sounds fun; do people generally prefer FAAB to waivers? Do you do "normal" FAAB or "continuous" FAAB? What budget do you use?

(2) What are folks' preferred playoffs/championship structure?

Anything else I should think about changing?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

What site are you using for your league?

This year my league changed to FAAB because we noticed glaring flaws in both of the other waiver systems. We are giving each owner a $100 budget for the season, but $0 bids are allowed.

For playoffs in a 12 team, I think having 6 playoff teams total is the best because its more fun when more people are involved at the end. To each his own though. the top 4 seeds are picked by division winners (4 divisions of 3 teams each). The 2 wildcards are determined by the next two teams with the highest point totals. This is a good combination of division competition with fairness for playing in a tough division.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
How experienced is the office league? FAAB could easily turn off marginal players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

That is very true. If they are inexperienced, the next best is Waivers that reset based on usage.

• Locked thread