Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Poultron posted:

Ugh, is there any way to AA the text in Infiroad? It hurts my eyes to read this crap.
Nope. And there's no way to get all the heroes' boxes visible without them being tiny pieces of poo poo either, if that is why you're asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Nope. And there's no way to get all the heroes' boxes visible without them being tiny pieces of poo poo either, if that is why you're asking.

It is why I'm asking. Oh well.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Captain Foo posted:

I've only got level 2 autocasting. Best way to level that up is probably Angels? My issue right now is that I'm not digging up the artifacts i need for the next races and excavations are at a pretty high cost right now. I'm running titans right now, but I might try to get Angels running over the weekend to grind out some mana.

Yeah i think I left angels autocasting tax collection over a weekend when I was away, it does help a lot because you can set up casting cycles to combo spells while you're away. All the top level spells get a lot better when you can also toss a few tax collections or call to arms automatically

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Man, Infiroad really is what I like in a clicker. It shouldn't just be numbers going up, it should feel like you're breaking the thing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Where's the breakpoint for the final relics in Infiroad? Seems like it's around 42500 for the last (and most expensive) set I've found so far.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Someone send help. I've never played one of these games before until I found a Ragnarok Online themed one on Steam which is apparently pretty much just an entirely reskinned Clicker Heroes.

I haven't closed the game in 81 hours and I'm slowly slipping into insanity. :shepface:

Why did I go down this rabbit hole does it ever stop?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Where's the breakpoint for the final relics in Infiroad? Seems like it's around 42500 for the last (and most expensive) set I've found so far.

I think you're about done if it's another set of hp/attack relics for each buddy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

I think you're about done if it's another set of hp/attack relics for each buddy.
Yeah, that's the one. Like a hundred million each to upgrade.

Is it feasible to cap out all the relics? Seems like I'd need another mythril-boosting relic to even come close. I have the first one, the second one, and the one that increases every 10k floors. Even the lovely first ones that go to 9999 get expensive and I'm starting late enough I don't get them as drops anymore.

(Do the +starting levels have a cap?)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, that's the one. Like a hundred million each to upgrade.

Is it feasible to cap out all the relics? Seems like I'd need another mythril-boosting relic to even come close. I have the first one, the second one, and the one that increases every 10k floors. Even the lovely first ones that go to 9999 get expensive and I'm starting late enough I don't get them as drops anymore.

(Do the +starting levels have a cap?)

P sure I capped everything but the adamantite weapon/armor (they're close but it'll work better just letting them fill in naturally), trophy (crazy pricy) and the last set. Starting level cap is level 50k.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Aug 27, 2016

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Poultron posted:

It is why I'm asking. Oh well.

You really don't need to read that stuff after a while anyways. You'll see.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yeah, once you get perma-skills up and running, just throw on AFK-All mode, and you can truly let it idle.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

P sure I capped everything but the adamantite weapon/armor (they're close but it'll work better just letting them fill in naturally), trophy (crazy pricy) and the last set. Starting level cap is level 50k.
Cool. I'm at like 12k starting atm so there is actual meaningful progress left! I like this game and am cautiously optimistic it will update well, unlike Realm Grinder.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

By the end of it yeah you can cap everything easily, you can safely ignore most of it though and just focus on your heavy DPS (hunters/wizards are most effective once you get the train rolling it seems) and the economy stuff (merchants/generals and mithril/artifact boosters) and the ones that benefit everybody. I think it takes millions of mithril to cap the first tier upgrades and the later ones are wicked expensive, I was well past the zone 100k point for the final progress achievement, like 140k or so to finish everything, pulling in quadrillions per run

Hell of a progress curve on that game, lol. Once you get the combo going it goes off like a rocket

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, I'm just resetting when I hit a wall and getting like a trillion-ish mythril each time, putting that into the money booster and the mythril every 10k booster and the last of the find more relic boosters and the rest goes to wizard DPS. It seems to be an acceptable rate of progress!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Here I am. Put a few hours into the new Deus Ex and I'm playing loving Infiroad and chilling to videos on my other monitor. What is even my life.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What upgrades do you prioritize first in infiroad?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

AFK mode seems to just always boost whoever I upgraded last-- is that what it does, or does it prioritize based on cost-effectiveness and I'm just not noticing?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

AFK - All boosts everyone, but focuses on whoever you bought last. It'll upgrade them, and then use what is left on everyone else.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Klungar posted:

AFK - All boosts everyone, but focuses on whoever you bought last. It'll upgrade them, and then use what is left on everyone else.
It seems to buy once per second or something, too, so keep looking at it. It's the equivalent of clicking on that person and then... there's an order to the rest. Mage seems to get shafted, it might go right-to-left based on that observation, that's all I got.

PRADA SLUT posted:

What upgrades do you prioritize first in infiroad?
Before the one that gives you +time on boss kill, my order was Mythril and relic drop multipliers > gold multipliers and upgrade cost reducers > the cheapest damage boosts to Ninja and Slayer because getting the spawns to the boss was an active issue.
After the +time on boss kill, it was the same two, but boost damage on Hunter/Wizard.
Then when more tiers appeared, same thing.

EDIT: also how do I stop getting these out of memory errors that make me restart Firefox? If the answer is switch to Chrome, I'm lazy, but if there's an about :config setting please do tell!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 27, 2016

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Where do auto units spawn from?

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DACK FAYDEN posted:

EDIT: also how do I stop getting these out of memory errors that make me restart Firefox? If the answer is switch to Chrome, I'm lazy, but if there's an about :config setting please do tell!

If you can just download the stand alone. I've had zero issues with it so far personally.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Ninja sword is the best early relic since they get you far and fast. When you get the boss rush +time chain bullshit starting, spam sniper upgrades.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Trying to load Infiroad but it refuses to open in both Opera and Chrome. Are there any other browsers that can load Unity games or is just Firefox left?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Merijn posted:

Trying to load Infiroad but it refuses to open in both Opera and Chrome. Are there any other browsers that can load Unity games or is just Firefox left?

Chrome can run it and it runs much better than it does in firefox. But you're better off with the standalone version. Try clicking the big black box where the game's gonna be.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh wow, holy poo poo, the standalone version is a jillion times faster. Thanks for the heads-up on that.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
In Infiroad if I pick up a relic that's already maxed out do I get the mythril refunded?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

infiroad seems cool but the gigantic upgrade list thing is absolutely terrible. I can't see half my units so I can't keep track of my upgrades well and the AFK upgrade mode doesn't seem to work well at all.

Edit: There's a way to make it smaller. I'm an idiot.

Cowman fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 27, 2016

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Tracula posted:

In Infiroad if I pick up a relic that's already maxed out do I get the mythril refunded?

NOPE. But ultimately the mythril you would get is a drop in the bucket so it wouldn't matter.

Besides when you're blazing through at top speed you're only getting the relics that level up individual heroes and have high level caps (tiered based on where you are). It's only when you've slowed down some that you start getting the other types again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Well, I have everything but Trophy maxed. What level does that cap at? poo poo's expensive.

Clockwork Beast!
Jan 18, 2007

Clockwork beast! Clockwork beast! We're doomed!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, I have everything but Trophy maxed. What level does that cap at? poo poo's expensive.

I just got it to like 138 and yeah it's a bitch. I'm hoping 150 but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 200.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

pretty sure it's 200, still only takes like an hour to max if it's your last thing

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
It's exactly 198 and yeah, doesn't take as long as I'd feared once everything else is done. Exported save, put it in notepad, and I guess that's Infiroad done with for now!

Good game. Would recommend.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tracula posted:

Here I am. Put a few hours into the new Deus Ex and I'm playing loving Infiroad and chilling to videos on my other monitor. What is even my life.

Yeah I bought deus ex to play over the weekend then found this thread and Realm Grinder and uh, RIP the weekend. Didn't even play this $60 game I bought.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah I bought deus ex to play over the weekend then found this thread and Realm Grinder and uh, RIP the weekend. Didn't even play this $60 game I bought.

Yeah i've gotten more out of RG than a lot of games i paid full price for. (though im at a point where im setting up a run that can just be left for a day or 5 to get challenges done, its good)

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Speaking of RG, they're having an event starting tomorrow. Might break my 3+ month faceless hive mind idle to check it out.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I started playing Kittengame again and it's kinda fun to 'play' as long as you speed hack it and use the Kittenscientists addon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lol @ me

Captain Foo fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 29, 2016

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
I'm playing Trimps and am extremely disappointed that the upgrade research for Dagger isn't called Daggest.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Death Squad 2 just dropped. Death Squad and Transport Defenders were pretty good so I'm expecting it to be alright http://www.kongregate.com/games/IDNoise/death-squad-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Garfu posted:

I started playing Kittengame again and it's kinda fun to 'play' as long as you speed hack it and use the Kittenscientists addon

How do you hack it? I got to the end of kittengame like three years ago and I wouldn't want to play through 90% of that