Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Remember that shaking your head while your opponent spoke was disrespectful in 2000. I bet about 40% of the country will be very happy if Trump makes silly faces and flips Hillary the bird the entire time she's speaking.

You could probably get 20% of the electorate doing nothing but insulting Hillary Clinton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

zoux posted:

The Germans all thinking this is just a good faith accident, hang a phonetic spelling of Deutsche in the lobby, but nothing changes.
It's like how every American expat I meet that has had any experience at all with Deloitte and Touche calls them "Toilet and Douche", even though nobody else does. It's just American corporate peon humor. It's especially prominent here in Europe, where expats can hide behind the "stupid American" stereotype, as reported on in that clip. It's like using "irony" incorrectly on purpose around English majors.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Just to gently caress with pro-lifers I want to build a device I call the Zygote Holocaust Engine. You just thrown in a bucket of sperm and a few million discarded ova, and it automatically fertilizes each egg and then deep fries the lot. Does that make me a psychopath?

Not the deep frying part but the bucket part is a little :q: for sane comfort.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Just to gently caress with pro-lifers I want to build a device I call the Zygote Holocaust Engine. You just throw in a bucket of sperm and a few million discarded ova, and it automatically fertilizes each egg and then deep fries the lot. Does that make me a psychopath?
It sounds like the start of a really weird trolley problem variation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

For everyone saying Trump's debate expectations are super low (and they are), does that change if in the 2 weeks before the debate he hypes himself up as the best debater ever? Because I fully expect him to do that once he's committed himself to actually attending.

Trump tweet: "Not scared about debating Crooked Hillary. I debated many fine Republicans during the primary and won big league!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/770274286552682496

By the way it's the "Bored Media's Trump Comeback Narrative" month.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've still never heard a pro-life response to the fact that 30-40% of pregnancies terminate in the first trimester. And I don't even know where to begin explaining why that makes an anti-abortion stance look silly.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I've still never heard a pro-life response to the fact that 30-40% of pregnancies terminate in the first trimester. And I don't even know where to begin explaining why that makes an anti-abortion stance look silly.

Pretty sure the response to that is going to be the same as to more noticeable miscarriages- it was God's plan, sorry.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fitzy Fitz posted:

And I don't even know where to begin explaining why that makes an anti-abortion stance look silly.

"IT'S MURDER! :smug:" And then they backpedal when you ask them if they should be punished the same as a murderer.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

He's not in office anymore so I don't get why this is really newsworthy at this point. The guy clearly has issues if he's still pulling the same stuff like before, even when it cost him his career.

Huma's still heavily involved in Hillary's campaign though and he's still a semi-public figure because of his time in office.

If you haven't seen the documentary on him, it's available in digital formats. It's a good documentary (last bit w/Sydney Leathers notwithstanding) and it's just heartbreaking that someone who understands so much, so loving well, can't understand that him flirting online has killed not just his carrier but is treacherously close to killing his wife's.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I've still never heard a pro-life response to the fact that 30-40% of pregnancies terminate in the first trimester.
Probably something about God getting to decide when he wants more little angels in heaven, not men.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You don't see a difference between someone killing another person and that person dying of natural causes?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SimonCat posted:

You don't see a difference between someone killing another person and that person dying of natural causes?

Yes, this is the exact response and it is quite common, so I'm surprised that they have never heard a pro-life person address it before.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

RevKrule posted:

Huma's still heavily involved in Hillary's campaign though and he's still a semi-public figure because of his time in office.

If you haven't seen the documentary on him, it's available in digital formats. It's a good documentary (last bit w/Sydney Leathers notwithstanding) and it's just heartbreaking that someone who understands so much, so loving well, can't understand that him flirting online has killed not just his carrier but is treacherously close to killing his wife's.

CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SimonCat posted:

It's a matter of scale. If over a third of the human race dies before birth, are you sure God considers them people? I mean almost half of heaven is going to be people who never even had a life experience.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

zoux posted:

:laffo: What the hell? This take is so hot I nearly burned my fingers writing this post. This is why Clinton doesn't do a press conference. They'd ask her about Anthony Weiner's weiner.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

RevKrule posted:

I just don't understand what the point would be. "Your assistant is married to a man who was disgraced out of office, so uh.... that shows you are.. well. You don't surround yourself with the best people?"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yes, this is the exact response and it is quite common, so I'm surprised that they have never heard a pro-life person address it before.

No, really, I grew up around pro-lifers. We were taught the whole range of pro-life stances in (private) school. I don't remember them ever talking about it, but maybe it's a fact they don't really want to bring up.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

zoux posted:

Did Clinton name him her campaign manager when no one was looking?

In all seriousness, what is his role with her campaign?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

zoux posted:

Pence was on CNN yesterday crying about how the media has it out for Trump and that Trump's stance on immigration has been 100% consistent.

Like I'm not joking, it was a Mike Pence Power Hour on CNN.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Medical science is advanced enough that fetuses cam be grown in tubes and all fetuses are viable. If we had spent money on life saving obstetric science we could at this point have fetuses that were viable since conception.

Something I have actually been told.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Nucleic Acids posted:

The husband of someone on the campaign.
So, uh, none.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Nucleic Acids posted:

Inconvenient and irrational attack point.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

No Butt Stuff posted:

I just don't understand what the point would be. "Your assistant is married to a man who was disgraced out of office, so uh.... that shows you are.. well. You don't surround yourself with the best people?"

"Balance"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Antti posted:

:laffo: What the hell? This take is so hot I nearly burned my fingers writing this post. This is why Clinton doesn't do a press conference. They'd ask her about Anthony Weiner's weiner.

Maggie Habermann isn't some hack either, she's one of the leads on the NYT's presidential coverage.

Also the reason she's wrong is because, typically, going after a woman because of her sleazy husband usually pisses off female voters.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

zoux posted:

Hahaha. Let's pretend for a second that the leader of a campaign and the husband of someone working on a campaign are comparable. Yes Weiner being an idiot that sexts people is totally equivalent to a guy that ALLEGEDLY abused his wife, said his kids should go to a school with Jewish girls in it, and oh yeah is the head of a racist and misogynistic online news organization.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Nucleic Acids posted:

Husband of the vice-chairwoman of the campaign. His actions are equal to the actions of the actual campaign CEO because...

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

SimonCat posted:

Lets play the ol' embryo is a person game. Even when people are dying of natural causes, we don't merely accept their death as a fait accompli but we do everything we can to spare their lives. Hence modern medicine. So if embryos are people and millions are dying from first trimester failures, pro-lifers should be investing millions in ways to prevent this. They should be running a Manhattan program to alter the basic functioning of the female reproductive system. But they aren't because they really just want to control female sexuality. To state the obvious.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

lol, also, Weiner never physically abused Huma and has no official role in the campaign; nor did he say he didn't want his kids to go to school with jews.

Good work Maggie, you hack.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Nucleic Acids posted:

Do you really want Carlos Danger to have his wife's boss's finger on the trigger?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Radish posted:

Hahaha. Let's pretend for a second that the leader of a campaign and the husband of someone working on a campaign are comparable. Yes Weiner being an idiot that sexts people is totally equivalent to a guy that ALLEGEDLY abused his wife, said his kids should go to a school with Jewish girls in it, and oh yeah is the head of a racist and misogynistic online news organization.

https://twitter.com/danielhalper/status/770228509306388481

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a matter of scale. If over a third of the human race dies before birth, are you sure God considers them people? I mean almost half of heaven is going to be people who never even had a life experience.

So you think someone's worth as a person depends on their age and life experiences?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/770279919263907840

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SimonCat posted:

Are there laws forcing miscarriages to get funerals?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

SimonCat posted:

So you think someone's worth as a person depends on their age and life experiences?

Oh great, a live one.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

so maggie was priming, knowing that was coming. god she's awful.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Did he drown a sack of puppies for good measure?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Welp.

I'm surprised this wasn't sooner.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Hot take predictor:

Why does the Clinton campaign have a bunch of divorcees on it? This is proof that Clinton doesn't value strong families or family values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
He seems nice.

• Locked thread